Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing May 2nd

They said the marks happened just before or at the time of death.so he went while on the bed

totally agree re the claims of needing an alibi so he could claim mj or someone else did it.i doubt u can prove totally he was in the room.its just about putting everything together like the coughing and his lies and the coincedence of him claiming he left the room.unless u have a witness it can never be proved 100%.

yes you are correct...and unless the pros are being tight liped about it....they dont have a witness...Now THAT would be phenomenal if the did....but like you said the phone calls are probably the closest thing they have to a witness.

yeah tbh i dont think for one min they have such a witness who can say he never left the room. u would have to have someone else in their with him which obviously wasnt the case

why bring up old news? . they are bringing up OLD news that even in 03 the judge found irrelevant. the cocain was found on a pair of pants during the raid of neverland. it was among dirty laundry of other people but was determine to belong to MJ due to blod stain. the defense pointed out that NO trace of coc was found in the blod but only on the pants. even If there was some truth in this crap story, IT'S STILL IRRELEVANT. all the drugs in his system was given to him by MURRAY!

I feel the story is Conrad Murray's PR firm at work dragging MJ's name through the mud.

It's really a stupid move to bring up old news from 03 that was proved to be incorrect and wasn't even brought up in the 05 trial!

But, if that's Murray strategy then it only shows how desperate they are to show MJ was an alleged addict!

What a complete FAIL! lol

I'm just afraid some people will believe this bs and never check to see that it was proven to be a lie a long time ago.

Those kinds of people will always exist their are a bunch of lazies, who believe anything and everything said about him. But, the important thing is that this old news won't make it to the Murray case.

yep this won't see the light of day at all.. Everything MJ had in him was prescribed and administered by Murray. And once again if Murray didn't know about this before he treated MJ, then that's his problem. I'm sure he heard of MJ's alleged addictions from years back after the pepsi burn, so if he didn't research his patient's medical history then that's his problem.

There is no way Murray should've been treating MJ unless MJ had some cardiac problems which he didn't.

Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing April 29th -

The pre-mortem marks on Michael's body is something that I've been waiting for them to say something about. I have always wondered why that was never really brought up in court. Did the coroner state a belief that the marks show that Michael's body had been moved soon after he died? I can't remember.

Oh god i cant even think bout the premortem marks on mj or the autopsy.......it just breaks my heart

yep this won't see the light of day at all.. Everything MJ had in him was prescribed and administered by Murray. And once again if Murray didn't know about this before he treated MJ, then that's his problem. I'm sure he heard of MJ's alleged addictions from years back after the pepsi burn, so if he didn't research his patient's medical history then that's his problem.

There is no way Murray should've been treating MJ unless MJ had some cardiac problems which he didn't.

Well I'm sure the fact that Murray is a cardiologist with license in California, Texas, Vegas and Hawaii made Michael feel he was in very safe hands.

I have come to realize that all this stalling and changing tactics from one week to the next is because he and his lawyers want to find a defence that will stick. As a doctor he has no excuses for his actions. He is trying to find something that will help him get off. I hope what he and his lawyers are doing will backfire in their faces.

I have come to realize that all this stalling and changing tactics from one week to the next is because he and his lawyers want to find a defence that will stick. As a doctor he has no excuses for his actions. He is trying to find something that will help him get off. I hope what he and his lawyers are doing will backfire in their faces.

I am sure it will..

I see NME have picked up on the ridiculous cocaine in the underpants story. Can Murray's PR people be behind stories like this? Is the world really this twisted? I just find it incredible that newspapers can get away with writing this shit.

its very concerning that steve robel is named on the witness list/ppl who might be mentioned list. when u have articles like that NOTW one about the cocaine on the underpants rubbish. why the hell is his name listed and why the hell havnt the pros filed a motion to stop it if the defence are gonna use him and go down this route.its to much of a coincedence that his name is on that list.what else are they gonna use him for are the pros even aware of of robels history etc interms of the details of the 03-05 case.

You just know that if the defense are so keen to dig up tabloid trash - they really are in a lot of trouble.

its very concerning that steve robel is named on the witness list/ppl who might be mentioned list. when u have articles like that NOTW one about the cocaine on the underpants rubbish. why the hell is his name listed and why the hell havnt the pros filed a motion to stop it if the defence are gonna use him and go down this route.its to much of a coincedence that his name is on that list.what else are they gonna use him for are the pros even aware of of robels history etc interms of the details of the 03-05 case.

