Thriller 40th Anniversary

So songs like For All Time and got the hots will not be on the bonus disc! Sounds like good news to me. More room for songs like behind the mask, she's trouble (more completed take than leaked) and more

Reactions: ssj
Hopefully they've got some cool stuff on there. Otherwise I don't see the point of staggering the tracklist like this. Hopefully not too much of the tracklist will be taken up by remixes.

Last edited:
Hopefully they've got some cool stuff on there. Otherwise I don't see the point of staggering the tracklist like this.
Yeah, this method gives off the indication that they’ve got at least a couple big titles on there. I imagine it’ll be an even mix of album demos, leaked songs, and maybe 2-3 totally unheard and unleaked tracks.

So, basicly every Monday till the week of release they'll unveil the bonus content.
Can’t wait until next Monday. Just hope they don’t kick off the announcements with a Jason Derulo PYT remix.
The press release says "rarities and demos".

I love everything about this. Staggering the announcements to keep us speculating, the fixed cover, and digital exclusives that seem to consist of the previously released material we were worried would clutter up disc 2…

Probably the strongest start to a project the Estate has had in over a decade. Here’s hoping the actual content measures up.
I wholeheartedly agree! I, like so many others, was worried that disc 2 would only have limited space for "interesting" tracks, but the way they've handled that is fantastic! 15 bonus track which were already released (so I guess extended versions, demos, and songs like Got the Hots or Carousel) available digitally, who would have thought that? Let's hope that the 10 bonus tracks will feature some surprises and fan wishes...

I want to drop this bomb here: what if the 2008 remixes are on the expanded edition?
surely they will be on the digtal edition since they've also done that earlier with the Super Deluxe Edition.

I want to drop this bomb here: what if the 2008 remixes are on the expanded edition?
I don't know why that would be considered a bomb. You can already see the tracklist of the digital exclusive tracks and the 2008 remixes are on there. It's not a big deal.

I wholeheartedly agree! I, like so many others, was worried that disc 2 would only have limited space for "interesting" tracks, but the way they've handled that is fantastic! 15 bonus track which were already released (so I guess extended versions, demos, and songs like Got the Hots or Carousel) available digitally, who would have thought that? Let's hope that the 10 bonus tracks will feature some surprises and fan wishes...
Got The Hots, Carousel, For All Time, Someone In The Dark will be on Disc 2 if they are really on the tracklist

After the joke that was yesterday's YT livestream (where the ,,one off special performance,, was a 5 minutes long,one song short performance of The Girl is Mine) plus today's press release where they announced that the first song from Disc 2 is getting revealead on The Labor Day (since when is Labor Day more related to Michael than his own birthday??!), I would keep my expectations low...I doubt that there are any real surprises.
Maybe I'm too dramatic tho,but they are dissapointing (at least me)to the core.

I don't know why that would be considered a bomb. You can already see the tracklist of the digital exclusive tracks and the 2008 remixes are on there. It's not a big deal.
what the crap
That's it! I'm not buying that Thriller 40 crap!I'm not supporting those clowns that are his Estate.

what the crap
That's it! I'm not buying that Thriller 40 crap!I'm not supporting those clowns that are his Estate.
Your money your choice. You most likely wouldn't get more tracks if those 2008 remixes were not there so I don't understand why you are upset about them.

Your money your choice. You most likely wouldn't get more tracks if those 2008 remixes were not there so I don't understand why you are upset about them.
Not just about them,but this whole Thriller 40 situation

What situation?
Maybe i would have liked more than one song yesterday during the ,,one off performance,, ?
Maybe i would have liked at least one song from Disc 2 to have been revealed today on his birthday?Since his birthday is maybe,maybe more related to him than Labor Day?
Not to mention that we initially had to complain about the terrible original cover for T40 for them to finally think about changing it.

You can already see the tracklist of the digital exclusive tracks and the 2008 remixes are on there. It's not a big deal.
Can you point me some directions, please? A screenshot or something? Thanks!

Track listing for the digital-only “disc 3”:
  1. Billie Jean (1981 Home Demo)
  2. Billie Jean (Long Version)
  3. Billie Jean 2008 (Kanye West Mix)
  4. Beat It (Demo)
  5. Beat It 2008 (with Fergie)
  6. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Demo)
  7. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Tommy D’s Main Mix)
  8. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 (with Akon)
  9. Human Nature (7” Edit)
  10. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (Demo)
  11. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 2008 (with will.i.am)
  12. The Girl Is Mine 2008 (with will.i.am)
  13. Thriller (7” Special Edit)
  14. Thriller (Def Thrill Mix)
  15. Thriller (Megamix)
No “Carousel” unfortunately, which leads me to believe it’ll be on disc 2. I kinda understand it — the full version was sorta thrown on The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection and never had the chance to shine.

Guys.. i've got really bad news. If the estate releases what has already leaked on this and includes at least two remixes that means that means we will only have 1 brand new song.

Trouble,
Starlight,
Carousel,
Got the Hots,
Hot street,
Slapstick (hot street demo),
Nightline,
FIRST REMIX (MAYBE KYGO' SAY SAY SAY)?,
SECOND REMIX (Would be one of the hit singles like Billie Jean)

Last edited:
2008 mixes????????? WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF! GOD PLEASE NO!! & old MEGAMIXES?? WHY IS THERE A THRILLER 40 ANYWAY.... why not dangerous 30, history 25.... I'd rather it have 10 unreleased bonus tracks THATS NEVER BEEN HEARD & 4k shorts....I refuse to believe the estate will actually use those horrible 2008 tracks. Now that I think about it. I haven't heard those tracks since 2008 & I don't care to revisit them. I will never understand why the estate do what they do. Because ain't no way. I'm so upset right now! & why do we have to wait weeks for a completed track list...that is pure dumb! They are from the 80s for one thing. They act like nasa is involved & they're waiting to reveal a top mission or something. It's not that serious. We still have months of waiting before the project is even out but that disc 3 could've been kept!! Why on earth would u release tracks that's already available to stream?? Wtf!

Last edited:
Back