This Is It - Movie meetup for Aussies

So the actual premier is oct 31st? i hope to get tickets

I'm part of the facebook gathering. The girl who is organizing it booked a whole theater in advance for us so we're going on the premier date and have guaranteed tickets already. Maybe you could try to do the same thing here?

Payments for the FB mj fans have to be in by today. I got here a bit late!

Hi!! Welcome to Australia thread then! You might want to organise something for the Philippines? YOu can do it via Facebook too! I saw the video of the Prison immates dancing as a tribute to MJ!! It was very touching and inspiring how MJ's song are able to bring them all together!!
Thanks for welcome RainbowAngel..
yeah i want to have meet ups to.. but i don't think there is mj fans here who wants to join.. :(

you saw the inmates? yeah.. it was so cool and very touching.. :)

I'm part of the facebook gathering. The girl who is organizing it booked a whole theater in advance for us so we're going on the premier date and have guaranteed tickets already. Maybe you could try to do the same thing here?

Payments for the FB mj fans have to be in by today. I got here a bit late!
That cool , unfortnately i wouldnt be able to pay online for that.

Sydney fans....

Okay, I just got off the phone with a guy from Hoyts Chatswood.

I know for sure that myself and Vargak are going to that theater. We sort of want to stay away from the city center theaters because demand is going to be nuts. We'd rather go quietly if you know what I mean. Other's are celebrating, we will be crying....

So anyhow, the guy double checked with the 'upstairs management' for me and tickets for MJ's This Is It at Hoyt's Chatswood go on sale at exactly 12:01 am on Sunday, September 27th.

He said calls are coming in now, interest is high....so anyone who wants to make SURE they get a ticket needs to get on the website at like... 12:02am and buy their ticket before people wake up in the morning and then get theirs.

We want tickets for Oct. 29th (that first day it's out) and I believe that is what we are aiming for. Anyone who wants to go with us, send me a private message so we can coordinate a bit. We should discuss a time frame we want to see it in...like mid afternoon or evening, etc. We can always swap around our skype, msn, yahoo messenger handles or cell numbers, so anyone awake at that time to buy tickets... we can see the session times and all get the same one.

And... the dude I talked to was really cool! I told him our little group had to go...that we aren't just fans of late, that we've been fans for years, before the trial, etc... and we ended up in a conversation about MJ and how all that crap wasn't true. Was a nice little convo :D

Anyhow...

Message me :cheeky:

Just adding to this post....

I just talked to my local Event Cinemas and they started tickets sales early. They are already on sale on Campbelltown. I just bought my ticket for the 2nd time I see it!!!! If you plan to go to any Event Cinemas...call them now, they might be on sale.

Last edited:
Went to cinema at werribee plaza today and they have the tickets out tommrow!
and the ticket cost is the same as any other ticket

Hi! This is weird! Village and Event cinemas premiering the movie on 29 Oct but Hoyts have it on their website to be on 28 Oct! Do you think it's a mistake.

Do anyone know if getting the tickets online or buying it in person would be better?

Sydney fans....

Okay, I just got off the phone with a guy from Hoyts Chatswood.

I know for sure that myself and Vargak are going to that theater. We sort of want to stay away from the city center theaters because demand is going to be nuts. We'd rather go quietly if you know what I mean. Other's are celebrating, we will be crying....

So anyhow, the guy double checked with the 'upstairs management' for me and tickets for MJ's This Is It at Hoyt's Chatswood go on sale at exactly 12:01 am on Sunday, September 27th.

He said calls are coming in now, interest is high....so anyone who wants to make SURE they get a ticket needs to get on the website at like... 12:02am and buy their ticket before people wake up in the morning and then get theirs.

We want tickets for Oct. 29th (that first day it's out) and I believe that is what we are aiming for. Anyone who wants to go with us, send me a private message so we can coordinate a bit. We should discuss a time frame we want to see it in...like mid afternoon or evening, etc. We can always swap around our skype, msn, yahoo messenger handles or cell numbers, so anyone awake at that time to buy tickets... we can see the session times and all get the same one.

And... the dude I talked to was really cool! I told him our little group had to go...that we aren't just fans of late, that we've been fans for years, before the trial, etc... and we ended up in a conversation about MJ and how all that crap wasn't true. Was a nice little convo :D

Anyhow...

Message me :cheeky:

Just adding to this post....

I just talked to my local Event Cinemas and they started tickets sales early. They are already on sale on Campbelltown. I just bought my ticket for the 2nd time I see it!!!! If you plan to go to any Event Cinemas...call them now, they might be on sale.
Thank you so much! PM sent!

:)

For melb fans: i read in the paper there is a few mj performance tributes goin round one is at the werribee italian social club (which i will be going 2) just thought id let you guys know.

OK...sad news folks but I am not going to go any of the meetups at the cinema in Sydney..
If I bump into any of you I am glad but after experiencing a big disappointment today I have decided to go on my own ways..
sometimes when you lend a hand to help you are the one who gets left out so I have learnt my lesson ...

OK...sad news folks but I am not going to go any of the meetups at the cinema in Sydney..
If I bump into any of you I am glad but after experiencing a big disappointment today I have decided to go on my own ways..
sometimes when you lend a hand to help you are the one who gets left out so I have learnt my lesson ...

After a big misunderstanding gone awry, I'm going to buy myself a ticket in the morning to the Campbelltown/Macarthur Event Cinema Gold Class Viewing of TII (for my 1st viewing as I already have tickets for Nov. 2 with friends as well...) that is early... it's on Oct. 28th at 9pm (sydney AUS time which is way before the official 1st view in L.A....). If anyone wants to train it to Macarthur (the train station is right next to the square) I'd love the company... otherwise I'll see the premier on my own :)

Last edited:
thanks...I am just very very very disappointed in the person you know...
really sad...oh well live and learn:agree:

Your welcome

True

Omg i wnet to the cinema today to get the tickets and the girl said no i couldnt get them ..but the guy yesterday said i could! im so confused!

Vargak come on let's still go see it!
I'm stil up for Chatswood if someone/people wanna go?

We gotta do this soon guys cause the tickets go on sale in like 6 hours

For melb fans: i read in the paper there is a few mj performance tributes goin round one is at the werribee italian social club (which i will be going 2) just thought id let you guys know.

Hmmm. I went to see one on Thursday night in nsw at a club, so I'm assuming it's going to be the same impersonator in melb as he's traveling the country. It was Mj and a Tina Turner impersonator. Just wanted to let you know I thought the MJ was terrible!! I was actually embarrassed for him. (If it's the same guy) let me know if he constantly sings wrong lyrics or starts singing too late or too early into the song and then eventually realizes he's out of sync to the music and is like... shit... um..hmm what should i do? I know! I'll randomly talk to the audience to try distract them.."I love you guys!! Do you want me to come down there?" as IF I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU F'KED UP THE SONG, 'MICHAEL'!

Hi, I'd went to Chadstone Hoyts cinema today and asked them about the tickets sales, (they already have the posters up) and they told me to buy it online on Sunday since it's the quickest way. I forgot to ask what time. :-S I guess I'd just have to wait till midnight and check again tommorow morning then!

Back