The Jacksons' relationship with Michael

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

^^Just a question. I know Michael named 3T as well as a few fatherless cousins (that he was also taking care of) in his will.
Was that a contingency basis if his own kids died, or did they inherit?

Contingency basis.

As far as I know, the ONLY ones who inherited anything were Michael's three children, Katherine with a stipend, and he gave the rest to charities. Katherine didn't inherit anything but her support during her lifetime, and she will be able to pass along -- NOTHING of that -- to other family members. Nobody else in the family got a red cent.

(edit) I'll edit this to say that Michael escaped the family blight of passing off his children to others to raise (at least when alive, he did), and NOBODY in that family has any right to question his parenting, given everything. Just sayin'. . . .

Elvis empowered his father in his will to provide for any family member at his own discretion although the beneficiaries were only his father, grandmother and daughter. MJ could have done the same but he did not. No one but his kids and his mother as long as she is alive. But the Jacksons have no shame.

Sorry im not talking about the t's but the jackson family as a whole with their attacks on mjs parenting of his children. ppl such ad latoya kj etc etc..im not taking interms of mj having to pay for and look after the t's becuse of tito being a deadbeat

on the contrary they actually rave on Michael's parenting skills especially as it came to them. Through the years they've given Michael and DeeDee 99% of the credit for their parenting, and you don't hear about Tito that much.
Especially after the divorce.
Don't get me wrong. They love Tito. But they talk about Michael like a loving father not just the fun uncle.

unfortunatly its been a mantra of the family to use the secluded and normal wording to attack mjs skills but more importantly to justify their exploitation of the kids for the good of the family. they have no problems turning the tables on mj inorder to defend their actions and make him look like the bad guy. mj didnt exploit his children for the good of the rest of the family. in the jacksons eyes that makes him a bad father.

As a father, Michael CHOSE to keep his children away from the public eye, for very good reasons. To turn around and say "they felt trapped" is a DIRECT criticism of Michael's parenting choices, and in my mind negates a lot of the generic, positive things they've said. This now bears watching, not that there is anything anyone can do about it, but hope the children are balanced and feel safe.

the problem is the estate pander to kj and the family so mj might aswell have left money to the rest of them as they are still living off him through the extra money and jobs kj is given and other "jobs other family members are given by the estate.
Elvis empowered his father in his will to provide for any family member at his own discretion although the beneficiaries were only his father, grandmother and daughter. MJ could have done the same but he did not. No one but his kids and his mother as long as she is alive. But the Jacksons have no shame.

the problem is the estate pander to kj and the family so mj might aswell have left money to the rest of them as they are still living off him through the extra money and jobs kj is given and other "jobs other family members are given by the estate.

Where are the other family members who has jobs from the Estate? The only member who gets a honorar is Jackie Jackson (according to the last Estate report) TJ gets money because he is co-guardian per deciscion of the probate court, who also decided what he gets.

Kathrine got extra money for coming to premiere to Immortal and One-show with the kids. That`s right. But you can say the kids are only promoting Estate-released stuff when the family got extra money. But now you must realize Prince and Paris are now in a age where they should know what they are doing.
And I can`t see that they will distance themselves from the family. On contrary you can see that Prince with 18 is promoting the reality- show (and I don`t thinhk he gaves a good impression with his appearence on this strage paintball-match for the audience) and I am sure he goes on with the behaviour to promote Estate-released stuff from his father only when they make a extra deal with Kathrine, his grandmother. Isn`t he in age where he knows that the money is coming from his heir?

Contingency basis.

What do you mean?
I thought if PPB died, 3T , Anthony, Levon and Elijah would inherit the estate?

Funnily enough, although obviously Michael though highly of his cousins because he named them in his will, but you don't see Levon or Elijah on tabloid tour, or selling their memories with MJ?
Do you know if they have careers and their own lives?

On different note, I finally watched the first episode. I got the feeling that this reality show is for Tarryll.
I don't know where Taj work, but I suppose he is doing some filming, TJ gets money from the estate to babysit PPB + he doesn't have to pay rent because he moved to same house with kids, so he is ok. Tarryll was complaining his money situation because other 2 didn't commit to 3T and it effect on his money situation.

