This is it extended version - release?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
I'm actually quite surprised that (given the amount of footage) more than five years no new version has been released. Do you think that will ever happen? Does anybody have a clue in which year a new version might be released?

Nothing is certain, but it is clear as to why Sony didn't allow any footage of the six unseen performances or behind the scenes at the trial.

I'm actually quite surprised that (given the amount of footage) more than five years no new version has been released. Do you think that will ever happen? Does anybody have a clue in which year a new version might be released?

It's possible. 5-6 years honestly isn't that long and Sony/The Estate have released a large amount of content in that time for someone who is now dead, which is another factor. Since MJ is dead, they will be saving material like this for releases further down the line.

I think it's very likely we'll see more footage from this down the line. Maybe not for a while, but someday.

I think it may be a focus in 2019, ten years after his death and the concerts should happen.

I think it may be a focus in 2019, ten years after his death and the concerts should happen.

Yeah, they should create a concert like event with each song that was rehearsed and bonus features should include behind the scenes, directing the band/dancers and crew etc.

They might do it after 10 years or maybe for Michael´s birthday 2018.
I hope they don´t wait until his 70th birthday.

''One or more anniversary editions'' make me smile maybe for the 10th and 20th they will include 3 unseen performances on each set? behind the scenes are just as important, if i'm honest.

There's a rumor that Sony is planning something for the 10th anniversary - unfounded, but people are speaking of it.

There's a rumor that Sony is planning something for the 10th anniversary - unfounded, but people are speaking of it.

I hope there is some truth behind this, the insight that KOPV provided into the unreleased performances is fantastic! it would be a shame if they were not to be seen, especially the reaction to the performances of 'Dirty Diana' from Tommy Organ & Orianthi! 'Stranger In Moscow' too, i recall Travis saying it was Michael's best performance of that song. Four other's, behind the scenes, brainstorming sessions etc.! I don't think an extended version would work, i'd prefer alternate rehearsals of 'Beat It' & 'Can't Stop Loving You' there's also a snippet of a very early rehearsal from TDCAU in the 'Dancing Machine Featurette' Michael's hair is down, i think it's at center staging! looks incredible..

I hope there is some truth behind this, the insight that KOPV provided into the unreleased performances is fantastic! it would be a shame if they were not to be seen, especially the reaction to the performances of 'Dirty Diana' from Tommy Organ & Orianthi! 'Stranger In Moscow' too, i recall Travis saying it was Michael's best performance of that song. Four other's, behind the scenes, brainstorming sessions etc.! I don't think an extended version would work, i'd prefer alternate rehearsals of 'Beat It' & 'Can't Stop Loving You' there's also a snippet of a very early rehearsal from TDCAU in the 'Dancing Machine Featurette' Michael's hair is down, i think it's at center staging! looks incredible..

What did Tommy Organ & Orianthi say about the Dirty Diana rehearsal?

What do you all think about the photo of 'Billie Jean' from the TII poster/cover etc.? every photo is taken from the rehearsal process, and it's likely that this specific one is also. You can tell it's from 2009, judging by his jaw structure/knuckles & wrist thickness. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e...e_affiche_this_is_it_zps40531dfd.jpg~original

But I heard he only rehearsed Billie Jean one time - and that's what's on TII.

Also the BJ picture looks from either dress rehearsals or from an actually concert. - Unfortunately I do not think it is from a TII rehearsal. :(

But one can hope.

But I heard he only rehearsed Billie Jean one time - and that's what's on TII.

Also the BJ picture looks from either dress rehearsals or from an actually concert. - Unfortunately I do not think it is from a TII rehearsal. :(

But one can hope.

No one can know for sure, i don't think they would just take a photo from some random source and place it with pics taken at the 2009 rehearsals.. anything is possible! would be great to see it in the right clothing one final time..

No one can know for sure, i don't think they would just take a photo from some random source and place it with pics taken at the 2009 rehearsals.. anything is possible! would be great to see it in the right clothing one final time..

Hell yeah it would !!

I am still so very very sad MJ did not get the chance to just perform one concert at least !!!

Hell yeah it would !!

I am still so very very sad MJ did not get the chance to just perform one concert at least !!!

Indeed, i emailed Alicia about it and she changed the subject completely.. maybe the info about the rehearsals are as top secret as the videos?

I'm pretty sure the Billie Jean pic in the poster might not be from This Is It at all. I have the poster on my wall and his skin seems to be darker. Could it be from Bad Tour? I saw better version of the pic somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

I'm pretty sure the Billie Jean pic in the poster might not be from This Is It at all. I have the poster on my wall and his skin seems to be darker. Could it be from Bad Tour? I saw better version of the pic somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

His skin seems darker because of the light's!

I can't wait 4 more years for more footage.... That's torture!

Are there actually dress rehearsal on tape? Or did he pass away before the dress rehearsal? :(

Are there actually dress rehearsal on tape? Or did he pass away before the dress rehearsal? :(

It's possible they had a black fedora at rehearsals and the sequin jacket, and maybe rehearsed it on June 23rd.. like when he rehearsed with the Smooth Criminal jacket & fedora, the same day!

I remember that the new costume designer said in one interview that he was supposed to come to the rehearsals with the costumes on June 25th.

I remember that the new costume designer said in one interview that he was supposed to come to the rehearsals with the costumes on June 25th.

As i said, he had the 'Smooth Criminal' jacket & fedora, it's possible they had a sequin Billie Jean jacket there also!

Back