T-Pain To Remake P.Y.T. For Quincy Tribute Album

MJ loved T-Pain. He even invited him over to his house for tea.
20rvb7s.jpg

Look, I'm not mad at the P.Y.T remix. This is not a MJ tribute album.

I AM MAD THAT QUINCY IS REMIXING CLASSIC SONGS.

I mean Akon with Strawberry letter 23... :brow: WTF?

Who thought that this is a good idea? :doh:

Q has lost it. Really.

He was a good producer but if this is all he can come up with then I'm sorry... He should just retire.

Last edited:
Just when I thought Quincy couldn't go any lower......he goes and surprises me

The PYT remake isn't the only thing extremely terrible about this release

the Secret Garden remake, Akon's version of Strawberry Letter 23

Jamie Foxx on Give Me The Night

John Legend doing Tomorrow

WTF?!!!

2hfs6ro.jpg

Quincy buddy i hate 2 say this, but this isnt a good idea!!!

No. I can't take another one of Michael's songs being ruined.

Next thing you know, they're going to try remaking Thriller.

No one even remade Thriller on Thriller 25.

i think hes trying very hard to capture the fame he once had by using Michael. We have had enough of you Mr.Jones we don't want you screwing up Michael's Music. This is the act of a greedy man only looking to get his cut of Michael.

btw has anyone heard T-pain without auto tune? its like if they cant use it then they suck. their voices must be REALLY Really BAd

T-Pain Is GARBAGE. Leave The Song Alone. Stop Remaking His Music. His Music Is The Best. Why Are You Even Puttin T-Pain In This?

i think hes trying very hard to capture the fame he once had by using Michael. We have had enough of you Mr.Jones we don't want you screwing up Michael's Music. This is the act of a greedy man only looking to get his cut of Michael.

btw has anyone heard T-pain without auto tune? its like if they cant use it then they suck. their voices must be REALLY Really BAd
This isn't just him ruining a song of Michael, this is about him ruining many of the other classic songs he's done over the years to make himself look cool and modern, and like he did with Q's Jook Joint, it's gonna fail

Just when I thought Quincy couldn't go any lower......he goes and surprises me

The PYT remake isn't the only thing extremely terrible about this release

the Secret Garden remake, Akon's version of Strawberry Letter 23

Jamie Foxx on Give Me The Night

John Legend doing Tomorrow

WTF?!!!

2hfs6ro.jpg

Your gif echoes my sentiments exactly.. xD

I mean, all those classic songs... Why? :no:

It doesn't make sense to me...

T-Pain should not be doing ANY singing period ! ... well you cant call what he does singing anyway but ...
There should be a petition set up and sent to Mr. Jones showing him fans don't want the song re-made and most definitely not by T-Pain !

"Q" is destroying his own career.

This time the press will not be able to help him.

the more Q does the wacker he appears. whatever he had he lost a long time ago and though he owns the brothers johnson catelog what we need is another cover? he is so tired.

T-Pain should not be doing ANY singing period ! ... well you cant call what he does singing anyway but ...
There should be a petition set up and sent to Mr. Jones showing him fans don't want the song re-made and most definitely not by T-Pain !

we have to separate the topic of this thread, from an assessment of tpain's singing voice. i heard his voice, apart from AutoTune, and TPain actually has a good singing voice.

It's okay if he picks a song to celebrate his work as a producer.

But as Jay-Z said, remaking classics isn't often a good idea.

And in this case, something from Thriller.

There are two things here, Quincy may have had to pick a song from his years with Michael, and chose PYT because there is a story involving him how the song came to be named, so that may be the reason he chose this particular one.

Another, which is from a different perspective, is that now that MJ isn't here, Quincy feels free to tap into that music and try to make it his own, whereas while MJ was alive, he may have been reluctant to do so.

It's hard to know, it seems an idea came along and he had to do so, but what doesn't do it for fans is what came to light about how he felt about MJ and he seems to have haboured a bitterness that influenced his talk once MJ chose younger producers instead of him after 1987.

Quincy felt bitter that he bad-mouthed MJ indirectly or gave excuses why he didn't work with MJ on any other project, till MJ passed now he felt a bit of freedom. Just like Joe has had so much freedom even to go on Larry King talking about MJ which he wouldn't have done while Michael was alive. Joe also had a bitter corner in him towards MJ which was reflected by his slight insensitivity at times after Michael's passing.

It's okay if he picks a song to celebrate his work as a producer.

But as Jay-Z said, remaking classics isn't often a good idea.

And in this case, something from Thriller.

There are two things here, Quincy may have had to pick a song from his years with Michael, and chose PYT because there is a story involving him how the song came to be named, so that may be the reason he chose this particular one.

Another, which is from a different perspective, is that now that MJ isn't here, Quincy feels free to tap into that music and try to make it his own, whereas while MJ was alive, he may have been reluctant to do so.

It's hard to know, it seems an idea came along and he had to do so, but what doesn't do it for fans is what came to light about how he felt about MJ and he seems to have haboured a bitterness that influenced his talk once MJ chose younger producers instead of him after 1987.

Quincy felt bitter that he bad-mouthed MJ indirectly or gave excuses why he didn't work with MJ on any other project, till MJ passed now he felt a bit of freedom. Just like Joe has had so much freedom even to go on Larry King talking about MJ which he wouldn't have done while Michael was alive. Joe also had a bitter corner in him towards MJ which was reflected by his slight insensitivity at times after Michael's passing.

well, that's envy..plain and simple. Joseph wanted to be a musician, himself, once. and he was...it didn't go far, but he was. Quincy was one of many, but MJ made him stand out.

let's face it..everybody wants that 'magic', that MJ had and quite frankly, still has. it's one thing to be a musician. it's another thing to be a musician that has that magic.

Back