The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

I bought tickets to see the show in Houston on Feb. 11, 2012 and June 23, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas. :wild: I'm counting days..........can't wait! :timer:

I just took a look at the review comments on ticketmaster.com and I was surprised to see many mediocre feedbacks. Many complained about the loudness of music, poor seating, slow storyline, lack of flow, and technical errors. Some of the reviews are harsher than media reviews. But, comments here are overwhelmingly positive.
I'm sure the show is great. But, Cirque may want to take a look to the general feedbacks and continue to fine tune the show.

Tweets from people who've seen the immortal show or going to see it

Michael Jackson Immortal Tour by Cirque Du Soliel was amazing! You should see it if it comes to a town near you

Huge spectacle..what I learned from the Cirque Michael Jackson show was the gaping creative hole he left in death.

Buen homenaje a Michael Jackson del cirque du soleil #theinmortal

El cirque du soleil de Michael Jackson es un MUSTTTT!!!!!! Dije un M U S T!!!!! Vivaaaaa MJ fooorevvver woooooow

Cirque Du Soleil Michael Jackson show. WOW

Michael Jackson cirque show was AMAZING!!!! 💙

Michael Jackson cirque du soleil. #dontstop #tillyougetenough

the @Cirque Michael Jackson Immortal Tour @MandalayBay in #Vegas!I love this show!Love the vocalists and my #VeteranZ

my computer is freezing up but there's literally hundreds of tweets talking about how they loved the show

https://twitter.com/tajjackson3
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@AnneM_B: I'm going to Immortal Jan 27 at Staples. Sooo excited, gr8 seats! Bought my tix Nov 2010 :))” That's when I hope to go :)
46 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I remember the day my uncle Michael told me that he wanted to have a Cirque show. Now it's here. Can't wait to see it.
58 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@alyssaaaa_xo: @tajjackson3 do you like the Immortal album? What's your favorite mix?” Smooth Criminal.. Always loved that song!!!
1 hour ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
@MusicMechanik. I'm sure it is. I've only heard great things about it. I loved the album. However it made me miss my uncle even more.
1 hour ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@MusicMechanik: Why no fam fanfare about Immortal shows?” Haven't seen it yet. It comes to LA end of month. Bought the album though. :)
1 hour ago

**OT, but cirque-related

What is a day in the life of a performer in Cirque du Soleil?

Would be interesting to know from various perspectives of the different types of performers, and if it changes dramatically from a touring show to a stationary one.

Dan Miethke, Firedancer, Cirque du Soleil artist188 votes by John Clover, Christine Choi, Hongwan Liu, (more)

Well, as far as my day here on a resident show:

First & before all else, Coffee.

I have long mornings, and make the most of it, doing the majority of my reading, internet etc. going for a run on the trails nearby or a swim if its summer.

If I have a training session or fire rehearsal scheduled for the afternoon, head in a bit early, I live 10 minutes drive from the theatre. I usually like to have at least a 30 minute warmup before my practice sessions down in our training room.

My practice sessions are a scheduled 1.5 hours long.
I coach the two other artists in my act. For the fire rehearsals I have to submit a list of props I'd like fuelled and a plan for the session 2 days in advance so they can schedule the necessary technicians.

I generally spend rehearsal time either touching up on moves that might be less than perfect, or working on new tricks I want to bring to the stage.

main-qimg-d5edb89fcf1774583f49af7aea372f7f
main-qimg-1468f3da9d7a6cc798547baa66413b90

After practice, shower, eat or gulp down some protein shake, sometimes I have a 30 minute massage scheduled in or a 30 minutes physio appointment with our performance medicine department.

Do makeup. When you first learn it takes you 2 hours. There's prep and a base layer, setting and then powders ontop. Although they would like us to take at least 45 minutes to an hour on it most of us have it done in 30 minutes (don't tell!).

Usually I have 20 minutes to spare before the start of show so I snag a couch in the green room and read or browse online. Others play pool or ping pong.

