Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

If the Jacksons didn(t know this, I think they will know it very quickly. I already saw some tweets about this, and it's on the KOP board now.

And on one french forum too.

I think Taj, must check the MJ boards, so the Jacksons will know very fast...

I hope Katherine will cancel this interview.

I am only interested in knowing whether the needs
of Michael's children are being met. :yes:
The rest is all non-creative "Jackson Family " dramas.

Asedora, I am going to agree with you on this. I cannot find anything to say that AEG currently produces her show. I also think that there connection is not so cut and dry. When you have a show like Oprah's, she is bound to cross paths with a company like AEG at some point. After what I have been able to find, I don't think this is a case of AEG controlling Oprah either. I think she acts quite independently.

I have decided I will not panic. Their previous relationship is something to keep in mind. But I do not think it is a reason to go in hysterics over.

I do not agree with Katherine's decision to go on Oprah at all. I think it is in very bad taste. But I am not going to bash her over it. I also, cannot say I am not weary on what is going on behind the scenes with regard to who is influencing her. I do think she wants to do what is best, but "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". So the fact that her intentions are pure does not necessarily put me to ease. With that said, I do believe she loves MJ and wants what is best for him and I do think she would like to die knowing she in some way helped to clear his name. What mother wouldn't want this for her son?

But I am not going to add to my fellow members fervor by implying that Oprah is under the control of AEG. Until I get something more conclusive, at least for me, that line has been drawn.

I agree with this. AEG probably helped when she did those live shows outside. You know like the one with the Black eyed peas performance and that big Flashmob they did?
I could see how a company like AEG would be involved with that.
Otherwise AEG probably has nothing to do with her show.

I think we all need to take a deep breath about this whole thing.
I don't think doing this interview was a smart choice in some ways (like I said before), however at this point we'll just have to wait and see what was said and done.

Autumn II;3018356 said:
That seems pretty clear, doesn't it?
(The significance will be for the attorneys to figure out?)

http://www.lalive.com/eventsales/aeg-digital.html

hdr-aegdigital.gif

AEG Digital Media is the leader in live event production, delivering
the highest quality end product efficiently and reliably. With a full
staff of industry professionals and advanced production facilities,
our studio and the L.A. LIVE campus provide a fully interconnected
production playground. AEG Digital Media has produced live
broadcast events including the Michael Jackson Tribute, Live Earth
and the Olympics; on-demand streaming events including the Democratic
National Convention, the GRAMMY® Awards,
the MTV Video Music Awards and The Masters Golf Tournament;
and high-profile national broadcasts including American Idol,
Extra! and The Oprah Winfrey Show.

I'm not the most tech savvy or industry savvy person, but I think the "digital" moniker in a company refers mainly to internet related aspects, including streaming, websites, etc.

Oprah's show I believe is wholly owned and produced by Harpo Productions, that is Oprah. I believe she is fully independent of AEG and any corporate entity, except in contracting them for their services. They may be accountable to her for her purposes, but she is not accountable to them.

Of course, anyone can look into this further, if they want. It seems pretty wide-ranging, and includes television "content production." In terms of the television interview, those involved in ongoing lawsuits would be wise to keep pretty low profiles until the criminal trial is finished, and both lawsuits have been dealt with by the courts. In my opinion. . . . If there is any connection, past or current, with the company Katherine is suing (and there seems to BE), best not to air the interview?

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h2 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 18pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-weight: bold; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }span.Heading2Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=71984984

October 14, 2010 3:59 PM ET
Media
AEG Digital Media, LLC
SnapshotPeople
Company Overview

AEG Digital Media, LLC is a multimedia production firm that provides content production and distribution across television, mobile, and broadband platforms. The company was formerly known as AEG Productions, LLC and changed its name in October, 2009. AEG Digital Media, LLC was incorporated in 2008 and is based in the United States. The company operates as a subsidiary of Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc.
United States
Founded in 2008
Key Executives

Mr. Michael Goldfine
President
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2010.

Last edited:

I am only interested in knowing whether the needs
of Michael's children are being met. :yes:
The rest is all non-creative "Jackson Family " dramas.

What needs? what can you do for them?

2. Katherine has been interviewed by Oprah Winfrey (airing date to be announced?). The Oprah Winfrey show is produced by. . . . . AEG.

Actually No. AEG doesn't produce it. See below

Oprah's show I believe is wholly owned and produced by Harpo Productions, that is Oprah.

As gerryevans said Oprah show is wholly owned and produced by Harpo Entertainment Inc. That's Oprah's private owned Chicago based company.