Last edited:

Kj gets paid extra as an adviser! jackie as the same! . t.j as guardian. kj is using the adviser money to give to her children. i thought she was his mother yet gets paid when she is asked questions about her son by her estate.or gets paid to turn up at an event to support him. kinda like 93/03. tjs getting paid very well for a "job" most ppl do for free.if that is not creating jobs just for the sake of pandering to kj and getting around the will i dont know what is.

Ontop of that their is the estate paying extras for family gatherings; family expenses etc etc. Which kj asked for when asking for increased allowances. theres lots of things that have been listed in filings. the kids advocate even questioned such payments as the money wasnt been used for the kids.

the kids are still young. yes you can say they know what they are doing.but kids are a product of their environment and i have no doubt what has been instilled in them the last six years.the family mantra that is installed in all of them. family members will fight to become closest to them as once kj is gone the money for family events/holidays will be gone and they will have to go directly to jr and paris. the family will hope the instilling of the mantra will have worked and jr and paris will have been guilt tripped enough to put their hand in their own pocket.

mj said paris was the strong one and jr was weak like me,anyone can walk over him. the family are no doubt hoping that is true and he can be guilt tripped into "helping"the rest of the family like mj was.maybe the reality show is an example of that? whether that happens imo depends on how long it takes the kids to create their own lives,homes,and families away from the jacksons. time will only tell.

its sad if true that in your opinion jr only supports his fathers estates events if his grandmother is paid. if true that means the family mantra is working ontop of more evidence from like what happened in 03/93 that the jacksons will only support mj if there is something in it for them ie a pay cheque.

sorry i dont understand your last sentence

I think Michael's kids are heading for a bind of immense pressure, when Katherine passes. This is the ONLY family they've got, and I do think they need the emotional support in their lives. As far as family members "working for the estate" is concerned? It's not so much that, as Katherine surely must dole out portions of her stipend to help support various ones of them. In that sense, it's not much different than when Michael was alive. I'm sure he KNEW she was doing that, but once he passed her the money, it was out of his hands. The problem is, for the family, that when Katherine passes that particular faucet is cut off. . .which leaves only Michael's kids to appeal to for the bucks.

^^^ "Contingency basis" means on the contingency that Michael's kids all die (!), who would inherit next. When the kids are of age, with Prince first, they can write their own wills as to what to do with their money and who would inherit. However, their inheritance comes in stages (Michael was wise in that), so they could write wills only about the money they would have at a given point in time.

Well, personally I wish the Estate had the family on the payroll. That way they work for it and maintain their dignity and can educate their children, etc.

Similar to the Victory Tour. Michael just didn't hand them over 5 million each and say invest and live on this and that's it. They toured together one last time to set them up. They worked.

He always gave his dad cred for not stealing their money when they were kids when he could have. He didn't buy their house and throw his parents out in the street. I don't think Michael would want to have them stealing from him, but he wouldn't want any of them starving and living in an alley. He would want them to be productive and maintain their dignity and pride.

If that means touring like the brothers are doing now, great. If that means positions with the Estate, great.

I saw the vid you all are talking about with the "trapped" thing. Maybe bad choice of words meant people jumped to the wrong conclusions. The kids were kinda trapped but not bc of Michael. They were trapped because there were always mob scenes of thousands whenever he did anything. Needed bodyguards his entire life. From 11 yrs. old to 50? That's ridiculous crazy, actually. That kind of fame at that level for that long is unprecedented.
And not Michael's fault.

^^^ Michael made provisions for his mother to be on a stipend, and with the understanding that she would be guardian of his children. That makes sense. And now that she is older, the kids have a second guardian, and it also makes sense for him to be on a payroll. I think the Estate may have limitations about how they can disperse the money, i.e. in addition to those two stipends? Not sure what work the others would DO for the Estate, anyway, or if that's needed? The Estate handles legal and financial matters, and seem to have that covered. Other than that, what would employment for the Estate mean? Gardeners? Drivers? Or, they could promote their own music, i.e. albums and touring, or simply get jobs like other people do, and not expect to be cared for by Michael's money?

