Unpopular opinions

There's generalizations and unpopular opinions.

Unpopular opinion: "I think that Britney Spears is a musical legend and her music is much better than that of Stevie Wonder's."

Generalization: "MJ fans can't appreciate good music if it bit them in the butt."

One could say that the generalization is an unpopular opinion, but there seems to be a big difference in between the both of them.

Well the generalization is still an unpopular opinion its up to the person how they wanna label it but its still an unpopular opinion... some of the so called unpopular opinions in here are not even unpopular opinions there just flat out ridiculous insane statements. It would at least have to make some sort of sense and not just saying anything like what some people have done to this thread...

LMP is placing herself to be seen as Michael's widow and her latest little stunt wasn't about Michael but about her.

I don't like LMP. Is that unpopular enough?

These are my unpopular opinions!
Chris Crocker is talented.I really think he is very artistic person.
The eccentricity is a gift.
Michael Jackson is the best male singer in the history of the music.People always fight with me about this.
Unpopular opinion in the Michael Jackson fan base.
He wears wigs - some people are kinda hysterical about this one.But it is obvious.Who are we lying to?
Michael's best song are recorded in the 90s.I'm kinda sick of this Thriller shit all over the news.Dangerous was EPIC, this is the ultimate pop album.

Andrew Ridgeley was Wham! If you notice, George Michael's solo music was mostly depressing topics or whining about stuff and not fun.

Johnny Mathis is a better singer than Frank Sinatra.

...Similarly, those who condemn all similar pop musicians for the sake of defensive jealousy that Mike is not the alpha and omega of the music world - this again goes back to having no scope beyond one pop star. Or those who strive to see themselves as the "best" or "bigger" fans and marginalise anyone who may have an inkling of criticism towards the man himself, forgetting the main reason why the overwhelming majority of us became fans in the first place, and that is the art.

Nah, some of the fierce defensiveness is actually due to the marginalizing and even belittling of MJ's talent and the man himself. It's not so much we have "no scope beyond one pop star". Quite the contrary, we recognize MJ is one of many gifted artists. We just resent pundits and so called music purists etc. often relegating him to some kind of second class journeyman, because he didn't play a guitar or write lyrics they deemed worthy.

And yeah, fans tend to have a knee jerk reaction to criticism of MJ because so much was leveled against him. He was generally raked over the coals, was the punch line to millions of jokes, was debilitated and humiliated, and even had his freedom threatened. We go on the defensive because of all the condemnation and crap that was thrown at him, not only because of some serious misjudgements and mistakes on his part, but owing to envy and that wierd dichotomy in human nature to tear down what is built up.

I do happen to think he was the greatest entertainer that ever lived. But not because I don't think others are great. It's just that MJ was the one that connected to me like no other. That's a personal thing, owing to factors I can't explain and don't try to anymore. So yeah, MJ might be MY alpha and omega, but that doesn't mean I believe he is for entire world. Just for me. I wouldn't personally try to convince any one to feel the same, but I can understand why others out of frustration for the way MJ is often regarded, would.

Nah, some of the fierce defensiveness is actually due to the marginalizing and even belittling of MJ's talent and the man himself. It's not so much we have "no scope beyond one pop star". Quite the contrary, we recognize MJ is one of many gifted artists. We just resent pundits and so called music purists etc. often relegating him to some kind of second class journeyman, because he didn't play a guitar or write lyrics they deemed worthy.

And yeah, fans tend to have a knee jerk reaction to criticism of MJ because so much was leveled against him. He was generally raked over the coals, was the punch line to millions of jokes, was debilitated and humiliated, and even had his freedom threatened. We go on the defensive because of all the condemnation and crap that was thrown at him, not only because of some serious misjudgements and mistakes on his part, but owing to envy and that wierd dichotomy in human nature to tear down what is built up.

I do happen to think he was the greatest entertainer that ever lived. But not because I don't think others are great. It's just that MJ was the one that connected to me like no other. That's a personal thing, owing to factors I can't explain and don't try to anymore. So yeah, MJ might be MY alpha and omega, but that doesn't mean I believe he is for entire world. Just for me. I wouldn't personally try to convince any one to feel the same, but I can understand why others out of frustration for the way MJ is often regarded, would.

lol..already saw someone on here, who took another's opinion so personally, they decided it was not an opinion..(not you)

anyway..i agree with much of what you say. the one thing i don't agree with is that he was one of many.

it's really simple. if the sun is hot, i will say it's hot.

i've seen footage of MJ, from years back. some of the dancing that he didn't do in his videos, but on his variety show with his brothers. to be honest, in my opinion, his talent was so great, it was a threat to some in the media. and he knew it. so, he relegated it to the variety show. i've heard some recordings of his, in the motown era, where his voice was so powerful, that i think Gordy was threatened by it.

