Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

But FAMILY takes priority over the fans as it should.
We do ourselves no favors by thinking we can replace them.
We must work WITH them. THEY are the reason Michael was the person we love today. Michael didn't create himself.
It's not Michael Michael. It's Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson of the Jackson Family.

We better remember that. We better respect that.
I guarantee you if you fans ran down Michael's family in front of Michael like that, he'd set you straight sho' nuff quick.

100% love. 100% genuine. That's not opinion. That's fact.
John Lucas

Of course, FAMILY takes priority over the fans. Michael being a part of the family, should also take priority over family members self interest.

JMie;3044192 said:
If you want to know how Michael felt when Joe told him the same thing, you should listen to the Glenda tapes.

I heard the Glenda tapes.
I STILL say Michael ain't what he is without his family.
Neither am I. Neither are you. Neither is anybody.

Oh sure Michael learned & took himself further. But he couldn't have gotten there without his family to nurture him & teach him.

I'd love to see a newborn baby raise himself. I'd love to see a fetus form without a mother's womb.
The fact is in life NOBODY did it all themselves. We are all interdependent.

Did you know that one of Michael's early singing influences was his big brother Jermaine? Yeah that Jermaine the fans love to run down all the time.

Did you know that Michael credits Joe for his upbringing as much as he laments over the emotional pain it caused?

Without Katherine & Joseph Jackson there would literally BE no Jackson 5, thus there would be no Michael Jackson. And I ain't talking about just giving birth. I'm talking about parenting, raising, creating that family bond, discipline, nurturing, feeding, clothing, washing, teaching.

When you grow up, you go your own way & make your own choices. But before you do that, you gotta have that foundation to start from. Buildings don't form from the middle up. They form from the bottom up. It don't start from the sky. It starts from ground zero.

Without Katherine's influence & Joe's drive, how do you think Michael would have turned out? He might have been an arrogant lazy SOB. That perfectionism we enjoy from Michael comes from Joe. That kindness we love from him comes from Katherine. His want to be like Jesus comes all those days in Kingdom Hall where Katherine chose to keep him in church rather than them Gary streets. His belief in the impossible becoming possible (I will sell 20 million records) came from Joe refusing to let their dreams become small.

And when those Glenda tapes were made Michael was a much younger person who didn't have his own kids yet. But you see him in those Bashir outtakes & that Geraldo interview & see how he now understands more about his parents ways now that he's become a parent. That's how it usually happens.

Joe & Katherine sheltered their kids from the harsh Gary streets through music & church. Michael sheltered his kids from the harsh glare of fame with masks & home schooling. The details are different but the theme is the same.

Rebbie was little mama making sure Michael ate his collard greens.
Jackie stayed on Michael's butt to do his homework.
Tito was the one who exampled that Michael could show his talent when he took out the guitar.
Jermaine was the big brother that he looked up to.
LaToya was the big sister to tease & make fun with.
Marlon was Michael's little buddy to run around play with.
Randy was little brother who he could protect & look out for.
Janet was little sister who he could inspire & share like minds.

His family shaped the very person he was. What did Michael do—even as late as This Is It—every time it came to the J5 medley? He called out the names of his brothers, one by one in the spotlight. Michael knew that he could not be if it wasn't for the Jackson 5. He knew he could not be if it weren't for his family.

I don't care how many times they fell out with each other or fussed or argued or whatever. At the end of the day, he knew family was important. It doesn't matter about professionally. Personally is all that mattered.

Some of these fans have really got it twisted. I'm here to straighten you out.
John Lucas

johnlucas;3044229 said:
I heard the Glenda tapes.
I STILL say Michael ain't what he is without his family.
Neither am I. Neither are you. Neither is anybody.

Oh sure Michael learned & took himself further. But he couldn't have gotten there without his family to nurture him & teach him.

I'd love to see a newborn baby raise himself. I'd love to see a fetus form without a mother's womb.
The fact is in life NOBODY did it all themselves. We are all interdependent.

Did you know that one of Michael's early singing influences was his big brother Jermaine? Yeah that Jermaine the fans love to run down all the time.

Did you know that Michael credits Joe for his upbringing as much as he laments over the emotional pain it caused?

Without Katherine & Joseph Jackson there would literally BE no Jackson 5, thus there would be no Michael Jackson. And I ain't talking about just giving birth. I'm talking about parenting, raising, creating that family bond, discipline, nurturing, feeding, clothing, washing, teaching.

