The MJ Estate Has Updated the FAQ Page on the Official Website

83magic;4301854 said:
it's also bullying. I've experienced this constantly on this site due to my differing opinions on Michael. to the point where I've taken almost year long breaks from here :( despite only joining in 2017..

i'm glad you've called this behaviour out, but I honestly could have used this support much earlier on.

by the way, I also dislike the music of; the beatles, queen, prince, elvis, Madonna, guns n roses.. basically any of these acts that Michael is compared to for some odd reason..

Opinions are opinions, facts are facts. It’s one thing to say that you personally don’t like a piece of music, because it doesn’t speak to you, and a whole different thing to basically claim it’s an artificially hyped pile of crap, despite mountains of objective evidence to the contrary. There are objective parameters by which anyone with an understanding of music can assess the quality of a composition, independent of personal taste.

And for the record, I would just as fiercely defend Michael’s compositions on a Beatles board. ;)

Last edited:
i don't think it's bullying if someone doesn't like an artist or their music etc. it what your tastes are. but i do feel people should read up artists etc to understand their music.

same goes for michael there alot of people who doesn't like michael not because of the lies etc but because he not their taste. there nothing wrong with that as long they not hating him over lies though.

NatureCriminal7896;4301861 said:
i don't think it's bullying if someone doesn't like an artist or their music etc. it what your tastes are. but i do feel people should read up artists etc to understand their music.

same goes for michael there alot of people who doesn't like michael not because of the lies etc but because he not their taste. there nothing wrong with that as long they not hating him over lies though.

Exactly. And he’s also terribly underrated as a songwriter/composer. The unfair portrayal of Michael in the media has profoundly hindered a fair assessment of his work.

Michael was very gifted. but the media always down him or only talk about his dancing etc. he was a good songwriter in my opinion. it's true that michael didn't write all his songs. but he was still a great singer.

Mikky Dee;4301827 said:
You're acting like you did something special. Expecting everyone to just fall in line with a "universally" accepted MYTH, presumably so they won't be ostracised from the herd isn't education, it's indoctrination and socially constructed peer pressure. I may be many things, but uneducated I am not.

Let's move on shall we?

Since you continued this discussion I will just say that you are uneducated about The Beatles. That's the point. Your claim is based on personal feelings not the massive amount of information out there known by the fans, industry, experts and historians. Detailed information about the creative and recording process for every song is documented in books and on sites like BeatlesEbooks and Beatles Bible. Not to mention the countless other books and documentaries about their work, innovation, cultural impact and importance. You can't make a critical assessment of something if you aren't properly knowledgeable about it.

ScreenOrigami;4301796 said:
The Bad 25 box was good, I like it very much. But it’s also pretty standard compared to what I’m used to, coming from the rock & metal world.

Yeah, they really need to put more effort into their releases. They also need to stop ripping off the fans with low-effort, overpriced merch. And as long as those fake tracks are still out there under Michael's name they should be ashamed and certainly can't make claims of superiority to any other estate, no matter how much money they're making.

I was using the beatles comment as a comparison of what I've experienced in regards to Michael on here.

i'm very educated on Michael's entire career being a lifelong fan. I simply have my preferences. for that I have been bullied :(

it's never acceptable to treat anyone that way. I've done nothing to deserve it.

ScreenOrigami;4301832 said:
So all of this is considered okay to say, without giving any kind of reason as to why you believe this? That’s a bit harsh, isn’t it? Feel free to head over to the Beatles thread to talk about this, but please give at least a reason why you believe all of this to be the case. I can make my case for the Beatles any time, with actual facts about their artistic and cultural importance. If you want to challenge that, you’d have to come up with something more than an opinion and – what I perceive as – hurt feelings. :)

I mean, what did you expect to happen, when you bash the Beatles like that:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/144612-The-MJ-Estate-Has-Updated-the-FAQ-Page-on-the-Official-Website/page2?p=4301417&viewfull=1#post4301417
That their fans will sit still and say nothing in their defense?

Yes, perfectly okay, because you referred to me as uneducated and followed it up with "there I said it", which makes it sound as though you've been waiting a while to say that. So, no, in that context, my response isn't harsh at all. It's warranted.

And why would you continue on to say that it sounds like I have "hurt feelings" and then put a smilie face at the end of it? Seems incongruous.

In actual fact, it's the people who can't handle my OPINION about THE BEATLES on an MJ FORUM who have hurt feelings. I repeat - opinion. Personal belief and/or taste. I shouldn't be required to write a dissertation on why I have that opinion, for goodness' sake! I am also not alone in my views, either, as some others e.g. Nite Line (from memory) responded and agreed with me.

As I have subsequently explained, my original comments were not even really about my disdain for The Beatles per se - I used them as an example, to demonstrate the usefulness (or not) of demos and to discuss whether demos are actually ever any good, or worth what it costs to finish them, produce them, release them, etc.

