The "Leaving Neverland" Rant & Support Thread [Merged]

Re: The "Leaving Neverland" Rant & Support Thread

So I watched the whole thing. It's tough, as someone who lived through 93 there was a tiny tiny doubt in my head. It went away but this has brought that doubt back somehow. I can't help it. I might be easily swayed by sad stories maybe, but watching this has really messed up a lot for me

So I watched the whole thing. It's tough, as someone who lived through 93 there was a tiny tiny doubt in my head. It went away but this has brought that doubt back somehow. I can't help it. I might be easily swayed by sad stories maybe, but watching this has really messed up a lot for me

As Michael said,if you hear a lie often enough you begin to believe it.

That's so true and why many fall for it,if some fans have doubt creeping in then the average Joe in the street is certainly bound to have some.

I've said before,I'll not be watching it,I've nothing to gain from doing so.

Last edited:

Well it's four hours of brain washing. Of course it will make you have some doubt about Michael now. It's what the director and accusers want. For everyone to turn against him. It's an extremely one sided and biased documentary.

They still don't have any real evidence at the end of the day and the accusers have credibility issues.

We still have the facts on our side. Michael has been forced to strip down, has had his place turned upside down, had his computer seized,etc. If he was really guilty, they would have found something.

There are also those like Emmanuel Lewis, Omer Betti, McCauley Culkin,etc. Who were around Michael as kids and continue to defend him. He's been around hundreds of kids. It seems he gets accused every 10 years or so. Someone who is truly a pedo isn't going to be able to control themselves.

I think it's good though for fans to talk about this and even express doubt if that's how they're feeling. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. You're entitled to your feelings and opinions.

It's just that the "Leaving Neverland" documentary is so graphic and biased. It's emotional manipulation for four hours.

I'm so glad it's a flop in the ratings so far (at least in the US).

I really need to stop looking at threads on here at work cause it's really no good for my mental health. I don't want to take a few days off because I feel I gotta be "in the know" but I've been a wreck all week and I think I need it. I'm barely eating, barely concentrating at work... nearly broke down at my desk today. I just feel so drained. If this was 03-05 I don't know how if I would have survived.

I really need to stop looking at threads on here at work cause it's really no good for my mental health. I don't want to take a few days off because I feel I gotta be "in the know" but I've been a wreck all week and I think I need it. I'm barely eating, barely concentrating at work... nearly broke down at my desk today. I just feel so drained. If this was 03-05 I don't know how if I would have survived.

Keep your head up :) We are all going through the same thing. But together we are stronger.

Hi all, it's been many years that I've posted here; I was one of the Bad Girls Club veterans lol, back in 2009 when I think this site had a different look and my name was longer. :blush: Needless to say I'm sad and disturbed that all this has been going on, 10 years after his passing. I super hate this public lynching business; it's one of the worst things any human can go through. I know from my own experiences, and that of another one of my personal heroes who went through that, leading to his death. It's disgusting to see the effects of "mob/crowd psychology"; especially when it concerns someone so grand and genius, I feel like the jealous haters come out of the woods in droves like never before. I hate it when my heroes get attacked like this. I have a hard time listening to "Earth Song", "Heal the World", YANA and "Stranger in Moscow" without feeling teary.

Surprised to see that this documentary has actually created doubt in or outright convinced some hardcore fans. It's incredibly sad. I'm curious, what was presented that is so convincing in spite of the facts we have?

I haven't seen it and I have no intention of wasting 4 hours doing so, but if you're having doubts, just remember that these accusers are proven liars. Their stories are not consistent in the slightest. The truth does not change. The truth is consistent.

I watch a lot of true crime documentaries - and I mean A LOT - and when someone is telling the truth, they will repeat the same story over and over again with little to no variation in detail, years after the event, even decades. From what I gather, these two can't keep their stories straight for 5 minutes. Also, it's not just a coincidence that these allegations came about in the way they did. It all comes back to money. It always does. If someone who is actually credible ever came forward and said something had happened, that would be a different story. But that is not the case here. It has never been the case. There is no evidence. Nothing has changed except a completely and deliberately one-sided documentary now exists that was carefully constructed to shock and disgust, because that kind of emotion is what grips people, sticks with them, and feeds outrage culture and the media.

Discernment is so important nowadays. Any media you consume that you allow to shape your opinion of a subject needs to be unbiased and balanced. Both sides of the story should be presented with the known facts and available evidence laid out for you to make up your own mind. This documentary doesn't want you to make up your own mind, it wants to shock you and feed you a narrative that is being put forth by two people who have shown repeatedly that they can't be trusted. They are painting Michael in a way that is totally contradictory to his nature. What we know to be true not just from our own experience but from the people who were very close to him.

