The Estate share the full Ghosts short film on VEVO

wow talk about false advertising. "full version of Ghosts" eh? I seem to recall Ghosts being 35 minutes long. This was just under 4 minutes.

FAIL!

HIm and that one dude he teamed up with for Kingdom International during the HIStory Tour are both the owners of Kingdom Entertainment.

There you have it. The Estate cannot make decisions regarding Ghosts without the other dude. If Michael owned it outright, you would not have the less than four minutes on Vision, Vevo, and now Vimeo.

Before the Blood On The Dancefloor album was released this song was actually referred to as just "Ghost", (i still remember always mixing up "Ghosts" and "Ghost" for some time). I guess "Ghost" was the original working title of the song, that later got changed to "Ghosts" to match promotion for the film better.

Not that people managing those youtube accounts would know though... :D

I think the best chance to market this as a DVD/BluRay release will be a combo package with the restored Thriller, that John Landis talked about.
As much as fans love Ghosts, it's barely a side note to Michaels career to the general public. Thriller will draw more attention, so it would be a good chance to spread the Ghosts too. :)

One can only imagin all the great bonus material that potentially exists for Ghosts... the original Adams Family 1993 version, which must be pretty different. And also the 1995 version that only had a super long extended version of "Too Bad" (no "Ghosts" and no "Is It Scary", that's why you don't see him sing those songs).

Last edited:
I burned the full version to DVD a long time ago. The full version that was sourced from DVD or VHS, forget which. And it's an excellent transfer.

If anybody wants a copy, I can rip and send. Screw this Vevo stuff. Music videos, unless available for purchase, should be free. :)

I burned the full version to DVD a long time ago. The full version that was sourced from DVD or VHS, forget which. And it's an excellent transfer.

If anybody wants a copy, I can rip and send. Screw this Vevo stuff. Music videos, unless available for purchase, should be free. :)

The short film is available in 1080i! the thing is, why should TV stations be the source of this footage? The Estate have making of footage and everything to throw on a Blu-Ray, but they're not doing it.. so the WOWOW airing is the best yet!

The short film is available in 1080i! the thing is, why should TV stations be the source of this footage? The Estate have making of footage and everything to throw on a Blu-Ray, but they're not doing it.. so the WOWOW airing is the best yet!

Its just the way it goes Zakk its all a waiting game, I think the fact that 90% of the really "important" and most exciting releases have come via Fans and unofficial sources really shows who "know" what people want.

God, its no wonder so many dumb fans think its just called Ghost when the estate can't even get it right. Still, I am sure Demi and Patrick are enjoying all the free promotion their shitty movie gets.......
GHOSTS!! Its called Ghosts you ****tards! Anyway, why is it not available in the UK? In fact, why are none of em? Its not as if Vision isn't on sale here or anything. **** the state, everything they do is a joke an further insult to Michael and his legacy!!

Before the Blood On The Dancefloor album was released this song was actually referred to as just "Ghost", (i still remember always mixing up "Ghosts" and "Ghost" for some time). I guess "Ghost" was the original working title of the song, that later got changed to "Ghosts" to match promotion for the film better.

Not that people managing those youtube accounts would know though... :D

I think the best chance to market this as a DVD/BluRay release will be a combo package with the restored Thriller, that John Landis talked about.
As much as fans love Ghosts, it's barely a side note to Michaels career to the general public. Thriller will draw more attention, so it would be a good chance to spread the Ghosts too. :)

One can only imagin all the great bonus material that potentially exists for Ghosts... the original Adams Family 1993 version, which must be pretty different. And also the 1995 version that only had a super long extended version of "Too Bad" (no "Ghosts" and no "Is It Scary", that's why you don't see him sing those songs).

It was never Ghost. That was just fan speculation at the time before the release. As soon as BOTDF dropped it was titled Ghosts.

The 1995 version you speak of is already available. The Ghosts and Is It Scary parts have slightly remixed bits of 2 Bad as the music, but no vocals, and the mayor transformation is different.

Great idea. I thought the same. Also if they are going to release Thriller 3D in cinemas, who would pay to see 14 minutes long video? But if you put it together with Ghosts 3D + maybe Thriller/Threatened from This Is It in 3D with that special 3D vignette and Thriller live from HIStory Tour in 3D, you have 14 + 40 + ~10 + ~10 = 1:14 which is enough for a movie. Release it on Halloween for 2 week run at the cinemas all over the world and then on blu-ray after.

