This Is It - Your Analysis

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
When i watch TII movie I couldn't do nothing but cry and I refused to watch the Blu ray not right now my heart can't handle it. What hurts me is they knew Michael wasn't really ready for that concert and yes some of his moves were a bit slow personally i felt his lupus taking over him and at times it seems to me he was in pain. This is my opinion on it

Finally I got my TII DVD today. Now I have to force myslef to watch it:(

^ Wouldn't surprise me if that was true. But what's up with them losing the 2 year contract? They're not doing TII anymore so what's the deal?

I haven't gotten my BluRay yet...It's gonna be hard to watch, knowing all i know now.

He struggled doing the "side walk". It was painfull for me to watch how difficult for MJ is to do it.At the end of Beat It he was touching his legs like they are hurting him.He looked drugged and out of breath.In the end he was walking out of the stage like he is close to fainting.In Billie Jean when he was trying to do the "side walk" he almost fell.His talking is very strange like he is drugged.His eyes look empty doing some parts.

They were told they would loose their 2 year contracts that they signed and could be held liable for breaking the non-diclosure agreements with AEG. Good way to shut everyone up, huh?

So is this contract valid if they were called by LAPD or the DA to testify?
I don't see how an investigation can be complete without their testimonies.

I don't have the DVD yet as it isn't released in the UK for another month, so I can only go by my memory of having seen it at the cinema.

We don't know how many rehearsals were filmed so that might explain why there are only 12 different costumes. I personally believe he was attending rehearsals regularly. He seems well rehearsed, he knows the routines well - especially for someone hadn't performed a full concert for over a decade. There is no way it would look that good if he'd only attended 12 rehearsals.

The whole thing about Travis holding MJ up to support him... what part is that?? I don't recall that bit.

It's never ending...
For me the most suspicious part is when Kenny says to MJ (while he is on cherry picker): "Please hold on"... like MJ is gonna to faint and fall down... LOL MJ hung himself out of cherry picker on previous tours... now he is just slowly riding in cherry picker and Kenny says "please hold on".
The most painful moment is to see how MJ is out of breath in the end of Beat It...
But actually you see what you want to see :D

It's never ending...
For me the most suspicious part is when Kenny says to MJ (while he is on cherry picker): "Please hold on"... like MJ is gonna to faint and fall down... LOL MJ hung himself out of cherry picker on previous tours... now he is just slowly riding in cherry picker and Kenny says "please hold on".
The most painful moment is to see how MJ is out of breath in the end of Beat It...
But actually you see what you want to see :D

Yeah the end of beat it.He was close to collapsing.

I watched TII twice at the theatre and my emotions were so mixed up. I wanted to cherish every single Michael moment I wasn"t even breathing while watching....
But yes....some things were so painfull to see.
I guess some things just need time to see them as they really were.A few months ago you would be banned as hell by saying Michael was just way too thin . ( not on this board, thank god ).The true will come out.....sooner or later.

Another thing that worried me is that the overall picture was that of a project at a very rough draft stage.
From my little stage experience as a member of a dance company I can assure you that 3 weeks before such an event everything should be in place!!
Nothing seemed to be ready for a concert that was due to begin in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I don't have the DVD yet as it isn't released in the UK for another month, so I can only go by my memory of having seen it at the cinema.

We don't know how many rehearsals were filmed so that might explain why there are only 12 different costumes. I personally believe he was attending rehearsals regularly. He seems well rehearsed, he knows the routines well - especially for someone hadn't performed a full concert for over a decade. There is no way it would look that good if he'd only attended 12 rehearsals.
Michael did this choreography 2374893207489204783 times in his life or maybe more.

The whole thing about Travis holding MJ up to support him... what part is that?? I don't recall that bit.
Here you have it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ql0yX6aLE&feature=related

I have looked at alot of things in this movie and also outside of it, some things seem strange but there are alot of valid explanations for things, I will run through them later. Also can I mention something, Michael would have never left this thing unfinished!

I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. Travis is just there directing Michael. I see no "propping up" going on... MJ is dancing for Christ's sake. Some of you are making out like he was a complete invalid.

well, "ridiculous" or not, many people pointed out that Michael was never "assisted" or "directed" like that before. Not for a second were these persons "making MJ looking invalid": there is a great variety of possibilities between being "invalid" and "having the body of an astronaut" (quoting Randy Phillips).

For me this looks like Travis thinks Michael could fall off the platform.
Same with K.O and the cherry picker. KO repeatedly patronizes Michael and says hold on hold on,
so even Michael at some point says: "Whay would you say that?"

I mean - look at Michael, he´s been doing that million times

Look here in motion 5:45 - 6:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LpeRib1LrY

They were told they would loose their 2 year contracts that they signed and could be held liable for breaking the non-diclosure agreements with AEG. Good way to shut everyone up, huh?