so..i say, MJ is the best ever. that is my opinion. it doesn't make me crazy. it's just the same as me saying the sun is hot. if the sun was a little cooler, i would say so. it has nothing to do with belittling other artists. i think he sang better than Paul McCartney. people fall into the trap of marginalizing MJ, because it's the status quo thing to do, or else, you'll sound like a deranged fan. they never quite get it..that, it's simple. i saw footage of his talent in action, and i'm simply acknowledging it. i saw footage that i think many fans didn't even see. but, in time, maybe they'll see it. but they shouldn't have to see it. did you see how he spun, when he spun? you're not supposed to be able to do that. ice skaters would kill themselves if they spun like that, on the ice. when he sang, the backup singers needed reinforcements to match him in volume. media accused him of turning the volume down, in the mix, because the other singers couldn't keep up. they just didn't have the room in their svengali brains, to just admit..that was the actual power of MJ's voice.

and, another thing..as for this goddammed pettiness over the POSSIBILITY that MJ MIGHT have lip synced? sooo what!!! he has earned the right, long ago, to stand still on stage. and, from what i saw..that was enough to knock people out, too. there is another art form. it is the ability to knock you out, no matter what the configuration. those people who say Beyonce sings her heart out, were not selling out the stadiums to the degree that MJ sold out stadiums. so the numbers don't agree with the aereudyte(sp..help me please, lol)opinions.

the configuration of his talents on stage, put people in the hospital. 5000 a night. if the combination knocks you out..i really don't understand the protest.:)

now..back to the lip syncing 'controversy'. i don't think he did. and, of course, nobody's opinion matters to me, but my own. whcih is the case with everybody and their opinions, for them.

i paid money to see him. if i never heard anybody else's opinions, and i saw him, i would have never guessed that he lip synced. and nobody is better than me, and i'm no better than anybody else. having heard everybody else's opinion, i still think he didn't lip sync. i have ears. i watched him. i paid my hard earned money, so i have nothing to lose by what i say. i needed to be entertained in my life. and he entertained me. he satisfied what it took to satisfy me, entertainment wise. i never regretted spending money on him. i'm here on this site, like some of the others who don't agree with my opinions. what i saw on that stage, was totally convincing to me. so..he did his job. i'm not one of those people who is going to act like i was excited, and then, say that i wasn't excited.

i'm honest. if there were more musicians who had the talent of Michael Jackson, i would be the first to say so.

i'm still looking for them. check that. no i'm not. MJ satisfied my requirements. if sony never releases another of his songs, it'll be ok. if nobody else puts out any more music...it will be ok with me.

so i'm not having tunnel vision, just for the sake of it. i don't have it, at all.

i'm not here to make comments, designed to impress a critic's critic. i'm here to be honest.

Last edited:
The Charmbracelet album by Mariah Carey is underrated, and possibly Glitter.
Damita Jo by Janet is underrated.
HIStory is underrated.

Under The Cherry Moon is a great movie that's funny, and the best movie Prince made. Now 3 Chains O' Gold is another story, lol.

Janelle Monae is the most talented female artist of this generation!! She is the only artist right now who I think is a great singer, dancer, and an artist..I can also say that her album is one of the best albums that I have heard in a LONG time!!

No, it's not. This is fact. The other is purely subjective opinion.

if you're going to post that, you open yourself up to the response. i will explain where i am coming from. the conviction i feel when i say what i say about Michael Jackson, is the same as the conviction i feel when i say the sun is hot. that is why i said 'it's like ME SAYING the sun is hot. the interpretation of the most copies sold of an album (Thriller), or how the sun might 'feel' to other possible entities in the cold reaches of space, is a whole other (theoretical)discussion. what the sun actually is, i am seperating from the point i am trying to make about my convictions, concerning how i feel(my opinion)about Michael.

I never understood the hype around Will i am. I've heard alot of the songs he's produced and i don't think they're all that great.

I think I'm going to go for a spectacular unpopular opinion double bluff by saying that Thriller actually was MJ's best album after all, contrary to what the committed fan community says about the likes of Dangerous (which I'm not denying the utter brilliance of, by the way). Don't let overfamiliarity blind you to just how good Thriller is. Just play it through entirely, and have a proper listen. If you have musical tastes that are identical to mine, of course. :p

I also happen to think that the HIStory Tour wasn't as bad as people tend to say it was, and that the Thriller era was when MJ was at his best looking (contrary to all those 'vimmen who drool over Bad era MJ).