Now, Anna and I have both suggested that everyone moves on and Anna has provided a link to the Beatles thread, so that this thread doesn't become bogged down any further with off-topic discussions. That is a link that I won't be following, but others might care to, of course.

it's also bullying. I've experienced this constantly on this site due to my differing opinions on Michael. to the point where I've taken almost year long breaks from here :( despite only joining in 2017..

i'm glad you've called this behaviour out, but I honestly could have used this support much earlier on.

by the way, I also dislike the music of; the beatles, queen, prince, elvis, Madonna, guns n roses.. basically any of these acts that Michael is compared to for some odd reason..

I was using the beatles comment as a comparison of what I've experienced in regards to Michael on here.

i'm very educated on Michael's entire career being a lifelong fan. I simply have my preferences. for that I have been bullied :(

it's never acceptable to treat anyone that way. I've done nothing to deserve it.

Thank you for posting and it's good to see you back on MJJC. Hopefully you're experiences will be better from now on.

Maybe we can all agree to not randomly attack other artists in otherwise unrelated threads? That would make it much easier to stay on topic. Because we can probably all agree as fans of one artist or another that it’s hard to ignore such attacks and just move on. :)

I would also like to suggest to not take these things to a personal level. One can fiercely debate and still keep a friendly tone.

Last edited:
They never said that they found the film reels. It was just some rumor or speculation.

They stated "we ONLY found the Wembley VHS, personal copy" and then popped up Wembley88 perfect soundboard audio (exactly the same of the VHS...), and then popped out TWYMMF from previous show...(so they ALSO have the ANOTHER VHS from 15th July 1988?). C'mon...

They stated "we ONLY found the Wembley VHS, personal copy" and then popped up Wembley88 perfect soundboard audio (exactly the same of the VHS...), and then popped out TWYMMF from previous show...(so they ALSO have the ANOTHER VHS from 15th July 1988?). C'mon...

What that has to do with the film reels? The July 15th show could be from Umatic tape. All shows were recorded on Umatic tapes. They probably have most of them but the July 16th master tape was lost for some reason.

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4301884 said:
Maybe we can all agree to not randomly attack other artists in otherwise unrelated threads? That would make it much easier to stay on topic. Because we can probably all agree as fans of one artist or another that it’s hard to ignore such attacks and just move on. :)

I would also like to suggest to not take these things to a personal level. One can fiercely debate and still keep a friendly tone.

Of course. However, passive aggressiveness does not read as an especially friendly tone. "WE" shouldn't be calling other members uneducated and saying that their comments are ridiculous, because that is what took things to a personal level. "WE" should not be getting bent out of shape by someone else's opinion and calling it a "random attack of other artists" when instead that opinion was put forth in response to another member's post and used to illustrate a point that was related tangentially to the topic of the thread and has been explained at length, several times.

Mikky Dee;4301966 said:
Of course. However, passive aggressive does not read as an especially friendly tone. "WE" shouldn't be calling other members uneducated and saying that their comments are ridiculous, because that is what took things to a personal level. WE should not be interpreting someone's comments as a random attack of other artists when instead those comments were made to illustrate a point that was related to the topic of the thread and was explained at length, several times.

First off, I haven’t called anyone’s comments ridiculous. That’s not something I would say. If you scroll back, you’ll be able to confirm that this wasn’t me but Anna. Since Anna and I appear to be on the same page about the topic, it’s easy to confuse, but I’d prefer to only be criticized for things that I personally said.

I do stand by my assessment that your opinion about the Beatles is uneducated. The “three-chord demo” comment was a dead giveaway. I replied to your initial comment about the singing at great length and explained why I didn’t agree with you and tried to provide some context. But my reply was unfortunately not acknowledged at all. Which is what triggered my “uneducated” remark in the first place.

“They. Cannot. Sing.” is a random attack at an artist. There’s not much room for interpretation here. I don’t know why it’s supposed to be okay to throw uninformed opinions around, but not okay for others to counter them.

And with all due respect, I haven’t set the tone for this discussion, nor did I even begin it. And I’m also not the one who keeps restarting it over and over again.

I would very much like to end this unfortunate debate now, because it leads absolutely nowhere.

I’d be happy to pick the discussion up again over in the Beatles thread, should you decide to come to the table with an open mind. There’s a whole world of great music to discover that you seem to be largely unaware of, and that’s something that can be explored independent of personal taste. I invite you to join me anytime.

And you do know that I don’t disrespect you personally. It’s not the first time that we have a conversation, after all.

What that has to do with the film reels? The July 15th show could be from Umatic tape. All shows were recorded on Umatic tapes. They probably have most of them but the July 16th master tape was lost for some reason.