Look at the very beginnng of this video. Thi is one of the TII dancers, after coming back to the Netherlands, where he lives.
He´s on the TV and the first information is that "he´s allowed to speak about it for the first time". Nice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHhppK9QK0&feature=player_embedded#

well, "ridiculous" or not, many people pointed out that Michael was never "assisted" or "directed" like that before. Not for a second were these persons "making MJ looking invalid": there is a great variety of possibilities between being "invalid" and "having the body of an astronaut" (quoting Randy Phillips).

For me this looks like Travis thinks Michael could fall off the platform.
Same with K.O and the cherry picker. KO repeatedly patronizes Michael and says hold on hold on,
so even Michael at some point says: "Whay would you say that?"

I mean - look at Michael, he´s been doing that million times

Look here in motion 5:45 - 6:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LpeRib1LrY

I really think you need to rethink the above comments, they are not factual one bit and you obviously are not looking at the bigger picture here. In fact read by someone with a clear understanding of the processes used to make these concerts and with a great knowledge of Michaels concerts in general what you just wrote borderlines comical

I really think you need to rethink the above comments, they are not factual one bit and you obviously are not looking at the bigger picture here. In fact read by someone with a clear understanding of the processes used to make these concerts and with a great knowledge of Michaels concerts in general what you just wrote borderlines comical

pffffffffffffff........
yeah, ok, next.

pffffffffffffff........
yeah, ok, next.

I think its me who should say next.

First of all you completely took Michaels own words out of context, Michael said "Why would you say that" in regards to Kenny telling him its on the low setting, knowing Michael would want to go higher and NOT in regards to him telling Michael to hold on, this is just plain ignorance. Second of all Michael has been on a Cherry picker plenty of times, last time was 8 years prior to This Is It and the last time he leant off one was 12 Years before, you think Kenny isn't doing his job if he is not cautious? Its a new cherry picker and the first time Michael had used it, you can see the technical people at the back aswell.

Okay about Travis Pain "holding onto Michael" and "I have not seen michael directed that way" this is utter nonsense, watch the specail features, for a start Michael is being directed by him because he is his choreographer its his Job to direct Michael, Second of All Travis Pain did the run through of Thriller several days before and more than likely choreographed that bit! Theres a scene of him doing it and I am pretty sure Michael is just watching it.

Another thing is, dont you think if they were worried that Michael might fall they would place some crashmats or something under it? Plus the fact you clearly see Travis signal Michael to move to the back of the ramp at the right point to for the music.

Next!

Why do some people leech onto every single negative thing about Michaels this is it? Look at the guy he is in his element!

I think its me who should say next.

First of all you completely took Michaels own words out of context, Michael said "Why would you say that" in regards to Kenny telling him its on the low setting, knowing Michael would want to go higher and NOT in regards to him telling Michael to hold on, this is just plain ignorance. Second of all Michael has been on a Cherry picker plenty of times, last time was 8 years prior to This Is It and the last time he leant off one was 12 Years before, you think Kenny isn't doing his job if he is not cautious? Its a new cherry picker and the first time Michael had used it, you can see the technical people at the back aswell.

Okay about Travis Pain "holding onto Michael" and "I have not seen michael directed that way" this is utter nonsense, watch the specail features, for a start Michael is being directed by him because he is his choreographer its his Job to direct Michael, Second of All Travis Pain did the run through of Thriller several days before and more than likely choreographed that bit! Theres a scene of him doing it and I am pretty sure Michael is just watching it.

Another thing is, dont you think if they were worried that Michael might fall they would place some crashmats or something under it? Plus the fact you clearly see Travis signal Michael to move to the back of the ramp at the right point to for the music.

Next!

Why do some people leech onto every single negative thing about Michaels this is it? Look at the guy he is in his element!

Yeah, directing him not to fall! That is why his has his arm out in front of him? What else do you think it is he is directiong him to do? Fly? Something is clearly wrong with your eyesight if you think Michael was ready to do this show. This is a man who would lose 5 to 6 lbs a night during tours. Do you really think he could afford to do that?
If you think he is performing just fine then you obviously haven't been watching him for long.
I'll give you this, you are right about what Mike said on the cherry picker, Mike liked to climb trees, of course he wanted to go higher!
Kenny however is clearly worried about him not holding on when he expected him to perform and hang off it for 50 nights? Doesn't add up, sorry.

