> Thriller 25 in USA: 156,558 copies sold

So, you think they should change all of their rules for this one album, lol...o...k

Here is the Catalog albums chart. Don't freak out if you don't see Michael on there yet. It hasn't been updated yet.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Pop+Catalog

Yes, they should change that rule for this album. I think there should be a rule "if there are new single releases from new tracks on the album it's not a catalog album"!

I'm not surprised if they soon shelve "Thriller" from the catalog album, too. By saying over 25 years old album are not eligible to chat at all.. :(

I'm still quite disappointed with the American fans. It did much better in the French charts. In the USA they have only twice as many sales as in France for a population that is five times as large...
what u talking about, T25 got a number 1:huh:

I get you point and I agree, but just a question. Wasn´t Invincible #1 in america even if it was only the first week or am I wrong?

yes, it sold about 350k in first week and then fell

keep in mind there was a little less promotion in the U.S. than other countries..

Most Thriller 25 commercials were made for out of the U.S.

Yes, they should change that rule for this album. I think there should be a rule "if there are new single releases from new tracks on the album it's not a catalog album"!

I'm not surprised if they soon shelve "Thriller" from the catalog album, too. By saying over 25 years old album are not eligible to chat at all.. :(

They don't seem "new" to me. Remixes are not entirely new songs. Even with Akon's best intentions, everyone knew what it sounded like 25 years ago, lol. I'm actually surprised it peaked at No. 81 on the actual chart! :lmao:

Last edited:
Sorry......I looked it up, its not Kenny Rogers but.......Kenny G's "Miracles - The Holiday Album," powered through 192,000 :lol::lol::lol:

Love

May I ask y'all this question?

Since when did a CATALOG ALBUM push over 160,000 copies? Anybody?

before making such posts read the previous pages carefully. it was clearly stated that kenny g was the highest entry in the top pop charts back in the nineties, and MJs entry at #1 spot with 160,000 sold is the 2nd highest entry in the history of that chart. thats a big achievement and the highest selling numbers for a MJ album since 2001. all stated in the previous posts.

people should acknowledge that achievement, and who knows, maybe sony has a little chat with billboard to let actually chart thriller 25 on the billboard 200. and if not its still #1 in the top pop charts.

They don't seem "new" to me. Remixes are not entirely new songs. Even with Akon's best intentions, everyone knew what it sounded like 25 years ago, lol. I'm actually surprised it peaked at No. 81 on the actual chart! :lmao:

i'm not. although it should have peaked higher.:)

In a way Kenny IS THE KING OF POP here in this photo :lol::lol::lol:
BTW I LOVE Kenny

kenny_26.jpg

the red shirt :)

Last edited:
Back