5-10 minutes before show start I get into costume and head to the training room, do some light stretching, say hi to a few people, get on the last bits of costume, head upstairs for my first cues as 'the Sage'.
I watch benevolantly from a balcony as the show comes to life, then run upstairs to get hooked up by the riggers for a flight 30 meters over the audience.

main-qimg-69b37f565d1a2063698bb3e4e81bf4d4

main-qimg-bb9c8601f97b9df65342ef2f98be648b

My act is near the end with no cues in the middle so I have the whole show to warmup. I like a 45 minute warmup, unless I'm already warm from a rehearsal earlier in which case I'll just go over some moves.
The training room has a nice soundsystem and we have some music going down there. I've been quite particular to dubstep to get me in the mood lately.

main-qimg-12d78071ba38aea0e69d289d98991b92

Then its time to head up to stage and bust out a performance.
My act is 6 minutes of running, jumping, kicking and high intensity martial arts style prop manipulation on fire.
This is where the training, the warmup and my mental preparation all comes to a focal point as I run out to begin. I try to embody the strength of my character in the intro section and then allow the muscle memory to take over and my body to flow through the patterns.
I try to focus on projecting my character with my body, expressions and voice right out to the people in the back seats.
Deep breaths to keep the oxygen flowing and relax as much as I can through the fire and the movements.

This can really be fun if i'm feeling good and we have a responsive crowd. It can be a drag if i'm sick or low energy.
Either way I'm usually pumped once I come off stage, I feel alive and usually pretty happy about what I've managed to do.

main-qimg-45f0cc3dd96adf21f52261a5ac19ba2b

main-qimg-6b904e01bd05fe61508af13ed97ca8d5

After I get offstage I have about 3 minutes to stretch out, catch my breath and get into my harness before my last cue, a final aerial flight over the stage.
Run out for bows. Hopefully its a good audience thats appreciated the work tonight. It really does make a difference to us if the audience cheers, makes it all worth it.

Run offstage, I usually have to give a little feedback to the techs that work on my props for the act as they are delicate and it's a fiddly process.

Head down to dressing rooms, shower, makeup off. Sometimes head down to the training room to do some weights training and stretching, sometimes head straight home. The show finish's at 9:30 but if I'm training I might get home by midnight.

Compliment the girlfriend on the (hopefully) delicious meal she's cooked.
Beer, internet, movies, sleep, rinse, repeat.

On my show we have 8-12 shows, 6 nights a week. So it can get pretty repetitive. You have to find ways to make it work for you. Either to stay inspired and teach yourself new skills, or study by correspondence etc.

We dont get much chance to party, one day isn't really enough to recover and we work double shows public holidays (xmas and new years on stage). But when we do get the opportunity we make the most of it.

main-qimg-6c425fed0fc7e2e14e41be7ebbda4551
main-qimg-a7567c883bf46469b8b50737a292cf13

Every 4-5 weeks we get three days off which is a dream. Every 4 months we get a week 'dark' (no show) which we count down for eagerly, like kids for xmas. Our show is in Asia so most artists fly out for a dark, either home or to holiday nearby in bali, thailand, philippines etc.

main-qimg-be1ae64e963d6e5f6916d6a82ac5933c

It can be physically gruelling at times. Unlike competitive athletes we have no off season, we're on, performing at high level, every night, often twice a night, so the body just doesn't get the down time to recover from injuries as quickly as usual.

Good maintenance, plenty of sleep and finding the right pace is the best way I've found to keep myself prime and ready to give it all to the stage night after night.

Stay light, Burn bright.

Here's a clip that shows the two chinese dancers I've trained in firedancing doing some of their crazy jumps
http://vimeo.com/28096368

A technical clip of some of my double staff training
http://vimeo.com/32248023

Unfortunatly I can't post any footage from the show, but here's a short bit from a fire swords performance of mine at Burning Man in 2011
http://vimeo.com/32355205

My own website, with a list of the places I travelled performing with fire before cirque, is www.sparkfiredance.com

main-qimg-1218988007664043e57043258cd7f361

main-qimg-5e1660ba9f31a160021a4f01f36989d7

http://www.quora.com/Cirque-du-Sole...-of-a-performer-in-Cirque-du-Soleil#ans897284

Tue Jan 03 11:49:24 PST 2012
[h=2]Cirque du Soleil fills up Taco Bell Arena[/h] view full article

I just took a look at the review comments on ticketmaster.com and I was surprised to see many mediocre feedbacks. Many complained about the loudness of music, poor seating, slow storyline, lack of flow, and technical errors. Some of the reviews are harsher than media reviews. But, comments here are overwhelmingly positive.
I'm sure the show is great. But, Cirque may want to take a look to the general feedbacks and continue to fine tune the show.

