TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Domestic: $71,800,000 29.9% (better Week end than expected it seems despite the lost of theaters)
+ Foreign: $168,231,852 70.1%
= Worldwide: $240,031,852

Worldwide Yearly 2009 18

Foreign figures will be updated soon...

it's still in the cinemas here and im definitely going this week. one extra =D

I really hope it reaches 250M before December 3rd.

Do we know if the December 3rd end run is for all countries? I have read the movie is performing extremely well in Japan, they should leave it in theater for a while longer in these countries.

According to IMDB TII is so far this year's 19th most watched movie with $239,202,401. :)

There's still few days left!!!

Week end results

10. Michael Jackson's This Is It $828,976

total $71.8

From IMDB, updated yesterday: $240,344,424 !

It could easily pass 250M until Dec 3rd !

Why there is no foreign update? We have got 168 mil for 2 weeks!!! For sure it's not actual!

I'm shocked !

the movie was n°2 last week in Japan. It dropped only 1% from previous week and guess what ?

the movie is no more in theaters !!

It grossed there more than 40,5 mds !!

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=foboweeklychart&country=Japan

weird strategy from sony !

It's so weird. I think the last running date in japan was Nov27. I heard many people called the theatres and asked them to extend the running, but it seems that sony still closed it.
Sony had already got their 135 millions profit, of course, they wanted to end the movie's running and keep earning their profit from DVD sales.
240million - theater owners share - advertising &distribution expenses= around 135million
After $ony got their 135million profit, the estate can have 90% of the rest. This is why Sony end the movie's running NOW!

overall the movie did huge. whoever in the press puts a questionmark on that is just a dork

The numbers haven't changed for TII since Nov 29th in IMDB..

Finally, Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT, which ended its highly successful run in most territories on Tuesday, took in $180.0 million internationally (more than $250 million worldwide), making it the most successful concert film of all time.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2009-Is-Sony-Pictures-prnews-3332794962.html?x=0&.v=1

Impressive....MJJ would have been proud.

All the haters fall back!!! Those who downplayed the movie's success as an overseas phenomenon....think again. 72M$ in the States & Canada, over 180M$ in the rest of the world.

Great job!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Impressive....MJJ would have been proud.

All the haters fall back!!! Those who downplayed the movie's success as an overseas phenomenon....think again. 72M$ in the States & Canada, over 180M$ in the rest of the world.

Great job!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Indeed!!! And another way of putting that is a quarter of a BILLION DOLLARS!!!!

There is not, never has been, and never will be another entertainer like MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON!

Back