(edit) I think they do themselves no favors by characterizing themselves as "royalty," when they are not, because that seems to bring with it a sense of entitlement that isn't warranted, and may prevent them from getting "ordinary" jobs like most adults have.

Well, personally I wish the Estate had the family on the payroll. That way they work for it and maintain their dignity and can educate their children, etc.

Similar to the Victory Tour. Michael just didn't hand them over 5 million each and say invest and live on this and that's it. They toured together one last time to set them up. They worked.

He always gave his dad cred for not stealing their money when they were kids when he could have. He didn't buy their house and throw his parents out in the street. I don't think Michael would want to have them stealing from him, but he wouldn't want any of them starving and living in an alley. He would want them to be productive and maintain their dignity and pride.

If that means touring like the brothers are doing now, great. If that means positions with the Estate, great.

I saw the vid you all are talking about with the "trapped" thing. Maybe bad choice of words meant people jumped to the wrong conclusions. The kids were kinda trapped but not bc of Michael. They were trapped because there were always mob scenes of thousands whenever he did anything. Needed bodyguards his entire life. From 11 yrs. old to 50? That's ridiculous crazy, actually. That kind of fame at that level for that long is unprecedented.
And not Michael's fault.

Taj is also on the estate payroll for a fictional job. God knows who else.

I made an example where Elvis provided for his father to support others. MJ did not, plain and simple. He did not instruct his estate to support anyone but his mother and kids. He knew he has a tribe of siblings with three generation and still breeding. However, he did not leave anything to them. Why his wishes are not respected? What if his estate was not generating the money it does now? How about the debts? How about he donated 20% of his money to charities although he knew very well how unemployable his relatives are.

Taj is also on the estate payroll for a fictional job. God knows who else.

I made an example where Elvis provided for his father to support others. MJ did not, plain and simple. He did not instruct his estate to support anyone but his mother and kids. He knew he has a tribe of siblings with three generation and still breeding. However, he did not leave anything to them. Why his wishes are not respected? What if his estate was not generating the money it does now? How about the debts? How about he donated 20% of his money to charities although he knew very well how unemployable his relatives are.

Right. Michael had a right to decide who gets and what, and damn if his wishes are not respected as he wanted.
If he wanted any member on his estate's payroll, he would have instructed to do so.

@Barbee, I don't know how familiar you are with Michael's work ethics history, but he was seriously hard working man. He was also willing to give many people start under his wings, and then he expected them to carry on, on their own. Ref, MJ signed 3T under his label, but he did not carry on with them. 3T was supposed to work hard towards their dreams, just like Mike did in his time, and still did till the day he died. You have read how he talked to Cascio's and even Wade, how they should work towards their dreams. Unfortunately some of these people misunderstood what Michael tried to teach them and now lives under denial and false sense of entitlement.

He said to Prince something like you can be what ever you want to be as long as you work hard, and I believe that is what he said to others too.
Michael meant no free rides to anyone.

Last edited:

Right. Michael had a right to decide who gets and what, and damn if his wishes are not respected as he wanted.
If he wanted any member on his estate's payroll, he would have instructed to do so.

@Barbee, I don't know how familiar you are with Michael's work ethics history, but he was seriously hard working man. He was also willing to give many people start under his wings, and then he expected them to carry on, on their own. Ref, MJ signed 3T under his label, but he did not carry on with them. 3T was supposed to work hard towards their dreams, just like Mike did in his time, and still did till the day he died. You have read how he talked to Cascio's and even Wade, how they should work towards their dreams. Unfortunately some of these people misunderstood what Michael tried to teach them and now lives under denial and false sense of entitlement.

He said to Prince something like you can be what ever you want to be as long as you work hard, and I believe that is what he said to others too.
Michael meant no free rides to anyone.

Right. And there you have it, very well expressed. In terms of this thread -- the next episode is coming up, and I think we'll find out more about their attitudes, assumptions, and work-ethic?

Bubs-I'm more than familiar. Honestly, I grew up with them and watched them and yes, went thru times where some of them made me flat out angry.
I try not to talk about it because a lot of things have been inexcusable.
I try to separate that from the Jacksons as a whole. Until someone else disappoints me.

