The Ultimate Off The Wall Thread

there is no doubt that Off The Wall is a brilliant album. the faster tracks just make you wanna get up and dance (tracks like DSTYGE, WDAN, GOTF and BTDO are my favourite to dance to), and ballads like She's out of my life are amazing especially with emotion he puts into it when he sings

and of course you cant leave Rock with You out, brilliant song and i love the drum beat at the beginning

Rock With You was the first song I was obsessed with when I first got the album almost a year ago ^_^

my top 5 from off the wall

Dn't stop till you get enough

rock with you

i can't help it

working day and night

it's the falling in love

and off the wall was the then best selling album ever for a R&B Artist. nobody else was selling like MJ back then.

You all don't have Burn This Disco Out in your Top 5.

Get the hell out! :lol:

Get Up Won't You G'on Down
Shake Your Body Won't You G'on Get Down !

Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!

So get on the floor! Haha! WOOO!

GOTTA LOVE THAT SONG!

LOL!!! LOVE it!:punk:

BATTLE OF THE COVERS

2cffrmf.jpg
2vls40x.jpg

What do you think of these album covers?
Which is better?
Which one do you own?

And add anything else you'd like to say about it :flowers:

Which is funny, because although it broke records and had huge sales, the critics never speak of it and skip right over to Thriller.

I just can't get over that! :angry: Okay, I'd like to hear a bit more 'Full Impressions' until we get into our next topic :flowers:

Screw the critics ,most of them accept only Thriller as his good album, nothing else.

But most of them are frustrated, failed musicians. So they can go to hell. Like it or not, every album Michael has and will make is a success and good in a different way.

BATTLE OF THE COVERS

2cffrmf.jpg
2vls40x.jpg

What do you think of these album covers?
Which is better?
Which one do you own?

And add anything else you'd like to say about it :flowers:

THE SECOND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild:

The first one is kinda geeky.

The 2nd one ROCKS MIKE'S SOCKS. LOL!

The best 5 songs IMO are:

Rock With You (absolute best)
Off The Wall
Get On The Floor
She's Out Of My Life
Workin' Day And Night

And very close - I Can't Help It (HELPLESS LIKE A BEEEEEBYYY LOL)

sorry for the double post, dammit!

Last edited:
I'm really surprised :eek:

When I asked this with another group of Michael fans, they all picked #1. Let's see what the others have to say :yes:

LOL...

The first cover has a vibrant young man about to take over the world
The second cover is more mysterious with the shoes and socks lightning up (however, I think this is the 1984 cover... :unsure: )

I own the second one...or did.

Last edited:
LOL...

The second cover is more mysterious with the shoes and socks lightning up (however, I think this is the 1984 cover... :unsure: )

The second cover is MUCH more mysterious and is so much cooler. The first cover has a vibrant, GEEKY man! LOL! His pants are higher than his belly-button and his hands are in a weird pose LOL!

Go Geeky Mike! ^_^

The second cover is MUCH more mysterious and is so much cooler. The first cover has a vibrant, GEEKY man! LOL! His pants are higher than his belly-button and his hands are in a weird pose LOL!

Go Geeky Mike! ^_^

Well Mike has always been a dork! :lol: It's similar to the Saturday Night Fever cover with the Bee Gees, they're dorks as well so it works. :lol: :giggle:

OTW sure would have sold more copies had it had more promotion. Had he made Thriller first and then OTW it would have sold better than Bad. If OTW had been released in 1985 in between thriller and Bad it would have sold unimaginable good!

OTW sure would have sold more copies had it had more promotion. Had he made Thriller first and then OTW it would have sold better than Bad. If OTW had been released in 1985 in between thriller and Bad it would have sold unimaginable good!

Yeah, I guess that is true! ^_^

LOL...

The 2nd cover is the same as the 1st. The original album was a gatefold cover with a full body shot. Inside was the lyrics and credits. When the CD was released later, they just used the back part of of the LP cover.

The 2nd cover is the same as the 1st. The original album was a gatefold cover with a full body shot. Inside was the lyrics and credits. When the CD was released later, they just used the back part of of the LP cover.

That doesn't mean it's the same cover :lol:

That doesn't mean it's the same cover :lol:

It truly don't because if it was a cover gatefold, then why his socks shining below? Obviously that was altered. Wasn't OTW re-issued in 1984 after Michael's "magical stuff" started becoming part of pop culture? They re-released the album with that cover for that reason, I think.

It truly don't because if it was a cover gatefold, then why his socks shining below? Obviously that was altered. Wasn't OTW re-issued in 1984 after Michael's "magical stuff" started becoming part of pop culture? They re-released the album with that cover for that reason, I think.

I have the original vinyl album and it has the same glowing socks. Off The Wall never went out of print, so can't be re-released. There were no CDs in 1984, the bottom half of the album was used when the CD format came out later. Just like on the original LP's, cassettes, and 8-tracks of The Jacksons' Triumph & Live! the song is called Heartbreak Hotel. The title on the 45 single and sheet music is also called Heartbreak Hotel. It was changed to This Place Hotel only when the CD was released.
2m6oacm.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the inside. I took this one myself as there isn't one online.
2hyuqsw.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of "Off The Wall", I just realized that OTW is the really the last MJ album in which he used real instruments on pretty much all of the songs. To me, this is his most raw and organic sounding album. I pray that Mike gets back to using real instruments on the new album.

Speaking of "Off The Wall", I just realized that OTW is the really the last MJ album in which he used real instruments on pretty much all of the songs. To me, this is his most raw and organic sounding album. I pray that Mike gets back to using real instruments on the new album.

Keep hope alive. :clap:

Not if Akon's involved, lol.

Back