The Daily Weekend News Oct 23 - 25

mariemarie

Guests
Paparazzo Charged In Michael Jackson's Kids' Hit-And-Run

paparazzo has been charged with hit-and-run after allegedly ramming his car into the back of a security vehicle following Michael Jackson's children.

The late superstar's three kids, Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, were being driven by their nanny Grace Rwaramba in Encino, Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon when an overeager photographer bumped into the back of the car tailing the Jackson clan.

The unidentified photographer fled the scene of the incident without exchanging insurance information - and now the Los Angeles Police Department has filed a misdemeanor hit-and-run count against him, according to RadarOnline.com.

Shortly after the incident, the kids' grandfather Joe Jackson confirmed the youngsters and his wife Katherine, who was also in the car, were all safe at home.

Authorities insist the damage to the security vehicle was minor and confirmed no one was injured in the crash.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/10/22/paparazzo_charged_in_michael_jackson_s_k

Michael Jackson Secretly Remade Thriller, And You Can See It In 3D!

Michael Jackson’s documentary This Is It will arrive in next week and it contains more than a few surprises. We talked with the film’s

Kenny Ortega and choreographer/associate producer Travis Payne today, and they revealed that before Jackson died, they filmed brand new versions of Michael’s most well known and iconic for inclusion with the concert. In particular, if you buy a ticket for Michael Jackson’s This Is It you’ll also see, for the first time ever, brand new, re-imagined music videos for "Thriller”, “Man in the Mirror”, and “Earth”.

The intention was to use the new videos as transitions into the performed versions of the songs, transitions that are a long way from the original. Payne promises that the new "Thriller" is nothing like the boy on the date with the girl, while at the same time, "We didn't touch what we considered the sacred inside of it." And while the new version of "Thriller" and the other songs will be screened with This Is It in plain old 3D next week, that's not how they were intended to be seen, and that might not be the last we see of them either.

15342.jpg

Ortega also revealed that there may be a 3D re-release of Michael Jackson’s This Is it later on, including the revamped music videos that were originally to be broadcast during the concerts in 3D. "Later down the line there may be an opportunity for us to do some special 3D package," Ortega hinted. But that's not nearly as elaborate as how the videos were originally intended to be shown.

The plan was to have the audience members don 3D glasses in the middle of the concert, nut it was going to be much more than just 3D screens in the corner. As Payne explained it to me, "We had 3D and also frontal elements and overhead elements that actually created a 4D environment that the audience was sitting it." Jackson, Payne and the rest of the team scoured the country to find a technology company large enough to build the screen they wanted, and in the process, they started to build the largest 3D LED screen in the world.

Of course, we won't get to see that screen. But Payne believes that re-releasing This Is It in 3D is actually the ideal way to see the footage, given Jackson's lifelong interest in 3D technology. "Michael would want the entire experience in 3D, and we will try out best to facilitate his wishes. He made it clear that that was the new frontier."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mich...-Thriller-And-You-Can-See-It-In-3D-15342.html

'Thriller' zombie tribute to Michael Jackson

Villagers in a rural corner of western France gather around midnight Saturday to dress up as zombies for a globally staged tribute to Michael Jackson involving fans from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

BD77A4EF5414C2E3183FAFDABEBFC.jpg

"People are coming from all over the place," said Delphine Aldag, the 37-year-old who brought the Brittany village of Gourin into "Thrill The World 2009", a global celebration of the "King of Pop", who died this year at 50.

"Of course there are Michael Jackson fans but also people who just love to dance," she added.

Some 60 people aged from 11 to 73 have signed up so far to take part in the "Thriller" dance extravaganza in Gourin, joining fans as far off as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Istanbul, Mexico and Sydney.
In keeping with the opening line of the 1982 hit, the event is to kick off just after midnight, at 0030 GMT.

"At 2:30 am we'll get a phone call from the organisers and start dancing," said Aldag.

But the village homage to the pop icon may turn out to have a decidedly local feel, with Breton musicians planning interpretations of Jackson hits played on the region's distinctive Gallic-style bagpipes, the "biniou".
The event has been held annually since 2006, growing from 62 dancers, which organisers say resulted in a Guinness World Record, to last year attracting 4,719 dancers in 10 countries. Its website www.thrilltheworld.com lists 300 events this weekend.