God, its no wonder so many dumb fans think its just called Ghost when the estate can't even get it right. Still, I am sure Demi and Patrick are enjoying all the free promotion their shitty movie gets.......
GHOSTS!! Its called Ghosts you ****tards! Anyway, why is it not available in the UK? In fact, why are none of em? Its not as if Vision isn't on sale here or anything. **** the state, everything they do is a joke an further insult to Michael and his legacy!!

Please read other people's post before you say stupid things like that. Your hate towards Estate is obvious but like Ivy said: "It has been posted on MJ Youtube Vevo since October 2009 by Sony (Social media accounts of MJ is managed by Sony)", NOT ESTATE.

The 1995 version you speak of is already available. The Ghosts and Is It Scary parts have slightly remixed bits of 2 Bad as the music, but no vocals, and the mayor transformation is different.

Available where? Can you please give me a download or youtube link for that version.

I remember back in the day on mtv the vj played the single and he was raving about it as some great new song and video. he was obviously totally unaware of the full length. to me thats always been ghosts problem. all that time money and effort gone into such a great video and even back then it seemed like a total waste. no one really got to see it. there is great potential for the estate to do something with this. like others say the behind the scenes footage. maybe putting it together with thriller. Time will tell as theres many years for things to be spread out. and ppl really need to get some prospective.so they called it ghost instead of ghosts. whoopy do. most of the gen public arent even aware of its excistance. be more concerned about the likes of robson helping to destroy things

I have the full version on DVD 38 min it is the Kingdom version that come on first then it go into the short film it is so sharp and clear i love it. I will have that on when the kids come by Fri and Thriller too.

The kids like to stop and dance when their hearing it it is so cute to watch them.

Not available outside of Yew Kay? Right that confirms it :p I'm moving to the United states

680fda8ff2c362b22b61be68b1be8325.jpg

I am sorry. But how much longer are fans going to keep on so blindly defending the estate, AND sony?!?! Its getting ridiculous. They are all terrible at their jobs. One of the executors should not even be anywhere near anything with Michaels name on, let alone in charge of it! I know I may rant a bit harshly about somethings, that's just who I am. But would Michael really be happy with the way things are being done? Think about it.

The original 1995 edit of Ghosts has been about for a few years now, at least. There is not much difference from the released version bar music and some SFX changes. I am pretty sure I downloaded from this very forum. I will upload it soon if its not here already.

I am sure Demi and Patrick are enjoying all the free promotion their shitty movie gets
Do you think Patrick enjoys it from the other side

John McClain is awesome, but i think Jackie Jackson should take over as the other Co-Exec.. leave Branca to the legal stuff.

I'm sure Branca and McClain hire people to take care of this stuff-all aspects. Sony has to do their job to promote things, as per the contract they signed with them.

The only thing I see wrong here is that the title of this thread said the "FULL Ghosts short film" instead of just "Ghosts short film". And of course, spelled incorrectly.

Isn't Vevo in the UK?

The only thing I see wrong here is that the title of this thread said the "FULL Ghosts short film" instead of just "Ghosts short film". And of course, spelled incorrectly.

Good eye. I have been waiting to see who would point out that FB status update just said "Ghost short film" and the claim that it was FULL came from fans.so at the end this is a situation created by the fans due to misunderstanding and/or expectations towards a simple status update.

Good eye. I have been waiting to see who would point out that FB status update just said "Ghost short film" and the claim that it was FULL came from fans.so at the end this is a situation created by the fans due to misunderstanding and/or expectations towards a simple status update.

So you are saying the status update just said "Ghost short film" and that the claim it was FULL is from fans? Well is it the full 3 minute short film or the full short film? which one is short, because as far as I am aware Ghosts IS a short film and has always been labelled a short film and fans usually go from the point of creation, and for me thats knowing since I bought the VHS in 1998 that Ghosts is a SHORT FILM.

I think the problem stems from the people who clearly know absolutetely jack sh*t about Michael Jacksons work, people who are paid to competently make sure the information they post on the internet is correct and update his social network sites.

Short Film

$_57.JPG

I am sorry. But how much longer are fans going to keep on so blindly defending the estate, AND sony?!?!