They released TWYMMF from 15th July, in VHS quality. So I assume they have found a couple of personal VHS (even from USA shows) and they decided to release 16th July show in order to mux it with the - only found - professional soundboard audio...

They released TWYMMF from 15th July, in VHS quality. So I assume they have found a couple of personal VHS (even from USA shows) and they decided to release 16th July show in order to mux it with the - only found - professional soundboard audio...
Umatic tape quality is similar to VHS. I'm pretty sure they have most of the shows. They said in the Bad 25 Deluxe edition booklet that Michael left them a priceless collections of tapes.

as far as the estate goes, i'm happy with the direction they're going in lately. particularly the Sirius radio station, and the upcoming streaming of the 'Brooklyn loves mj' virtual block party. these are celebrations, and ways of keeping Michael's musical legacy alive :)

my one request is that the Motown 25 performance of 'billie jean' is uploaded to the official youtube channel. I tried to type this in the faq box on the official site, but was instead sent an email alerting me of some sort of technical difficulty.. I may try again later at some point.

83magic;4302020 said:
my one request is that the Motown 25 performance of 'billie jean' is uploaded to the official youtube channel. I tried to type this in the faq box on the official site, but was instead sent an email alerting me of some sort of technical difficulty.. I may try again later at some point.
It’s all over YouTube tho, including ones in good enough quality. In addition, it’s famous enough where it doesn’t even need exposure on the vevo channel

Agreed. I think the Estate should really upload some of Michael's best performances at award shows or special events on the official MichaelJacksonVevo channel. Performances such as Motown 25, Grammys 1988, MTV 1995 should all be up on that channel.

it's the most important performance of Michael's career. an official upload will ensure that it won't get taken down. which tends to happen to all of the other ones. future generations can discover and enjoy Michael's first moonwalk. it's already happening :heart:
also, it could rack up millions, maybe billions of views. just like the 'billie jean' video.

Last edited:
Anyway, it's good to know that History will be celebrated with audiovisuals. Also, glad to read that they are working on high quality 4k masters of his short films.

I am actually happy with the answers from the estate.

Sounds like they are actually working on different stuff.

AND - let's be realistic - LN and Covid-19 has made it impossible to release new stuff really. - HTW-2020 was great though.

"In some cases, it may not even be possible if all we have is a poor quality master tape and no original source materials are located."
I DONT REMEMBER WHICH THREAD BUT I SAID THAT THEY WOULD SAY THIS. IM SO PISSED! 1ST THE TOUR NOW THE THEY CLAIM THEY DONT HAVE RESOURCES,MATERIAL OR MONEY TO RESTORE THEM (YET) yet they're detailing the money off the projects & how much they've projected over 10years....THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER IN THE WORLD WITH 480P QUALITY SHORTS! NOR DID THEY MENTION ANY TRIUMPH,DESTINY OR VICTORY TOUR AT ALL. Notice how they said at the time they didnt have the film,just Michael's copy "at the time". I See nothing but lame ass excuses being made. I was accepting of all of everything they were saying but this really grinded my gears!

Last edited:
"In some cases, it may not even be possible if all we have is a poor quality master tape and no original source materials are located."
I DONT REMEMBER WHICH THREAD BUT I SAID THAT THEY WOULD SAY THIS. IM SO PISSED! 1ST THE TOUR NOW THE THEY CLAIM THEY DONT HAVE RESOURCES,MATERIAL OR MONEY TO RESTORE THEM (YET) yet they're detailing the money off the projects & how much they've projected over 10years....THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER IN THE WORLD WITH 480P QUALITY SHORTS! NOR DID THEY MENTION ANY TRIUMPH,DESTINY OR VICTORY TOUR AT ALL. Notice how they said at the time they didnt have the film,just Michael's copy "at the time". I See nothing but lame ass excuses being made. I was accepting of all of everything they were saying but this really grinded my gears!

Restoring all the short films might not be easy. The cgi in some videos might not be on film. They could have shot the video on film but maybe they did the post production on tape. If that is the case then they would have to make the effects again. Thriller and Bad era short films don't have cgi so they would be easy to release in HD.

Last edited:
Restoring all the short films might not be easy. The cgi in some videos might not be on film. They could have shot the video on film but maybe they did the post production on tape. If that is the case then they would have to make the effects again. Thriller and Bad era short films don't have cgi so they would be easy to release in HD.
What else are they doing that they can't remake the cgi in post. They visions intros were full of cgi..... once again....2 many excuses

What else are they doing that they can't remake the cgi in post. They visions intros were full of cgi..... once again....2 many excuses

Some fans might complain if they made new cgi effects and they looked different. I hope they do new effects if that is the only option.

Some fans might complain if they made new cgi effects and they looked different. I hope they do new effects if that is the only option.

It will be the only option. It's just whether they want to put forward the money to do it.

just another lazy excuse for not doing anything.

that's the estate. I'm not surprised.

Back