I also completely impartially believe that I am the finest painter, printmaker and writer that ever lived, but that's veering off the music subject slightly. :p

lol..already saw someone on here, who took another's opinion so personally, they decided it was not an opinion..(not you)

anyway..i agree with much of what you say. the one thing i don't agree with is that he was one of many.

it's really simple. if the sun is hot, i will say it's hot.

i've seen footage of MJ, from years back. some of the dancing that he didn't do in his videos, but on his variety show with his brothers. to be honest, in my opinion, his talent was so great, it was a threat to some in the media. and he knew it. so, he relegated it to the variety show. i've heard some recordings of his, in the motown era, where his voice was so powerful, that i think Gordy was threatened by it.

so..i say, MJ is the best ever. that is my opinion. it doesn't make me crazy. it's just the same as me saying the sun is hot. if the sun was a little cooler, i would say so. it has nothing to do with belittling other artists. i think he sang better than Paul McCartney. people fall into the trap of marginalizing MJ, because it's the status quo thing to do, or else, you'll sound like a deranged fan. they never quite get it..that, it's simple. i saw footage of his talent in action, and i'm simply acknowledging it. i saw footage that i think many fans didn't even see. but, in time, maybe they'll see it. but they shouldn't have to see it. did you see how he spun, when he spun? you're not supposed to be able to do that. ice skaters would kill themselves if they spun like that, on the ice. when he sang, the backup singers needed reinforcements to match him in volume. media accused him of turning the volume down, in the mix, because the other singers couldn't keep up. they just didn't have the room in their svengali brains, to just admit..that was the actual power of MJ's voice.

and, another thing..as for this goddammed pettiness over the POSSIBILITY that MJ MIGHT have lip synced? sooo what!!! he has earned the right, long ago, to stand still on stage. and, from what i saw..that was enough to knock people out, too. there is another art form. it is the ability to knock you out, no matter what the configuration. those people who say Beyonce sings her heart out, were not selling out the stadiums to the degree that MJ sold out stadiums. so the numbers don't agree with the aereudyte(sp..help me please, lol)opinions.

the configuration of his talents on stage, put people in the hospital. 5000 a night. if the combination knocks you out..i really don't understand the protest.:)

now..back to the lip syncing 'controversy'. i don't think he did. and, of course, nobody's opinion matters to me, but my own. whcih is the case with everybody and their opinions, for them.

i paid money to see him. if i never heard anybody else's opinions, and i saw him, i would have never guessed that he lip synced. and nobody is better than me, and i'm no better than anybody else. having heard everybody else's opinion, i still think he didn't lip sync. i have ears. i watched him. i paid my hard earned money, so i have nothing to lose by what i say. i needed to be entertained in my life. and he entertained me. he satisfied what it took to satisfy me, entertainment wise. i never regretted spending money on him. i'm here on this site, like some of the others who don't agree with my opinions. what i saw on that stage, was totally convincing to me. so..he did his job. i'm not one of those people who is going to act like i was excited, and then, say that i wasn't excited.

i'm honest. if there were more musicians who had the talent of Michael Jackson, i would be the first to say so.

i'm still looking for them. check that. no i'm not. MJ satisfied my requirements. if sony never releases another of his songs, it'll be ok. if nobody else puts out any more music...it will be ok with me.

so i'm not having tunnel vision, just for the sake of it. i don't have it, at all.

i'm not here to make comments, designed to impress a critic's critic. i'm here to be honest.

People at his concerts are not fainting because of his talent but because they have no identity. They suffer from pathological obsession.
I am saying this as a psychology student.

About lip sync: You don't hear it because you don't want to hear it. It's obvious to everyone else.

People at his concerts are not fainting because of his talent but because they have no identity. They suffer from pathological obsession.

About lip sync: You don't hear it because you don't want to hear it. It's obvious to everyone else.

not only are you morbidly wrong, but something is wrong with someone who reasons by way of chopping down another person. being in school doesn't make you educated.

you hear what YOU want to hear. don't blanket everyone else into your category, because there are others who don't agree with you, and the number doesn't matter.[with your logic, the inventor of the light bulb would have been wrong, because he was in the minority of people who believed in what he was doing, ...yet he proved them wrong]. and people don't faint at just any concert. you have to have a magnetism that comes from a talent. there are people who faint there, who have no sexual thoughts whatsoever, along with those who do. talent is talent. and it's always going to be hard to take someone seriously, who says the things you say, but is on this site, as a member, at the same time. save your comments for someone who no one talks about..whose name no one knows..who incites indifference...for someone who doesn't have numerous sites dedicated to him(involving fans and media as members), that are active all the way up to June 25 2009 and beyond, no matter what comes out of members' mouths. but you know there is great satisfaction in MJ's music when naysayers are on this site. i've seen more naysayers on MJ sites than any other artists. that shows that the music has the power over the individual...and so does Michael's talent.

Last edited:

Whoa...that's some gross generalization. Temperature and other individual physical factors play a major part. But I'm not even going to bother to google fainting for the various reasons because I know that a lack of identity and pathological obsession does not apply to many who faint at concerts. I am saying this as student of common sense.

^^^I took psychology to lol and thats not the reason. There is a wide range of reasons why people faint and especially at concerts. Sometimes it has nothing to do with psych it could be medical or the excitement causes someone to faint not necessarily because they have a obsession disorder.

Anyway, The Beatles are kinda overrated.

Whoa...that's some gross generalization. Temperature and other individual physical factors play a major part. But I'm not even going to bother to google fainting for the various reasons because I know that a lack of identity and pathological obsession does not apply to many who faint at concerts. I am saying this as student of common sense.

So true and so awesome!

Back