When you grow up, you go your own way & make your own choices. But before you do that, you gotta have that foundation to start from. Buildings don't form from the middle up. They form from the bottom up. It don't start from the sky. It starts from ground zero.

Without Katherine's influence & Joe's drive, how do you think Michael would have turned out? He might have been an arrogant lazy SOB. That perfectionism we enjoy from Michael comes from Joe. That kindness we love from him comes from Katherine. His want to be like Jesus comes all those days in Kingdom Hall where Katherine chose to keep him in church rather than them Gary streets. His belief in the impossible becoming possible (I will sell 20 million records) came from Joe refusing to let their dreams become small.

And when those Glenda tapes were made Michael was a much younger person who didn't have his own kids yet. But you see him in those Bashir outtakes & that Geraldo interview & see how he now understands more about his parents ways now that he's become a parent. That's how it usually happens.

Joe & Katherine sheltered their kids from the harsh Gary streets through music & church. Michael sheltered his kids from the harsh glare of fame with masks & home schooling. The details are different but the theme is the same.

Rebbie was little mama making sure Michael ate his collard greens.
Jackie stayed on Michael's butt to do his homework.
Tito was the one who exampled that Michael could show his talent when he took out the guitar.
Jermaine was the big brother that he looked up to.
LaToya was the big sister to tease & make fun with.
Marlon was Michael's little buddy to run around play with.
Randy was little brother who he could protect & look out for.
Janet was little sister who he could inspire & share like minds.

His family shaped the very person he was. What did Michael do—even as late as This Is It—every time it came to the J5 medley? He called out the names of his brothers, one by one in the spotlight. Michael knew that he could not be if it wasn't for the Jackson 5. He knew he could not be if it weren't for his family.

I don't care how many times they fell out with each other or fussed or argued or whatever. At the end of the day, he knew family was important. It doesn't matter about professionally. Personally is all that mattered.

Some of these fans have really got it twisted. I'm here to straighten you out.
John Lucas
everything you say is 100 percent true and as i said before you dont wana see it dont watch if we all dont watch this it will be the best thing for this board i think

Why do people automatically assume we are talking bad about the family when we disagree with a decision they make. I do not like when someone assumes that just because we do not agree with something the family does, it makes us less of fan of Michael. As of late, in this thread, I think fans have been very respectful in stating their opinions. And no one has been (or at least allowed to) call Katherine names or show hatred towards her. That is because many are aware of how much MJ loved her and so want to give her the benefit of the doubt. We may not be privy to MJ's intimate conversations with his family, but we can deduce based on how he conducted himself, how he treated his children, and what he said, how he would feel about his children being on the Oprah show. A deductioin is all we have and if some choose to tactfully speak their OPINION on the matter then there is nothing wrong with that. It is no wonder that many fans have a higher regard for her than the rest of the family. But it does not mean that they can have no opinion at all if it speaks against something they do, even Katherine. As long as they are respectful.

No one is infallible. MJ included. And, many fans disagreed with some of the things he did. That doesn't mean they are fanatical or less of a fan for doing so. Fans disagreeing with something that Katherine does, does not make them (on a whole) a bunch of hysterical, over reacting, fanatics who are less of a fan for thinking the way they do.

Some of the very fans who have such a problem with a member discussing what they think is wrong with what a family member does has no problem casting that same hysterical disregard to their fellow fans. Regardless of whether their fans have a valid concern or not.

Can fans get out of control? Yes, of course. But does that mean a fan cannot have a dissenting opinion? No. I keep saying this, because it is true: There is no reason why adults cannot come to a place of varying opinions and give those opinions pro or con without feeling like less of a person and without being attacked for it.

You nor I do not know exactly how MJ would react in some situations. If a fan came to him with a genuine concern about what a family member was doing, I do not think he would curse them out. But that is just me. I don't know for sure. And contrary to what you think, if I saw a family member, I would very much speak to them about what I had on my mind. They may not listen, but it would make me feel better. But that is just me. I know it is a huge reponsibility to raise children. And I agreee with you, raising children as famous as MJ's will exponentially increase that load. But parents, even though their intentions are the best, will not always act in the best interests if their children. That is what is a fact. There are just some who think this may be one of those occasions.

