Tesco stores ignoring T25?

bobmoo79

Proud Member
I have a large Tesco store near my house and went there during the first week of T25's release and couldn't find it anywhere. I went again last week and this week and still have found no sign of the album in the store. This seemed very strange considering how well the album has been selling nationally, so I visited the site and sure enough the album isn't listed in Tesco's chart and isn't listed in their top sellers selection.

Why is it that Tesco haven't given this album any shelf space? It can't be due to lack of sales because as we know, it sold well.

For those who don't know, Tesco is perhaps the largest supermarket in the UK and sells loads of CDs, DVDs, electrical goods etc, so it really i strange that they don't put it on their shelves.

this is very true.. i have not seen it at all in Tesco. same with Janet's new album.

Sainsburys have T25.. just the classic edition

it aint in my tescos either seems like they have their own chart & thought T25 would not sell so well, what idiots, if tesco had stocked it, it would have helped sales ALOT

I have a large Tesco store near my house and went there during the first week of T25's release and couldn't find it anywhere. I went again last week and this week and still have found no sign of the album in the store. This seemed very strange considering how well the album has been selling nationally, so I visited the site and sure enough the album isn't listed in Tesco's chart and isn't listed in their top sellers selection.

Why is it that Tesco haven't given this album any shelf space? It can't be due to lack of sales because as we know, it sold well.

For those who don't know, Tesco is perhaps the largest supermarket in the UK and sells loads of CDs, DVDs, electrical goods etc, so it really i strange that they don't put it on their shelves.
Then it's time for us to ask them the question ourselves. I have one near me as well and i didn't see the album either.:mello:

at some walmarts as well..

WALMART is the NUMBER one seller of music, Itunes being #2..

If the largest music seller does not have the album then it will HIGHLY effect sales.. I have been to 2 walmarts that has them, and 2 that does not at all.. Not even a Michael Jackson section to hold other old MJ stuff. They had like ONE album of essentials in the Janet Jackson section.

same here in bristol, they dont have janets new one either it makes me so mad.

Hmmm, so this problem is quite widespread. I agree it must affect sales in the UK because there is less visibility of them album to casual buyers.

My Tesco did not have it either, its not like they had a place for it and it had sold out .They didn't stock it

I would not worry about it too much. If people want the album, there are many other places they can get it from, so I doubt it largely affects sales. Tesco's isn't a music retailer, and most their stores only carry very few CD's. The album did better than expected, so the smaller stores probably didn't see the need to stock it in the first place. As there will not be prolonged sales of the album, there is no real need to start stocking it now as interest falls quickly. Just look at how quickly it dropped in the Amazon and Play charts. As long as Tesco have my milk and bread I am happy.

I find this very strange!

Well we have it here everywhere even at petrol stations

Well in the Tescos near me they weren't selling Thriller 25 either. I really do wonder why.

Here in Tesco stores it cost just 15 USD, almost half price then in normal CD stores.

so your particular Tesco's has it.

of course..there's always the almighty internet=)

and yes...i got it at virgin for fifteen usa dollars....that's why MJ is ahead of the game..he's the only artist that's willing to put royalty on sale, when it first comes out.

Last edited:
Is it in any other supermarket? Cause a few weeks ago when it was first released I asked my dad to buy it for me from either Asda or Sainsburys (whichever one he went shopping to) but he didn't get it.

Is it in any other supermarket? Cause a few weeks ago when it was first released I asked my dad to buy it for me from either Asda or Sainsburys (whichever one he went shopping to) but he didn't get it.

Asda and Sainbury's are definitely selling Thriller 25 because I've seen it in Asda and there was an advertisement saying that it was being sold in Sainburys. I just find it really strange that Tesco are not stocking in their stores and yet they are a huge supermarket chain.

thought sales from supermarkets didnt count towards the charts anyway.

thought sales from supermarkets didnt count towards the charts anyway.

Sales from supermarkets do count towards the charts as far as I know. I know sales from ASDA definitely count.

Last edited:
Back