The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Time for me to start avoiding this thread. I wanna try to keep everything a surprise until it comes to the uk.

Well according to Prince's Twitter account, he's in Montreal, so he will be at the IMMORTAL World Tour premiere, I would imagine.

Prince on twitter:
"Montreal is kinda cold..."

Im happy the kids are being there to see this :)

I'm just going to jump around with my thoughts here. lol

The music was fantastic. Some snippets of MJ songs interwoven with MJ speaking. I loved that. And then for full routines, they would use entire songs.

Although our view of the screens was partially obscured, there was footage that I had never seen before of MJ from This Is It.

The show features mind blowing pyrotechnics, and the use of light, especially in costumes, was unbelievable. There was at one point, a huge pair of MJ shoes and socks, and dancers came out of them. Lots of MJ dressed dancers, with lights all over there costumes, so they looked like light MJs.

We heard:
Man in the Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Threatened
Thriller
Billie Jean
Beat It
Remember the Time
Blame it on the Boogie
Rock with You
Don't stop till you get enough
Shake your Body
Earth Song
Ben
ABC...

And many more, covering MJ's whole life.

The only major song we didn't get that I can think of was Heal The World

I feel they did a great job presenting MJ's message.

One thing I found strange was the shape of the stage, and the centre tree. They both looked to me like a character.. I won't say who, as you probably won't know who I'm talking about. But it was ccol, because MJs were dancing all over them! lol

Sounds great !!!

Was Who Is It played?

I can't wait to see more TII footage. - I still hope they release a TII fan edition with a hell lot of extra material!

How many hours left? clock is ticking. tik tak tik tak.....tik tak

ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Flash mob
A tribute to Michael Jackson at the Bell Centre

Published October 1, 2011 at 22:05

Photo credit: Agence QMI

Agency QMI

20111001-220517-g.jpg

A tribute to Michael Jackson at the Bell Centre on the eve of the premiere of Cirque du Soleil.

Led by Travis Payne, one of the leading choreographers of the show Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour , 300 employees of Cirque du Soleil made ??a tribute to the King of Pop on Saturday during a flash mob (flashmob), before the Centre Bell.

More than 500 spectators braved the rain to watch the choreography of a few minutes, also a creation of Mr. Payne.

20111001-220517-a.jpg

All employees were voluntary participants.

"Michael Jackson was so fond of dancing, so that's what we decided to do," says Line Gingras, director of activities and events, Cirque.

The Cirque du Soleil will be officially launched this Sunday night at the Bell Centre.

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/artsetspectacles/general/archives/2011/10/20111001-220517.html

Last edited:
Time for me to start avoiding this thread. I wanna try to keep everything a surprise until it comes to the uk.

It won't happen n 2011- mid 2012, right? Geez, patience is something dear God haven't blessed me with ;)
I missed part of this thread, do we know when they'll come with the show to Europe? And is there any chance they'll release the show on DVD or Bluray? Thanks!

Thanks for the article, I wa ssooo there! Took pics with Travis again, still just as generous as last time.
Those guys are L.O.V.E.!

300 dancers and 500 people watching, under the rain, total cold, but it was from the heart, and the heart of MJ Fans never gets cold!

à3

ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Flash mob
A tribute to Michael Jackson at the Bell Centre

Published October 1, 2011 at 22:05

Photo credit: Agence QMI

Agency QMI

20111001-220517-g.jpg

A tribute to Michael Jackson at the Bell Centre on the eve of the premiere of Cirque du Soleil.

Led by Travis Payne, one of the leading choreographers of the show Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour , 300 employees of Cirque du Soleil made ??a tribute to the King of Pop on Saturday during a flash mob (flashmob), before the Centre Bell.

More than 500 spectators braved the rain to watch the choreography of a few minutes, also a creation of Mr. Payne.

20111001-220517-a.jpg

All employees were voluntary participants.

"Michael Jackson was so fond of dancing, so that's what we decided to do," says Line Gingras, director of activities and events, Cirque.

The Cirque du Soleil will be officially launched this Sunday night at the Bell Centre.

