TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

it's currently doing badly...only 110 K each day per Theater...

That not means it did not do well at the BO....It means that now...in a lot of theaters, it's doing badly...

All the other movies that are in the BO top10 were released later than TII, so it's NOT abnormal that number of screens is reduced, and it's NOT doing bad if it's grossing a few hundred K per weeknight.. Stop the drama, you're a champion of negativity..!

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

This IS It just Lost 1400 screens in USA !

he only has now 1 600 screens

expect only a 2M WE and 74 M for the Final BO !

Too Bad...

spare me..

This Is It should gross about 2.5 million in the US this weekend taking totals to $71 million going into next week. I expect another 4-5 million for it's final week in theaters taking final numbers to $75 million in the US. This is amazing for a concert movie and officially holds the #1 spot, beating Miley Cyrus' record. In foreign markets it should gross another $25 million+ before its pulled from theaters taking total global numbers to just over $250 million! (also the #1 concert movie of all time).

And for those who are interested...

A quick update on Twilight's New Moon. The flick pulled in over $25 million from midnight screenings alone last night. Early estimations are that the movie will bring in a staggering $110-115 million this weekend in the US alone. Add in foreign numbers and that figure jumps to $250-275 million! Once this movie wraps up in January, final US numbers will be $260 million+ while global numbers closer to $750 million!

The original Twilight grossed $191 million in the US and is currently the 104th most successful movie in US history. New Moon will very likely get into the Top 50 of this list. ($250 mil+) and depending on it's performance through the Holiday season, get into the the Top 30 ($306 mil+). Worldwide figures (US & Foreign), the original Twilight did 351.5 million and is currently the 152nd most successful movie of all time. It is my opinion that New Moon has the very strong potential to storm into the Top 30 movies of all time worldwide, grossing $760 million+

Last edited:

Twilight, most ridiuculous fanatism ever.

OK so back to TII, for its FINAL weekend in thearters, we should try and gather as many people we know and drag them to the thearters so it can go out with a bang.

Being the top music concert movie in history domestically and internationally is perfect for me. Of course, TII should have done $100 million domestically, but I can live with the $70-75 million. It puts him as #1 and that's as it should be. No concert movie, completed or not completed, equals the magnificence of the gifted one's entry.

Yep, it has accomplished quite a lot already.. highest grossing concert movie and highest grossing documentary worldwide. Anything after is icing on th cake :wub:

Yep, it has accomplished quite a lot already.. highest grossing concert movie and highest grossing documentary worldwide. Anything after is icing on th cake :wub:

and it's perhaps not over...

Oscar nominations are coming...

I only hope it could stay in the theaters just a bit longer.. till Christmas.. i wish.. it would surely gross a 100!

TII Is being extended till Dec 3rd.

Why do you say it has been extended? It hasn't. It was announced weeks ago that the movie would remain in theaters until after thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving weekend is next week...and the movie will be pulled out the following thursday.

They don' t normally remove movies on monday or tuesday...movie weekend starts on friday, therefore it makes sense that they would stop running it at the end of a movie week (thursday)

Its ON December 3rd in Canada and officially since 2 weeks. Maybe its now the same for USA because on facebook, the TII page said its in the theater until dec 3rd

yeh its in the theater until Dec 3rd according to SonyPicture twitter site

So it looks like TII will do $1.5 mil this weekend taking its totall gross so far to just over $70md. I'm guessing it will clock out at around $72-75 md, with a world wide gross at around $260-273md. Not Bad.

When everything is all said and done...TII would have achieved the very cool distinction(s) of being called...

The "Highest Grossing CONCERT film/documentary of all time" both domestically and WW.

The third "Highest Grossing Documentary DOMESTICALLY of all time" right behind "Farenhight 9/11" which grossed $119md and "March of the Penguine" which grossed $77md.

And the "Highest Grossing DOCUMENTARY (of any kind) of all time" the World Over, overtaking "Farenhight 9/11" which grossed $222.4 md world wide.

Pretty damn good indeed.

Last edited:

Quick New Moon Update:

Twilight's New Moon did 72 million Friday, expect another 35 million Saturday and 20-25 million Sunday for a total of over $130 million this weekend. The movie has broke 3 records already and is looking for a worldwide first weekend gross of a staggering 280-300 million!

