This is it extended version - release?

I think that rehearsals were more for the back up dancers, backing singers and instrumenalists. Michael didn't need to rehearse all that much, because it was like riding a bike to him

6 unseen performances though, you can't say that you aren't excited to see them? especially 'Stranger In Moscow'/'You Are Not Alone'/'Dirty Diana' & 'Will You Be There' :wild:

6 unseen performances though, you can't say that you aren't excited to see them? especially 'Stranger In Moscow'/'You Are Not Alone'/'Dirty Diana' & 'Will You Be There' :wild:

I wonder if there was live vocals for SIM? THAT would be amazing.

I wonder if there was live vocals for SIM? THAT would be amazing.

I think SIM may have live vocals, judging by Travis Paynes comments on the performance.. i just hope they won't leave any song's out second time around ;)

I think SIM may have live vocals, judging by Travis Paynes comments on the performance.. i just hope they won't leave any song's out second time around ;)

I'd pay the extortionate cinema prices we have nowadays again to hear that segment alone.

I'd pay the extortionate cinema prices we have nowadays again to hear that segment alone.

KOPV's comments on WYBT get me very excited, also. 'Heal The World' isn't most desired, but i'd like it also!

If it's true Michael wasn't even going to wear those ridiculous and vomiting Zaldy outfits, it'd have a huge relief because he didn't think in Michael's needs as a dancer at all. I mean wearing shoulder pads (WBSS) a ten pound jacket (Black Or White), etc. :wtf2 He looked more bad ass with those Balmain jackets on even with those crazy pointing shoulders TBH.

It would be nice to see more performances but I want to see Michael being there talking too and just being there

If it's true Michael wasn't even going to wear those ridiculous and vomiting Zaldy outfits, it'd have a huge relief because he didn't think in Michael's needs as a dancer at all. I mean wearing shoulder pads (WBSS) a ten pound jacket (Black Or White), etc. :wtf2 He looked more bad ass with those Balmain jackets on even with those crazy pointing shoulders TBH.

Where the hell did that rumour come from? I mean in all honesty how would we know? I don't get what you mean by him not thinking in terms of Michael as a dancer at all. I believe it was Michael who wanted those shoulder pads too and was delighted when Zaldy found a way to have them that was completely lightweight but make them look heavy. It was part of creating an illusion that Michael so loved. He also managed to do something that no other designer had managed to do - make Michael dance in shoes other than loafers. I remember he made shoes that on the inside felt just like loafers but on the outside weren't. I can't remember the exact details because it's been years since I watched the featurette but he was clearly thinking about Michael's needs as a dancer. I partly agree with you on the 10 pound jacket though, as badass as it looks.

Most of Zaldy's outfits for TII were pretty cool. I liked the fact that Michael was in something new, edgy, fresh and modern rather than rehashing stuff from previous shows tbh. Not that the older costumes were bad, it's just that he was pushing everything in the TII shows - why not the outfits too?

I have a feeling some of you might think similar if he was to actually live for a dress rehearsal and wear those clothes while performing, instead of just lying there motionless on a rack or mannequin.

Last edited:
Where the hell did that rumour come from? I mean in all honesty how would we know? I don't get what you mean by him not thinking in terms of Michael as a dancer at all. I believe it was Michael who wanted those shoulder pads too and was delighted when Zaldy found a way to have them that was completely lightweight but make them look heavy. It was part of creating an illusion that Michael so loved. He also managed to do something that no other designer had managed to do - make Michael dance in shoes other than loafers. I remember he made shoes that on the inside felt just like loafers but on the outside weren't. I can't remember the exact details because it's been years since I watched the featurette but he was clearly thinking about Michael's needs as a dancer. I partly agree with you on the 10 pound jacket though, as badass as it looks.

Most of Zaldy's outfits for TII were pretty cool. I liked the fact that Michael was in something new, edgy, fresh and modern rather than rehashing stuff from previous shows tbh. Not that the older costumes were bad, it's just that he was pushing everything in the TII shows - why not the outfits too?

I have a feeling some of you might think similar if he was to actually live for a dress rehearsal and wear those clothes while performing, instead of just lying there motionless on a rack or mannequin.

I completely agree with you. When I first saw the bonus features on the bluray my jaw dropped, because those outfits fitted the whole THIS IS IT concept with the lightning, theatratics and dancers. I loved the outfits Zaldy made. I may be in the minority, but that's okay. Those outfits were new with hidden treasures within them, like the led lights and diamonds in them. It felt like a new chapter for the king of pop!

