The 10 Faces of Michael Jackson (Channel 5 TV, UK)

. And the discussions about the allegations are placed in a closed segment of the forum which is exactly so that this is not the first thing visiting fans who come here for more light-hearted fun run into. Fans who want to ignore those type of topics can simply avoid that segment of the forum.

BTW, just for info the trial and tribulations-section isn`t a closed section. I think it is open to read for everyone since weeks. Yon don`t have to be a member on MJJC ro read in it.

La Toya is revolting, always disgusted her ever since her conference in 1993! i hate everything about her. Plus, how dare she discuss Michael's surgeries? she looks like Grinches sister, at least Michael looked recognizable to his former self. Go **** yourself toya.

BTW, just for info the trial and tribulations-section isn`t a closed section. I think it is open to read for everyone since weeks. Yon don`t have to be a member on MJJC ro read in it.
that is true. 2300 jackson street section is also open and used to be private to members.

I did not realize this. I think the Trials and Tribulations section should be put back to private to members. I remember that some fans were even worried about new members being able to see it and now it's totally open? :eek:

I am not sure in relation to the Robson - case whether it should be in a closed section.. When people googling for it, it is better they can find true information and serious discussion and not only manupulating sides like MJ-facts.

I am not sure in relation to the Robson - case whether it should be in a closed section.. When people googling for it, it is better they can find true information and serious discussion and not only manupulating sides like MJ-facts.

Well, that's true. I think the worry was about Robson and his lawyers spying on us and correct some mistakes they make in their lawsuit etc.

As much as I wish the paparazzi would leave Bruce Jenner alone (especially with current rumours, he deserves his privacy like every other human being), both authorities and Bruce have stated he wasn't being chased by paparazzi. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/us/bruce-jenner-involved-in-deadly-car-crash-in-malibu.html?_r=0

Not defending those scumbags, just prefer the truth that's all.
I apologize for anything incorrect. I had just read it on the Associated Press website, which you would assume would be pretty accurate. I saw the national news this morning and it quoted the same. I haven't read the NY Times piece-but AP was reporting when the accident occurred, so it was probably confused at the time.

Of course, a lot of things in that article are untrue. I read MJ's autopsy and it does NOT say anything about the number of plastic surgeries he had, nor about when he had them - so that's a straight up lie. From the information in the autopsy you also cannot make any kind of conclusions about any of those questions.

Exactly. It speaks of scars but that doesn't prove when or how many surgeries were done. That information would be in MJ's medical records and I would hope that anyone who has access to those would have enough integrity not to be sharing that information around. This is one of the many times where people have trouble understanding the difference between fact and speculation.

I was surprised to see that the Trials and Tribulations section is open to everyone including non-members, I liked it better when it was private because there aren't many places where this kind of thing can be discussed in house privately. Realistically, there are many good facts about the Robson/Safechuck mess but that information is scattered over more than 600 pages, so anyone wanting to learn about the case is likely to give up trying to look through all of that, they'd be better off going somewhere like Ivy's page where it's all gathered together in one spot and isn't broken up by multiple forum posts. Also realistically, people other than fans aren't likely to come to an MJ forum to learn about the Robson/Safechuck mess anyway.

But now they say it was LaToya who was the "guinea pig" for MJ not Erhardt? So which one is it? LOL. Shame on LaToya for being in such a trashy "documentary". So is she now blaming MJ for her own plastic surgery? SMH.

No, Latoilet claims that MJ told her to have a nose job because MJ wanted to see how it came out before he proceed with his own nose job.
Latoilet guinea pig for nose job
Steve E guinea pig for chin surgery

It is not first time when MJ is accused by someone else's stupidity. David Gest also said that MJ told him to have his face done:scratch:

If you don't want to read it all, I review the documentary and the fact it was unfair and bias. It had shown his very worst pictures of him from all eras. It gave mention on his vitiligo and had Latoya defending the fact Michael had only two, the fact that aging was a major factor. The interviewees claimed Michael had over 100 surgeries from just visual interpretations. Please read.

Review:
Overall, the documentary had some mixed views on Michael.
First of all it talks about his big nose, acne and very difficult childhood. They even accept this and the interviewees felt somewhat sympathetic.
Next it talks about surgery between the Off The Wall era to thin the top of his nose, it does mention the groundbreaking success of the album and even the pictures from this era seemed like his worst pictures of that time. LaToya mentions that she was used as a guinea pig "to see if it hurts". She claims that Joe used to severely bully Michael's nose.

Next, it moves on to the Thriller era and that groundbreaking success and impact on music, mentioning it being the biggest selling album of all time and seemed to defend Michael's exposure to the public. LaToya from this point had claimed that Michael's last surgery was in 1986 on his nose, the changes were due to aging and the fact that the nose continues to grow. It does mention Michael's scalp burns and how it damaged his face and hair. It was claimed that Michael had used tattoos on his head to conceal the burns. Photos during the Thriller era were the worst possible photos once again from that era.

