The $1 billion last waltz of Michael Jackson: This Is It film set to break box-office records

This article is kind of disgusting....he says how only after a few days of Michael's death he went and locked himself in a room and started pouring over the footage that had been captured....he started seeing $$$ right away...he knew one way or another he was making money off of Michael Jackson.....and as far as Sony getting the rights...hhmmm....no surprise there....they are all in it together anyway...Phillips also states...weare sitting on a gold mine for the future....yeah...they will continue to make money off of Michael....it is just disgusting.......to think Michael put up with low lifes like this every day of his life.....no wonder he kept to himself and tried to block each and everyone of them out.....and do I really think that they feel bad that Michael died....uuhmm...maybe they did for a minute...then it was business as usual.

I almost starting feeling bad for Kenny ortega when I watched the youtube footage from Oprah.(I wasn't giving her my ratings).....then I reminded myself how HE himself did nothing to put the concerts on hold until Michael gained a little weight....So the only people I even remotely feel horrible for are of course Michael himself..the kids and the family..of course us fans....the rest of them...they are getting paid big time...and in the end ....this is all they cared about in the first place.

[Q

BTW, did you see the hip-grab MJ did to the dancer/singer in "TWYMMF" inthe extended clips to TII??

:swoon:

i think i did, i have seen that many THIS IS IT sneak vids that i cant keep track of which one is which! :giggle:

Reading the article brought tears in my eyes. I dont think i can go see it in theatres or ever see it. I hope they dont put any funeral footages. I can already see myself weeping instead the theatre.

Reading the article brought tears in my eyes. I dont think i can go see it in theatres or ever see it. I hope they dont put any funeral footages. I can already see myself weeping instead the theatre.

For me - this is what I have to do since I could not attend the memorial nor the interment.

:(

reputation_pos.gif

Mj wanted to do the O2 for his babies,

:baby: Mike, Jr.

:baby: Paris Katherine

:baby: Prince Michael/Blanket.

I want every MJ fan to make a promise that our niece & 2 nephews are protected & safe and that we help them keep their dad's legacy ALIVE.

We must.

Promised from the bottom of my heart. :shakehands:

For me - this is what I have to do since I could not attend the memorial nor the interment.

Me too. I decided to go alone because I just want it to be me and Michael. This will be my goodbye. And I have no idea how I'm going to be able to handle it.

Promised from the bottom of my heart. :shakehands:

Me too. I decided to go alone because I just want it to be me and Michael. This will be my goodbye. And I have no idea how I'm going to be able to handle it.

There IS NO "goodbye."

Just a "see you in a while."

Thanks for the article. It almost made me cry again. The horrible concert promoters and how amazing the O2 concert could have been. It's not fair that they are only airing the movie for 2 weeks so they can get the DVD out and earn more money. It will not make history in the big screen then, only in Sony and AEG industry. It's so disgusting!
It's so sad.

I agree.

I was to go on the 28th with friends.

but after watching Oprah, I have decided to go on my own on the 27th. No boyfriend. No friend. No family. Just myself.

I have never been to a theater alone. But on that night, I need to see the movie by myself.

Hopefully, when I go back the following day, I won't spoil it for my friends and family.

Not surprise that Randy Phillips first thought was money and you fans should not be either.
Michael's 02 was really gonna be amazing, but thank god at least we have a little snippit of some of it, we could not of had any.

These concerts were going to be beyond amazing.

"The Michael you will see in our footage is healthy, vibrant, alive."

this breaks my heart. He should still be with us :(

Under an agreement approved by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Becklo, once the film has passed the $135 million mark, the Jackson estate gains 90 per cent of the additional box-office earnings, while AEG takes the remaining ten.

AEG has already covered the $50 million losses it racked up after Jackson died, out of the $60 million it has received from Sony, so any other gains will be pure profit. The income from DVD sales is being shared equally between AEG, Sony and the Jackson estate. And Sony will capitalise on a huge jump in record sales that it hopes the film will generate.

Is it sure ? The contract was sealed by the court. Katherine and her lawyers approved that deal

There IS NO "goodbye."

Just a "see you in a while."

Oh, phew. Thanks for that one. Definitely correct. "Goodbye" wasn't carefully chosen. Obviously he's not going anywhere. He's every bit as alive in this world and in my heart as he ever was.
This is a weird analogy, but...in that interview from '72 or something and the guy asks him "What's going to happen when your voice changes?" and he answers, very upbeat and matter-of-factly "It'll just change."....What a wise, wise answer. I feel like that's what he's saying to us now too...Does that make sense or do I sound looney? LoL. Oh well. OT anyway.

Oh, phew. Thanks for that one. Definitely correct. "Goodbye" wasn't carefully chosen. Obviously he's not going anywhere. He's every bit as alive in this world and in my heart as he ever was.
This is a weird analogy, but...in that interview from '72 or something and the guy asks him "What's going to happen when your voice changes?" and he answers, very upbeat and matter-of-factly "It'll just change."....What a wise, wise answer. I feel like that's what he's saying to us now too...Does that make sense or do I sound looney? LoL. Oh well. OT anyway.

Doesn't sound strange at all hun!

We have to calm down not to overrate the success of This is It...!!!

This Is It film is like a world tour that has never happened, about 10 mil. people can see this film, its more than any music tour, for everybody, its really exciting and in all connections... this is the biggest music event of the 21st century!

And again, Michael rules the music world!!!

What about crying whales? ;-) I like that line too. And I used to sing "what about dolphins" instead of "what about all those things" because I didn't know the lyrics!

~~~~~

I don't like AEG and SONY screening the movie for only 2 weeks!!! It's so unfair. They are using every dirty strategy to earn more profit. The movie should be shown for at least 2 months! It should be given the chance the challenge the box office records of Lord of the Rings or even Titanic.

I guarantee you they will put funeral footage in! There is no way they going to leave that out, its the reason why This Is It the movie was made.

Miss you Michael :(

I guarantee you they will put funeral footage in! There is no way they going to leave that out, its the reason why This Is It the movie was made.

Miss you Michael :(

I believe mkgenie have seen the movie and he insisted there were no funeral footage in the movie. (The spoilers thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77310) The whole movie is about the concert, nothing after Michael's death. I am putting my trust on him about this. I dont want to see anything about the memorial or funeral.

The show sounds completely amazing. I'm groaning with regret that I never got to see it, though missing the show is nothing compared to missing Michael.

The show sounds completely amazing. I'm groaning with regret that I never got to see it, though missing the show is nothing compared to missing Michael.

Why? I know it will be hard and I'll be crying and singing along but seing it at least once isn't too bad!

considering randy tabloidarellie is the mails main MJ expert im not even gonna bother with this article. this paper are hateful as u can get when it comes ot mj so why ppl actually think this paper knows the sealed contract details of the film i dont know. just another tabloid article

Why? I know it will be hard and I'll be crying and singing along but seing it at least once isn't too bad!
they are talking about not seeing the concerts not the film

Back