"This year's Thrill The World aims to be an unprecedented global celebration of the life and music of Michael Jackson," said founder of the event Ines Markelle, a choreographer and dance instructor from Toronto, Canada.

It even has the seal of approval of Quincy Jones, producer of the multi-million selling "Thriller" album that features the song of the same name.
With well over 100 million copies sold, "Thriller" is generally agreed to be the best selling album of all time. The eponymous song, which features a celebrated spooky rap by kitsch US horror star Vincent Price, was written by British songwriter Rod Temperton.

http://news.id.msn.com/entertainment/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3660712

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1988 - Michael Jackson toured the house where Berry Gordy Jr. launched Motown records in 1959. Jackson donated $125,000 to the Motown Museum.

mj.gif

The brothers with Kathrine and Joseph

80s-mj-and-berry-gordy.jpg

Berry Gordy and Michael

Re: The Daily Weekend News Oct 23 - 01

Thanks. :)

Thanks for the news :D

Common Says He'll 'Definitely' See 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Common Says He'll 'Definitely' See 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

'Once he passed I realized what his star was to us and I missed him even more,' rapper says.

281x211.jpg

As fans eagerly await the release of "Michael Jackson's This Is It," musicians are sitting down to recall the overwhelming influence that the pop icon had on the music industry. Common spoke to MTV News about Jackson, noting that he can't wait to be one of the people going to their local theater to see the documentary highlighting the last performance footage from the legend.

"I'm very interested in 'This Is It.' I mean, I look at Michael Jackson and see that he was the brightest star to ever exist on this earth," he told MTV News. "Like the greatest star that we ever witnessed and I think that the world will ever witness."

The documentary, based on footage shot during the singer's final days as he prepared for his London comeback concerts, opens for a two-week theatrical run starting Wednesday. The rapper noted that the movie should help fans of the singer remember why they loved him so much while he was still alive.

Common added, "And I'm definitely interested because like many of us I wasn't paying attention to Mike as much as I should have been. You kind of neglect the great things you have around you, but, you know, once he passed I realized what his star was to us and I missed him even more. So I definitely want to see 'This Is It.' "

Based on the footage that he's seen, Common thinks the film will also show fans another side of Jackson. "I seen a clip of the film and I was listening to him tell either the bass player or somebody what to do, and I was like, this dude is cold," he said. "You hear him and see him do stuff, and you go, man, that's why he is Michael Jackson and there'll be no one greater."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1624527/20091023/common.jhtml

Amazon.com Listed "This Is It" Bluray Disk

41O3URuEmAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R0EIXG

It won't come out until next year.

Apparently, they can ONLY release a DVD 90 days after the movie's theater run.

I was hoping to get this for Christmas, will have to wait a few more months.

So we will get to see Thriller in 3D at the cinemas for TII yay!

Should be interesting. No wonder production cost neared 30M$...redoing Thriller...OMG!!!!

Michael Jackson on the cover of e+ Weekly Magazine in Dubai

Michael Jackson on the cover of e+ Weekly Magazine in Dubai

mjeplus22oct09.jpg

Michael Jackson takes the cover story for the latest issue of e+ Magazine and inside a half page content highlight and a two page article with the title “He’s Just A Thriller” – The UAE is one of the 75 countries to premiere the new documentary.

It won't come out until next year.

Apparently, they can ONLY release a DVD 90 days after the movie's theater run.

I was hoping to get this for Christmas, will have to wait a few more months.

Yes I think they might even extend the two weeks viewing.

Re: Kenny Ortega Interview with CBS

Kenny Ortega Interview with CBS

A new interview from CBS with Kenny Ortega to talk about the new movie "This Is It".

Check out this YouTube video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D8r4ssaRg

[youtube]77D8r4ssaRg[/youtube]

T4P..

Omg.. the 'was' and the 'was so alive' just... breaks my heart.. even more if it's possible...

P.S. And I'm soo glad the Paparazzo got charged for what he did! Boom!

I just read that there is some apparent rule that forbids DVD companies from coming out with a movie until it's been out of theaters for atleast 90 days (3 months). So the DVD won't be coming out until February....unless Sony can work their magic and change the law haha. Oh well, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to getting this on Christmas morning. Damn!

thats from friedman and according to what i read on other boards its rubbish cause loads of dvds of other stuff has come out b4 90 days

I just read that there is some apparent rule that forbids DVD companies from coming out with a movie until it's been out of theaters for atleast 90 days (3 months). So the DVD won't be coming out until February....unless Sony can work their magic and change the law haha. Oh well, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to getting this on Christmas morning. Damn!