It then talks about the change in 1986-7, a cleft was put on to his chin and Latoya had said there was no cheek-bone surgery and that the Jackson's had high cheekbones. It talks about the success of Bad and how he concealed his face in Smooth Criminal. The interviewees say this gave him a tougher look. It's at this point, some controversies about Michael were stated, nothing on the accusations as of yet, but the fact he was hunted by the media.

The changes between 1988-1991, tell about Michael's lightening skin and even thinner nose, which was denied and I still don't believe he had more than two. They had shown pictures I had never seen before of Michael's vitiligo in an emotional scene of Michael's disease, which did in fact run in the family. Michael was advised to bleach his skin, hence the reason the colour changed faster than normal. The photos shown from this era seem to look like photos around 1992-1994 rather than 1991. The slander continued, ignoring the fact he had aged. It talks about Black Or White which was Michael's way of defending himself and at the end it apparently reflects his own transformation.

The same goes for the next few years, it was claimed that Michael had even more to thin his nose, lifting the tip. It talks about his marriage with Lisa Marie Presley and that she was darker than Michael. For some reason, they had mocked Michael's Brits performance and that he acted like Jesus. Once again, his worst possible pictures were shown, other than the ones from the They Don't Care About Us video.

Skip a few years, it spoke about even more surgeries that would make it nearly impossible to breathe. It shows a very pale Michael, and the You Rock My World video was of Michael hiding his face. It then goes on to give a very bizzare claim that the 30th Anniversary Concert was fake and frame on frame, Michael's face was edited. It carries on showing Michael's worst pictures, ignoring the fact he had aged, with a thinner nose and nose tape.

Further on, it makes about 10 more claims of apparent changes. Of course, the horrible documentary would talk about the accusations and no mention of being acquitted. It states that Michael was frail, had a nose that would fall off, no mention of any drug use. But labelled this as the end of his career.

It then shows the This Is It announcement and that the changes again were "drastic", the documentary became nonsense to me, this last period it was as if he had 20 surgeries, but I could only see changes in his nose. They were mentioning Michael's posture which was described a frail and everything said was very negative.

Of course, it would talk about Michael dying (Not the cause), this scene was very brisk, somewhat emotional, but not really sympathetic at all. It then shows how Michael would have lived using CGI if he would have lived to 60, it shows potential further surgeries, wrinkled skin, huge eyes and I believe it was taken over the top (The CGI). It then gives a picture of a black Michael Jackson if he would have had no plastic surgery at 50. It seems to contradict the fact they spoken about the vitiligo which they had confirmed and that the photo was very photogenic with him smiling, rather than the other photos with Michael looking sad and pale, even in the Thriller era.

The nation suffered a misconception and again, a very bias documentary. The apparent one hundred surgeries were just observations made by skin experts rather than medical records. The pictures were very bad pictures of Michael showing even more bias.

Last edited:
I hate that picture of how he was supposed to have looked with surgery it's ridiculous.

Thanks for the review, where do people get the nose falling off,nose collapsing thing from? I don't get it, when has that ever happened. At least they mentioned the vitiligo and not said he wanted to be white, that's a nice change.

I hate that picture of how he was supposed to have looked with surgery it's ridiculous.

Thanks for the review, where do people get the nose falling off,nose collapsing thing from? I don't get it, when has that ever happened. At least they mentioned the vitiligo and not said he wanted to be white, that's a nice change.

I think it may have been Tohme Tohme who said in the interview that his nose didn't really fall off.
Yes, it did mention his vitligo from the autopsy, but fails to implicate this into what he would've looked like without surgery.
The documentary was just poor and muddled, but not the worst.

Well, thanks for the review. Just confirmed what we all knew: serious trash piece.

Good to hear, however, that Latoya defended the number of nose jobs and cheek bones instead of joining in with claims that he had a mental disorder with cosmetic surgery.

And how is it possible to get a bad picture from the Thriller or Off the Wall eras. Lol.

I agree how can you get bad pictures of Off The Wall and Thriller eras no way. I agree it was nice that LaToya did defend Michael but like Michael said in the OW interview for all of the nosey ppls who want to know get my book Moonwalk it all in there. Glad they clear up the issue about Michael wanting to be white is why he was bleaching his skin Michael said he was proud to be black.

I just had this feeling that it would be bias and negative.

Thanks for the review fd1998, i couldn't face watching it. Not interested in plastic surgery, his or anyone elses.

The same tv executive produced a similar doc on mj's plastic surgery back in 2002 for channel 5, it got 3.6m which was a ratings record for that channel. The overnight ratings for this one is 940k. I guess people are over the fact that mj had nose jobs.

Peoples really do not believe that your body can age you do not stay the same Michael was changing and it had nothing to do with plastic surgery other then the work he had done on his nose and the cleft add to his chin.

When Michael told the world in that interview with Oprah W. the reason why his skin was white and what cause it to change which we know now was(Vitiligo) the ppls did not believe Michael they said he want to be white alot of my friend who are black like me who said Michael did not want to be black i had to tell them that not true. When Michael said he was proud to be a black man i felt good about that it let me know that Michael never turn his back on his race.

Last edited:
Back