The Great Debate - Poll of Polls

Do I believe It Is Michael On The Three Tracks In Question.

• Yes

Votes: 152 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 135 35.2%
  • I Can Not Decide

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Maybe in Parts

Votes: 73 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but he sounds like the singer in the cascio songs. Note that he only did a quick "performance" in that video. Imagine if he did it in a recording studio TRYING HIS BEST to sound like Michael + Melodyne or whatever you guys believe is used. :)

Here is another random quick "room performance":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEdyxV1lsdg

"If he can that easily, effort free, walk in front of a low qual camera with no recording equipment and no processing on his voice and still deliver that vocal, without even trying to sound like MJ, imagine if he DID try, and had a studio, and the processing. What would that sound like? Oh hang on... Monster, Keep Your Head Up, Breaking News!"

- damien

Last edited:
OMG, i'm sorry but its him. Its not even funny how obvious it is anymore. Its all becoming so clear to me. Vibratto aside, when he sings 'Dont you go walking baby!' It sounds exactly like 'Why you keep on stalkin me' or whatever it is....in Monster.

There's your proof that the vibratto isn't just an effect either.

^^ Luke, I completely agree..I'm not trying to convince anybody, but, I mean, it's just the voice is identical..it baffles me....*sigh*

I should of said, its him 'to me' really. I'm sure someone would of picked up on that.

I'm just stating my opinion now, I am now convinced it is him after seeing that clip of him singing in a room with no effects on his voice....nothing.

I should of said, its him 'to me' really. I'm sure someone would of picked up on that.

I'm just stating my opinion now, I am now convinced it is him after seeing that clip of him singing in a room with no effects on his voice....nothing.

this is just......:no: Wow, just wow...

thank you for that link. I see your point. on another note he doesn't sound like Michael though.

Exactly. That's why I can't understand anyone claiming it's Michael on those bogus tracks!

Well I listened to both "room performances" and to me it sounds nothing like Michael. Plus when I listen to live and recorded performance of "don't walk away" , it seems like the recorded performance is modified to sound more like Michael (pitch change with Melodyne?)

For me Jason Malachi is way overrated.

and I don't want to start anything but why people assume that they would go to Jason Malachi even if they wanted to fake Michael vocals. Kipp Lennon has been singing in the place of Michael by the approval of Michael for a long time (The Simpson's episode songs, California Raisin commercial, The Jackson's American Dream songs, anti-drug song etc).

Exactly. That's why I can't understand anyone claiming it's Michael on those bogus tracks!

to be clear - For me live vocals of Jason Malachi doesn't sound like Michael or the vocal at the Cascio songs. Just vibrato similarity is not enough for me to come to a certain conclusion as we all know that Cascio song vocals are processed through Melodyne and bound to sound unnatural and different then a unprocessed Michael Jackson vocals.

:yes: and it's not just the vibrato that sounds the same to me...after hearing the home video performance, it's just well, obvious to me....The Cascio tracks sound more like Jason Malachi to me than Michael Jackson...

Last edited:
:yes: and it's not just the vibrato that sounds the same to me...after hearing the home video performance, it's just well, obvious to me....The Cascio tracks sound more like Jason Malachi to me than Michael Jackson...

It's just funny to watch all the 'believers' cook up new and ever more fanciful reasons for the discrepancy. Oh it's the Melodyne. Oh it's the Cascio's studio. Oh it's Michael at 70%. Oh it's this. Oh it's that...

It's obvious to anyone who wants to be honest about it. The vocalist sounds NOTHING like Michael Jackson.

It's just funny to watch all the 'believers' cook up new and ever more fanciful reasons for the discrepancy. Oh it's the Melodyne. Oh it's the Cascio's studio. Oh it's Michael at 70%. Oh it's this. Oh it's that...

It's obvious to anyone who wants to be honest about it. The vocalist sounds NOTHING like Michael Jackson.

I know....:no: I'll never forget the feeling I had when first hearing BN,..I was GUTTED..I barely slept a wink all night..I can't just ignore that feeling...It's still fresh for me...And, all these excuses being made just don't cut it for me, for what I'm hearing when I hear these tracks...that can't just be erased for me...maybe for some other people..but not for me....

to be clear - For me live vocals of Jason Malachi doesn't sound like Michael or the vocal at the Cascio songs. Just vibrato similarity is not enough for me to come to a certain conclusion as we all know that Cascio song vocals are processed through Melodyne and bound to sound unnatural and different then a unprocessed Michael Jackson vocals.

Its not just the vibrato though. All the vocals sound pretty much identical to the Cascio tracks :\

I know....:no: I'll never forget the feeling I had when first hearing BN,..I was GUTTED..I barely slept a wink all night..I can't just ignore that feeling...It's still fresh for me...And, all these excuses being made just don't cut it for me, for what I'm hearing when I hear these tracks...that can't just be erased for me...maybe for some other people..but not for me....

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Teddy Riley or Sony says one thing and then a whole section of the fanbase repeats it verbatim. 'PVC pipe' - oh yeah, it's the PVC pipe, hence Michael doesn't sound like himself. 'The track wasn't uploaded properly' - oh yeah, of course, the track wasn't uploaded properly... major international record companies usually have that problem.

It's beyond a joke!

Yet all the while we have the audio evidence right in front of us which NO ONE wants to refer to? Incredible.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Teddy Riley or Sony says one thing and then a whole section of the fanbase repeats it verbatim. 'PVC pipe' - oh yeah, it's the PVC pipe, hence Michael doesn't sound like himself. 'The track wasn't uploaded properly' - oh yeah, of course, the track wasn't uploaded properly... major international record companies usually have that problem.

It's beyond a joke!