Anyway, just remember to practice self-care and look within for the truth. What does your heart tell you? What do you feel when you look at Michael? Listen to your intuition.

Surprised to see that this documentary has actually created doubt in or outright convinced some hardcore fans. It's incredibly sad. I'm curious, what was presented that is so convincing in spite of the facts we have?

I haven't seen it and I have no intention of wasting 4 hours doing so, but if you're having doubts, just remember that these accusers are proven liars. Their stories are not consistent in the slightest. The truth does not change. The truth is consistent.

I watch a lot of true crime documentaries - and I mean A LOT - and when someone is telling the truth, they will repeat the same story over and over again with little to no variation in detail, years after the event, even decades. From what I gather, these two can't keep their stories straight for 5 minutes. Also, it's not just a coincidence that these allegations came about in the way they did. It all comes back to money. It always does. If someone who is actually credible ever came forward and said something had happened, that would be a different story. But that is not the case here. It has never been the case. There is no evidence. Nothing has changed except a completely and deliberately one-sided documentary now exists that was carefully constructed to shock and disgust, because that kind of emotion is what grips people, sticks with them, and feeds outrage culture and the media.

Discernment is so important nowadays. Any media you consume that you allow to shape your opinion of a subject needs to be unbiased and balanced. Both sides of the story should be presented with the known facts and available evidence laid out for you to make up your own mind. This documentary doesn't want you to make up your own mind, it wants to shock you and feed you a narrative that is being put forth by two people who have shown repeatedly that they can't be trusted. They are painting Michael in a way that is totally contradictory to his nature. What we know to be true not just from our own experience but from the people who were very close to him.

Anyway, just remember to practice self-care and look within for the truth. What does your heart tell you? What do you feel when you look at Michael? Listen to your intuition.

What created a doubt with me is that in some way it makes sense. Because they don't really paint him to be a monster, and the facts that we have, and the contradictions in their stories are kind of explained, and it makes you think. If you've lied about a childhood experience to everyone and even to yourself for years, the truth can come out in bits and pieces, you might say something that not excactly happened, and then you edit yourself slowly as you feel more comfortable talking about it.
So the problem for me now are those last lines you wrote, it has messed with my intuition.

just found out our local radio stations have decided to stop playing mj music! i cant belive it all cuz of those twats if they are lying hope they proud of them selves

Hello, longtime supporter here. I really wanted to reach out with my thoughts/ feedback to the reactions of many here after this latest salacious twist but having been non active on forums since mj's death I had to wait to post here. I wanted to share this in the trials and tribulations section in the post about asking tough questions. And also an overlap with the resources thread. I've been far away from the fan activism side and honestly surprised its still going strong so many years after 2009 ..so while I believe MJ here and in my own scale vehemently defended him in 2003, I do want to share that I have a slightly different perspective with regards to my response to the latest situation here. I have not had the time to research this but my experience of fan activism back then made me feel like mj fans pretty much set the precedent for any kind of disparate but global show of support for a cause. And so it's no surprise that the army is out there again, many in the front lines.. but there is this structure to social media and I feel like its dictating too much. And I'm getting a sense of cacophony to all the support, I can only imagine to an outsider it heightens the experience. The messaging to proclaim mj's character as opposite to the current lurid claims is too fragmented. To those of you feeling so much physical and emotional stress from defending online, don't do this to yourself, losing sleep/going without food. Yes, the situation is terrible, you want to fight etc but let not this response become a machine that eats you up. Taking care of yourself, your sanity your health and your family needs is equally important. There are many things mj said that made a strong impression on me and are just sitting there in my head ready to play. One of them is, that children shouldn't have to compete with the evening news to get your attention. Right now his name is on the news but don't lose track of your priorities or responsibilities. Just a reminder to those who may be too engrossed, don't mean to be preachy. Please don't expect the estate to behave like fan, it's healthy to forget they exist.
I'm not ablo be as organized, efficient or careful with my typing here so please excuse anything amiss.. before I continue, I want to point to
& emphasize the super insightful points made by a user 'kilrahi' in the trial & tribulations section..

This all boils down to who you believe. Different from who you believe in. Nothing else matters. Not the court documents, not the proof, not the pictures etc. Because that is the world. It is dualistic in nature. There has been this Dr.jekyl & mr.hyde insinuation about mj for a long time now, as a fan you need to realize & accept this dictate of society. So... Who do you believe? It's the only question that you need to be able to answer without pause. Again .. The question is not " who would you rather believe?" It is simply, "who do you believe?" You have to start from there and acknowledge if you are comfortable with how you got there.
That's really the only one to answer. Because there are others to get mired into, like ' if mj were alive and said no, I didn't ask safechuck or this mom anything, I didn't call' would you believe MJ? Did anyone save verifiable phone records? Are they reliable? There will always be some rabbithole but the question at the end is always is this true? So the only thing to ask is, who do you believe now?