I believe he will be called to testify about the drugs found at the raid in the defense's hope to go on the route of "long term drug addict". Prosecution most probably will counter that they couldn't be sure if it was all taken my Michael and even so if he had the same situation continued in 2009 ( I believe the drugs found in his house at the time of death doesn't suggest a dependency as they aren't mainly used and his blood work was clean). Also it doesn't make him "suicidal" and doesn't explain Murray's leaving Michael, talking on the phone and not calling 911 sooner.

I believe he will be called to testify about the drugs found at the raid in the defense's hope to go on the route of "long term drug addict". Prosecution most probably will counter that they couldn't be sure if it was all taken my Michael and even so if he had the same situation continued in 2009 ( I believe the drugs found in his house at the time of death doesn't suggest a dependency as they aren't mainly used and his blood work was clean). Also it doesn't make him "suicidal" and doesn't explain Murray's leaving Michael, talking on the phone and not calling 911 sooner.

well if that's the case then Murray needs to be charged with supplying drugs to an addict.. Why wasn't he aware of the 2003-05 case and the meds that were found? Everyone else heard about it so why didn't he? and if propofol wasn't found in 2003-05 then it has absolutely nothing to do with what Murray used.

well if that's the case then Murray needs to be charged with supplying drugs to an addict.. Why wasn't he aware of the 2003-05 case and the meds that were found? Everyone else heard about it so why didn't he? and if propofol wasn't found in 2003-05 then it has absolutely nothing to do with what Murray used.

I know. Like I said they can try the "long term drug addict" portrayal but I don't think that it will work.

You need to understand this, Murray's lawyers are fishing. Addict is one theory, Blame NOI/ bodyguards is another, he was already sick and dying is another, other doctors drugged him another, he was nervous / stressed / in debt so he was suicidal/ desperate so he self injected/ self drank yet another one. They are just fishing people.

ivy;3369985 said:
I know. Like I said they can try the "long term drug addict" portrayal but I don't think that it will work.

You need to understand this, Murray's lawyers are fishing. Addict is one theory, Blame NOI/ bodyguards is another, he was already sick and dying is another, other doctors drugged him another, he was nervous / stressed / in debt so he was suicidal/ desperate so he self injected/ self drank yet another one. They are just fishing people.

My thought exactly. if the cocaine defense was true Sneddon would have been all over MJ in 03.
Everyone I 've spoken to, including those that are NOT really into MJ, believes that this is yet another desperate defense put out by Murray - the "throw-all-against-the-wall" strategy, which Sneddon unsuccessfully used in 05.

This article below from the Hollywood Reporter sums things up pretty nicely.

Dr. Conrad Murray Wants to Give a Pig Propofol
May 2nd, 2011 8:21 AM by Free Britney

It was a foregone conclusion that Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial would be a circus, but never did we expect it to involve actual animals.

An attorney for the doctor, accused of the accidental death of Michael Jackson, has requested to have a veterinarian as an expert witness. Why, you ask?

The vet would be asked to give a pig Propofol, in hopes of proving that the powerful anesthetic drug that felled MJ can be ingested, not just injected.

As part of its throw-everything-against-the-wall defense, Murray's team will argue that Jackson could have OD’d on Propofol by slipping it into his juice box.

Seriously. He's gonna argue that Michael Jackson chugged Propofol.

The defense also wants access to rehearsal footage from before the 2009 This Is It tour, as they hope to show MJ was a lost cause at the time of his death.

Of course, none of this contradicts the belief of the D.A. that Murray’s guilty simply for leaving Propofol around the house, or treating Michael with it at all.

There are myriad questions about MJ's care that won't be explained away by some swine. It'll take more than stunts to bring home the legal bacon. Sorry.

Source:http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/05/dr-conrad-murray-wants-to-give-a-pig-propofol/

Last edited:
see this part

Of course, none of this contradicts the belief of the D.A. that Murray’s guilty simply for leaving Propofol around the house, or treating Michael with it at all.