I checked the people involved with it

Oprah Winfrey Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Jeffrey D. Jacobs President and Chief Operating Officer
Doug Pattison Chief Financial Officer

You can also see that Harpo was the producing company for Michael special in 1993 as well.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0093748/

About AEG LIVE connection

What you posted makes me continue to question. AEG Live is a company that does live performances. While Oprah has done live shows (which I would assume these are the ones AEG was part of), this is not her normal show format. Also when speaking of the relationship with Oprah, the article uses past tense, implying the relationship is not current.

I think ginvid is right on this instance. For example with a basic search I have seen that Oprah's "Color Purple" musical was produced by Oprah et al (including Quincy Jones) and there was a special association with AEG Live - meaning that they arranged/managed the US wide tour of the musical.

Also as far as I can tell AEG Live played a role in Black Eyed Peas Live performance on Oprah's show (on the season opening) as they were producing their tour - not Oprah's show.

As a conclusion : It's obvious that AEG's and Oprah's paths have passed several times but they are not producing and/or controlling Oprah Show.

Last edited:

What needs? what can you do for them?
dont think the are saying they can do anything. they are just intrested in knowing/hoping about how/if they are being effected by all this crap. which anyone would be

I'm just hoping that Katherine vetted this interview with her attorneys, and they did a thorough check. . . . As the blurb above states, AEG does content for television, among their other services. What there role has been/is with the Oprah show, I'd hope that Katherine's attorneys would look into carefully. A tv show has many producers, with varying roles. I'd say it would be wise to be extremely cautious. Although it's true that Oprah owns her own show, that AEG has had some production role with the Oprah show, is fact. I'm not really concerned about control of content, because Oprah controls her own show, but the payment received by various parties for working on the show. That seems to muddy the water about the lawsuit?

That this is happening at all tells me that Katherine probably did not consult with her attorneys before agreeing to do the show. At the very least, I'm hoping that they can air the interview AFTER the trial and lawsuits have been dealt with?

Last edited:

Asedora, I am going to agree with you on this. I cannot find anything to say that AEG currently produces her show. I also think that there connection is not so cut and dry. When you have a show like Oprah's, she is bound to cross paths with a company like AEG at some point. After what I have been able to find, I don't think this is a case of AEG controlling Oprah either. I think she acts quite independently.

I have a feeling that Oprah might be only the one who is willing to do this interview. She might have her own agenda, yes and we do not know what. Maybe at some point she got pissed off with AEG or just wants to do it for Michael Jackson and her own show raitings or both. I do not think that Larry King is a guy who would do it for Katherine you know.... .

I have decided I will not panic. Their previous relationship is something to keep in mind. But I do not think it is a reason to go in hysterics over.

That's right. Better not to panic.

I do not agree with Katherine's decision to go on Oprah at all. I think it is in very bad taste. But I am not going to bash her over it. I also, cannot say I am not weary on what is going on behind the scenes with regard to who is influencing her. I do think she wants to do what is best, but "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". So the fact that her intentions are pure does not necessarily put me to ease. With that said, I do believe she loves MJ and wants what is best for him and I do think she would like to die knowing she in some way helped to clear his name. What mother wouldn't want this for her son?

Like I said Oprah could be just the one who wants to do it. Katherine probably does not have too many choices. Sometimes it is just like that and she ended up with Oprah.

Last edited:

The photos seem to be quite low quality, so I'd say someone took them with their phone or something. My guess is that someone from O's team.
Yep, also looks like he forgot that glass reflects:
owhayvenhurst.jpg

I'm just hoping that Katherine vetted this interview with her attorneys, and they did a thorough check. . . . As the blurb above states, AEG does content for television, among their other services. What there role has been/is with the Oprah show, I'd hope that Katherine's attorneys would look into carefully. A tv show has many producers, with varying roles. I'd say it would be wise to be extremely cautious. Although it's true that Oprah owns her own show, that AEG has had some production role with the Oprah show, is fact. I'm not really concerned about control of content, because Oprah controls her own show, but the payment received by various parties for working on the show. That seems to muddy the water about the lawsuit?

That this is happening at all tells me that Katherine probably did not consult with her attorneys before agreeing to do the show. At the very least, I'm hoping that they can air the interview AFTER the trial and lawsuits have been dealt with?

AEG Digital Media and AEG Live are companies from the AEG Group (among several others), they are juridically separated and the fact that Ms Jackson sued AEG Live have nothing to do with AEG Digital Media, so there wouldn't exist conflict interest even if AEG DM produces the OWS, what it is not the case. Harpo productions had probably rent AEG DM services and they use the OWS name as a "client".

Stop misquoting me, and pretending I said things I did not say.

I quoted your post directly, i didn't misquote you. Like I said what needs? the kids are fine but if you happen to not like what is provided for them what can you do for them?

