Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing May 2nd

This is just sick! It's almost two years since Michael is dead and still that man is walking free. The justice system just sucks! I'm done with all this shit. They killed a man and now they're playing around. Pfff, ridiculous...
I didn't expect justice to prevail anyway...

Was it the prosecution or the defense who asked for the delay?

still I'm going with what I said below. I think that Murray's lawyers thought that prosecution wasn't ready for drinking theory and therefore asked for a speedy trial to pull a fast one. As the prosecution got the witness and science to debunk that theory the defense is left with no choice but ask for a delay. They have no theory, they have no defense.

I agree with this, what I meant before is that the excuse the defense are alleging that they are not prepared is just that: an EXCUSE and a lie, because they were already "prepared" for their silly theory from the moment they requested the re-testing of medical evidences for the first time (23rd AUGUST 2010!!!). Or did they think the prosecution would not respond to it?

Prosecution in my opinion were taken by surprise in the preliminary because the defense had not advanced their real aim behind their request for the new testing. But defense should have expected an answer now in the trial, though as you say they requested a speedy trial in their false expectation that prosecution may not have enough time, but that's ridiculous...

Last edited:

Defence

I thought that only in Poland, the courts act so terribly slow:(

Damnit. This delay is ridiculous. And I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it again in September. Frustrating.

I can't believe all this mess:doh::angry:

And they are doing all this shit with your money!

Lets just delay the trial again on September 1st. Then delay it again about a week before it is then scheduled to start.

Is Murray's team trying to delay this trial so that it never happens?

It seems a heck of a long delay (wish we could get this over and done with). Will they have to start again with jury selection?..the selection questions are known now......

^Jury selection will be on Sept 8th.

I still cannot understand why the judge granted the delay, it was the defense who had put their theory forwards. For me it is very unfair this delay... just because prosecution was going to answer ...

I think Conrad knows that he's going to jail... and he's just trying to have 4 more months of sweet, sweet relax.

I really wish the Jackson family would show some outrage over this delay.

This is too much! How long we have to wait for justice?

This is fucking ridiculous!

Apparently, they were not even there.

"The defense originally asked for two weeks. The judge and prosecution were concerned that they would have the same problem in a week and a half so the judge wanted to give it a more realistic timeline. He suggested June or July. Chernoff said he only has one month with his kid (July) and really wants that time. Apparently the judge was cool with that and so September it is. IMO nothing will change then either. This is a circus disguised as "justice"."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/a7g1f2

^ I bet Michael also wanted more time with his children...

I agree with this, what I meant before is that the excuse the defense are alleging that they are not prepared is just that: an EXCUSE and a lie, because they were already "prepared" for their silly theory from the moment they requested the re-testing of medical evidences for the first time (23rd AUGUST 2010!!!). Or did they think the prosecution would not respond to it?

Prosecution in my opinion were taken by surprise in the preliminary because the defense had not advanced their real aim behind their request for the new testing. But defense should have expected an answer now in the trial, though as you say they requested a speedy trial in their false expectation that prosecution may not have enough time, but that's ridiculous...

you know that they had this planned. remember chernoff's "I don't take notes" and "we don't have expert reports typed up" BS. They tried to make sure that the prosecution wouldn't have enough time to get ready.

Apparently, they were not even there.

"The defense originally asked for two weeks. The judge and prosecution were concerned that they would have the same problem in a week and a half so the judge wanted to give it a more realistic timeline. He suggested June or July. Chernoff said he only has one month with his kid (July) and really wants that time. Apparently the judge was cool with that and so September it is. IMO nothing will change then either. This is a circus disguised as "justice"."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/a7g1f2

Also the problem with 2 weeks is that the prosecution would get defense's new discovery / new experts at the final point in time and wouldn't have the time to get ready for them.
^ I bet Michael also wanted more time with his children...

There is nothing the Jackson family can do. It's out of their hands. The judge approved the delay. I tend to believe the judge is fair and is not sided with anybody. There must be a reason why the delay is legally permissable.

i have mixed fealings about this. on one hand it's been 22 month. and there's a lot of people who need answers and justice. Michael need justice. and we got to be pepeard for all the crap murrays PR is going to put out there till september.
but, on the other hand i'm glad it's not rushed. if he's convicted ( hope he will be) the media and stupid haters CAN'T blame it on lack of time.

Look to the bold part

Michael Jackson trial: Start delayed to September

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge agreed Monday to push back the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor until September.

Judge Michael Pastor made the ruling at the request of defense attorneys representing Dr. Conrad Murray.

The attorneys said they could not be ready for trial, which was set to begin with opening statements next week, because of eleventh-hour prosecution experts debunking their theory that the king of pop died by his own hand.

Prosecutors contended the latest medical experts proposed no new theories, and the defense caused the situation by invoking Murray’s right to a speedy trial.

They told the judge last week that one of their experts reached the conclusion that it would have been impossible for Jackson to have caused his own death by orally ingesting the drug propofol, an argument that defense attorneys made during preliminary hearings.

The 171 potential jurors who had filled out lengthy questionnaires about the case in March will be excused, and a new panel will be selected beginning Sept. 8, the judge said.

Pastor said the delay was necessary for “fundamental fairness.”

Murray has pleaded not guilty to causing his famous patient’s death by injecting him with propofol, a powerful surgical anesthetic, and leaving his bedside.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/michael-jackson-trial-start-delayed-to-september.html

I still cannot understand why the judge granted the delay, it was the defense who had put their theory forwards. For me it is very unfair this delay... just because prosecution was going to answer ...
right to a fair trial and all that.but its like things have been gone full circle.the pros are having to act like the defence interms of defending mj from the claims of the defence.and now they have defended him the defence are wanting time to get evidence to accuse mj. Whos the one on trial again

you know that they had this planned. remember chernoff's "I don't take notes" and "we don't have expert reports typed up" BS. They tried to make sure that the prosecution wouldn't have enough time to get ready.

Yeah, you are right. In a way your comment brings back some confidence... it's just judicial procedures... that in our search for justice to be done with Michael, we / I tend to forget... Thanks, Ivy, for bringing us some confidence.

right to a fair trial and all that.but its like things have been gone full circle.the pros are having to act like the defence interms of defending mj from the claims of the defence.and now they have defended him the defence are wanting time to get evidence to accuse mj. Whos the one on trial again

Right! It's like they have to prove that Michael didn't kill himself. Although he's the victim here.

Totally and it makes me sick

Very shocked about this delay. Sorry, have no more words for it!

agree with you..and THAT is the unfair part of all this...everyone KNOWS Murray is guilty...but if the judge doesn't give them all of the delays that they want..then they will say that Murray was not given a fair trial...we all know that is bullshit...but..the judge has to follow the law to the letter. ...even if that means making it look like Michael is on trial...the judge has no personal feelings either way in this case...and he knows that it is only a matter of time before he reads the gulty verdict from the jury. It is us who want this damn trial to get over and done with....for Michael's sake...we want Murray's ass to hurry up and be put in jail were he belongs.

Back