Can somebody update the box office figure worldwide in the thread title please?

Quick New Moon Update:

Twilight's New Moon did 72 million Friday, expect another 35 million Saturday and 20-25 million Sunday for a total of over $130 million this weekend. The movie has broke 3 records already and is looking for a worldwide first weekend gross of a staggering 280-300 million!
Can you STOP postin New Moon news in this thread, thats very annoying...who cares about NM seriously.

Can you STOP postin New Moon news in this thread, thats very annoying...who cares about NM seriously.

Totally agree. I truly don't get the appeal of these movies. But again I must be weird because the five times I saw TII, most upcoming movie trailers I was like "BOOOORINNNNG"

Quick New Moon Update:

insane numbers.

^

Oh.... teen agnst.... I never do get the appeal of it....

TII has done extraordinarily well-the success of it has been phenomenal. Thrid highest grossing documentary in the US and highest grossing documentary in countries such as the UK and Japan is an amazing feat. Please lets not compare it to Twilight-if teen girls want to spend their pocket money over some emo vampire that sparkles or whatever it does then go ahead!

$430,000 Friday night.. Again not bad, considering the competition and the clear sweep of TNM.. And the theaters where TII is staged have reduced dramatically, which makes its half-million gross daily even more impressive.

What impresses me though is how well Paranormal Activity continues to do, for a movie that's been out so long and which people consider for some time now that it has finished its circle.. Its distributing company leaves it on theaters and it continues to gross equivalent numbers to TII per night.. I'm SO sure TII would also have such a performance should it stay a few more weeks in the theaters.. And break not few records more, -as PA is doing in its own genre..

I wish Sony could listen..

It will be in theaters the thanksgiving weekend which is great news. I think TII final numbers for the US will end up at $75 million...just a hunch. Global numbers will be very close to $260 million. That is phenomenal for a music concert movie. If you notice there is a huge similarity between the movie sales and CD sales. For instance, in the US MJ will end up selling around 7.5 million albums this year (This Is It will gross 75 million/$10,ticket price, and you have 7.5 million people who seen it). The last day in theaters is December 3rd which is a Thursday. So there is still time left to see it.

TII has done extraordinarily well-the success of it has been phenomenal. Thrid highest grossing documentary in the US and highest grossing documentary in countries such as the UK and Japan is an amazing feat. Please lets not compare it to Twilight-if teen girls want to spend their pocket money over some emo vampire that sparkles or whatever it does then go ahead!

I agree. TII is its own phenom.

I only hope it could stay in the theaters just a bit longer.. till Christmas.. i wish.. it would surely gross a 100!

No, I think it's seen its best numbers in the states. Christmas is only a month away and it'd have to pull in $5 million a week to reach $100m. That's highly unlikely at this point.

I'm glad the run is ending now after Thanksgiving. That just means we'll get the DVD sooner, which I hope has loads and loads of extras.

It's sure that TII is the Highest Grossing CONCERT film of all time.
Is TII also the highest grossing documentary both domestically and internationally?

BOX-OFFICE RECORDS THIS IS IT HAS ACHIEVED:

-First documentary EVER, in history to become the #1 film in the WORLD
-First concert-film EVER, in history to become the #1 film in the WORLD
-“HIGHEST GROSSING-OPENING” EVER for a documentary WORLDWIDE
-“HIGHEST GROSSING-OPENING” EVER for a concert film WORLDWIDE
-the "HIGHEST GROSSING CONCERT-FILM" OF ALL TIME

I wish it could finish around 80 mill...but that would only happen if enough people go see it during its LAST weekend in thearters.

$430,000 Friday night.. Again not bad, considering the competition and the clear sweep of TNM.. And the theaters where TII is staged have reduced dramatically, which makes its half-million gross daily even more impressive.

What impresses me though is how well Paranormal Activity continues to do, for a movie that's been out so long and which people consider for some time now that it has finished its circle.. Its distributing company leaves it on theaters and it continues to gross equivalent numbers to TII per night.. I'm SO sure TII would also have such a performance should it stay a few more weeks in the theaters.. And break not few records more, -as PA is doing in its own genre..

I wish Sony could listen..

I sooooo wish Sony would put it back in the Imax. It was sooooo much better than in regular cinemas. I'd go back many more times but I've search every Imax in a 50 miles radius but no luck.

Back