And to answer that question, you need hear from both sides.
They said, he did this. You need to hear from the other side. And you haven't. So, you may want to believe them, doesn't change the fact that you unfairly did not hear from the other side. So all the people 'believing' them, are doing it knowing but not openly acknowledging that they haven't heard the other side.. It is for them to question why they need to believe only one side to come to a conclusion. This isn't your regular metoo story. The accused is non existent now, no chance of hearing his version. A basic social and legal tenet of human interaction has been abandoned. This needs to be highlighted. I did read one or two articles about this but this shouldn't be given the wide pass that it has been given.
This is the biggest flaw in this a/v production parading around as a documentary. Mj fans need to re-strategize and make a trending hashtag of it. Every place it is called a documentary should be called out with a good hash tag decrying that description. For that matter, I feel like mj innocent hash tag doesn't work that good. From what I've been reading, one of the pro mj people said 'mj's no innocent but he didn't do that'. So I think #ibelievemj would be a less fan-ny / more real world hashtag that more people will get behind.

Now regards hearing from the other side... Mj is not around. Again, this needs to be highlighted like crazy. How many thousands of news articles on this subject? Do any of them actually mention the words 'late' Michael Jackson? Do any of them mention " Michael Jackson died in 2009 "...
There is this perpetuation of an idea that this person still exists, it's a very convenient use of a nice less explored corner of psychology here, but it plays well into the notion of business as an entity. Basically all these radio DJs not wanting to play his music, removing his statues, removing his name... You think for a minute they care about anything other than losing $$$? If you don't uphold the principle of letting someone defend their name, don't talk about any principles thereafter to me. DJs will be worried about losing advertiser support, so let them do their boycott thing. If you like your mj music, you no longer need the radio to listen to it.. it's 2019. Don't be so worried about the symbolism. Less symbolism is good for a true legacy. Mj made good use of the visual image to reach a wider audience but it doubles as an eroding agent in time. A more iron clad reach he had was his voice. So..coming back... How can mj speak for himself? He is dead. But I'm sure he left some recordings.. :)
I have heard mj say he wanted to be a voice for the voiceless. And now he is there one without a voice? Let mj be heard. In social media & on TV. Instead of regurtitating the news & responses, and RTs.

Please chill a bit with the video montages, the rebuttals, the infographics - family, fans, friends. Everytime an mj supporter goes on air, instead of speaking, can they play a clip of mj speaking? A more unified response where the one voice that needs to heard is given airtime. That may be a far more effective protest of this entire shock and awe strategy used by the accusing team. A way of celebrating mj's legacy is to cut down the amount of airtime this terrible narrative gets. Mj name in the news shouldn't be synonomous with buzz words of child abuse. Supporters need not feel pressured to engage in a conversation they are not comfortable having. I can only recall how shocked I was at Oprah's question to mj in the 93 interview whether he was a virgin. I could never respect her because of that. There are still some people in the world who don't want to speak about everything and it's ok.

It would be great to have easy access to a compilation of short audio clips of mj .. one I'm thinking of is his denial in the Diane Sawyer interview. "... That's a nut, go to the guy down the street, that's not Michael Jackson"

So my rant is coming to an end, sorry I'm one of those I have big ideas but can't stick around to do anything more. That's just where I am. Hope this helped some with the trauma they are going through. That's what it is. I rmbr reading on cnn in 2003 " what should we tell our children" and I was enraged. The article went on with some psychologist tips .. I say it's about time the tables turned. What about all the trauma faced by supporters of mj? Where is the responsible, sensitive reporting calls in that scenario?
It's all double standards, all the time, as an mj fan I have learned that very very valuable lesson.

Thank you, everyone, for the comfort and support that you are offering to each other in this thread.

Stay the course. Keep the faith.

Michael never gave up and neither will we.

Screw those radio stations that are dropping his music.

