Thriller 40th Anniversary

I got caught up reading the Cascio tracks arguing lol, there's gonna be a press release tomorrow? at what time? Where was that announced?

Edit: I found the Estate's announcement, but what was revealed during the livestream?

Last edited:
I don't think they will reveal the final tracklist until October. The press release tomorrow will probably just announce the documentary due in December. I hope there's more information but it is the estate so don't expect much.

Behind The Mask demo - or the version as MJ left it - would be amazing. That's one of the things I really hope we get.

The version released on Michael is great - but I would love a version without the live-crowd, the live singing (from WBSS?) and the woman screaming. So a clean version would be great.

I really think this project will be good. Thriller in 4K finally. Maybe even The Making of and the musicvideos from Thriller remastered in 4K.

And some more demoes - This Is It (Never heard) demo would be fine IMO - also if it's just MJ and a piano. - Like we are the world demo. Great.

Can't wait for the track-list to be revealed.

Would love the 12 inch version of lady in my life! Or any other version that was recorded.

the song i really want is the video version of thriller being released. its shocking that version of the song hasn't been released at all. its the best one imo.

I think it would be nice to have the original demo of “Behind the Mask,” but if it’s anything like Greg’s (which, to my understanding, it is), it won’t come anywhere close to John McClain’s remix.

^^^

Nothing is for sure IMO.
Pretty much, even if the negotiations go well the Estate can still change their mind at the last minute. Hot Fun almost came out on Xscape but was pulled out from the album at the last moment, nothing is certain until the tracklist is revealed.

I do think this remix is 100% gonna be on the album though

Pretty much, even if the negotiations go well the Estate can still change their mind at the last minute. Hot Fun almost came out on Xscape but was pulled out from the album at the last moment, nothing is certain until the tracklist is revealed.

I do think this remix is 100% gonna be on the album though
I do too. I think it’s why they performed The Girl is Mine yesterday at One too.

I love everything about this. Staggering the announcements to keep us speculating, the fixed cover, and digital exclusives that seem to consist of the previously released material we were worried would clutter up disc 2…

Probably the strongest start to a project the Estate has had in over a decade. Here’s hoping the actual content measures up.

I love everything about this. Staggering the announcements to keep us speculating, the fixed cover, and digital exclusives that seem to consist of the previously released material we were worried would clutter up disc 2…

Probably the strongest start to a project the Estate has had in over a decade. Here’s hoping the actual content measures up.
Yeah, got to admit this sounds super promising. Wonder what the global events etc will be.

Can’t wait until next Monday. Just hope they don’t kick off the announcements with a Jason Derulo PYT remix.

Back