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/artsetspectacles/general/archives/2011/10/20111001-220517.html

That gives me goosebumps looking at. Michael is smiling at all of this I hope.

I am nervous and excited. Apparently, last night's show was AMAZING...Someone said BEST.SHOW.EVER!!

Can anyone inform when the livestream starts. How many hours until the show?

Can anyone inform when the livestream starts. How many hours until the show?

From the Cirque Twitter

Cirque
Join us tomorrow (7PM EDT) for WORLD PREMIERE coverage of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour!
21 hours ago

So about 6 Hours I think, not entirely sure if that's when it will stream or where it will, but I'm gonna keep on eye on http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/cirque-club/home.aspx :)

Last edited:
It won't happen n 2011- mid 2012, right? Geez, patience is something dear God haven't blessed me with ;)
I missed part of this thread, do we know when they'll come with the show to Europe? And is there any chance they'll release the show on DVD or Bluray? Thanks!

The tour ends around July in the US. so they probably move to London around Aug 2012???

Carinemjj;3499783 said:
WOW So glad you got to see the show tonight, I was at the Quebec final rehearsal and I was at Travisù,s flashmob tonight, it was incredible!
Very happy you've been able to experience it already!
Merci beaucoup Carine, c'est gentil. :)

Hess;3499967 said:
Sounds great !!!

Was Who Is It played?

I can't wait to see more TII footage. - I still hope they release a TII fan edition with a hell lot of extra material!
I think there may have been parts of that song, but not the whole song. They did play most of Another Part of Me though.

The ending of the show is beautiful. Michael (a dancer clad in white, a representation of Michael, perhaps his spirit, or soul,) is standing in front of the tree. Each dancer comes up to Michael carrying a big red glowing heart. As they come forth to Michael, they raise their hearts with his.

There are scenes of starving children and devastation during Earth Song. I hope these shows wake a lot of people up.

Thank you God, for giving us Michael.

Edit- Oh yeah, forgot to add; the scenes on the screens are often very short, fast clips. It was hard to take everything in. And as I said, our view was partially obstructed, so I didn't see as well as I would have liked. But hey, I'm not complaining. lol Just glad to have been there.

Edit- Just remembered another part of the show. There is a big book centre stage. The text is in ancient-type font. I couldn't read what is said, because I was too far, but a green dancer dances on it. Then Michael comes and dances on it? Dunno if I'm remembering correctly from last night. I see it like this- the book is first tainted somehow, and Michael purifies it? Someone will correct me please, if I get anything wrong.

Last edited:
i want to see this show in london!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I remember seeing a headshot of MJ in his Smooth Criminal getup from This Is It. Also, they show that awesome scene where he breaks through the window, although I know you've seen that. The images fly so fast that it's hard to store them in memory. They're probably in there somewhere though. lol The show is jam-packed. Ooh, that reminds me, there was a scene during Jam (yes, they played that one) where the dancers do a cool basketball routine, with balls. And they did a fantastic rendition of Childhood, with the child sitting on a crescent moon, watching.

Edt- and during Childhood, there is a balloon carrying the child that floats over the scene.

I wish I could remember more.

Keep asking me questions guys, it helps jog my memory.

Oh yeah, there are lots of images of clocks.. time..

And they also did Scream, and I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

If I remember correctly, for Scream, they had robot, machine men.

Speaking of which, they also did Dancing Machine.

I remember the word "back' echoed...

They also did They Don't really Care about Us. There was This Is It footage there too, which included the orange background scene, with the big M lit up from behind.

During Childhood, I saw three five point stars, pointing up.

There is also footage from Moonwalker, where MJ opens the door and there's great light and wind.

At one point, there is a huge glittery glove with a dancer in it, and a huge fedora with dancers under it.

Two dancers dressed as elephants danced. There were also other large animal representations made out of wire-like material, with dancers inside them that made them move and dance.

Last edited:
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/02/showbiz/jackson-cirque-du-soleil/

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and his three children will be immersed in the pop icon's music, dance and imagery as they attend the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" in Montreal, Canada, Sunday.

