This Is It and Memorial Service get NAACP nominations

Re: MJ Nod for NAACP AWARD

Great for TII, but the Memorial service???
….I must be living in a parallel universe…… Is nothing sacred any more?
I seem to recall that the focus of this service was a golden casket bearing the mortal remains of a greatly loved public figure and family man, who was (very possibly) unlawfully deprived of his life.

Someone has not thought this through. On the awards night, there will presumably be short clips to introduce the nominations (cue scenes of emotional devastation at the Staples Centre). And how will the acceptance speech go? ‘I’d like to thank a certain doctor, without whom this memorial service might not have been possible’?? I hope Michael’s children will not be present for this travesty.

The memorial service was beautiful and dignified, thanks in large part to Mr Ortega and many of the cast/crew of TII ( notably musicians and vocalists). I hope that Mr Ortega will say thank you but no thanks to this nomination – don’t sell your souls for a mess of pottage. If an award is supposed to be intrinsically desirable then this one most definitely is not it.

This memorial service was about L.O.V.E not A.W.A.R.D.S

:clapping: Totally agree! I think it's disgusting that the memorial has been nominated as a "variety" show (or nominated at all). Unbelieveable.....

I haven't seen the first two movies, or Princess and the frog, I haven't heard too much about that movie though. But IMO, it should be between TII and Precious, I pray Michael wins, I mean, Precious is a great film, but TII just captivated me, and brought me to tears, which is rare for me and a film. I've got a different feeling towards the Memorial being nominated though, as this was time for family, and friends, us included, to just say goodbye (although he's always with us spiritually).

Wonderful for TII, but, what are these people thinking giving an award nom for Michael's memorial service! That's sacred! A lifetime achievement award is very appropriate.

Did you hear that the former head of the NAACP is blasting the current admin's decision to nominate the memorial. They said something along the lines that it was tasteless. I agree.

Did you hear that the former head of the NAACP is blasting the current admin's decision to nominate the memorial. They said something along the lines that it was tasteless. I agree.

Oh, yes, I agree and I hope they would do something to fix this. It really tasteless at the most.

Back