THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism-

ScreenOrigami;4302148 said:
If you flip the page in an image editor and enhance the contrast a bit, you can actually see that “I want what’s fair.” is written on the backside of the page we have.

LuHwNAj.jpg

The Sun claims that that’s the ending of his ramblings, so everything else is supposed to fit between the page we have and the top two rows of the backside of this page.

So, MJ is supposed to have filled one page top to bottom, continued to write on a separate piece of paper, and then returned to the first piece of paper to conclude his thoughts on its backside.

Not impossible, of course, but also not very likely.

More likely there's another sheet before this one that had all that other stuff on it and they just wrote about it out of order. Though why it isn't included in the article is suspect.

The "you must be beautiful looking" and "looks" part could make sense given that his warped self-image made him think that having work done was necessary.

'Screen' is right, the red writing looks very suspect when compared with other instances of the same word in the same doc, and also with the 'Beautiful' Pebble Beach doc.:

EbDN1N6.jpg

MJ's 'of' has two pen strokes - o then upwards, then across, then f.

Beautiful looks completely wrong.

MJ's k formation of k in 'black' is curved upwards, not straight as in the red version.

The i, n and g in 'looking' look wrong.(The 'n' has no curve, the 'g' is not slanted)

The addition of a 'squiggle', to the J as a sig. looks wrong. MJ always wrote the letter M clearly in his 'MJ' sigs.

Last edited:
Anna;4302157 said:
More likely there's another sheet before this one that had all that other stuff on it and they just wrote about it out of order. Though why it isn't included in the article is suspect.

That’s actually very possible, especially since they claim the letter was attached to a newspaper clipping. So maybe it started with all the stuff relating to that article. Good point. But why post page two first then?

The red flags remain anyway: “a lot of Blacks have been ugly to look at” and “make these little white kids love me” sounds way off.

'Screen' is right, the red writing looks very suspect when compared with other instances of the same word in the same doc, and also with the 'Beautiful' Pebble Beach doc.:

EbDN1N6.jpg

MJ's 'of' has two pen strokes - o then upwards, then across, then f.

Beautiful looks completely wrong.

MJ's k formation of k in 'black' is curved upwards, not straight as in the red version.

The i, n and g in 'looking' look wrong.

The addition of a 'squiggle', to the J as a sig. looks wrong. MJ always wrote the letter M clearly in his 'MJ' sigs.

Wow, great observations! :) (y)

So, could it be that the letter itself is authentic, but someone “spiced it up” to get a higher payout for it?

In this case, I expect the “little white kids” to be in red ink, when we get to see the other pages.

ScreenOrigami;4302166 said:
So, could it be that the letter itself is authentic, but someone “spiced it up” to get a higher payout for it?

In this case, I expect the “little white kids” to be in red ink, when we get to see the other pages.

Yes, I suspect so. Though I wonder if we will ever get to see the 'little white kids' part.... Give them a bit, tell them the rest and they'll believe you.

myosotis;4302168 said:
Yes, I suspect so. Though I wonder if we will ever get to see the 'little white kids' part.... Give them a bit, tell them the rest and they'll believe you.

They had to throw the “little white kids” in to give MJ a reason to retrieve these particular pages from the ranch during the raid.

Without all the stuff in red ink, this would hardly be a story because MJ pretty much said most of these things on camera in 2002. It’s not a secret.

ScreenOrigami;4302086 said:
On the surface, the letter looks authentic, and it appears to align with Michael’s thoughts. But there are some red flags, the most obvious of which is in my opinion this part:

“Plus a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at.”

This is something a white person would write. A white person who wants to make you believe that MJ thought Black people to be ugly.

Black people in the entertainment industry usually look pristine, partly because of the systemic racism in the industry, because they know they always have to do one better to have a chance at success.

Michael looking “beautiful” (something that I also doubt he would say about himself) wouldn’t really be anything special, since everyone else already looked beautiful.

Look at all the Motown artists. Look at all the blues or rock ’n roll musicians. They’re wearing suits or luxury dresses, perfect hair and make-up, and are all around presentable all the time, even in private photos.

Also notice, how they (assuming it’s fake, which I do) changed the color of the pen, to make it more obvious that he went back to the letter to add some afterthoughts. Implying that he went back to the letter to add to it, and then claiming that he somehow removed it from the ranch during the raid (!) gives the whole thing more weight than it would ever have in MJ’s world which was scattered with random thoughts on scrap paper, for all we know.

Massive red flags, and I bet it will turn out soon to be a fake.

I agree with this post!!

Both of them dont look like mjs writing to me.tryibg to be ..Anyone got comparisions from the lieing sh1t from germany to compair

Agree re the obvious red flag comments that are obviously trying to stir up . Trying to hard comes to mind

I don't think that's a signature, it looks like a black arrow indicating to turn over the page. The line and the arrowhead just aren't attached. I don't know what the red squiggle underneath is.