The show is generally great but all the flaws you mentioned here are all quite true. The music is loud (which I actually liked it because it really is like a concert.) Slow storyline and lack of flow. Will basically most of the Cirque's show don't really have much of storyline so I won't complains that too much. The technique errors. The problem in my show is quite obvious that everyone can notice it. However, I think the biggest problem is the poor seating. I think half of the audience would sit in place that you can't view the whole show. The seat chart design is horrible. I really don't know what the hell are they thinking.

The show is generally great but all the flaws you mentioned here are all quite true. The music is loud (which I actually liked it because it really is like a concert.) Slow storyline and lack of flow. Will basically most of the Cirque's show don't really have much of storyline so I won't complains that too much. The technique errors. The problem in my show is quite obvious that everyone can notice it. However, I think the biggest problem is the poor seating. I think half of the audience would sit in place that you can't view the whole show. The seat chart design is horrible. I really don't know what the hell are they thinking.
It's quite disappointing to hear they have such poor seating chart design. They have to understand that tickets to the show are not cheap. I can understand why people get angry when they paid over $200 for a ticket and still can't have full view of the show. The feedbacks left by people on ticketmaster shall be taken seriously. Those are not "haters", but people who paid money to see the show. Again, I know the show is great. I hope they'll make some changes to the seating chart, so more people can have better experience.

"The music is too loud"..?? !

I'm sorry...I just find that funny...or odd...:scratch:

I know right? but i guess comments from u guys is more important to me than casual-fans so at the end of the day i'm happy. hopefully the fine-tuning is done by the time it hits the international stage

Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil Reviews - The Best Show Ever!

On December 31st, 2011, I ended my year in pure awe, and after reading some of the other Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil reviews from this same night I realize that I am not the only one who felt this way.
Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour was performed in Phoenix, Arizona at the US Airways Center, and this show was on FIRE. I am still beaming from it. I can honestly say that I still don't have the words to express my astonishment.
I have never ever EVER been so moved by one single performance. It truly was the most unbelievably beautiful show I have ever seen performed on stage. I have seen numerous Cirque du Soleil shows that I have literally lost count. They have all been more than impressive, yet I've never said to myself "I will definitely be going to that one again".
Seeing Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour changed that for me within the first 30 seconds.
If you know anything about Cirque, (and even if you don't you will now) you'll know that with every single performance:
A) the music is live, and INCREDIBLE
B) the dancing and acrobatics are world-class and often have you forgetting they are human beings
C) the stage mechanics are enough to make your brain hurt
D) the makeup and costumes are perfection
Now... if you combine all of these "typical" (and I only use this word in the most complimentary of ways) along with the music, the beats, the dance and the SOUL of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, then you have yourself the most soul-touching musical performance imaginable.
From Thriller, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, Dancing Machine, Black or White, Human Nature, Man in the Mirror...... and 3 hours worth........... combined with Cirque du Soleil's magic.
Picture something incredible and then multiply it by 1000.
There you go. That's close to what I felt.
Like I already said, I really don't have words. You'll just have to trust in my one little Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson review, and hopefully it will encourage you and those you know to go see this some day. No I am not a rep promoting sales. I just honestly feel that I need to share this with any of you who are questioning paying the price of the tickets. I like the share my opinions on this kind of thing.
With the exception of a few Canadian cities, Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil The Immortal World Tour is scheduled to tour the United States throughout the first half of 2012. If you can get tickets you MUST see this!
I can only hope that it ends up in Las Vegas for the long term. I will be back without a single doubt.
Article Source: http://www.streetarticles.com/perfo...n-cirque-du-soleil-reviews-the-best-show-ever

It's quite disappointing to hear they have such poor seating chart design. They have to understand that tickets to the show are not cheap. I can understand why people get angry when they paid over $200 for a ticket and still can't have full view of the show. The feedbacks left by people on ticketmaster shall be taken seriously. Those are not "haters", but people who paid money to see the show. Again, I know the show is great. I hope they'll make some changes to the seating chart, so more people can have better experience.

I know, and it's actually quite frustrated when you paid 200 bucks and can't see the whole things. However, I really don't know how can they solve the problem unless they are willing to sacrifice the first half of the seat on the side and floor too. Don't think they will do that. People who pay less money might actually get a better view. What I am going to do is after I saw the show in vegas, I bought the tickets for the one in my city and hope the seat is back enough to see the full view. SIGH. The video on the screen really look so good that I wanted to see the full view.

Isn't it the same thing when you go to a concert? All the seats in the arena aren't the best.

OT: Thomas Hubener, one of the cast members, tweeted they might be in France in April 2013

Tomslyde @maelyana merci! On passe peut etre en France en avril 2013...

