The Music Of Jermaine LaJaune

I honestly believe that there were too may jacksons and the music industry only wanted so many. If the music industry do not want an artist to survive they can stifle your effort. Look what they did to MJ.

I honestly believe that there were too may jacksons and the music industry only wanted so many. If the music industry do not want an artist to survive they can stifle your effort. Look what they did to MJ.
I don't think the amount really made a difference. Look at the Winans family or the Clark Sisters. There's also the Laws siblings in jazz.

Guys, after watching "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" I can't believe that a man as talented as Jermaine doesn't feel any need to achieve and record music. His last album was released 19 years ago! He is a musician, in and out, a hundered percent! I'd love for JJ to record sth, why don't he release one-off singles?

Does he have a record deal? He should definitely do some solo albums since the other brothers are not as enthused about recording anything.

I enjoy Jermaine's music. I have the Ultimate Collection. It's the kind of collection I can put on & not have to skip any songs. It's a shame that Tell Me Am I Dreaming isn't on it, but no surprise as they always leave off one off greatest hit collections. You Said, You Said & Dynamite are two of my most favourite songs on the collection.

I have that release too and I am so disappointed they left off Tell Me I'm not Dreamin. But the whole CD is wonderful. I don't know why he keeps singing Michael's songs when he has his own catalog.

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' was never a single, although some radio stations played it at the time. An instrumental version was the B-side of one of Jermaine's singles from the 1984 album. Robert Palmer remade it in 1989, and released his version as a single.

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' was never a single, although some radio stations played it at the time. An instrumental version was the B-side of one of Jermaine's singles from the 1984 album. Robert Palmer remade it in 1989, and released his version as a single.

really, b/c on youtube there was a special about the victory tour and it was siad that tell me i not dreaming was a number one hit on the dance if i heard right

really, b/c on youtube there was a special about the victory tour and it was siad that tell me i not dreaming was a number one hit on the dance if i heard right
Arista wanted to release it, but CBS Records refused to give the approval to put it out as a single. It's ironic that Sony owns Arista today, lol. But back then, many radio stations played album tracks, remixes, long versions, and B-sides. I remember one station would play bootleg records occasionally. Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely was never released as a single, but it's one of his most popular songs. Michael's Baby Be Mine & Lady In My Life were played on R&B radio stations and they were never singles either. Dance hits are partly determined by play in clubs and discos, and they play stuff that might not have been played on the radio or released as radio singles like breakdancing tunes & the Miami Bass songs by acts like Magic Mike or Latin Freestyle tunes that was popular then. The other part was by the sales of 12" maxi singles that were common at the time.

So it was an instrumental version that was released as a B-side? The Visual Docu book doesn't make that distinction.

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'

So it was an instrumental version that was released as a B-side? The Visual Docu book doesn't make that distinction.
I think the instrumental was the B-side of the Dynamite 45. It was on the maxi single for sure, because I have it.

Jermaine is and always will be one of my favorites. I love his voice, there is something about it. I do wish he could have gotten bigger though. My ipod holds more than 150+ songs of his.

I like that. :)

I also like the song, *sings* "that's how love gooooes!
You gotta reap just what you sewwww!!"

Jermaine.....1973.
Me too, i love when they performed it on soul train and Michael was in his little world dancing, so cute.

I love Jermaine's work, he's pretty well represented on my iPod by now. I wish I could find somewhere to download/buy an album with You Like Me Don't You on it, though... it wasn't on his '07 Motown-era compilation but it is on the greatest hits CD that costs an absolute packet on Amazon UK. I need to check eBay...

This is supposed to be a new song, but there's no information about it anywhere.
[youtube]6PoJhHAxYYw[/youtube]

I wonder if Dennis Ross is any relation to "the Boss". :unsure:

Idk....the music is lovely and so is his voice but there's something about the song
that's just a bit much. Or maybe it's just my mood at the mo.
It's not bad tho.

Dam Duran! Where you been?! :)
Good to see you. Miss your knowledge on this thread.

It's odd that there's no info on this track. I'm sure it will materialize soon.

@Chicken McNuggets
I wish I could find somewhere to download/buy an album with You Like Me Don't You on it,
I think I have this on my wmp. I'll have to check.

@Moulin Rouge....so true. And thank you.

Let's Get Serious music video

Here's a little known music video:
[youtube]8GbrqjAQll8[/youtube]

Autumn Leaves

This is from Jermaine's new album of standards with David Serero:
[youtube]vm9FhrkV2Gs[/youtube]

Back