I just asked someone whose judgement I trust to look at the letter, and he said – without me prompting anything – that the red handwriting is a different person and that it makes no sense that it says “You must be beautiful looking” when MJ wrote the whole letter in first person. This is from someone who has never seen any of MJ’s handwritings before.

elusive moonwalker;4302179 said:
Both of them dont look like mjs writing to me.tryibg to be ..Anyone got comparisions from the lieing sh1t from germany to compair

Agree re the obvious red flag comments that are obviously trying to stir up . Trying to hard comes to mind

As far as I recall, Jacobshagen’s English is terrible, that’s why people became suspicious of his “works” in the first place. So, this letter being in proper English, I don’t think it’s him, if we assume that the whole letter is forged. The red bits, maybe.

I’m still on the fence about the authenticity of the letter itself.

ScreenOrigami;4302181 said:
I just asked someone whose judgement I trust to look at the letter, and he said – without me prompting anything – that the red handwriting is a different person and that it makes no sense that it says “You must be beautiful looking” when MJ wrote the whole letter in first person. This is from someone who has never seen any of MJ’s handwritings before.

I don't see how "You must be beautiful looking [in this business]" makes no sense when he's making a generalisation. I guess he could have used "We", instead of "You", but they're both saying the same thing.

Anna;4302184 said:
I don't see how "You must be beautiful looking [in this business]" makes no sense when he's making a generalisation. I guess he could have used "We", instead of "You", but they're both saying the same thing.

Yeah, we just discussed this a few minutes ago actually. The generalization seems out of place in this particular context, since that part of the letter emphasizes the “I” so much. And as an empathetic person, Michael wouldn’t tell other people that they have to look beautiful, so a generalization feels unlikely. It’s a gut feeling.

ScreenOrigami;4302187 said:
And as an empathetic person, Michael wouldn’t tell other people that they have to look beautiful, so a generalization feels unlikely. It’s a gut feeling.
Yes he would. And that's why he felt the need to have work done.
The only thing odd about that sentence to me is the difference in font.

I always saw Michael as a black man and i'm black. it is true that some people from the black community left him because they didn't know about his diseases at the time.

i don't think michael would call his own race ugly. he did had a self image problem because of his father and brothers. other then that he always loved his race and culture.

i really believe this is fake at some sort. but michael was indeed "gangster" and sassy. like others said before Michael birthday is in a few days. so get ready for fake articles etc.

In an effort to support the theory that the letter itself (except for the red parts) is authentic, I tried to find the newspaper article about the June 1987 KKK march in South Carolina that’s mentioned in The Sun, but all I found is a march in Greensboro in North Carolina. Assuming that this is a simple mistake, I can absolutely imagine that MJ felt like writing his thoughts down after reading something like this:

“She said her 8-year-old daughter had asked her if the Klan would kill people when it marched again in Greensboro. ''Can I honestly answer no to a child who now does not remember her father because he was shot and killed by one of the same Klansmen?'' Dr. Nathan asked.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20160418152602/https://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/05/us/klan-s-carolina-march-kindling-fear-and-unity.html

Around this time, he was in the studio finishing his Bad album. Just for context.

So if the letter is real, the story could be that there was a stack of newspapers in the studio, he saw the article, and wrote all these thoughts down – thoughts that would make perfect sense with the album release and world tour ahead of him. And maybe the studio is also where someone “found” the letter.

Again, this is just an effort to support the theory that the letter itself is authentic. I’m not saying this is what actually happened.

*checks calendar and notices that Michael's birthday is coming up*

Gee, what a coincidence.

:love: I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL JACKSON FOR THIS TRUTH :wub:
myosotis;4302051 said:
From a UK tabloid today:

THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism in pop music

MICHAEL Jackson rails against The Beatles and Elvis in unearthed letters — which show how racism fired him to superstardom.

The never-before-seen 1987 notes — written at the height of his fame — reveal the singer’s anger over racial inequality.

A controversial figure throughout his life and since his death in 2009, he accuses popular US magazines and music network MTV of shunning black entertainers.

J**** even takes a swipe at white rock and roll stars, declaring “Elvis is NOT King” and vowing to show Bruce Springsteen “who’s boss”.

And in a shot at the Fab Four, he adds: “Yes these guys were good, but they weren’t better singers or dancers than the blacks.”

J**** declares he will one day rule as ‘the King’, declaring: “I am not prejudice, it’s just time for the first Black King now.”

He rails against America’s racist Ku Klux Klan organisation and targets parents he fears are raising children to be prejudiced.

The Man In The Mirror songwriter reveals he had set himself a lofty target of selling 200million copies of 1982’s Thriller — to make him a role model for kids of all races.

He wrote: “My goal is to become so ‘Big’, so powerful. To become such a hero, to end prejudice.

"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums.

“Make them look up to me. I will change the world.”

Thriller is regarded as the biggest selling album of all time, but fell short of *****’s pledge, with an estimated 66million copies sold.

In a passage, attached to a June 1987 newspaper clipping about a Klan march in South Carolina, he vows to use his creativity to stop racism seeping into the next generation.

The troubled megastar, who collapsed and died aged 50 after suffering a cardiac arrest, ended his rambling thoughts with the message: “I want what’s fair. I want all races to love as one.”