I think they have a good case to get an exception for this movie considering it is not a normal movie and changing the 90 days policy might not harm movie industry. Another reason is that they might request for an early release to meet the holiday season so they might try to find a way to do it, I hope!

Kenny Ortega Interview with CBS

A new interview from CBS with Kenny Ortega to talk about the new movie "This Is It".

Check out this YouTube video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D8r4ssaRg

[youtube]77D8r4ssaRg[/youtube]

loved that interview love Kenny as always but i also loved how respectful the interviewer Harry Smith was also, this is to Harry Smith:clapping:, THANK YOU.:yes::)

Michael Jackson's Choreographer Says This Is It Shows Were For Jackson's Kids

Michael Jackson's Choreographer Says This Is It Shows Were For Jackson's Kids

'He was excited his children were old enough to appreciate what it was that he had loved for so many years,' Travis Payne says.

281x211.jpg

Michael Jackson had many reasons to put on his 50 This Is It shows in London. He wanted to do it "because it's meaningful, because there are powerful reasons behind an idea," according to director Kenny Ortega. But he also wanted to show his three kids, Blanket, Paris and Prince, what kind of entertainer their superstar dad was.

"When I first came onto the project, he said it was important that This Is It is the time for us to remind the planet of all of our responsibility to the earth and to each other," choreographer Travis Payne told MTV News. "And he also said he was excited to do it because he was still young enough to do it and his children were now old enough to appreciate what it was that he had loved for so many years."

"Michael Jackson's This Is It," a documentary based on footage shot during the singer's final days as he prepared for the London shows, opens for a two-week theatrical run starting Wednesday.

Payne worked with Jackson extensively for more than a decade; he choreographed his HIStory world tour in 1996 and his 1997 short film "Ghosts." He said that there was never a moment in working on the This Is It shows that Jackson didn't remain a "consummate professional."

"Every time we set out to create a production, he wanted it to be the best that it possibly could. There was no exception," Payne explained. "He wanted it to be the best show the world had ever seen, and he wanted it so much, and it was such a loss that he wasn't able to make it to that first night."

The duo reconnected while working on the shows, bonding over old times and remembering their past collaborations. They would spend their downtime hanging out and looking on the Internet for source material to inspire their newest effort.

"I really enjoyed being able to go on the Internet with him and show him performances we had done in, like, 1993 in Mexico City. And just to be able to pull up anything he could think of — all types of music and imagery and inspirational footage that helped in preparation for the show," Payne recalled. "And he was so fascinated by what was available now with the new technology — he just loved that."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1624545/story.jhtml

Elizabeth Taylor calls Michael Jackson's concert film 'magnificent'

Elizabeth Taylor calls Michael Jackson's concert film 'magnificent'

resized_35d08ad0_5f62_441e_85c6_bb69ff77a943.jpg

Dame Elizabeth Taylor held a private screening of Michael Jackson's This Is It last weekend. She invited close friends of the late King of Pop to watch with her at MGM, with whom she had a long acting contract.

Taylor and Jackson were close friends for years, bonding over the fact that they were both childhood stars, and faced a lot of tabloid rumors. Taylor also invited Jackson's entire staff to watch the film, which gives a detailed look at what was to be Jackson's final tour.

Taylor is usually seen in a wheelchair due to health problems, but people at the screening said she was able to sit in a theater seat and led a standing ovation when the film finished. She reportedly said that the film was 'genius' and 'magnificent.'

This Is It hits theaters on Oct. 28, and there will be a review here of the film.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5292-Cele...lls-Michael-Jacksons-concert-film-magnificent

Global Tribute to Michael Jackson to revive 'Thriller'

A town in the interior of France was chosen to stage a global tribute to Michael Jackson, who died on June 25 this year. People from all over the world will gather on the evening of Saturday in Gourin, in Brittany, to dance together to the sound of the songs and dances of the most famous king of pop: Thriller.

The Thrill the World takes place every year since 2002, from 62 participants in its first edition until 4719 dancers from 10 countries last year. According to Agence France Press, about 60 people from 11 to 73 years old, coming from cities such as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Istanbul and Sydney have signed up to participate.

