Tatum O'Neal Opens Up About 'Awkward' Michael Jackson Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have just shook his hands and probably a friendly hug...a guy like me is fine with that. haha, but it was a hilarious little scene in that doc. Michael really was a funny man too.

Yes michael had a great sense of humor...one of the many things i loved bout him

Its so wierd... i can't imagine MJ ever getting "down and dirty" with a girl! I find it hard to believe that he even kissed someone passionately. I do believe though that he quite loved Lisa-Marie and I think he was probably quite amazed by her with her experienced-ness !! haha sorry, couldn't find the word !!

! I find it hard to believe that he even kissed someone passionately.

I dont, i mean if he loved the girl very much and passionately he would.
He was human like all of us and had the same passion for love as us :)

Well in Michael Jackson Tribute to a Legend it does say 'Michael found love with his first girlfriend, actress Tatum O'Neal. He dedicated the song She's Out Of My Life to her after they split up in 1979' So not wrote it for her, but dedicated it to her. (Thats according to this tribute magazine anyway). Theres a gorgeous photo of Michael with Tatum. He looks goooooood. It does say 'I really loved Tatum, but I don't think I was ready for some of the things she talked about'.

I don't think he was a stranger to flirting! There were also those..Spanish girls I think, that he was telling them they were beautiful. And someone said recently, they'd be sat in a cafe or something and he'd comment on ladies butts when they walked past!

Michael and limo lady... and car park lady:

hmmmmm?
I really dont know?
Does any know who Michael is singing to in shes out of my life?

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: thanx for posting "the hug" vid rockin!

Just watched that vid...mike Tisk tisk tisk :lol:

Hahahaha right now i'm on the floor laughing my damn ass off...do you notice how sneakily and silently he says 'I'll give you more than a hug' ? hahahahaha...brilliant. And that guy next to him saying 'Sorry?"

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

He's baaad ;)
That girl had a really sweet voice too :)

Bashir's all "be careful" like we're psycho or something and Mike's all like "stfu I'm gonna hug my fans"... okay maybe not :p But I really loathe Bashir...

Staffordshire Bullterrier;2017211. And that guy next to him saying 'Sorry?" [/quote said:
OMG I DIDNT NOTICE THAT!!! :lol:
lol mike should have said to him " not u buddy, u anit getting no hug from me!!

OMG I DIDNT NOTICE THAT!!! :lol:
lol mike should have said to him " not u buddy, u anit getting no hug from me!!

I bet when MJ saw this lady he was like 'Oh wee, she looks fiiiiiiiiine...i just gotsta hug her' something like that :). Ah man this video is awesome.

lol mike gettin all gangsta on her!! :lol: U PIMP MIKE! :lol:

I'm still laughing at MJ saying "how does it work? can i see it?" to the lady with the bellybutton piercing. lol a bellybutton piercing doesn't work Michael. Trying to act all innocent:innocent: hmm...more like:devil: lol.

Last edited:
lol how did we go from "tatum o neal " to "the hug: :blink:..:lol:

'Let her, let her, let her, let her, LET HER in my goddamn car!'

I think we all wish we were that girl! And how about car park lady - she got a kiss!

Lol... ermm.. i think some of us focused on the fact she said Mike kissed her..and got carried away :D

edit - oh no wait, it was that Tatum said that Michael had said he had never seen a girls bedroom before, so low and behold she had so show him her room...so that remined me of the bellybutton piercing ...smoooth mover!
lol how did we go from "tatum o neal " to "the hug: :blink:..:lol:

Lol... ermm.. i think some of us focused on the fact she said Mike kissed her..and got carried away :D

edit - oh no wait, it was that Tatum said that Michael had said he had never seen a girls bedroom before, so low and behold she had so show him her room...so that remined me of the bellybutton piercing ...smoooth mover!

lol if only i got the chance to show him my room! :p..yes i admit im jeaouls!

Hahahah, i didn't hear MJ's voice in that bellybutton video, but i listened again and you can indeed hear him. Dude really was a smooth guy, great videos and they make us all laugh , which is a very good thing.

yes we do need a lil bit of laughter right now
Altough i feel guilty to laugh in a way ...its just how i feel

yes we do need a lil bit of laughter right now
Altough i feel guilty to laugh in a way ...its just how i feel

Well it's different for everybody. I really couldnt understand how fans were actually dancing and singing the same night MJ died...or the day after. But then again....it's different for everybody. They simply did that to tribute him...but in their hearts of course they were very saddened.