Cool for France! :)

The article about life as a cirque artist, lol I can confirm the coffee thing, lol, most of them do that first! I know Philipp is chasing Starbucks coffee in cities Hahahaha!

I know, and it's actually quite frustrated when you paid 200 bucks and can't see the whole things. However, I really don't know how can they solve the problem unless they are willing to sacrifice the first half of the seat on the side and floor too. Don't think they will do that. People who pay less money might actually get a better view. What I am going to do is after I saw the show in vegas, I bought the tickets for the one in my city and hope the seat is back enough to see the full view. SIGH. The video on the screen really look so good that I wanted to see the full view.
If I knew I may not get full view in the floor section, I would have paid less for other section. I bought my tickets the first day tickets became available. Mine are floor section, right side, row 3. The problem is that the remaining tickets for shows in NY are not that good. The best available are the 300 sections, which are far from the stage. Oh well... It is what it is. Hopefully, the stage setup in MSG will be better.

If I knew I may not get full view in the floor section, I would have paid less for other section. I bought my tickets the first day tickets became available. Mine are floor section, right side, row 3. The problem is that the remaining tickets for shows in NY are not that good. The best available are the 300 sections, which are far from the stage. Oh well... It is what it is. Hopefully, the stage setup in MSG will be better.

I think it shouldn't be that bad, you'll be able to see them close, the make up, their faces, their moves, the center stage is not so big so you'll see most of it, and you'll be far enough from the main stage to see quite everything, you'll miss feet, of course, but you'll have beautiful view I think. Row 3 is awesome :)

Isn't it the same thing when you go to a concert? All the seats in the arena aren't the best.
The thing is some of the people who complained about poor seating chart design are not the one who got the cheapest tickets and sat at the very back of the venue. Those people paid VIP price hoping to get the best view. I haven't seen the show, so I don't know why people who sit in the floor section, supposed to be the best and most expansive, couldn't see the whole show. They didn't complain for no reason.

I think it shouldn't be that bad, you'll be able to see them close, the make up, their faces, their moves, the center stage is not so big so you'll see most of it, and you'll be far enough from the main stage to see quite everything, you'll miss feet, of course, but you'll have beautiful view I think. Row 3 is awesome :)
Thanks. I hope so. I'm super excited about the show. Was actually thinking about getting tickets for another one in NY in April. Unfortunately, all the good seats are gone by now.

Has anyone been in any nosebleed seats for any of the shows, and if yes, how was the view? I'm going to the 1/18 show in oakland, Cali but I could only get a group of 6 tickets or the far back upper level.. The only thing I like is that's it's at least in the center of the stage and not off to the sides at all.. Any suggestions or comments on previous experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)

The thing is some of the people who complained about poor seating chart design are not the one who got the cheapest tickets and sat at the very back of the venue. Those people paid VIP price hoping to get the best view. I haven't seen the show, so I don't know why people who sit in the floor section, supposed to be the best and most expansive, couldn't see the whole show. They didn't complain for no reason.

Yes, that's the problems. The best seat for the floor is after the small stage which is quite a small area. If you sit in between the main stage and the small stage than you have to turn your head back and forward like watching tennis matches.

Only the people after small stage can see the full view. It's not just the people in the floor. All the people on the side view before small stage suffered on seeing the full view. I can never understand why they put the seat chart and the price like that. I think the people with strict view should pay less. It really sucks when you pay 200 bucks and only see part of the show. I can only cross my finger that this time my seat is far away enough. lol I never though I would wish I can seat more far away from the stage.

Has anyone been in any nosebleed seats for any of the shows, and if yes, how was the view? I'm going to the 1/18 show in oakland, Cali but I could only get a group of 6 tickets or the far back upper level.. The only thing I like is that's it's at least in the center of the stage and not off to the sides at all.. Any suggestions or comments on previous experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)

I think as long as it's center face to the stage and the seat is after the small stage, it should be good. Base on my experience, I wish I spend less money and get seats far back.

Thanks. I hope so. I'm super excited about the show. Was actually thinking about getting tickets for another one in NY in April. Unfortunately, all the good seats are gone by now.

ha ha that's what I did. However, I tried all the combinations on ticketmaster and the only seat I can got is still from the side view. The only good thing is at least it might be far away enough from the stage this time. Love the show and hope I can see the whole thing this time.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the problems. The best seat for the floor is after the small stage which is quite a small area. If you sit in between the main stage and the small stage than you have to turn your head back and forward like watching tennis matches.