AEG Digital Media and AEG Live are companies from the AEG Group (among several others), they are juridically separated and the fact that Ms Jackson sued AEG Live have nothing to do with AEG Digital Media, so there wouldn't exist conflict interest even if AEG DM produces the OWS, what it is not the case. Harpo productions had probably rent AEG DM services and they use the OWS name as a "client".

The overarching parent company is Anschutz Entertainment Group, and I'd expect it would be for the attorneys to sort out. My point is, though, that this interview is extremely unwise for many reasons, given that there is civil suit coming up. . . .

Yes I understand what you mean, AEG is AEG whatever the name it has, but attorneys see things only from legal perspective and AEG DM is not involved in the civil suit - However as it has been said, the Oprah's is not produced by AEG DM.

Yes I understand what you mean, AEG is AEG whatever the name it has, but attorneys see things only from legal perspective and AEG DM is not involved in the civil suit -

Not sure how this would shake out, given that AEG owns or controls all its subsidiary companies. Regardless, I think Katherine's interview is very unwise.

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } http://www.aegworldwide.com/08_corporate/about_us.html

clip_image002.jpg

AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center (Los Angeles, CA), Prudential Center (Newark, NJ), Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO), Citizen's Business Bank Arena (Ontario, CA), The Rose Garden (Portland, OR), WaMu Theatre (Seattle, WA), American Airlines Arena (Miami), Verizon Theatre (Grand Prairie, TX), Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas, NV), Target Center (Minneapolis, MN), NOKIA Theatre Times Square, Acer Arena (Sydney, AU), Wukesong Arena (Beijing), Ahoy Arena (Rotterdam), Globe Arenas (Stockholm), Qatar National Convention Centre (Doha), O2 Hamburg arena (Hamburg), O2 World arena (Berlin) and The O2, a 28-acre development located in the eastern part of London along the Thames River which includes a 20,000-seat arena and over 650,000 sf of leisure and entertainment use; sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Manchester Monarchs (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), Houston Dynamo & Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS), two hockey franchises in Europe, the Hammarby (Sweden) Futbol Club and management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers; AEG Facilities, a stand-alone affiliate that operates or consults with more than 90 of the industries preeminent venues worldwide; AEG Merchandising, a multi-faceted merchandising company; AEG Creative, a full-service marketing and advertising agency and AEG Global Partnerships, a division responsible for worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships naming rights and other strategic partnerships.

I have already read this - That's why I said, even if there is a main control, they are juridically separated, each company has its own board, it's own staff ... and its own troubles. :cheeky:

Oprah has had something like a hundred of producers through the years...

Randy did'nt seem to have a problem with Janet being interviewed by Oprah, but he does seem to have issues with his Mother and Father being interviewed by her, why is that?

Karen Faye was encouraging of Lisa-Marie being interivewed by Ms. O, but now has a problem with Mrs. Jackson being interviewed by same.

Bottomline, not eveything we see being done will always be about MJ's legacy, personal interests will be evident more than ever unfortunately. I'm not on the inside to know whats truly going on so I'll try to reserve judgements until I know more.

I see a whole lot of confusion and contention in the future....

AllForLove;3018676 said:
I have already read this - That's why I said, even if there is a main control, they are juridically separated, each company has its own board, it's own staff ... and its own troubles. :cheeky:

Not going to go around about this again, except to agree to disagree. It's complex, but the parent company is indeed responsible for subsidiary companies in a variety of situations, and they are not wholly separate. Boards of directors of subsidiaries generally report back to the parent company, and the parent company may issue directives to the subsidiaries. AEG is a huge and multi-faceted corporation, but it's subsidiaries are not wholly independent, or they would be separate companies. See below. The law on this is a work-in-progress and I STILL say it could be worked out in court. All that would be the subject of further research, if anyone has the interest.

My POINT is, that for a variety of reasons, Katherine's appearance on Oprah is unwise at this time
. So let's move on? :flowers:

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h1 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 24pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }span.Heading1Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> http://oecdwatch.org/news-en/toward...ntry-responsibility-in-oecd-guidelines-cases/

25 09 2009 - Joseph Wilde-Ramsing
In his April 2009 report to the UN Human Rights Council, Professor John G. Ruggie, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on business & human rights, highlighted the &#8220;increase in civil cases brought against parent companies for their acts and omissions in relation to harm involving their foreign subsidiaries&#8221;. The acknowledgement that parent companies must take responsibility for the actions and activities of their subsidiaries around the world is also beginning to play out in the arena of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the Specific Instance procedure.

Whatever decision Mrs Jackson took to be on Oprah or not, we have to stand by her side. She is the mother of the angel we adore, and if she thinks its the right decision, then it is. Lets just wait and see what the outcome will be like, maybe it will be something positive.