Yeah, directing him not to fall! That is why his has his arm out in front of him? What else do you think it is he is directiong him to do? Fly? Something is clearly wrong with your eyesight if you think Michael was ready to do this show. This is a man who would lose 5 to 6 lbs a night during tours. Do you really think he could afford to do that?
If you think he is performing just fine then you obviously haven't been watching him for long.
I'll give you this, you are right about what Mike said on the cherry picker, Mike liked to climb trees, of course he wanted to go higher!
Kenny however is clearly worried about him not holding on when he expected him to perform and hang off it for 50 nights? Doesn't add up, sorry.

Whats the point in that ^^^

I mean for a start Travis pain has his hand out clicking his finger to the beat, second of all like mentioned above HE KNOWS THAT PART OF THE PERFORMANCE MICHAEL DOESN'T!!!

And again who is to say Michael was gonna hang from the cherry picker? He hasn't always! Again you are making things up and baseing everything on Michael circa 1997, he is 50 years ols, not superhuman, he had flaws but he excelled in that film, he dmade me and 99% of Fans proud!

:yawn:

Birchey, there is a whole section on this board, where you've got choirs of people
everyday saying things you've just written here.
but you're behaving like you're a big revealer of the truth and the voice of reason....

in this small unit we are trying to REALLY have a big picture
and maybe the one that is for many people hard to see.

This is it promoters are soo amusing to watch on this board. lol.

Sorry if I am promoting a positive film about Michael Jackson, and I think you find you are vastly outnumber by people who promote the film than people who rub it in the dirt

THIS WAS MICHAELS VISION, sadly the best we can see it, its a bloody insult to him, his legacy and everyone who broke their damn backs to make this all work! The Estate, Michaels family and kids are making money from this to ensure a better future!

I mean for a start Travis pain has his hand out clicking his finger to the beat, second of all like mentioned above HE KNOWS THAT PART OF THE PERFORMANCE MICHAEL DOESN'T!!!

Just one question: How may days before the departure to London was this rehearsal?

Birchey, there is a whole section on this board, where you've got choirs of people
but you're behaving like you're a big revealer of the truth and the voice of reason....

What exactly have you acheived as of date? And where is the point in investigating something if you don't consider all possibilities? I can't wait for this investigation to be over, then again no matter what is said, the hoaxers and people will always play against it!

daisy, it usually takes some people forever to see what we see. I saw it the first time I saw the movie in theaters...I just got a very bad vibe from the movie, poor MJ wasn't the same MJ I was used to seeing over the years and it didn't sit well with me.

My cousin who isn't really a BIG fan but simply an admirer thought that MJ and everything else in the film was top notch, the first time he saw it in theaters...well,now that he's seen the blu-ray about 3 times or more...he's starting to see what me and my sister have been trying to point out to him all along, that something, maybe many things weren't right.

To Birchey- Its ok if you're sticking with that the officials investigating this case are telling you (which sends you back in circles anyways just as much as the theories here) and I hope they will be able to answer questions too as they have the means...but if they haven't gotten anything right since the beginning, what makes you think they'll get everything right in the end?
Just, Let me know when you get your questions answered. In the meanwhile, please let us investigate on our own...we're only after Justice for Michael and his children because obviously no one else is for the moment ... we have a murderer or several on the loose, one primarily has been given license to prescribe medications again and is now considering a pending reality tv show...while Michael Jackson's family especially his children are forced to go through life without the only parent they ever knew who truly loved them.

Last edited:
daisy, it usually takes some people forever to see what we see. I saw it the first time I saw the movie in theaters...I just got a very bad vibe from the movie, poor MJ wasn't the same MJ I was used to seeing over the years and it didn't sit well with me.

My cousin who isn't really a BIG fan but simply an admirer thought that MJ and everything else in the film was top notch, the first time he saw it in theaters...well,now that he's seen the blu-ray about 3 times or more...he's starting to see what me and my sister have been trying to point out to him all along, that something, something wasn't right.

Yes, I know.
That's why we are having thread like this to help each other see things and think together about how to place these observations in the bigger picture.
:yes:

Yes, I know.
That's why we are having thread like this to help each other see things and think together about how to place these observations in the bigger picture.
:yes:

I understand where you are coming from and I understand we see different things, but you can put you're point forwards and I will put mine. But rather than just saying it looks like travis is stopping michael from falling and ending with that, I came up with an indepth answer, which makes perfect sense? I also understand I am vastly outnumbered in the section, and this is the reason people don't travel this far, but I feel I have a right to stick up for Michaels vision.

You really need to watch the behind the scenes and see how into this Michael was, he had a hand in everything, and the way he spoke about enviromental issues and the way he affected people on that show is remarkable, this is the reason I choose to be in that corner. Michael changed lives in those months nutured, taught and helped people, like they said, they were a family. what happened after that changed the world forever, this is it, is the las positive thing Michael did, and hearing him speak about how he wanted people to heed his message just closes the case for me.

Back