[TV ALERT] Michael Jackson - «The Immortal World Tour», le documentaire [Unseen MJ Footage]

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
Calling out French fans!

A French documentary called "Michael Jackson - «The Immortal World Tour», le documentaire - Toute une soirée avec Michael Jackson" was aired yesterday on the French TV channel "ARTV". It included lots of clips of MJ performing, and especially an unseen clip where he rehearses dancing in the dancing room in Neverland. All clips are in HD (upscaled of course).

Here is a clip of him dancing in the room from the documentary - sadly only filmed with a video camera!

[youtube]EKc4E9DduMY[/youtube]

Now, I kind of doubt anyone recorded this (if you did, shout out!).

but the chance is here again! The documentary re-airs tomorrow, so please, any French fan or anyone with this ARTV channel, could you record it using a HD recorder (preferably) or something like this?

Here is an article about the documentary:
http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nou...949-le-cirque-de-michael-en-documentaire.html

It says: Diffusion sur ARTV le samedi 17 mars à 21 h. Rediffusion le lundi 19 mars à 13 h.

Thank you for your attention :)

EDIT: Longer version after we got the doc:

[video=youtube;awm3VRu2HFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awm3VRu2HFM&feature=g-all-u&context=G206016eFAAAAAAAAAAA[/video][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
a fan from mjfrance recorded it and he will upload it soon : http://www.mjfranceforum.com/index.php?topic=25173
Quebec? Really, I didn't know!

BTW, the member on that french forum recorded it via videocamera, not directly. What we want is directly recorded. So much quality is lost when recorded using a videocamera :)

I hope someone will record it tomorrow. If not tomorrow, next time in France like you said.

EDIT: I translated the text on the forum and it looks like the person DID record it using a DVD recorder :) And that the two clips in that thread is just filmed with his phone to show us.

In that case, it's all good :) I would hope he used a HD PVR though.

He recorded the whole doc with a dvd recorder and the parts you can watch on youtube now with his iphone

English maybe? It sounds like it was recorded by English people, but with French over the top.

This has footage of Michael in the studio. SHARE!!!!!!!!

The unseen footage of Mike dancing at Neverland, with smoke machine, it's so cool! I wish they release some footage like this!

Michael is so amazing in his dance room. I always love to see Michael's studio footage, how he worked on his dance and music. That's the real treasure to me now.

Yeah, it's from a Canadian channel. It'll also be shown on ARTE (France) and ZDF (Germany). So it's more of a 'calling Canadian, French and German fans!'.

Pentum;3611697 said:
It included lots of clips of MJ performing, and especially an unseen clip where he rehearses dancing in the dancing room in Neverland.

How do you know? You didn't even see the documentary. You just saw a trailer for it with clips of MJ performing. The same old clips from Bucharest they kept using in their promos, over and over again.

Apparently the documentary features about half an hour of the Immortal show. No surprise since it's more of a 'making of' type of documentary. Here's the exact quote:

Quelques jours avant le retour de Michael Jackson, The Immortal World Tour au Centre Bell (du 20 au 22 mars), ARTV diffusera le documentaire d'Adrian Wills sur le spectacle rock acrobatique du Cirque du Soleil, créé à Montréal au mois d'octobre dernier. Les chaînes européennes ARTE et ZDF diffuseront également le film, qui contient environ 30 minutes du spectacle.

full article: http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nou...949-le-cirque-de-michael-en-documentaire.html

Yes, same old clips, but they might look better than what we alrady have on the DVD. It's upscaled footage, something we need more of today in the MJ world. if you watch the trailer on the page I linked, you can see different performance clips.

The only NEW clips are probably the dancing rehersal and the one where MJ visits Cirq in 2004.

Looks like a great documentary!!!!!!!!!!

The new footage is awesome!!!!!!

The studio clip reminded me of how flawlessly Michael can moonwalk!!!!:bow:

And the MSG concert is aired in HD after the documentary.. if someone could record the 2 things in HD, then we can compare the quality with the version we already have :)

the concert was already shown yesterday. and i think they dont show it again.
only the special will be shown again.

the concert was already shown yesterday. and i think they dont show it again.
only the special will be shown again.
This is not clear on ARTV's website..
If I click on the program schedule Monday or Thursday, I'm redirected to the program aired Saturday 17th which plan to broadcast the concert after the documentary.. So I don't know if they will show it again.
And if we want to record in HD, we have to record from ARTVHD. That is the high-definition simulcast of the channel.

150px-ARTV_HD.PNG

The documentary will be aired on the European channels ARTE and ZDF but we don't know the date yet.

Waw I am always amazed at how fluid and smooth Michael's moonwalk is. No one else does it that good!!!!!

The uploader of the video said
"This is from a french Documentary about The Immortal World Tour by Cirque du Soleil !
An amazing documentary aired last night !
I'll? upload this in full quality soon
maxrobitaille87 9 hours ago"

Back