Only the people after small stage can see the full view. It's not just the people in the floor. All the people on the side view before small stage suffered on seeing the full view. I can never understand why they put the seat chart and the price like that. I think the people with strict view should pay less. It really sucks when you pay 200 bucks and only see part of the show. I can only cross my finger that this time my seat is far away enough. lol I never though I would wish I can seat more far away from the stage.

I think as long as it's center face to the stage and the seat is after the small stage, it should be good. Base on my experience, I wish I spend less money and get seats far back.

ha ha that's what I did. However, I tried all the combinations on ticketmaster and the only seat I can got is still from the side view. The only good thing is at least it might be far away enough from the stage this time. Love the show and hope I can see the whole thing this time.

Lol... I must have entered that security code like twenty times on ticketmaster, trying to find good tickets. Same here, I could only get side view at the back.

Based on what I have read on ticketmaster, people generally like the show. I believe if they alter the seating chart, work on the technical errors and adjust the sound level accordingly (seems like people who complain about the sound watched the show in Vegas, may be the venue is smaller so the sound hit harder,) people will have a better viewing experience.

Lol... I must have entered that security code like twenty times on ticketmaster, trying to find good tickets. Same here, I could only get side view at the back.

Based on what I have read on ticketmaster, people generally like the show. I believe if they alter the seating chart, work on the technical errors and adjust the sound level accordingly (seems like people who complain about the sound watched the show in Vegas, may be the venue is smaller so the sound hit harder,) people will have a better viewing experience.

haha yes, I was like trying hours entering those code for too many times and finally gave up and chose one that seemed to be ok. The biggest problem is the seating chart. It's just too horrible and that's the only big complains I had after seeing the Vegas one. The technical error in my show is actually quite funny but I won't complains too much. It didn't affect much but everyone can see the big error. I actually love the loud music in Vegas. It really rocks. Sometime I even have the feeling that MJ is singing live and it made me really sad. I've been to many concerts and I actually think the sound system is one of the best. lol The music and sound system is my favorite part of the show besides the video edit on screen. I also went to see LOVE in the same trip and I felt the sound system of immortal tour actually beats LOVE.

haha yes, I was like trying hours entering those code for too many times and finally gave up and chose one that seemed to be ok. The biggest problem is the seating chart. It's just too horrible and that's the only big complains I had after seeing the Vegas one. The technical error in my show is actually quite funny but I won't complains too much. It didn't affect much but everyone can see the big error. I actually love the loud music in Vegas. It really rocks. Sometime I even have the feeling that MJ is singing live and it made me really sad. I've been to many concerts and I actually think the sound system is one of the best. lol The music and sound system is my favorite part of the show besides the video edit on screen. I also went to see LOVE in the same trip and I felt the sound system of immortal tour actually beats LOVE.

Yeah... May be people who complained about the sound level expect a more typical Cirque show experience than a rock concert. Lol...

What was the technical error at the show u saw?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45889832
TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Kanye West / Jay-Z; $2,093,467; $118.23.

2. (2) Cirque du Soleil - "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"; $1,924,258; $116.04.

3. (3) Taylor Swift; $1,240,624; $69.42.

4. (4) Enrique Iglesias; $802,690; $69.72.

5. (5) Foo Fighters; $730,751; $51.13.

6. (6) Journey; $677,301; $60.62.

7. (7) Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band; $671,909; $67.88.

8. (10) Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $583,827; $52.08.

9. (9) Caifanes; $552,703; $45.36.

10. (11) Sting; $475,037; $92.43.

11. (New) Selena Gomez & The Scene; $464,699; $45.59.

12. (12) Furthur; $424,950; $51.84.

13. (13) Guns N' Roses; $415,202; $52.44.

14. (15) Deadmau5; $391,179; $47.17.

15. (14) Andre Rieu; $389,232; $73.40.

16. (17) Tiesto; $314,351; $50.86.

17. (16) Duran Duran; $297,133; $74.34.

18. (18) Paul Simon; $255,730; $77.51.

19. (19) Jeff Dunham; $249,972; $47.39.

20. (New) Lady Antebellum; $244,691; $45.25.

Huh? I am confused about these rankings.

Both Kanye & Taylor Swift haven't had a show in WEEKS... Swift's last US show was on November 22nd 2011.