And how much longer are fans going to keep on so blindly attacking the estate, AND Sony?!?! YES they did some stupid shitty things like releasing Jason Malachi on MJ album, not removing those songs from his discography, not apologizing to the public about doing it... But they also did some incredible things - financially, legally. And also they released over 20 unreleased songs in 5 years (1 on This Is It, 6 on MICHAEL, 6 on Bad 25, 8 on Xscape) + they allowed the release of 2 more (Barry Gibb's All In Your Name and Queen's There Must Be More To Life Than This). Ask other dead artist's fans how much unreleased material they've got in 5 years after their idol's death.

Give credit where credit is due!

We'll in my opinion if they had posted "take a look at Michael's VIDEO of Ghosts on VEVO", fans would have been super enraged. They always say short films out of respect.

(And because they are actually short films with a story)

I think it was just assumed they were posting the full movie.
The original post has an edit to correct it but it didn't make the title of the thread.

Last edited:
Birchey;4053299 said:
So you are saying the status update just said "Ghost short film" and that the claim it was FULL is from fans?

FB status is posted on this thread in the very first post. This is what MJ Facebook wrote

"‘Tis the season! Get ready for Halloween with the short film for “Ghost.”"

It was fans that claimed it was the "full" video and it was being "officially released". Neither was true - or claimed by MJ FB. The FB post merely was saying "hey it's almost Halloween let's watch ghosts" and linking to a video that has been uploaded 5 years ago.

so as far as I'm concerned it was fans misunderstanding that created a hate fest for no valid reason.

edited to add: the only valid issue/complaint is the Sony's ongoing typo of "Ghost" - but blaming Executors for it is a little absurd.

Well is it the full 3 minute short film or the full short film? which one is short, because as far as I am aware Ghosts IS a short film

barbee0715;4053302 said:
They always say short films out of respect.
(And because they are actually short films with a story)

I agree with barbee that they refer to the videos as short films because that's what Michael called them. Want proof? MJ Facebook status for APWNN read "The new short film for “A Place With No Name” features several out-takes and behind the scenes footage of Michael from “In The Closet.”". Well we all know APWNN doesn't have a long and short version and it's merely a video but yet is called a short film. So any MJ music video is referred as "short film". Use of "short film" doesn't signal the length of the video.

Last edited:
‘Tis the season! Get ready for Halloween with the short film for “Ghost.”

Not one word implies the less than four minute version. Not one.

It is a bit unfair some posters are blaming a fan for misunderstanding a purposefully vague statement that included a misspelled title. Has the title been corrected yet?

OMG, they misspelled Ghosts?!?!?! What are we gonna do now?!?!? :bugeyed

The point should be that they should correct it (some members here have direct contact with MJ Online Team who can then contact people at Sony) and make it available for all world to see like all other videos on MJ channel, not just USA.

Do you think Patrick enjoys it from the other side

It was meant as a joke. But, yeah, maybe ;)

And how much longer are fans going to keep on so blindly attacking the estate, AND Sony?!?! YES they did some stupid shitty things like releasing Jason Malachi on MJ album, not removing those songs from his discography, not apologizing to the public about doing it... But they also did some incredible things - financially, legally. And also they released over 20 unreleased songs in 5 years (1 on This Is It, 6 on MICHAEL, 6 on Bad 25, 8 on Xscape) + they allowed the release of 2 more (Barry Gibb's All In Your Name and Queen's There Must Be More To Life Than This). Ask other dead artist's fans how much unreleased material they've got in 5 years after their idol's death.

Give credit where credit is due!

You have your opinion and I have mine, and in mine, the bad far outweighs the good. Yeah, they have given a lot of songs, most of which have been ****ed up by idiots who had no right being anywhere a Michael Jackson song! No matter how you try and butter it up, the Cascio fiasco is outrageous, and their attitude towards it is sweep it under the carpet and hope no one notices the huge bulge. It is an insult to us and more importantly, to Michael! Just because they have cashed in as quick as they could, where other dead artists estates waited, does not mean we should respect them.
I am a great believer in giving credit where it is due, even to things or people I may not like. But this is not one of those cases.

I don't know, I lost my will to live
154798-bigthumbnail.jpg

Sigh
The best we could do now is to start kickstart collection so there is going to be book written about how sony misspelled Ghost(s) and how fan misread the post so it all turned into 3rd world war in MJ fan community.
It will be all explained in the book.

:rofl:

I have to say some fans try so hard to find reasons to bash the Estate for something all the time. Michael himself sometimes misspelled lyrics of his songs, so what?

Back