All Im saying is that we are the fans, Michael is within all of us, we have to show support to the Jackson family, specially Mrs Jackson. She has gone through alot in her life and still is, lets be her rock.

L.O.V.E. to u all

Guys I have checked this out and what has been said here is incorrect. AEG digital are a satellite production company that produces media for live events, including the Oprah live events. AEG does not help in any way produce the Oprah Winfrey Show.

I've been on other board for lot of time, but now I think is time for me to return here and stay. I am not pleased with the level of censorship over there. . . it's very worrying....

It's started simple, with some fans getting mad on others criticisms over the Jacksons. Now we can't open mouth to say few words. It's fear regime in there.

So pay attention folks here is like in old good times, a board dedicated to Michael Jackson, but if we fear criticism and confuse criticism with hate, then this is the path to censorship.

I wonder if it is possible for us to step away from our thoughts and opinions and seek God on what is right and appropriate to say...

I wonder if those who don't know God could step back forgetting thoughts and opinions and search the heart for what is right and apropriate to say...

I wonder where does criticism and love abide together... Criticism is not a friend to love but I imagine love would take criticism in with a smile and warm welcoming arms... Criticism would likely find a way to criticize the actions of love...

If love encouraged criticism to be kind would criticism feel critisized or would the two perhaps find a new place of understanding???

I am at loss for the words to say to one who does not understand me, my words or beliefs... I speak out in love, not in hopes of obtaining love but rather expanding the LOVE that already exists...

I am not intent to offend, hamper or harm but to provoke LOVE...

Really? How come criticism and love cannot live together? These are dictatorial remarks, sorry.

They can coexist together, Mike for exemple got very analitical and critical mind. In interviews he try to not come as very critical, but in personal discussions, or in that book of dialogues with Schmuley.... read the adobe text fans made, and see how critical Michael himself could be!! LOL
Anyway this rapport between love and critic is not the point over here, anyway. Here people have a topic of discussion first. Apart of some short bursts,
I didn't see hate, or gross disrespect, so why is so hard to tolerate this normal discussion, a bit heated here and there, but it's normal process....

Instead of people forcing themselves to behave 'appropriate'.....

As for the family they are in the spot light, they need to face those criticisms with grace, because it's normal. They wanna sell products, they wanna fans to buy tickets at their shows, they wanna all this attention, but they suffer criticisms, coming from various people on various continents? One come with another, people are not robots, fans are not robots of buying stuff and smile at everything you do. This is very narrowed view of a fan, a human being that follows you passively without judgment of his own. ( I saw this view on Janet, telling us to know our place, even Mike had it long time ago, almost till mid 80s ) But Mike grew up, and come to see us for what we really are. Human beings with soul and brains, human beings that out of love give him ideas, inspiration, courage and yeah even criticize him!! Flash news, he took this with class and received this so well, not crying like a baby.

Taj should accommodate himself with his thought, and stop paying attention to every fan on twitter, loving or less loving. Fans are MILLIONS, Taj dear. You need to grow thicker skin, and understand this.:better:Twitter is nice tool, but also can exhaust you and make you waste lot of time twittering to all those various people, that are fans of your uncle, not necessarily of your entirely family.

Randy did'nt seem to have a problem with Janet being interviewed by Oprah, but he does seem to have issues with his Mother and Father being interviewed by her, why is that?

Karen Faye was encouraging of Lisa-Marie being interivewed by Ms. O, but now has a problem with Mrs. Jackson being interviewed by same.

Bottomline, not eveything we see being done will always be about MJ's legacy, personal interests will be evident more than ever unfortunately. I'm not on the inside to know whats truly going on so I'll try to reserve judgements until I know more.

I see a whole lot of confusion and contention in the future....

^Exactly, I agree with Taj saying what he said to the fans! But, at the same time he needs to speak to his uncle Randy who ain't making it any easier!:doh: And Katherine never said anything like what LMP said about MJ in interviews for Karen Faye to go off like that on MJ's Parents! I could understand if she meant Joe but, katty too? And then defend LMP?...:mello: NO!:smilerolleyes:

Also, Randy is a trip cause he never said anything about Janet on Oprah!:no: Yet his parents go on her show and he bitches?:doh: When Randy went on CNN Janet supported him too! Because there where on the same page when it came to MJ!:no: So it makes me wonder what is he so afraid that his parents might say since he so against it? :scratch: Hmmm....WTH is going on?:ph34r:

Maybe Randy is just pissed because he wasn't invited....

Randy is pissed when is not on the medias.

He must be happy now...

Anyway, Katherine should cancel this interview.Oprah want use the name of Michael one more time for the ratings, she'll be sad with Katherine, and after she will sill think that Mike is a pedophile.

To see Katherine smile with this woman, it's an insult for Mike.

Back