Yet all the while we have the audio evidence right in front of us which NO ONE wants to refer to? Incredible.

I know....I'm just really saddened by it all...I just want it to all go away...

do not forget "respect" please. there's no need to belittle people due to their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of how right or wrong they are. and unless we have indisputable factual proof - we don't - , there's no base in calling anyone's opinion wrong.

Its not just the vibrato though. All the vocals sound pretty much identical to the Cascio tracks :\

"all the vocals" is a little bit much strong for my taste. I mean there's one line he sounds similar (you mentioned it before) but that's all IMO. also for me the JM songs never sounded enough MJ like in the past years. Are we now assuming that he suddenly got 10 times better?

Anyway I'm personally quite fed up with JM talk in a MJ environment.

OMG, i'm sorry but its him. Its not even funny how obvious it is anymore. Its all becoming so clear to me. Vibratto aside, when he sings 'Dont you go walking baby!' It sounds exactly like 'Why you keep on stalkin me' or whatever it is....in Monster.

There's your proof that the vibratto isn't just an effect either.

No it doesn't. As said, compare a whole song, the way certain words are pronounced in Malachi songs and these Cascio records are different, a lot different. Not only that, but why, WHY, would they get Jason Malachi to record these songs, when in terms of MJ vocal impersonations, there's a lot better, using them would put together a more sound, polished, complete recording. Something that blatantly doesn't exist on the Cascio songs, why use Malachi when you have people like this...

Even this guy...

They could've used any of the above, both who are lesser known than a Jason Malachi would be. The Estate/Sony could even develop better arguments as to why Michael would sound different, other than the melodyne/processed vocals thing using these tribute artists. But they risk everything by using a known singer, who can be spotted as opposed to these two men? That doesn't make any sense to me.

No it doesn't. As said, compare a whole song, the way certain words are pronounced in Malachi songs and these Cascio records are different, a lot different. Not only that, but why, WHY, would they get Jason Malachi to record these songs, when in terms of MJ vocal impersonations, there's a lot better, using them would put together a more sound, polished, complete recording. Something that blatantly doesn't exist on the Cascio songs, why use Malachi when you have people like this...

Even this guy...

They could've used any of the above, both who are lesser known than a Jason Malachi would be. The Estate/Sony could even develop better arguments as to why Michael would sound different, other than the melodyne/processed vocals thing using these tribute artists. But they risk everything by using a known singer, who can be spotted as opposed to these two men? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Keep giving them ideas, haha!:)

No it doesn't. As said, compare a whole song, the way certain words are pronounced in Malachi songs and these Cascio records are different, a lot different.

I think its quite obvious our hearing differs quite a bit. So lets just leave it at that. Either we are hearing two completely different things, or you are in denial that the vocals are extremely similar to say the least.

Anyway I'm personally quite fed up with JM talk in a MJ environment.

Well you have said yourself how similar the vocals are, no? Then it cant just be ignored.....

Many of us clearly strongly believe it is Jason on these tracks. We cant just ignore this.

P.S Sorry for the double post, something went wrong.

Well you have said yourself how similar the vocals are, no? Then it cant just be ignored.....

where did I say that?

I said in the live performance videos there's one line that sounds similar, his previous songs that thought to be MJ songs were never convincing for me and that JM is way overrated.

and let me add this - what about JM doesn't make sense

for me his vocals were never convincing, for you he has a goat vibrato - in other words we actually agree that he's not really good in impersonating Michael. some people (including you) claim they can hear and distinguish JM from a mile away - all good.

then the question becomes if the idea was to fake vocals why use JM. why use someone that's not that good and that people can identify? It's not like he's the only one out there. To me that doesn't make sense really. On one hand people argue that Sony is this evil corporation that can fake whatever they want but at the same time this theory needs us to believe that they suck at what they set out to do.

You clearly haven't watched a lot of comparsion videos, ivy. There are A LOT more than one line used in many videos.

I'm out, Merry Xmas!

LOL i had to say, i know y'all been thinking but i gotta say it. The poll doesn't mention the three tracks in question, do we just choose the 3 songs lol

why, WHY, would they get Jason Malachi to record these songs, when in terms of MJ vocal impersonations, there's a lot better, using them would put together a more sound, polished, complete recording. Something that blatantly doesn't exist on the Cascio songs, why use Malachi when you have people like this...

How do you know these people were not already asked, before JM, yet declined to participate.

then the question becomes if the idea was to fake vocals why use JM. why use someone that's not that good and that people can identify? It's not like he's the only one out there. To me that doesn't make sense really. On one hand people argue that Sony is this evil corporation that can fake whatever they want but at the same time this theory needs us to believe that they suck at what they set out to do.

I'd like to ask Cascio about that cause it really doesn't make sense.
But at this time I trust my ears and feelings more than any other arguments. From any side

How do you know these people were not already asked, before JM, yet declined to participate.

The same way you know it's Jason Malachi on these songs, It's an assumption. And again, the argument is once again flawed, you believe that these tribute artists would decline to participate, out of what? Love for Michael? Well Malachi, has long stated how he looked up to Michael, yet you'd assume he sell him out without any factual base to support your claim. Same goes for the Cascio's, they've remained quite in regards to their relationship with Michael for all these years, they've even stood up to defend him against the '93 allegations. Yet now, because something doesn't sound right to you, they've sold him out, again without any factual base to support your claim.

A tribute artist would never betray Michael like that, but a family he trusted for years up until his passing would? I just don't see the logic in that.

Last edited:
A tribute artist would never betray Michael like that, but a family he trusted for years up until his passing would? I just don't see the logic in that.
I disagree. If they offered him money, cars and houses, there is no way he would decline. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back