The Brad Sunberg Seminar Leak/Theft of 2023

Came here to see what everyone is talking regarding the stolen laptop. Will there be future leaks? Sorry if this has been already discussed.

Unpopular opinion but, as much as I like Brad… I’m glad all of this stuff is leaking! I hope he gets his laptop back but honestly I couldn’t care less about the morality of this situation because the reality is.. none of this stuff would’ve ever seen the light of day outside of seminars (cash grabs) and Michael’s music brings so many people the world over, joy and life doesn’t last forever. Spread that shit!

Also, if anyone has a *Cough* ya know…. PM me

The way I reconcile with it is the Estate doesn't seem interested in post-80s MJ releases/re-releases/anniversary editions, so I'm ok with hearing demos and seeing footage we probably won't get purely based on era. Rest assured, if they do come out I will pay for them and not complain they've been heard before.

I'm fascinated by MJ's process. Hearing him figure out Give In To Me with the guitar finding the riff is amazing. It's like Paul strumming out Get Back for the first time. It would be great for Dangerous 30. Alas.

Can't believe people are defending Brad Sundberg after he was ripping off fans for so long.

He's been riding the MJ wave for so long. Instead of doing some proper work as an engineer/producer he's just using the fanbase to get some money.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that he's showing appreciation for MJ, but he's doing much more than that.
Producers like Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins manage to score other stuff after MJ. Brad is just...stuck. And I'm sorry to say it, but I'm pretty sure that MJ was the brain behind most of the stuff that people were doing in the studio.

Ethically, what happened to the laptop isn't right.

But as a fan? I think it's good. I see no point in paying 1000$ to hear a song once. And don't even get me started on the Estate.

Can't believe people are defending Brad Sundberg after he was ripping off fans for so long.

He's been riding the MJ wave for so long. Instead of doing some proper work as an engineer/producer he's just using the fanbase to get some money.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that he's showing appreciation for MJ, but he's doing much more than that.
Producers like Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins manage to score other stuff after MJ. Brad is just...stuck. And I'm sorry to say it, but I'm pretty sure that MJ was the brain behind most of the stuff that people were doing in the studio.

Ethically, what happened to the laptop isn't right.

But as a fan? I think it's good. I see no point in paying 1000$ to hear a song once. And don't even get me started on the Estate.
Exactly.
People all of a sudden like to pretend how holy they are but fail to see the irony in that.
As far as I can see, there are only 3 options on how to handle demos and home videos:

1. Make it free for everyone.
2. Make it so anyone can buy it.
3. Lock it inside a vault and let it rot.

But don't give me some seminar pilgrimage nonsense.
It's like if you are a true fan, you go on a pilgrimage once in your lifetime and attend the Brad seminar. Well guess what, 90% of MJ's fans wont EVER be able to afford that. Which means they will NEVER get to hear all that stuff.
It's true, what Brad is doing, is not illegal. I'm sure he has some sort of deal with the Estate. But on the other hand, ALL music that ever comes out officially, can also get pirated for free. So people who are angry about the leaks, what are they actually angry about? Is it mostly people who paid money for seminars in the past? Tough luck, I'm so sorry that you are no longer the chosen few, who got to experience Michael. No, scratch that, I'm not sorry for you at all!
Michael was all about giving and sharing. He gave his Victory cut to charity. He made chorus to Earth Song without lyrics so the whole world can sing it. Of course he was selling his music and concerts but he wasn't selling his demos, home videos and effin' handwritten lyrics on mangled pieces of paper!
Wise up, people. If Estate refuses to give the fans what they want, the fans will simply have to take it. Stealing a laptop and giving all the stuff for free to the world, that is a NOBLE deed that should be celebrated. You all know that if Estate decides to sell this stuff officially, we will ALL buy it, despite having it for free. Because, as I've said, all music can be obtained for free these days, nobody is forced to buy anything.

edit
Just to drive my point further, can people who are upset about the leaks explain to me how exactly are these leaks different from Michael's official music on torrent sites? How is pirating Chicago 1945 different from pirating Jam?
The only difference I see is that Jam can be bought and enjoyed by anyone in the world while Chicago 1945 was reserved for selected few pilgrims. People should, in fact, be more angry about pirated official music than pirated demos because pirating Dangerous album actually hurts the Estate and Michael's children, while pirating Brad's stuff hurts only Brad.