Katherine Jackson, who sat through four days of disturbing testimony in the trial of the doctor charged in her son's death, agreed with the Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil just this past week to attend the opening performance this weekend, according to a source close to the Jackson family.

The agreement is a sign Katherine Jackson and the men who now control her son's estate as executors have reached an understanding that should ease the tensions that erupted in probate court soon after Michael Jackson's death in 2009, the source said.

Jackson's mother waged a legal challenge against lawyer John Branca and music executive John McClain, who were named as executors in her son's will, but dropped it several months later. Relations between the Jackson family and the estate have been tense from that beginning.

How Jackson family is coping The trip, which includes Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson, will not end until October 9 when they return to Los Angeles following the Michael Forever Tribute show in Cardiff, Wales, next Saturday, the source said.

With several of Michael Jackson's brothers and sisters also traveling to the Wales concert, most of the Jackson family's eight seats in Dr. Conrad Murray's trial will likely go empty until next week.

Jackson's children never saw their father perform live on stage, but the Cirque du Soleil show promises for two hours to "capture the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations."

The road tour will reach at least 47 cities in the United States and Canada over the next year.

The circus company, legendary for its creative and acrobatic performances, first talked to Jackson seven years ago about the possibility of a Jackson-themed show, Cirque's president said when the agreement with his estate was announced in April 2010. The estate and Cirque du Soleil are equal partners.

The MGM Mirage has signed on to host the Las Vegas, Nevada, residency starting in 2012. The hotel also will open a nightclub based on the Jackson show, the hotel said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/02/showbiz/jackson-cirque-du-soleil/

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and his three children will be immersed in the pop icon's music, dance and imagery as they attend the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" in Montreal, Canada, Sunday.

Katherine Jackson, who sat through four days of disturbing testimony in the trial of the doctor charged in her son's death, agreed with the Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil just this past week to attend the opening performance this weekend, according to a source close to the Jackson family.

The agreement is a sign Katherine Jackson and the men who now control her son's estate as executors have reached an understanding that should ease the tensions that erupted in probate court soon after Michael Jackson's death in 2009, the source said.

Jackson's mother waged a legal challenge against lawyer John Branca and music executive John McClain, who were named as executors in her son's will, but dropped it several months later. Relations between the Jackson family and the estate have been tense from that beginning.

How Jackson family is coping The trip, which includes Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson, will not end until October 9 when they return to Los Angeles following the Michael Forever Tribute show in Cardiff, Wales, next Saturday, the source said.

With several of Michael Jackson's brothers and sisters also traveling to the Wales concert, most of the Jackson family's eight seats in Dr. Conrad Murray's trial will likely go empty until next week.

Jackson's children never saw their father perform live on stage, but the Cirque du Soleil show promises for two hours to "capture the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations."

The road tour will reach at least 47 cities in the United States and Canada over the next year.

The circus company, legendary for its creative and acrobatic performances, first talked to Jackson seven years ago about the possibility of a Jackson-themed show, Cirque's president said when the agreement with his estate was announced in April 2010. The estate and Cirque du Soleil are equal partners.

The MGM Mirage has signed on to host the Las Vegas, Nevada, residency starting in 2012. The hotel also will open a nightclub based on the Jackson show, the hotel said.

@the bold part: This could explain why the Estate hasn't really put a stop to this GL concert. It seems they are allowing this to happen in exchange of KJ not interfering with the Estate affairs in the future. Don't know.

I am glad Katherine and the kids are going. It's something special for Michael.

Stay tuned to MJ's Facebook and Twitter for up-to-the-minute news on the premiere of THE IMMORTAL World Tour tonight from Randi Zuckerberg, live from Montreal!

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour correspondent RANDI ZUCKERBERG introduces the Cirque du Soleil show to Michael's Facebook fans. Come join her as she shares her experiences.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=611413874724

Is Ghosts, Hollywood Tonight, Stranger in Moscow & Dirty Diana in the show? At least part of the songs or just snippets?

Back