But it is something that the future will reveal. We will all have to see how this unfolds.

^^^^^T h a n k Y o u!

Katherine and Joe Jackson are both in their 80's.
They need to give it a rest.
They are too old to continue on making one money making scheme after another.

Michael, most likely, would simply like them to just concentrate on
helping his children grow from childhood into adulthood.:yes:

Last edited:

Why do people automatically assume we are talking bad about the family when we disagree with a decision they make. I do not like when someone assumes that just because we do not agree with something the family does, it makes us less of fan of Michael. As of late, in this thread, I think fans have been very respectful in stating their opinions. And no one has been (or at least allowed to) call Katherine names or show hatred towards her...
...No one is infallible. MJ included. And, many fans disagreed with some of the things he did. That doesn't mean they are fanatical or less of a fan for doing so. Fans disagreeing with something that Katherine does, does not make them (on a whole) a bunch of hysterical, over reacting, fanatics who are less of a fan for thinking the way they do...

Let's see.
Earlier in this thread I'm hearing people implicate Randy Jackson in the murder/death of Michael. I'm hearing people talking about Katherine exploiting Michael's name for money 'cause that's "allll" she & the whole family thinks about. Joe is this big bad evil monster who will grind the kids' bones to make his bread.

These ain't respectful differences of opinion, it's outright character assassination. I get that they don't trust Oprah. I don't either. I DON'T, however, think that Katherine goes on these shows to use Michael & Michael's kids as a cash cow. She's doing this to defend his honor, his good name. What she's been doing for decades upon decades now. She's also doing it defend the family's honor.

Fans take it too doggone far & make a mockery of themselves on these boards with these ridiculous opinions. I mean I couldn't believe someone implied or outright said that Randy had something to do with Michael's death. Like he's part of the conspiracy. They've been watching too much CSI or some shit. Too much Law & Order.

The way I see it, Michael's part of a package deal. You get Michael, 8 siblings & we'll throw in 2 parents for the low low price of $19.95.
You can't break the set, in other words.

When someone question Michael's family love for him, I take offense. I can question their actions or their ideas. But I cannot question their love for him. I will not stand for it & I will not condone it. And I will stand against any fan who crosses that line.

I'm an admirer of Michael & I'm an admirer of the Jackson Family in total. I love these people as if they were my own family. I can take a fan teasing Jermaine's greasy hair. I can take a fan having fun about LaToya's clothes. But I won't take a fan portraying Michael's family members as mortal enemies of him. I won't take a fan talking about Michael's family members as if they used him as a trained monkey to organ grind for dollars then locked him in the cage when they were done.

I'm GLAD Katherine's taking it to the head. Go right directly TO Oprah & set her ass straight once & for all. Maybe that heifer will start coming correct when she talks about Michael in the future.
Michael himself was going to introduce his kids to the world formally at This Is It anyway. Outside of Blanket, they're big enough now to handle this.

They are NEVER EVER EVER going to be "normal" children.
These are the children of the most famous man on the planet. They had better get prepared now on how to deal with their inherited celebrity & it's best to control what outlet they get to display themselves in first. One day it's not going to be in their hands.

What this interview will show is that despite it all, these kids are well-adjusted & well-raised not only by Michael but Katherine as well. The Jackson family ain't a bunch of sideshow freaks. They are people like you & me. They are a family despite all the cracks & pressures from the limelight.

I'm not worried about this interview at all. Oprah can't attack with those children there. She won't attack with his mother there.
John Lucas

Wow. Disappointing turn of events to say the least. Would this happen if Michael Jackson was alive? No

Unfortunately I don't think much will change until these kids get older.

yes, we do. he left them out of his will. actions speak louder than words.

anyway, even though I am deeply upset by this photo, I've decided to wait and see what happens. I just hope Oprah doesn't ask the kids any upleasant questions.

Not only that, he also wanted Diana Ross to raise his children if his mother were unable to.

With all of those siblings that Michael has, in my opinion, that ALSO speaks volumes.

As to Oprah, she's a sneaky little bugger. She got that Tyler Perry show (along with the 200 molested men) lined up for Friday and she will be using that show to promote her Jackson family interview, which is on Monday.

She ain't slick! She puts it out there AND WITHOUT SAYING A WORD, she sends a message nonetheless, in my opinion.

Nothing else to add. The end.