It would be nice to see more performances but I want to see Michael being there talking too and just being there

I would like this footage as well as the unseen performances, one Blu-Ray disc depending on how many layers they use.. can hold an average of 9 hours High def footage! the 6 unseen rehearsals would be around 30 minutes, add some behind the scenes & Michael speaking with the crew, conceiving the approach etc. i would say there are some great opportunities for the estate.

Although it's great to always see new footage, anyone else feel that they surely would have used the best footage for the original film? The performances of Dangerous and IJCSLY in the booklet's may just have been short run throughs, full of mistakes, or fumbled lyrics.

Regardless, I still want to see everything that was recorded, but the chances of them releasing full performances of songs may be slim. Wasn't it Michael Bearden that said that Michael's voice was really starting to sound great towards the end? Whatever they do release (IF they d) will be interesting. But you can be sure as hell they won't release any footage where he looks even remotely tired, annoyed or stiff.

First of all I never assured anything, that comment came from fans who saw Michael in that month saying Michael Bush and Denis Tompkins were stil Michael's head wardrobe and Zaldy was imposed by AEG but I don't know if they were truthful. That's why the IF was inserted. And secondly, how practical would have been for an almost 51 year old man wearing a 10 pound jacket.

Wasn't it Michael Bearden that said that Michael's voice was really starting to sound great towards the end? .

I don't think this is true, there are some great vocal performances from when Michael rehearsed at the forum.. for example 'Human Nature' & the intro to 'The Way You Make Me Feel' sound great! i'd love to see alternate rehearsals of already released song's in addition to those which are unseen.

I actually prefer MJ's trench coat on his Black Or White TII performance then his usual look from the Dangerous era. I thought it looked bad ass.

Wasn't it Michael Bearden that said thatBearden told Michael Michael's voice was really starting to sound great towards the end?

I don´t think he said Michael´s voice started to sound great, he said Michael´s voice sounded great and that´s what Bearden told Michael when Michael was leaving the last evening.

That jacket is about as practical as wearing a motorbike.

I think Michael should have worn the rehearsal jacket at the O2 residence, it fits the song perfectly! in addition, i love the laser jacket he wore on June 23rd.. worked so well with the light's! in a future release i also hope to see a little more from the light man rehearsal, i know there is around 50 seconds on the DVD but there is only 2 seconds on the Blu-Ray. I'm sure they can edit that to show at the beginning of 'Starting Something'! i have a feeling he rehearsed that song with the gold pants also (you can see him discussing how he would like the bass), so much interesting stuff.. i wish to see it all eventually.

in a future release i also hope to see a little more from the light man rehearsal, i know there is around 50 seconds on the DVD but there is only 2 seconds on the Blu-Ray.

What's this exactly? Doesn't make sense they'd have footage only on the DVD?

What's this exactly? Doesn't make sense they'd have footage only on the DVD?

They spread the exclusive special features across the formats so that way we would have to buy both DVD and Bluray.

^^ In the Blu-Ray version he says ''i'm gonna play the moment'' i'm sure there is more footage than that.

They spread the exclusive special features across the formats so that way we would have to buy both DVD and Bluray.

I know there was a basic one-disc version of the DVD, but I had the Collectors Edition DVD and standard Blu-ray. As far as I'm aware, all the features on those two DVDs seem to also be present on the Blu-ray for me.

Did anyone else notice that most of the June 23rd/24 performances were not included in the movie? Maybe the idea is to save the best performances for later editions

Did anyone else notice that most of the June 23rd/24 performances were not included in the movie? Maybe the idea is to save the best performances for later editions

Possibly, but a lot of the unseen performances were rehearsed at the forum.. for example 'Stranger In Moscow'

Do we know which songs were rehearsed on june 23rd and 24th?

Do we know which songs were rehearsed on june 23rd and 24th?

June 23rd: WBSS, Jam, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal, They Don't Care About Us, TWYMMF, Dangerous, Beat It, Dirty Diana, J5 Medley, IJCSLY, Shake Your Body (dance break) and Black Or White. I'm sure there are other's, can't recall right now though. On June 24th i believe he rehearsed: Dangerous, Thriller & Earth Song plus the band rehearsed We Are The World.. could be more, who knows?

Back