I'm not talking about giving them mansions and cars and servants. Then lie around. And not high level exec jobs. But if Katherine can be an advisor, then there must be positions they can do. Just opportunity. Most of them are pretty nice people. And I think they can work hard. They certainly did in the past.

And I know Michael helped them thru their lives, and tried to help them on the road to success by supplying the means to do so. That's all I'm asking. Not even super success. Just stability.

This thread is for discussing the relationship between Michael and his siblings, parents or any other member of hos family. All the relevant posts from the Jacksons reality show thread and the Janet thread will be moved in here. Please remain respectful and on topic. If you want to discuss the Jacksons' new reality show, there is a separate thread for that.

I'm not talking about giving them mansions and cars and servants. Then lie around. And not high level exec jobs. But if Katherine can be an advisor, then there must be positions they can do. Just opportunity. Most of them are pretty nice people. And I think they can work hard. They certainly did in the past.

And I know Michael helped them thru their lives, and tried to help them on the road to success by supplying the means to do so. That's all I'm asking. Not even super success. Just stability.

Michael provided them the start and many opportunities, it is up to them to take it from there.
I believe he wanted them, and any other person that he helped along the way, to work towards their dreams to make a living on their own. I find it funny that some people here talk about 3T like they are invalids, unable to make living on their own, nor unable to find another job if their current money situation requires so. What about other Jackson members? There must a hundreds of them by now? Is it Michael's (estate's) or later his kids job to look after perfectly healthy individuals?
They are in their 40's and they really should learn how to get by themselves, and not rely on anyone for keeping their heads above the water.
Obviously Siggy's radio job wasn't what he wanted or he couldn't make living out of it so he trained to totally different field.

I was thinking that your suggestion estate giving them some jobs. I wonder what if 10-20 other cousins run into same situation, should the estate hire them too?
What if, down the line, those cousins kids runs in to money problems or unable to make living without someone else, should the estate hire them too?

Michael provided them the start and many opportunities, it is up to them to take it from there.
I believe he wanted them, and any other person that he helped along the way, to work towards their dreams to make a living on their own. I find it funny that some people here talk about 3T like they are invalids, unable to make living on their own, nor unable to find another job if their current money situation requires so. What about other Jackson members? There must a hundreds of them by now? Is it Michael's (estate's) or later his kids job to look after perfectly healthy individuals?
No, of course not, and I really admire Michael for giving them opportunities to make it on their own-including the last hoorah tour with his brothers as well as higher education for his nephews.
As someone who always wanted 12 or more children of his own, and always talked about how proud he was of his family's accomplishments and the Jackson name, he walked the talk.
He certainly didn't have to do it, even though he turned out to be about a billion times more successful than the rest of his family and a billion times more wealthy-but he seemed to do it gladly.

I certainly don't want to argue-I'm not good at it, and avoid it at all costs-I'm pretty much walked all over in real life, unfortunately, because I won't stick up for myself.

My idea of positions with the estate comes primarily from the speculation on this forum that all the Jacksons are deadbeats who want everything for nothing and will go after Prince, Paris, and Blanket after Katherine dies-which I don't want for them-

but that's all it is-speculation-I just hope that does not happen-Marlon, Jackie and Tito have been fairly self sufficient-Jermaine and Randy (and of course, LaToya) have been the only ones that have disappointed me at times.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to argue anything. I'm genuinely interested why people think it is Michael's/his estate/his kids job to help cousins/siblings etc to find job or other means to make living? I have not come across such a thinking any place else, other than here when the talk is about Jac family.

I was thinking Miko Brando the other day, and thought that he wasn't too proud to take a bg job, and later set up his own flower shop, even though he was son of the Hollywood legend. He doesn't have that entitlement thingy in him, which I admire of him. There are millions of other kids/siblings/cousins of famous people and they don't go on like some of Michael's family. I suppose I'm coming from neck of the woods, where people are appreciated for what they have done themselves, and not because they happen to have famous family member.

I wonder, lets say Bruce Springsteen's nephew/cousin/sibling carrying on like 3T or other members, would you still think that same way or would you think he is a loser riding on Bruce coattails?

there is absolutely no legit reason why this family is attacked so much, hated so much, reviled so much.....they have not done anything to anyone....ever and never said anything negative to people who constantly attack them negatively

I'm not trying to argue anything. I'm genuinely interested why people think it is Michael's/his estate/his kids job to help cousins/siblings etc to find job or other means to make living? I have not come across such a thinking any place else, other than here when the talk is about Jac family.