MJ was closer to the Cascios, Liz taylor...and others, then his own flesh and blood...

Don't get it twisted John Lucas...you don't want to go there.

That being said, let's ignore the family and try to support the estate as long as they keep honoring MJ adn his legacy adequately...until his beloved children take over.

When someone dies everything changes. And these kids lives did a 180. We all know Michael would not have wanted his children to be in the spot light like this, but its not like this is the first public appearance they are making. I am sure those kids and the family knew the second they stepped on the stage at that memorial that they would become public figures. I think it is nice that they want to talk about their daddy, and they obviously are not being forced to do it. Who better to talk about Michael then the 3 people he loved most in the world? They are Michael's legacy and if they have to make a few appearances here or there and not live a 'normal' childhood (they never did tbh) then that is ok. Even if Michael was still here I think that they would have become known within the next few years anyway. Just my opinion.

As for Oprah, this interview will be a slap in the face to her when she sees how mature and sweet his children are and she wont be able edit that out of her show. Maybe meeting the children can change her opinion on Michael. A '*****' did not raise those children.

Nothing else to add. The end.

MJ was closer to the Cascios, Liz taylor...and others, then his own flesh and blood...

Don't get it twisted John Lucas...you don't want to go there.

That being said, let's ignore the family and try to support the estate as long as they keep honoring MJ adn his legacy adequately...until his beloved children take over.

I WENT there.
I came back and WENT there again.
Took a nap, woke up, & WENT there one more time.

The Cascios, Liz Taylor.
You know that for sure? Were you there? Are you Michael's brain?
ARROGANT like I said.
Some of Michael's fans are seriously arrogant. It does not reflect well on Michael as far as I'm concerned. I will stand against that arrogance as long as I have breath in my body.
Respect the fam.
John Lucas

Did anyone see this recent News Article regarding Michael's Children and Oprah ??

*****Please make sure to be RESPECTFUL in your Posts of other MJ Family Memebers that Post their Opinions even if they do NOT agree with yours !! :angel:
Remember Michael's Children WILL read this someday and we want them to be able to see what we said..:angel:
I Michael you ALL :wub::angel:!!*****

The Article:

Oprah Winfrey's Backyard Visit with Michael Jackson's Kids..
November 3, 2010, 6:07 am Tim Nudd People.com

Michael Jackson's children appear relaxed and happy..

m4-image-4-174269014.jpg

Relaxed, smiling and playful – that's the image of Michael Jackson's three children captured in a candid photo taken during Oprah Winfrey's visit to the Jacksons' Encino, Calif., home last month.

Prince, 13, and Paris, 12, are seen smiling as Paris reaches out to Blanket, 8, who is curled up in a lawn chair in the backyard of the home, while Winfrey and the children's grandparents, Katherine and Joe Jackson, are seated across the table.

The talk-show host was there to interview Katherine about Michael's childhood, his career, his children and his legacy 18 months after the pop legend's untimely death at age 50.

Katherine Jackson, the legal guardian of the three children, talks to Winfrey about her son's legacy, his childhood and his children in the interview to be broadcast on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday.

Katherine Jackson has given few interviews since the sudden, June 2009 death of the "Thriller" singer.

As very young children, the kids were kept secluded by their father, who often had them wear veils in public. Since his death, Prince Michael and Paris have started attending school, although Blanket continues to be home-schooled.

That interview is scheduled to air on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday,
Nov. 8, 2010.

Tim Nudd

The Source:
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/ar...jacksons-kids/

always,
MJ TinkerBell..:wub::agree::angel:

Let's see.
Earlier in this thread I'm hearing people implicate Randy Jackson in the murder/death of Michael. I'm hearing people talking about Katherine exploiting Michael's name for money 'cause that's "allll" she & the whole family thinks about. Joe is this big bad evil monster who will grind the kids' bones to make his bread.

These ain't respectful differences of opinion, it's outright character assassination. I get that they don't trust Oprah. I don't either. I DON'T, however, think that Katherine goes on these shows to use Michael & Michael's kids as a cash cow. She's doing this to defend his honor, his good name. What she's been doing for decades upon decades now. She's also doing it defend the family's honor.

Fans take it too doggone far & make a mockery of themselves on these boards with these ridiculous opinions. I mean I couldn't believe someone implied or outright said that Randy had something to do with Michael's death. Like he's part of the conspiracy. They've been watching too much CSI or some shit. Too much Law & Order.

