[TV ALERT] Michael Jackson - «The Immortal World Tour», le documentaire [Unseen MJ Footage]

I see no problem with Michael/his team coming up with the title King of Pop. People with less talent and success have similar nicknames, why shouldn't Michael? It's a marketing tool, and a pretty good one, I think. I hate when the press calls him the self-titled KOP, because it doesn't matter who first came up with that name, what matters is that people actually call him that because the name suits him so well.

Branca ...., why he even mentioned anything regarding the so.called KoP titul...?
its low blow for all MJ fans defending MJ against tab media and haters.

:wacko:

BTW, all YouTube vids are gone, the user deleted them, why?

Last edited by a moderator:
a question. i didnt watch it yet, cause i think this special includes a lot about the show. and i will see the show in december.
and i dont want to see too much about it before the concert.
so is there a lot of MJ footage in there? and if yes, can someone tell me on what minute?

a question. i didnt watch it yet, cause i think this special includes a lot about the show. and i will see the show in december.
and i dont want to see too much about it before the concert.
so is there a lot of MJ footage in there? and if yes, can someone tell me on what minute?

I watched it last night but I can't tell you the exact minutes that MJ was in it cos it's been taken down but I will tell you what new MJ clips there were.

1. An extended sequence of Michael dancing to Jam at Neverland.
2. Footage of a J5 soundcheck from Florida in 1970.
3. Footage of the J5 arriving at a hotel and having a pillow fight. Appears to be from the same time.
4. Some raw vocals from the soundtrack are played. MITM is incredible.
5. A pic of MJ in the studio from what looks like Invincible era.
6. Quite a few pics are shown. Some that I haven't seen before.
7. Footage of Michael visiting Cirque headquarters in 2003 and a pic of Michael at a Cirque show in the late 80's.
8. There are some moving interviews with people who worked with MJ. I couldn't pick up everything they said cos of the French dubbing but there were a lot of emotions on display and one of the History Tour dancers who did choreography for Cirque got really upset.

You can probably find most of the Michael bits online. I definately would not recommended watching the whole thing cos there are huge spoilers and many of the big effects are shown.

are the mj clips viewable anywhere anymore?

Unless MJ or/and his people called up Liz Taylor right before the 89 Soul Train awards I don't see how he self proclaimed himself "The King Of Pop" when she was the first to say it publicly! But, what he did do clearly is adopt the name soon after and so the hell what? He is deserving of that title and an even bigger one. I would have perferred "The King Of Entertainment" actually! Cause good or bad press he obviously entertained all kinds of people in his career and life.

He was being called the new "King of Pop" in 1984 actually so it appears Michael didn't come up with it himself.

tumblrlvhz6tuh8p1qb07v0.jpg

I watched it last night but I can't tell you the exact minutes that MJ was in it cos it's been taken down but I will tell you what new MJ clips there were.

1. An extended sequence of Michael dancing to Jam at Neverland.
2. Footage of a J5 soundcheck from Florida in 1970.
3. Footage of the J5 arriving at a hotel and having a pillow fight. Appears to be from the same time.
4. Some raw vocals from the soundtrack are played. MITM is incredible.
5. A pic of MJ in the studio from what looks like Invincible era.
6. Quite a few pics are shown. Some that I haven't seen before.
7. Footage of Michael visiting Cirque headquarters in 2003 and a pic of Michael at a Cirque show in the late 80's.
8. There are some moving interviews with people who worked with MJ. I couldn't pick up everything they said cos of the French dubbing but there were a lot of emotions on display and one of the History Tour dancers who did choreography for Cirque got really upset.

You can probably find most of the Michael bits online. I definately would not recommended watching the whole thing cos there are huge spoilers and many of the big effects are shown.

thanks for this.
maybe someone can really tell WHEN this all appears on the documentary.

He was being called the new "King of Pop" in 1984 actually so it appears Michael didn't come up with it himself.

lol. so it was the MEDIA itself who called him that. haha :D
another good argument for me for the future, when i have to say something against the MEDIA. THANKS :)

He said on the MJ France forum that he removed them cos Cirque made a copyright claim.

:doh: they are idiots. they will profit from this. thats free promo for the tour.
and thats why the showed this on TV. showing something on tv or internet creates attention.

Thank you for this!!!!

Guys, save this picture and anytime on any discussion on the net, USE this picture as your/our argument-proof that that was media that titles Michael the King Of Pop.

If anyone has another sheet of (news)papers like this one, pls, post it here...

So basically Branca is saying that Michael called himself the King of Pop? Fans, me included, have always defended this and said that Michael did not proclaim himself King of Pop but now we have an estate executor saying the opposite. Not good.

There were a few articles where people who worked with MJ in the Dangerous era said they had been instructed by his PR manager to refer to him as KOP on posters, radio shows etc. Radio DJs said it had been the condition of getting "Black or White" single. And remember promotional banners for the Dangerous tour? Michael definitely made sure the title stuck. Branca is simply telling it like it was. Michael wanted a huge legacy, and he wanted to be remembered as the king.

There were a few articles where people who worked with MJ in the Dangerous era said they had been instructed by his PR manager to refer to him as KOP on posters, radio shows etc. Radio DJs said it had been the condition of getting "Black or White" single. And remember promotional banners for the Dangerous tour? Michael definitely made sure the title stuck. Branca is simply telling it like it was. Michael wanted a huge legacy, and he wanted to be remembered as the king.
true and as said in earlier posts mj was been called the kop by fans and the media during the bad era and back to the earlier 80's.the name wadnt just created and pushed from 89 onwards. brancas talked about this before so its not new

True. And quite frankly, I see nothing wrong with that.

If you watch the BJ VIctory tour promo video, the fans call him KOP there too. it was 1984!
the media is jumping on the thing that he insisted to be called that in the early 90's. who said it first don't seem to matter to them.
right or wrong, never mattered to me. it was stupid that they over and over exaggerated that "self proclaimed" crap.

The were rumors back in the 90's that michael instructed liz taylor to call him KOP for the awards show ( i remember her on stage doing a speech but dont recall which awards it was) and that when the whole kop hysteria really went crazy. The thing i dont understand is how the media made a huge deal bout it as it wasnt anything bad imo , it was cool

Fans should just rename him "King of Entertainment", because that's what he is.

ri7v40.gif

The were rumors back in the 90's that michael instructed liz taylor to call him KOP for the awards show ( i remember her on stage doing a speech but dont recall which awards it was) and that when the whole kop hysteria really went crazy. The thing i dont understand is how the media made a huge deal bout it as it wasnt anything bad imo , it was cool
Belittling mj. putting him in his place.trying to take away his achievments. in the words of little richard a black man will never be a king in america

I want someone to upload just the Michael parts from this documentary. I don't want to see the Cirque parts as I plan on eventually seeing the show when I move to America. Can someone upload just the Michael parts from the documentary please?

Belittling mj. putting him in his place.trying to take away his achievments. in the words of little richard a black man will never be a king in america

Very true and its disgusting that the media are such pig headed people that think they own this world

Back