I was thinking Miko Brando the other day, and thought that he wasn't too proud to take a bg job, and later set up his own flower shop, even though he was son of the Hollywood legend. He doesn't have that entitlement thingy in him, which I admire of him. There are millions of other kids/siblings/cousins of famous people and they don't go on like some of Michael's family. I suppose I'm coming from neck of the woods, where people are appreciated for what they have done themselves, and not because they happen to have famous family member.

I wonder, lets say Bruce Springsteen's nephew/cousin/sibling carrying on like 3T or other members, would you still think that same way or would you think he is a loser riding on Bruce coattails?
I understand exactly what you're saying and actually agree with that, although I don't think the nephews are bad like certain people sometimes. I was in the middle of trying to edit my post last night when the web site went down, so I wasn't sure how it came out in the end.

But I went off and was reading a piece on Marlon Brando, ironically, and thought about Miko myself. And also thought about Jimmy Osmond, who single handedly got his family back on their feet and now they're all doing quite well on their own.

I think since I grew up with them, and was a kid with them, and watched them all grow up, get married, etc. etc. I feel an affection for some of them. They gave me some happy days, listening to their records and watching them perform on TV. And I was around when jealousy started to rear its ugly head back in 1984, so nothing they do surprises me at all-I I don't love any of them, except Michael, but I do want them to do well, and I don't want them to do anything embarrassing, or marr Michael's legacy. So I do watch all their shows, and listen to their interviews, etc. Sounds bad to say, I guess, but I think I do that with somewhat of a watchful eye.

My knee jerk reaction to working for the estate, I think, has been based on some of the speculation here, and I'm picturing Michael's kids being pressured and bullied and used, I don't want that for them-they certainly don't deserve that. Somebody here (maybe you?) said they didn't do themselves any favors with the talk of Musical Royalty, carrying on the legacy, etc. And I totally agree with that. I would think they would realize that Michael was a one in a billion talent, that doesn't come around but maybe once in a lifetime, and that's why he was all the more astonishing. And just make peace with that and find their own passion in life.

Last edited:
Lovely post Barbee.

You see, there are people that didn't grow up with the family and only knew Michael, but that changed after MJ passing and what came after.
I'm like outsider looking in without feeling that you have when you look at the family and its members, thus my views of their actions are different from yours.

Some just act like they are 'insiders' and family members because of what they read....

They can mention how Randy drove through the gates of Michaels house like a crazy man but they keep out the parts where many of Michaels families were under the impression that it was the people around Michael that kept them apart.. They really did/do believe that it was Michaels entourage taking advantage of Michael and did not want the Jacksons to help situations..

That's the impression they were under, for understandable reasons too... Do you really believe that when Joe walked up to the gate demanding to see Michael that Michael let his family know he wanted them away?? I highly doubt that.. Otherwise why show his face at family functions?

There is a lot more layers and much deeper dynamics in this than "oh Jacksons are bad cuz they did __________"

Woah, woah woah, many Hollywood kids leach of their parents. How many Hollywood kids do you that were more successful than their parents? The Jackson family is like most families in this world, they don't always seen eye to eye on things. I'm pretty disturbed by all the judgment towards the Jackson family on this thread as well as others. Why don't we just stay out of their business and let them as a family work things out.

somewhat like 70% of hollywood are hollywood stars because of family.... Or close friends..

Last edited:
Some just act like they are 'insiders' and family members because of what they read....

They can mention how Randy drove through the gates of Michaels house like a crazy man but they keep out the parts where many of Michaels families were under the impression that it was the people around Michael that kept them apart.. They really did/do believe that it was Michaels entourage taking advantage of Michael and did not want the Jacksons to help situations..

That's the impression they were under, for understandable reasons too... Do you really believe that when Joe walked up to the gate demanding to see Michael that Michael let his family know he wanted them away?? I highly doubt that.. Otherwise why show his face at family functions?