I'm going to bookmark MJ Tunes - Michael Jackson Radio.
Michael Jackson, all day, every day, all over the world.

http://www.mjtunes.com/

I don't post much but I feel the need to rant a little since I'm too afraid to talk to anyone in my personal about this

I really find I have not been my happy self ever since when I found out about this horrible "Documentary" came out I find its been a rough start to the year for me
but my stress has gotten worse after its been shown on HBO and everything plus seeing clips of the interview I feel like I am dying inside and some days I just don't know what to do with myself like I'll be at work and feeling anxious and impatient as like I wanna be looking at my phone in the internet and then I see something negative like some celebrities believing wade and james and hearing of radio stations banning his music and it just kills me I just can't believe that this is happening again and I don't know what to say to people if they talk to me about it, I've not heard anyone in my life mention it but gosh I just don't know what to do anymore because I am finding it very hard to focus on myself and other important things in my life and though I know that its not healthy I can't seem to keep myself calm and I'm always anxiously trying to find out what is going on and everything I don't know anymore.

Yeah, I feel miserable too. Had an "argument" with a family member who told me to "open my eyes and my mind"! And to think "rationally"! This is so frustrating! And then their sole argument for Michael's guilt is that he was a "grown man cuddling with boys". If people you love don't want to hear you out on the subject and think you are the irrational person it really quite hurts. You would think they think better of you.

Yeah, I feel miserable too. Had an "argument" with a family member who told me to "open my eyes and my mind"! And to think "rationally"! This is so frustrating! And then their sole argument for Michael's guilt is that he was a "grown man cuddling with boys". If people you love don't want to hear you out on the subject and think you are the irrational person it really quite hurts. You would think they think better of you.

As others have rightly said,the sharing a bed with kids is a massive downfall in any argument,you simply can't defend it,no matter what the motif.

Most just take the likes of that,the fact MJ was different,Neverland being a playground,throw in the accusations and they come to their conclusions.

Yes, I'm surprised by this too! Seems like people still have some sort of open-mindedness left, because in these days you are told to criticize and questioning "fake news" or whatever. Also the "don't kick on a dead corpse" may be to MJ's advantage, since he can't defend himself. But we will always do!!

What created a doubt with me is that in some way it makes sense. Because they don't really paint him to be a monster, and the facts that we have, and the contradictions in their stories are kind of explained, and it makes you think. If you've lied about a childhood experience to everyone and even to yourself for years, the truth can come out in bits and pieces, you might say something that not excactly happened, and then you edit yourself slowly as you feel more comfortable talking about it.
So the problem for me now are those last lines you wrote, it has messed with my intuition.

Okay. Have you seen all of the points raised in this post? - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...SSION-THREAD?p=4246370&viewfull=1#post4246370

Because I find it so hard to believe that anything coming from these two could possible be true given such dodgy behaviour. It doesn't add up if they have a genuine case.

I am so sad to see on other threads on this forum, fans having doubts. I know it is human nature and all of that but it pains me that this is happening, 10 years after his death. Even in death he is still hounded. Still the most talked about person. I have been a fan for 36 years. I have been through the court transcripts, the FBI files. I have done my research and am confident in my conclusion as a rational human being, that Michael was NOT GUILTY. It pains me to see what is happening today. Just had to put it out there somewhere.

Mark lester said he found it very boring they kept repeating the same thing over and again.

And as for sleeping in beds with kids i thought Michael always said the kids slept in his bed and he slept on the floor.

I literally cannot believe what we are having to endure right now :cry:

I just watched the first part of leaving neverland was a lot of rubbish they didn't even do a good job here was me saying i heard they gave a Oscar winning performance i have to admit i feel let down the acting was terrible.

That safechuck was laughing and smiling when he was describing himself being abused who does that i wouldn't be laughing and smiling if i was recalling about a man making me preform sick sex acts as a child. And also i don't think his mother believes he was abused from watching her interviews.

The good news:

-Every poll Ive seen online about whether to keep listening to Michael Jacksons music has 70 to 85% of the replies agreeing to keep listening to MJ.

-The public poll about whether or not to keep the Cirque Du Soleil MJ show had 82% support to keep it

-Reading comments on both Facebook and Twitter I would say through this ENTIRE saga about 75 to 80% of all the replies are PRO MJ. This is huge! As its not just MJ fans, its the public. I am shocked at how supportive the general public has been so far. The media has been brutal and cruel, but outside of their media bubble the reaction is way more PRO MJ. Only the crazy METOO crowd is against him.

-While this is damaging in the short term, providing nothing explosive develops in the coming weeks I think it will blow over.

-99% of all worldwide radio stations are still playing MJ. The media has obviously blown up the few that have decided to Mute MJ, but the vast majority have simply not done anything.

-Michael Jackson's album sales have surged over the past few days. Its my strong guess that after this coming weekend (Mon-Tues) you'll hear how sales of Michael Jackson's albums have climbed significantly across the entire world.

-Since this entire fiasco began getting big media attention a week ago, MJ's official YOUTUBE channel has seen an incredible 10 MILLION new views!