They are absolutely right. Remember in the prelim when the coroner and experts said even though Michael self injected / self drank it will be still Murray's negligence. Because NOTHING explains why

1. Murray gave Michael propofol in the first place (without proper equipment)
2. why he left propofol at easy access (especially to a "desperate addict" as they want to portray him)
3. why he didn't properly monitor him and left the room for 2 to 45 minutes
4. why he didn't call for help sooner
5. why did he try to cover up the scene and withheld information.

Exactly Ivy,

Murray is guilty no matter what scenario he chooses.. If he believed MJ was 'becoming addicted' to it as he claims, why in the world would he give it, then leave it out in the open and then leave him alone at all? Murray didn't have one piece of equipment to rescue MJ in case something went wrong. Was he that negligent to not realize anesthesia is dangerous and shouldn't be given unless monitored?

see this part

They are absolutely right. Remember in the prelim when the coroner and experts said even though Michael self injected / self drank it will be still Murray's negligence. Because NOTHING explains why

1. Murray gave Michael propofol in the first place (without proper equipment)
2. why he left propofol at easy access (especially to a "desperate addict" as they want to portray him)
3. why he didn't properly monitor him and left the room for 2 to 45 minutes
4. why he didn't call for help sooner
5. why did he try to cover up the scene and withheld information.

In other words the man is screwed. With all these unnecessary delays, Murray's merely delaying the inevitable i.e a conviction.

looking at this retrospectively, it now begins to make sense as to why the prosecution chose to charge Murray with involuntary manslaughter instead of murder. Murder entails motive and a premeditated act, which both would have been much difficult to prove as there is no logical reason as why Murray would want to kill MJ when he was about to make so much money by treating MJ.

Whereas with manslaughter, the concept of negligence is pretty much all that is needed and the fact thus far seem to corroborate this assertion reasonably well, in lieu of motive and premeditation.

Last edited:

In other words the man is screwed. With all these unnecessary delays, Murray's merely delayed the inevitable i.e a conviction.

Let's hope so.. what time is the hearing today?

Have no idea

looking at this retrospectively, it now begins to make sense as to why the prosecution chose to charge Murray with involuntary manslaughter instead of murder. Murder entails motive and a premeditated act, which both would have been much difficult to prove as there is no logical reason as why Murray would want to kill MJ when he was about to make so much money by treating MJ.

Whereas with manslaughter, the concept of negligence is pretty much all that is needed and the fact thus far seem to corroborate this assertion reasonably well, in lieu of motive and premeditation.

premeditated is murder 1. In general murder requires intent - either explicit or implied. an act that's almost 100% certain to cause harm or death is also enough to satisfy the intent (for example if someone shoots a gun into a crowd 100 people , you can argue that it's certain that it will hurt someone hence the intent is satisfied). We don't have intent here. and I don't think "leaving Michael without monitoring him would certainly cause his death" is a certain fact. voluntary manslaughter requires heat of moment / passion act. so you are left with negligence.

One thing i dont get is how come certain evidence has to be entered like with the tii film. Surely if the defence wanted to bring up 03 raid drugs surley they would have to enter it as evidence ie file a motion and we would know about it.it makes no sense for the pros to stand by and do nothing

Read starting from bottom and go up

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense is entitled to continuance & there's good cause for it.
8 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Constitutional right to effective assistance & speedy trial - judge says Murray has these rights. #justice4mj #michaeljackson #mjfam
6 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense wants to waive speedy trial.
3 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Completed discovery and addresses motions in limbo will signify readiness.
23 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense is getting new expert witnesses presents unknown issues. Maybe a problem, readiness.
1 minute ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Prosecutors concerned that they'll be in the same position 2 weeks from now.
3 minutes ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Chernoff says as soon as they get a report, they'll send it to Prosecutors.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense wants 2 weeks to prepare for the expert's testimony, unimpeded.
4 minutes ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Judge Pastor wants both sides to make sure they're ready to start when they say they're ready.
6 minutes ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Judge has no problem with defense asking for continuance. He disputes some of the facts supporting the defense continuance.
7 minutes ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense wants trial to begin May 23. Judge doesn't know whether that's realistic.
8 minutes ago

justice_4mj JUSTICE 4 MJ
Defense didn't file motion by 5 yesterday. Filed at 5:49pm yesterday. Walgren had no time to read in order to file an answer by 6 this AM

Back