There is a lot more layers and much deeper dynamics in this than "oh Jacksons are bad cuz they did __________"

Actually after his death, his family came out to say that he was hiding from them because he was a ravaging addict. "People are keeping him away from us, we heard in the news he is not doing well we therefore demand to see him ", was their mantra BEFORE his death. This type of stories was regular on the news in the last ten years or so. Roger talked about damaged liver due to alcoholism and drug abuse, on the verge of dying immediately after MJ accused Randy of conspiring with others to get his assets in a deposition under oath. Did not he tell the brothers themselves in Vegas that he did not want to see Randy or Janet?!

How they wanted to help the situation? Katherine wanted money, he had to leave her $ 1 million before he left to Bahrain he had to instruct his lawyers not to give it to her in one payment fearing she was going to spend it and ask for more. Considering that he was heavily in debt not to mention his psychological state Should not they have helped the situation with helping their mother during that difficult time? or more accurately should not they have taken care of their kids and themselves instead of relying on their mother. What reasonable person believes Katherine spent that money on herself? she did not even pay any taxes and left the bills to mount.

Quite f*cked up of the siblings asking him for money, trying to steal from him (Randall and Jermaine) and leaving their mother's care solely over Michael's shoulders when he was trying to have his life back after the worldwide lynching he went through. Business partners stated in 2006 that it was the family who brought weirdness and conflict, NOT Michael. He wanted to get away from them because he got tired every time they went to see him they just wanted something from him, either money or touring.

His actions spoke volumes to me knowing most of the Jackson's had to make appointments to see him, his mother was the only one who could visit him unannounced, having to lie he wasn't at home to not see them and most importantly, having the children and Katherine as the only beneficiaries of his will. If some people don't like some of us calling those vultures out, I don't know what they're doing here commenting, they were capable of doing those horrendous things and some of those things caused Michael to get involved with the Chandlers and Arvizos.

I don't know why they doubt of the autenticity of Glenda's tapes, her husband recorded some of those conversations because he thought Glenda was cheating on him. You can believe what you want bit if some choose to be in denial Michael told their true colors through some of those conversations, it's up to you.

I don't know why they doubt of the autenticity of Glenda's tapes, her husband recorded some of those conversations because he thought Glenda was cheating on him. You can believe what you want bit if some choose to be in denial Michael told their true colors through some of those conversations, it's up to you.

It is not Michael's voice.

Tygger;4111301 said:
It is not Michael's voice.

I am convinced it is Michael.

I don't think the tapes were leaked by Glenda herself, she did not like the attention from fans resulting from the tapes. It was taped by her ex-husband and leaked by her son. She is an ill old woman now. This was a conversation that she had with her daughter in FB in 2009 when fans discovered the tapes and stormed her about them:

Mom did you realize you have two Facebook accounts??? LOL.
4LikeLike ·

Glenda Stein No, but nothing surprises me anymore. Can you write to those people who are so interested in MJ, that the reason he talked with me is; 1) I listened 2) I did not want anything 3) trust. There, that should do it. Even in death, I feel the same. Tell them to get a life. It was a long time ago and it is in the memory book which is locked and will not be opened. Just listen to the tapes, that is all they are going to get.
December 1, 2009 at 8:04pm · Like

Megan Lindsay Stein Done and done...but I do have someone sending me a tape of Dad and myself...I want to share it with Ryan, he has never heard dad's voice before so I am a little anxious and waiting for her to email them to me.
December 1, 2009 at 9:18pm · Like

Glenda Stein I don't think that I would want to hear that. Thank you for trying to put those people off.
December 2, 2009 at 12:10am · Like

Woah, woah woah, many Hollywood kids leach of their parents. How many Hollywood kids do you that were more successful than their parents? The Jackson family is like most families in this world, they don't always seen eye to eye on things. I'm pretty disturbed by all the judgment towards the Jackson family on this thread as well as others. Why don't we just stay out of their business and let them as a family work things out.

If Jackson family members puts themselves in the public, they set themselves to be criticised like any other public person.
If they cannot stand the heat, they can stay out of the kitchen.

Just because there are Jackson fam fans does not mean everybody is, and should be allowed to say their opinion (even if it is not in line with yours).

Last edited:
Back