"Watch the throne" last shows were Dec 16th in the US & Dec 18th in Canada.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/06/4163454/the-immortal-walks-stylishly-and.html

'The Immortal' walks stylishly and reverently

By Carla Meyer
cmeyer @sacbee.com
Published: Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 - 12:00 am | Page 5TICKET

Dancers in Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal" walk the Moonwalk, lean the Lean and replicate other Jackson dance moves, often in groups.

Mastering Jackson's signature steps took months and guidance from choreographers who worked with the late pop star.

"It was a whole style by itself," featured dancer Leeco Kosmidis said by phone last week before an "Immortal" performance in Phoenix.

Kosmidis, 25, first heard Jackson's music as a child in then-Soviet Georgia, where only the biggest acts from the West, like Jackson and the Beatles, broke through. After Kosmidis' family moved to Cyprus, the fledgling dancer admired Jackson's style via video.

"Michael was creating his own moves and even the walk he was doing," Kosmidis said. "He just created his own vocabulary."

"The Immortal," coming to Power Balance Pavilion on Tuesday and Wednesday, combines Jackson-esque dancing with recorded vocals from Jackson and the Jackson 5, set to live music.

The $60 million production also comes with pyrotechnics, Cirque's aerial artists and acrobats, and imagery drawn from Jackson's life and famous music videos.

"We do have the gates to the Neverland Ranch, and that is quite poignant in terms of what he is about," said "Immortal" artistic director Tara Young, a Broadway veteran.

The show is not a through-line biography but an abstract tribute to Jackson's life, art and work ethic.
"You hear Michael's voice throughout," Young said.

Literally and figuratively.

Before his death, Jackson expressed interest in collaborating with Cirque du Soleil, Young said. Cirque partnered with Jackson's estate to produce "The Immortal," directed by Jamie King, the choreographer and pop-tour mastermind behind shows by Britney Spears, Madonna and Celine Dion.

King danced on Jackson's 1992 "Dangerous" tour and imparted to the Cirque team his firsthand impressions of Jackson, a noted perfectionist. Jackson choreographer Travis Payne helped mold the show as well, and "Immortal" features musicians who played with Jackson.

"I did not know him, but we have worked with so many people who knew him, and he raised the bar higher than any performer I have ever met, even in my Broadway career," Young said. "You feel a responsibility to work at that level, and you feel honored you are even asked to."

Cirque has gone rock 'n' roll before, with tributes to the Beatles ("LOVE") and Elvis Presley ("Viva Elvis").
But those are Las Vegas-only shows. "The Immortal" will tour the world, taking 35 truckloads of equipment with it.

"For an arena concert, 35 trucks is a lot," Cirque spokesman Maxime Charbonneau said. "You have stadium tours that have 40 trucks."

"The Immortal" also offers something stadium shows do not: Bubbles. Or at least a guy dressed as Jackson's chimp.

The show's large scale seems appropriate, given demand for Jackson's work since his death in June 2009. Between then and June 2011, Jackson digital singles racked up 16.3 million in sales in the United States, according to Billboard.biz and Nielsen SoundScan.

Cirque sold more than 150,000 tickets to its three-week run of "Immortal" in December in Las Vegas, Charbonneau said, and sold out the show's October world premiere in Cirque's hometown of Montreal.

"Jackson fits Cirque like a hand in a sequined glove," Brian McCollum wrote in a USA Todayreview of the show. "With its whimsical spirit and high- flying elegance, 'Immortal' celebrates an artist known for his own endless childhood and dreamy idealism."

The "Immortal" premiere coincided with the Los Angeles trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted in November of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death. The court case illuminated Jackson's drug dependency.

The more difficult aspects of Jackson's life are not touched upon in "The Immortal," Young said. Just like millions of fans who have downloaded Jackson's music since his death, the show's creators have focused instead on Jackson's extraordinary artistry.

"We separate that, and we honor his life and the excellence Michael brought to the world," Young said. "Michael was the King of Pop, he still is the King of Pop. We celebrate his life."

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL'S "MICHAEL JACKSON: THE IMMORTAL"

WHEN: 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday

WHERE: Power Balance Pavilion, One Sports Parkway, Sacramento
COST: $63-$195
INFORMATION: (800) 745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com

I bought tickets to see the show in Houston on Feb. 11, 2012 and June 23, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas. :wild: I'm counting days..........can't wait! :timer:

No WAY! I bought tickets for BOTH of those locations as well! It's nice to hear from a Texas fan! ^_^

Back