TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Actually I think the movie should be extended to Christmas.. It can very well reach a hundred mil domestic in another 20 days, and I'm quite sure it's the kind of movie alot of people would go to on holiday..
After all it's not the plan to have released the dvd by then, so why not..? I'm sure other movies that were out before TII will still be there at Christmas time..

I think it is fair to remove it after Thanksgiving. This is a concert movie, not a drama...there is no point in dragging it for another month.

Most people who wanted to see the movie have already done so. What is the point of leaving in theaters for another month? So it could make 10K a day? Even Sony is not that desperate.

The sooner they take it out of theater, the sooner we will get the DVD.

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

The new album...

Are you sure?
I am not...

but if... I mean - what next - in 2-3-5-10.... years...?

Will we buy re-re-re-re-releases??? like Elvis/Beatles fans their records, if we can see that This Is Is album is not so successful as Number Ones released years ago...

What is another possible project like This Is It?
Vegas shows?
What could it be?

Will Michaels kids keep his music legacy (if they reach 18+) on?

I think it is fair to remove it after Thanksgiving. This is a concert movie, not a drama...there is no point in dragging it for another month.

Most people who wanted to see the movie have already done so. What is the point of leaving in theaters for another month? So it could make 10K a day? Even Sony is not that desperate.

The sooner they take it out of theater, the sooner we will get the DVD.

C'mon, it's not gonna do 10K a night.. I mean, why is Paranormal Activity still out, making a few hundred thousand at best each night..? It's way pass its peak and it's still there, cumulating gross each day, probably to make it one of the most successful movies of its kind at the end of its run..
And for ANY movie, a plain month -which is precisely what TII is given- in theaters is way too little.. Yes, most make the greatest share of their gross during this month, but the're not pulled out of the theaters after the month passes..

Bear in mind that there was at least a single blockbuster release for every week TII was out.. And a very big number of movie-goers don't have the chance to go to the cinemas more than once a week.. There's still people who haven't seen it, still people who would go and see it. I'm sure TII would find a very substantial audience in Christmas time..

Am I seeing this right? TII topped Japanese BO for the 3rd weekend. They sure love him over there.

Am I seeing this right? TII topped Japanese BO for the 3rd weekend. They sure love him over there.

Yes, Michael is HUGE in Japan.

They are having Michaelmania over there. I wish I could join them.

so does anybody know how much TII has done WORLD WIDE so far? (including this week up until wed).

That is why I love Japan.... TII album is doing great there too... KOP Japan version as well.

Also, for people who said that TII album is not doing as well as Number Ones.. Guess what? TII sold another a hundred thousand copies this week totaling over 650, 000 in it's third week. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Also, if you count the sales worldwide, it has surpassed a million already... Does anyone know the total?

That is why I love Japan.... TII album is doing great there too... KOP Japan version as well.

Also, for people who said that TII album is not doing as well as Number Ones.. Guess what? TII sold another a hundred thousand copies this week totaling over 650, 000 in it's third week. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Also, if you count the sales worldwide, it has surpassed a million already... Does anyone know the total?

US Sales for THIS IS IT are 690,000 (3 weeks) , Worldwide sales are 1,180,000 (2 weeks). Once the numbers for the third week are added to the worldwide figures expect totals around 1,400,000+

1.4million's not too shabby at all considering how many hits albums MJ sold this year before TII was even released.

They are having Michaelmania over there. I wish I could join them.

japanese love michael so much and the media also respect michael. they are the first ones to invite michael to japan after 05 allegation. they always stand by him.

so does anybody know how much TII has done WORLD WIDE so far? (including this week up until wed).

The last global figures released were at the end of Sunday which said the film had grossed $222.6 million worlwide. Now I would imagine worlwide figures right now are currenlty about $225-230 million maybe more.

Given how big MJ is in japan, i was happing that Sony would have allocated more theatres to TII instead, TII is playing in only about 360 theatres9 (approx.).

In the US too, considering the small number of theaters it is in, it's not doing bad at all. I say to the contrary, turn out shows there's still interest in the movie, it hasn't faded out. I wish it could also be given more time here..

When will we get the WW figures for this week (ending fri 11/20)?

Actually speaking of Japan, SMAPXSMAP will have a "Michael Jackson This is it" special as their next show airing on Monday. They'll be interviewing Jermaine, Kenny, Lionel Richie and Will.i.am.... should be GREAT promo for the movie :wub:

No doubt about it, Japan looooves Michael.

Actually speaking of Japan, SMAPXSMAP will have a "Michael Jackson This is it" special as their next show airing on Monday. They'll be interviewing Jermaine, Kenny, Lionel Richie and Will.i.am.... should be GREAT promo for the movie :wub:

No doubt about it, Japan looooves Michael.

