The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Got tickets to the show in Helsinki 5th November. Wheee!!!

Good for you! :)
I'm planning to go to Stockholm show, because the show in Helsinki is during the week and it's difficult for me to travel from the other side of the country at that time... The Stockholm show is on the weekend, so there's much more time to travel then. Although it would be nice to see the show with fellow Finns, but no can do :(

https://twitter.com/#!/Norm_Clarke

#MichaelJackson
show at #MandalayBay still on track for May 13 2013. Will be more theatrical than touring show. #FB #vegas

Jackson show will "probably" run 6 months in Europe. Recently offered more dates in London and quickly sold out #FB #cirque#vegas

https://twitter.com/#!/search/#vegashttps://twitter.com/#!/search/#vegas#Cirque's Daniel Lemarre says touring Michael Jackson North Am show doing well and getting "a stampede" of Asian agents to run there. #FB

Are they planning to bring the physical giving tree back at all? Does anyone know?

But I guess they just scrapped it and save it for the resident show.

Good for you! :)
I'm planning to go to Stockholm show, because the show in Helsinki is during the week and it's difficult for me to travel from the other side of the country at that time... The Stockholm show is on the weekend, so there's much more time to travel then. Although it would be nice to see the show with fellow Finns, but no can do :(
Actually I don't even know where I'll be in November - if I'm even in Finland.. but I had to get the ticket just in case. If I can't make it, I'll sell it to a fellow fan and go see the show somewhere else :p

They just announced today that they'll be coming to my city, Albany NY, on May 22nd! After I already bought tickets to see it at MSG on April 4th. Guess I'm going to be going twice!

MICHAEL JACKSON UPDATES

Meantime, the newest Cirque show to open in Las Vegas will be the Michael Jackson permanent spectacular at Mandalay Bay. “We are in full construction mode now,“ Daniel said. “The theater is being renovated, and the equipment is being redesigned. It is all set for Mandalay Bay -- there’s no chance of the show going anywhere else in Vegas. We are on target and on schedule for the May 13 opening next year.

“The big difference between the touring show and the new permanent show is that this one will be much more theatrical. The month residency of the touring show in Mandalay Bay helped us tweak it. It’s even better now than when you saw it here. It has been No. 1 on the Pollstar box office rankings since the New Year began. It will remain in North America until the fall.

“We then go to Europe for six months. We’d marked London for six dates, but they sold out immediately just to Cirque club members. We’re looking to add at least three more shows there. It’s a stampede in Asia with the promoters there, so we’re now putting that part of the plan into place.

“A show of this kind would normally run two years, and now we’re looking at three, maybe four years. Many cities here in North America were sold out, so we would like the show to come back for repeat dates -- but not on this side of the country because we don’t want to cannibalize the new Mandalay show.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/mar/06/cirques-daniel-lamarre-talks-elvis-jackson-3d-movi/?ae

Shame fans will miss out cause they wont take the show out of london. yet they can manage several cities in germany for eg.do they think the only ppl going to TII were from london

^ Yes, it's a shame. They could go to Manchester or Birmingham, also it would easier for those fans who don't want to go to O2..

Review: Michael Jackson, Cirque du Soleil a sensory overload

Posted: March 8, 2012 - 12:25am | Updated: March 8, 2012 - 11:09am

web_CirqueMJSmoothCriminal.jpg
Cirque du Soleil
Sparks shoot from dancers' guns as they perform Michael Jackson's famous "lean" move during "Smooth Criminal."

Cirque dul Soleil
Appearing as a black and a white swan, two Cirque artists perform to Michael Jackson's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You."

^ This is new act addition. It wasn't there originally.

The pairing of Michael Jackson’s music and the theatrics of Cirque du Soleil might just be too much of a good thing.
Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour by Cirque du Soleil, which played at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on

Wednesday night (and returns Thursday night) is a sensory overload.

Jackson’s music is played live by a crack 11-piece band (all except for Jackson’s vocals, obviously), and that alone is pretty overwhelming.
Throw in dozens of dancers, aerialists, acrobats, contortionists, mimes, explosions, break dancers, beatboxers, strobes, mummies, a dancing monkey and a bikini-clad cellist, and it’s almost too much to take in.
The Cirque performers – more than 50 in all, not counting the band – are as gifted and energetic as any you’ll ever see. But a few stood out, even from that crowd: contortionist Baaska Enkhbaatar, who apparently has no bones; one-legged dancer Jean Sok, who nearly steals the show; 19-year-old guitar prodigy Desiree Bassett, who can shred with the best of them; and mime Salah Benlemqawansa, who is the thread that runs through the whole thing.
There is a plot to the show – something about trying to get into Jackson’s fabled Neverland Ranch – but it’s really beside the point. Like other Cirque shows, it’s about sitting back and watching extraordinary performers doing their thing. For the most part, that’s dance, but it’s generally not dance like you’d see anywhere else – dancers are flipping or flying or hanging off poles or bouncing off walls or rising out of the floor where you least expect them.
Jackson’s music, some of which has been heavily remixed, sets this apart from other Cirque shows, though. When the band strikes up “Thriller” or “Beat It” or “Human Nature” or “Smooth Criminal,” the crowd reacts, regardless of what the Cirque performers are doing on stage. The show touches on dozens of his hits but, with a career like his there is just no way to play all of them.
It’s not a concert, it’s not a circus, it’s not a freak show and it’s not a dance recital. But it is a show you won’t soon forget.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/entertainme...rque-du-soleil-sensory-overload#ixzz1oYROGOM3

Well I think they may do another city when the come back to the UK (I'm almost certain they'll come back!). Maybe they'll do Manchester or Birmingham.