-Slowly you are seeing celebrities come forward supporting Michael Jackson (TI, Aaron Carter, Macaulay Culkin, Stevie Wonder, Rodney Jerkins, etc), as well as many others like his former nanny, friends, and family

-I've personally heard 5 MJ songs on public radio stations this week, not bad at all if you ask me.

^^^
Reading your post made me feel better about all this.

Thank you :)

The good news:

-Every poll Ive seen online about whether to keep listening to Michael Jacksons music has 70 to 85% of the replies agreeing to keep listening to MJ.

-The public poll about whether or not to keep the Cirque Du Soleil MJ show had 82% support to keep it

-Reading comments on both Facebook and Twitter I would say through this ENTIRE saga about 75 to 80% of all the replies are PRO MJ. This is huge! As its not just MJ fans, its the public. I am shocked at how supportive the general public has been so far. The media has been brutal and cruel, but outside of their media bubble the reaction is way more PRO MJ. Only the crazy METOO crowd is against him.

-While this is damaging in the short term, providing nothing explosive develops in the coming weeks I think it will blow over.

-99% of all worldwide radio stations are still playing MJ. The media has obviously blown up the few that have decided to Mute MJ, but the vast majority have simply not done anything.

-Michael Jackson's album sales have surged over the past few days. Its my strong guess that after this coming weekend (Mon-Tues) you'll hear how sales of Michael Jackson's albums have climbed significantly across the entire world.

-Since this entire fiasco began getting big media attention a week ago, MJ's official YOUTUBE channel has seen an incredible 10 MILLION new views!

-Slowly you are seeing celebrities come forward supporting Michael Jackson (TI, Aaron Carter, Macaulay Culkin, Stevie Wonder, Rodney Jerkins, etc), as well as many others like his former nanny, friends, and family

-I've personally heard 5 MJ songs on public radio stations this week, not bad at all if you ask me.

Just goes to show you that the magic continues. Nobody wanted to hear that mess! God is good, all the time!

The good news:

The "documentary" is having the opposite effect to their intentions to some degree so far, it seems. Hopefully this whole circus blows up in their faces. People do not like being told what to think, it generates a big pushback, and also the increased awareness of media manipulation and lies is very prevalent now. I have seen a lot of people on Twitter using that MJInnocent pic of the facts about the accusers. That was a great idea. That's what is needed at times like this, the facts clearly compiled in one image that can be easily spread across social media.
There is so much support on Twitter. Even the people who are on the fence don't agree with this when Michael isn't here to defend himself. All of the self-righteous YouTubers and celebrities who tweet BS about MJ end up getting destroyed in the replies.

I gotta laugh when I witness somebody getting blocked on Facebook because they proved that Tom Sneddon falsified evidence in the MJ trial.

Nvm. Posted in the wrong thread.

So weary today. It seems that every time fans point something out the British press, daily mail being the worst, will create a story on that subject but with a different and damning to MJ slant to it. Lastest being related to the FBI, stating that a ‘source’ claims that an earlier FBI investigation was dropped because of MJ being up to receive a presidential award. Although they also state that a grand jury failed to indict in the chandler case, the only reason it wasn’t pursued was that chandler was paid off.

Today i I feel powerless and can’t help but feel that the press and a good proportion of the general public won’t be happy until we see a Savillie type conclusion here in the UK.

Sorry to be so down but this is the rant thread and my heart is breaking and I’ll be honest, I am really scared.

I am actually quite optimistic about the future. I know when we read the tabloid headlines and see reports of radio stations banning his music that it is not good news. However what I see is this:

The poor ratings of the documentary indicate that the wider world have grown weary of these claims.

Many people have been poking alot of holes in both the format of the documentary and the claims made. The media are ignoring these at the moment, however as more people challenge it I don't think they will be able to continue to ignore it.

I actually think this could be a catalyst for people to realise that there has been a witch-hunt against him. Had this horrible episode not happened then there would always be a cloud over the legacy. I believe this could actually be the opportunity to resolve it all.

I also think this will raise big questions about what the media are not reporting about other issues. The concept of fake news has been a big issue for a while now but here we have a tangible case study.

Finally, look at what MJ fans have achieved over the last few weeks. It's incredible. Name me another fanbase that fights for their hero as much as MJ fans have. I have never been more proud to be an MJ fan.

Thank you. You are right of course, I was optimistic yesterday and I think I’m just tired today. Seeing lies or not quite lies but the truth being down played and hidden is extremely frustrating because little can actually be done about the press, therefore, it’s just exhausting. Will try and not focus on that today.

Back