In the event website, you can see a list of over 300 attractions planned around the world for the weekend. There are also videos that teach the movements of Thriller, for anyone to do ugly on Saturday. After all, the idea is that the charge is an "unprecedented global celebration of the life and music of Michael Jackson" in the words of Canadian choreographer Agnes Markell, the founder of Thrill The World.

Next week, on 28, fans from different cities may also honor the memory of the singer at the premiere of the documentary This Is It, made with scenes from recent trials of Michael Jackson.

http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/va...-michael-jackson-revive-thriller-507679.shtml

Tributo global a Michael Jackson revive 'Thriller'

Uma cidadezinha no interior da França foi escolhida como palco de uma homenagem mundial a Michael Jackson, morto no dia 25 de junho deste ano. Pessoas de diversas partes do mundo irão se reunir na noite do próximo sábado em Gourin, na Bretanha, para dançar juntas ao som de uma das canções e coreografias mais conhecidas do rei do pop: Thriller.

O Thrill The World acontece todos os anos desde 2002, passando de 62 participantes em sua primeira edição até 4.719 dançarinos de 10 países no ano passado. Segundo a agência de notícias France Press, cerca de 60 pessoas de 11 a 73 anos de idade, vindas de cidades como Pequim, Buenos Aires, Istambul e Sydney, já se inscreveram para participar.

No site do evento, é possível consultar uma lista de mais de 300 atrações programadas ao redor do mundo para o final de semana. Também há vídeos que ensinam os movimentos de Thriller, para ninguém fazer feio no sábado. Afinal, a ideia é que o tributo seja uma "celebração global sem precedentes à vida e à música de Michael Jackson", nas palavras da coreógrafa canadense Inês Markelle, fundadora do Thrill of The World.

Na próxima semana, no dia 28, fãs de diversas cidades também poderão prestigiar a memória do cantor na estreia do documentário This is It, feito com cenas dos últimos ensaios de Michael Jackson.

Regal Entertainment Group Offers Exclusive Commemorative Souvenir for Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT

Regal Entertainment Group Offers Exclusive Commemorative Souvenir for Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT

regthisisitlanyard.jpg

Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, announced today that one million moviegoers at theatres nationwide will receive a Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT commemorative "Backstage Pass” and lanyard.

Tickets for Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT are currently on sale at approximately 500 Regal Entertainment Group theatres across the country. The first 2,000 Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT moviegoers at each location will receive the replica "Backstage Pass” and lanyard. They will be distributed at the box office and/or guest service desks beginning October 27 when patrons purchase tickets for Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT or when they redeem their tickets purchased in advance.

"This souvenir ‘Backstage Pass’ is only available at Regal Entertainment Group theatres. Thanks to Regal’s partnership with Sony, one million moviegoers will enjoy the new film and for no additional cost they can take home this keepsake,” stated Dick Westerling, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising for Regal Entertainment Group. "Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT will certainly be an exciting worldwide movie event and Regal is pleased to offer fans this limited-edition item to commemorate the occasion.”

Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this past summer in London’s O2 Arena. Covering the months from March through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than 120 hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing numerous songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT is the last documentation of Michael Jackson in action, capturing the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he and his collaborators move toward their goals of London, the O2, and history. The film is directed by Kenny Ortega and produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega, and Paul Gongaware. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT is rated PG for some suggestive choreography and scary images. For updated information including locations, showtimes and to purchase tickets online, visit www.REGmovies.com.

About Regal Entertainment Group
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) is the largest motion picture exhibitor in the United States. The Company's theatre circuit, comprising Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres, operates 6,775 screens in 548 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Regal operates theatres in all of the top 32 and 44 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas. We believe that the size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provide its patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations. Additional information is available on the Company's Web site at www.REGmovies.com.

http://newsticker.welt.de/?module=smarthouse&id=956825

Last edited:

Thanks for all the news and mentionings today.

(someone may want to change the dates in the title Oct 23-01?)

loved that interview love Kenny as always but i also loved how respectful the interviewer Harry Smith was also, this is to Harry Smith:clapping:, THANK YOU.:yes::)

loved the interview too and I thought the interviewer evoked such passion in describing what he saw in the film...

So much news today. I love it! Can you guys imagine the media Tuesday night/Wednesday. There will be new stories and pictures being issued every minute.

Back