Anyway,....any more videos where MJ acts 'smooth' towards them lovely ladies? :p

She "opened up" about their relationship, long ago, this is the complete, outtake from her book:

"I met him (MJ) at the On the Rox, the club Lou Adler & Jack Nicholson opened upstairs from the Roxy on the Sunset Strip. Michael was around 17 at the time, about 5 years older than me, & he seemed very sheltered & fearful & lonely--not at all what you'd expect a world-renowned performer to be. As I recall, he didn't even know how to drive a car."
"He gave me his number, & we started talking everyday--long drawn-out conversations that sometimes got so boring I would hand over the receiver to my friend Esme Gray. Michael would just keep on, thinking he was talking to me. His usual subject was sex. At 12 I didn't have much to say about sex--all I knew was that it went on, pretty steadily, in my father's room next to mine. But Michael was intensely curious about anything, everything sexual, though in an incredibly sweet & innocent way. "He was a huge star, but it seemed he barely even dated & knew little about life. He once came to my house & asked to come upstairs b/c he'd never been in a girl's bedroom before. He sat on the bed, & we kissed very briefly, but it was terribly awkward. For all my passionate crushes on people like Dustin Hoffman, I was just 12 & not at all ready for a real-life encounter. So I said, 'I can't.' Michael, who was sweating profusely, seemed as intimidated as I was. He jumped up nervously & said, 'Uh, gotta go.'
That's the closest I ever got to Michael, which is why I'm amazed by his recent claim on national TV that I'd seduced him but he was too shy to carry it through. I absolutely adored Michael--as a friend--& I admire him to this day. I believe that he fell in love w/ me. I'm told that he wrote the song "She's Out of My Life" on his album Off the Wall for me. What an honor.
At the time of the supposed seduction, I was barely pubescent, & what I'd seen of sex so far was unappealling & gross. It may have been Michael's fantasy that I'd seduce him--and it's a little sad that he cast himself as failing, even in his dream--but it just didn't happen. "What we did do together was go to concerts. I remember seeing Queen w/ Michael at the Forum in L.A., which is interesting, considering his androgyny now. He came w/ me & my father to Hugh Hefner's mansion, where I think Hefner's menagerie--monkeys & peacocks & other exotic birds-gave him the idea for Neverland. Michael would hang out & jam sometimes w/ my brother Griffin...Griffin was like a musical savant; he played the piano, guitar, & drums beautifully. Michael would play drums, & outside on the deck, my father would be boxing to the rhythm. "Unfortunately, my friendship w/ Michael came to an abrupt ending. He'd played the Scarecrow in The Wiz, the urban remake of the Wizard of Oz, which starred Diana Ross as Dorothy. For the film's premiere, Michael invited me to be his date. I asked my dad, who didn't care one way or another if I went, but my talent agency was dead set against it. I was told, in exactly these words: 'You can't go to a premiere with a ni**er.'
Hollywood!
That upset me tremendously. Had I been old enough--or had I the parental support--I could have stood my ground & insisted 'Oh yes, I can.' But my father was too disengaged to help me think it through. So, without telling Michael the reason, I turned him down.
He was devastated. After that Michael didn't speak to me for years, until I ran into him at the Helmsley Palace in New York. For old times' sake, we caught a concert together, Kool and the Gang at Madison Square Garden. Michael dressed in full costume for the event--coming in blackface, w/ a pasted-on beard--the whole nine yards. But things were never the same between us."
I knew she opened up about their relationship but never read the actual excerpt. Thanx for posting Remyisme.

Well, except for a few things, I don't think she was particularly rude in telling this story. I think it's a cute story. Both of them were young and I can picture 17-year-old Michael being very interested in and curious about sex. Around this age, boys do think about sex a lot, don't they? I'm sure male members know this:) He was just a shy guy and also he was raised on Jahova's Witness.

Hey ladies, I too think "Oh I've never been in a girl's room" line was very smart. Michael was truly smart:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back