Because of you I ♥ SMAPXSMAP! :wild: Do you know if it will end up online? I bet it will be great! They just love Michael so much, their reactions in 2006 where amazing!! :wub:

Because of you I ♥ SMAPXSMAP! :wild: Do you know if it will end up online? I bet it will be great! They just love Michael so much, their reactions in 2006 where amazing!! :wub:

LOL I've converted you have I? After Michael, SMAP is my crack! :lol:

And yes, fans usually upload the shows within a few days after they air. SMAP are good friends with the Black eyed peas now (they've appeared on their show 3 times already), so it should be a lot of fun! :wild:

And yes, fans usually upload the shows within a few days after they air. SMAP are good friends with the Black eyed peas now (they've appeared on their show 3 times already), so it should be a lot of fun! :wild:

Yes you have... thank you for that :p I enjoyed that ep. with MJ so much, even with the non-subbed version. You didn't even need words to understand their emotions and reactions - takes a fan to recognize :wub: I thought they were all going to fall over lol.

Oh good, I'll definately want to see it. Wow, that is awesome!! Ah, it's going to be good!! :wild:

Hey, girl... Are you a Johnny's fangirl too? =p or just Smap?
I've been wanting to ask you that question for forever! :D

That's Kimura Takuya in your avatar right? And Nakai is hilarious. I love him...
It's great to know that SMAP is doing a This Is It Special... They're so nice! and I love how they respect Mikey.. That makes me love SMAP more.

I was, well still am a big fan of Arashi but after Michael's death, I've completely abandoned them. But they are my happy pills too aside from Mike.. :lol: Though, musically... I can't live without MJ!

In the US too, considering the small number of theaters it is in, it's not doing bad at all. I say to the contrary, turn out shows there's still interest in the movie, it hasn't faded out. I wish it could also be given more time here..

In comparison to the number of cinemas that showed the previous documentary and concert film records (Farenheit 9/11 and Hannah Montana), more than 3000 screens is ALOT.

Sorry for going OT, just ignore us lol

Hey, girl... Are you a Johnny's fangirl too? =p or just Smap?
I've been wanting to ask you that question for forever! :D

That's Kimura Takuya in your avatar right? And Nakai is hilarious. I love him...
It's great to know that SMAP is doing a This Is It Special... They're so nice! and I love how they respect Mikey.. That makes me love SMAP more.

I was, well still am a big fan of Arashi but after Michael's death, I've completely abandoned them. But they are my happy pills too aside from Mike.. :lol: Though, musically... I can't live without MJ!

I know all the Johnny's groups, but I'm mostly a smappie. I was really into Kat-tun for a while, but that's cooled off now.

I'm hearing that this is Arashi's year in terms of success. Even though I don't really pay attention to them, I love watching Matsujun's dramas.. *ahem* I love a good Nakai/Ohno fight too! :lol: And actually I'm the opposite as you, I went back to smap after Michael passed since they were a nice distraction from everything MJ related.

And yep, that's Takuya Kimura in my avatar.. I'm not really a fan of his (especially this year, I think his popularity has gotten to his head), but I thought it was a beautiful picture. You know us girls are powerless when it comes to Johnnys eye candy :lol:

Since we're on the topic of SMAPXSMAP, there are 2 hilarious interviews with the Black Eyed Peas where will.i.am talks about working with Michael. I've been thinking about translating them sometime and posting them here, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. :scratch:

This IS It just Lost 1400 screens in USA !

he only has now 1 600 screens

expect only a 2M WE and 74 M for the Final BO !

Too Bad...

Do thearters drop the film because its performing baddly or is Sony pulling screens because its near the end of it's run?

Do thearters drop the film because its performing baddly or is Sony pulling screens because its near the end of it's run?

it's currently doing badly...only 110 K each day per Theater...

That not means it did not do well at the BO....It means that now...in a lot of theaters, it's doing badly...

nah that's not bad at all considering other new movies like The men who stares at goats/the 4th kind are pulling the same number as well. BTW 110 K each day per theater

it's currently doing badly...only 110 K each day per Theater...

That not means it did not do well at the BO....It means that now...in a lot of theaters, it's doing badly...

Sad, but This is it has reached its theater potential, now its time to release the DVD!

Will it be the biggest selling music DVD?
:fortuneteller:

:punk:

:timer:

Being the top music concert movie in history domestically and internationally is perfect for me. Of course, TII should have done $100 million domestically, but I can live with the $70-75 million. It puts him as #1 and that's as it should be. No concert movie, completed or not completed, equals the magnificence of the gifted one's entry.

In comparison to the number of cinemas that showed the previous documentary and concert film records (Farenheit 9/11 and Hannah Montana), more than 3000 screens is ALOT.

i don't think it's at 3000 sometime now..

Back