Last edited:
Jackson unreleased just downloads what I'm leaking and is reposting it, in the very first minutes of the leak I THOUGHT I had TYLA but I didn't, in fact I'm missing a bunch of things, I mostly have videos, those are coming quite soon.
Do you mean that Throwing your life away is coming soon?

This thread is like an open wound.I hope all can be resolved for brad soon. Brad i'm sorry. It is what happens when the music industry is not protected. it's actually to the point of critical the state of .. of being non existent now. thanx for killing it punks. :mad:

some words? It's the original lyrics to Leave Me Alone! That really hurts to read. Would people react the same way if it would be Billie Jean?
Yeah it hurts but @Lacra and i hear you , i do. i really , really do. but people don't seem to think like that anymore. no respect for the form of art anymore , the artist or the original.

I wish we had a museum, stuff like this belongs there.
Exactly. Me too. Every where is so messy now. Society's mindset is messy. I cannot see an ending to the chaos.

He doesn't make much profit from these, the money he gets from doing these events is usually spent on booking the studio, catering, and travel costs for the most part, he's doing this out of love for Michael and the fans. Of course, he can't just simply leak these all, but he tries to provide a unique experience to those diehard fans who really want to see more from their favorite artist.

In regards to him selling off memorabilia, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as it isn't copyrighted material, and for almost every artist people sell autographs and these sorts of things, so if Michael jotted down some words on a paper and Brad sold that, I don't think it remotely falls under the category of "exploiting Michael".
You shouldn't be moralizing us about profiting when you didn't pay a penny and get to listen to GYWOOM anytime you want.

a long time ago already

I'm not interested in his laptop you know, just the contents, I'm not a "thief"
If supposing Michael was on this board ,like he was rumoured to be back in 2008. Would you have said that to him then in his face ,or private message? ..and Brad?

If supposing Michael was on this board ,like he was rumoured to be back in 2008. Would you have said that to him then in his face ,or private message? ..and Brad?
Michael is dead, we'll never get any new material from him, if he was alive I'd never do this.

On a side note, Michael was only angry about leaks when it was songs he worked on, he didn't care about Work that Body She Got It Serious Effect when it leaked in (I think around) 2006.

Give away every song stolen from the Sony Servers in 2011. Every multitrack, stem, demo and sketch in a fans possession. Put out Can't Get Your Weight Off Me instead of trying to hawk it for literal thousands of dollars. Put it all in a nice little file upload so people don't have to take risks with torrents too.

Everyone knows all you leakers could share, way, way more, but you know good and well you're full of it, hoarding most of it.

If you really care about giving back to the fans then shut down the stupid insider traders program I know half of you dirty poop slinging thieves are playing your hands in. You say you're not elitist yet you use Michael's art Just to make it about yourselves and your little Estate hate fetish, at least Brad actually met MJ, shared the work load with him. The rest of you are pathetic clinger onners and yet another asterisk in posthumous society.

if he was alive I'd never do this.
You see? You dont need to do this . Please don't.
On a side note, Michael was only angry about leaks when it was songs he worked on, he didn't care about Work that Body She Got It Serious Effect when it leaked in (I think around) 2006.
I think he cared about every pi3ece of art he was working on. but , i can't speak for him and nor can you.

For those that do steal - What happens if suddenly things go back to how it once was ......Then branca the man you all love , comes in and starts sue ing . he's a powerful entertainment lawyer and manager who specializes in representing rock and roll acts. ........................ so you ...you are getting into some deep waters. really ...truth be told.

Back