^ Yes, it's a shame. They could go to Manchester or Birmingham, also it would easier for those fans who don't want to go to O2..
Yeah but then it saves me making a decision on whether to go and saves a couple of hundred quid aswell

[h=1]'Michael Jackson The Immortal,' Kanye West & Jay-Z Top Most Lucrative Concert Tours[/h]
Michael Jackson may have passed away, but that doesn't mean his name -- and music -- aren't bringing in millions at the box office.
"Michael Jackson: The Immortal," Cirque du Soleil's tribute to the late singer brought in an astounding $2,362,502 over the past three months -- more than any other touring concert act.This comes as good news for Michael Jackson's estate, after hackers stole the entirety of his musical catalogfrom Sony's computer systems earlier this week.Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Watch The Throne" tour came in second, earning $1,902,032 at an average ticket price of $112.94 per ticket.Pollstar, an online trade publication that monitors concert sales and reported the numbers, told The Huffington Post that the figures are updated weekly and are based on approximately three months worth of data, meaning that the data released this week covers sales from late November to today."Michael Jackson: The Immortal" wasn't the only Cirque du Soleil show to make it on the chart. Cirque's productions "Dralion" and "Quidam" came in third and fourth on the chart, respectively. Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band rounded out the top five with $753,644 in sales.All told, the three Cirque shows netted an impressive $4.4 million dollars.Other notable acts in Pollstar's Top 20 include Blake Shelton who debuted on the list at the ninth spot with $367,522 in box office earnings. Miranda Lambert's tour earned $314,295, Lady Antebellum brought in $294,995 and punk band Rise Against rounded out the top fifteen with $148,490.The entire Pollstar Top 20 Concert Tours list is available below, as reported by the Associated Press:
The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS1. (1) Cirque du Soleil – "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"; $2,362,502; $109.98.2. (2) Kanye West / Jay-Z; $1,902,032; $112.94.3. (3) Cirque du Soleil – "Dralion"; $1,148,681; $64.08.4. (4) Cirque du Soleil – "Quidam"; $912,283; $64.65.5. (5) Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band; $753,644; $73.39.6. (6) Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $618,135; $52.29.7. (New) Jason Aldean; $592,300; $44.11.8. (7) Brad Paisley; $586,414; $52.70.9. (New) Blake Shelton; $367,522; $48.17.10. (9) Jeff Dunham; $346,408; $46.76.11. (New) Miranda Lambert; $314,295; $45.15.12. (11) Lady Antebellum; $294,995; $44.54.13. (10) Eric Church; $263,628; $34.51.14. (14) Rain – A Tribute To The Beatles; $189,572; $47.50.15. (16) Rise Against; $148,490; $34.03.16. (17) The String Cheese Incident; $147,062; $39.19.17. (18) "Mythbusters"; $144,212; $53.09.18. (20) Mannheim Steamroller; $138,470; $56.66.19. (19) "Winter Jam" / Skillet; $136,638; $11.04.20. (New) Salute To Vienna; $132,574; $78.87.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...erts_n_1334467.html?view=print&comm_ref=false
I guess that explains why Jay Z and Kanye are still on the chart, months after they wrapped up their tour. Unusual way of building a chart..

Rumor Mill:
RT @EthanStinson: Michael Jackson #MJImmortal World Tour by @Cirque du Soleil : #Paris @BercyOfficiel Avril 2013... #michaeljackson #cirquedusoleil

Will be attending the show this friday and saturday with friends and family. I saw it in Oct and I can't wait to see how they have changed it!

Will be attending the show this friday and saturday with friends and family. I saw it in Oct and I can't wait to see how they have changed it!

Lucky you seeing it again. I wish it was me, so enjoy.

"Michael Jackson: The Immortal," Cirque du Soleil's tribute to the late singer brought in an astounding $2,362,502 over the past three months -- more than any other touring concert act.

only 2.36 million in 3 months? that's low.

but take a look at the AP story
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/top-20-concert-tours-pollstar-15881897

I think the 2.36 million figure is the average box office gross per city, right?
We still don't get the total gross number since last Nov.

yeah that figure has to be average per night because that amount over 3 months would not be good at all..

854fc07e6e5411e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

gianinni

“With some of my lovely fellow female cast members! MJ Immortal World Tour! We all are like family. 24/7 together; performing, traveling and having fun in our free time! Love these ladies, good people!”

8e42374269a511e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

gianinni
119 photos · 236 followers

“Boarding our private plane.. Florida, you were amazing! North Carolina: See u soon! MJ Immortal World Tour!”

Gianinni Semedo &#8207; <s>@</s>Gianinni1
  • Coming to Holland (my home country) april 17th - april 23rd! Have a week off from the MJ Immortal World Tour. Excited to see my peeps again!

Last edited:
Back