One confidante said the singer removed the notes from his infamous Neverland ranch in California during police raids over child abuse allegations in 2003.

They were passed to a pal.

Our source said: “Michael trusted his friends more than his family, and he wanted his treasures to be in safe hands.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12473339/michael-jackson-beatles-elvis-fury-racism-pop-music/

cZhGGgr.jpg

One thing I’m curious to see, if or when we get to see the other pages, is the source for this claim:

“The Man In The Mirror songwriter reveals he had set himself a lofty target of selling 200million copies of 1982’s Thriller — to make him a role model for kids of all races.”

In June 1987 MJ was in the studio, wrapping up his new milestone “Bad” that was to be promoted with one of the biggest tours in music history and several groundbreaking short films. Not to forget the Moonwalker movie and his autobiography. So, why the emphasis on Thriller sales at this point in time?

I don't think the red writing has been added by someone else. It all looks like Michael's handwriting to me. He has underlined many of his words with red pen - in my opinion, he went back and added the red part after the rest had already been finished, hence the word "plus" and then underlined the last four lines on the page for emphasis. I absolutely think the contents are within the scope of what Michael would say, under the right set of circumstances, if he was feeling a particular set of emotions. His writing had a specific style, whereby cursive letters and printed letters were mixed randomly and he also often wrote the same letter differently, at different times. An examination of other handwritten notes will demonstrate this. Michael definitely used red pen sometimes.....some of the handwritten notes I've seen photos of in auction catalogues have been in red pen.

ScreenOrigami;4302269 said:
One thing I’m curious to see, if or when we get to see the other pages, is the source for this claim:

“The Man In The Mirror songwriter reveals he had set himself a lofty target of selling 200million copies of 1982’s Thriller — to make him a role model for kids of all races.”

In June 1987 MJ was in the studio, wrapping up his new milestone “Bad” that was to be promoted with one of the biggest tours in music history and several groundbreaking short films. Not to forget the Moonwalker movie and his autobiography. So, why the emphasis on Thriller sales at this point in time?

I think it's just demonstrating the knowledge that Michael practised visualisation and goal-setting and often wrote down "mission statements" of sorts, detailing what he wanted to do in the future. It is well known that he wrote goals on post-it notes and attached them to his mirror and to the walls around his room. He set himself a sales target for Thriller (pretty sure it was 100 million, not 200) which was eventually achieved, so a comparison is being drawn between that goal and the additional goals being set in this piece of writing, e.g. "it's time for the first black king now" and so on.

Mikky Dee;4302272 said:
I think it's just demonstrating the knowledge that Michael practised visualisation and goal-setting and often wrote down "mission statements" of sorts, detailing what he wanted to do in the future. It is well known that he wrote goals on post-it notes and attached them to his mirror and to the walls around his room. He set himself a sales target for Thriller (pretty sure it was 100 million, not 200) which was eventually achieved, so a comparison is being drawn between that goal and the additional goals being set in this piece of writing, e.g. "it's time for the first black king now" and so on.

Possible. But they go on to claim:

He wrote: “My goal is to become so ‘Big’, so powerful. To become such a hero, to end prejudice.
"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums.
“Make them look up to me. I will change the world.”

So, this is in direct connection to the very unlikely “little white kids” comment. We are yet to see this page, and I expect some of this to be in red ink again.

Does anyone have any kind of authentic material where MJ refers to young fans as “little white kids” instead of “children of all races”? Please post it here.

Transcription:

Elvis is not king
Show Springsteen whose boss
I will have the entire Mags of Time, Newsweek, People.
I was very very angry. I had to prove myself, and change things.
Do it 200,000,000 for the white children, so they'll have Black heroes.
So they don't grow up prejudice, all kids.
Now what must I do out of anger on this album to prove myself.
There's a whole new generation of white kids who are children to the KKK
I saw on the news on Martin Luther King's birthday, these kids were watching their parents stone black people. They will grow up prejudice(d). They hate Blacks. My goal is to become so big, so powerful, to become such a hero to end prejudice to make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums.
Make them look up to me. I will change I have changed. +200,000,00 the world.

WHAT MADE THRILLER BIG
I have found that when I have a reason, a deep reason of anger, I really come through to prove myself like on Thriller.
I hated unequality in record business
Blacks weren't able to be on MTV, the most watched musical show.
Signs like Disco Sucks all over town
The cross over unequality
Not being able to be on cover of white publications.
being told 'we don't put Blacks on our covers, Blacks don't sale (sell).'
All this put fire in me to sale (sell) the biggest selling album
of all time to get recognition
to have whites and Black of all races love me
to be on cover of Time, Life, Newsweek
But I did it all out of anger, to get even, to prove myself.

I love White people, Black people, All races.
I want what's fair. Now is the time for my Kingship.
I want all races to love as one.
Now MJ the King forever.
Hide. Recluse. Genius. Billionaire.
Strange. Beautiful Face. Greatest actor, singer, dancer, performer.

Last edited:
Back