The way I see it, Michael's part of a package deal. You get Michael, 8 siblings & we'll throw in 2 parents for the low low price of $19.95.
You can't break the set, in other words.

When someone question Michael's family love for him, I take offense. I can question their actions or their ideas. But I cannot question their love for him. I will not stand for it & I will not condone it. And I will stand against any fan who crosses that line.

I'm an admirer of Michael & I'm an admirer of the Jackson Family in total. I love these people as if they were my own family. I can take a fan teasing Jermaine's greasy hair. I can take a fan having fun about LaToya's clothes. But I won't take a fan portraying Michael's family members as mortal enemies of him. I won't take a fan talking about Michael's family members as if they used him as a trained monkey to organ grind for dollars then locked him in the cage when they were done.

I'm GLAD Katherine's taking it to the head. Go right directly TO Oprah & set her ass straight once & for all. Maybe that heifer will start coming correct when she talks about Michael in the future.
Michael himself was going to introduce his kids to the world formally at This Is It anyway. Outside of Blanket, they're big enough now to handle this.

They are NEVER EVER EVER going to be "normal" children.
These are the children of the most famous man on the planet. They had better get prepared now on how to deal with their inherited celebrity & it's best to control what outlet they get to display themselves in first. One day it's not going to be in their hands.

What this interview will show is that despite it all, these kids are well-adjusted & well-raised not only by Michael but Katherine as well. The Jackson family ain't a bunch of sideshow freaks. They are people like you & me. They are a family despite all the cracks & pressures from the limelight.

I'm not worried about this interview at all. Oprah can't attack with those children there. She won't attack with his mother there.
John Lucas

I won't disagree with you about "Earlier" in the thread. I said as of late. As in "Lately" in the thread. The thread has obviously moved on. We should all follow suit.

And, I am happy you have your own opinions about the interview. That's your choice what they are. But others will feel differently, and that is their choice as well.

I'll tell you what I won't take, I won't take someone coming here and demeaning someone else for not having a positive view of the family if they are respectful in stating their opinion. Many do not feel as you do, plain and simple. But it is not your place to dictate how people should feel. Or to say they are arrogant because those views are not sanctioned by you.

This is a board of Opinions. Some do feel the family was harmful to him. They have their reasons for feeling that way. Maybe we can start asking each other what is the motivation behind those opinions instead of dismissing those opinions. Communicating instead of condescending. We can learn a lot from each other. Maybe more than you think.:yes:

agree with Johnlucas, I think the more secluded kathrine keeps the kids the more difficult it will be. Prince and paris are gonna be teenagers in a year or two from now at that time it would be very hard to hide the truth from them. That is why letting them out is good, I do not like Oprah but she got a big audience.

LOL! I seriously doubt that Ms. Katherine is going to be "setting anybody's ass straight."

In my opinion, this appearance is to promote her coffee table book, so that she and Joe Jackson can pump some money into their "Jackson Family Foundation." The same FAMILY foundation that Randy Jackson claims he knows nothing about and is not a part of.

I wonder how much face time Howard Mann will be receiving, since he will be looking to collect his cut from the coffee table book.

I guess time will tell!

Everyone, I know we have strong feelings on the subject, but wishing someone's death is a bit extreme. Please think about what you say before you post. And if you need someone to talk to, you can PM anyone on staff or any of your fellow members. We are here for each other.

ginvid - your post on this matter was spot on. Thank you for that.

Sorry if this has been answered already... i'm new to this thread.

Will the UK be able to see this interview? I don't know if Oprah is broadcast here?

So it actually happened then. I have a lump in my throat looking at that picture and can't even explain why.

I know full well they'll hold their own, but that doesn't matter, they shouldn't even have to think of doing this sort of thing. And people can come up with any excuse they want, I don't care. There's no valid justification for the children being involved at all.

Will the UK be able to see this interview? I don't know if Oprah is broadcast here?

It'll have to be YouTube for us lot, Oprah airs on some rather obselete Sky channel.

thank you, ginvid

Michael Jackson's children are too young to be caught up in
Jackson Family "dramas" and business dealings.
Kathrine Jackson must keep them away from all that.

They should be loved, cared for, watched over, and not exploited.
Pray for Michael Jackson's children. :angel:

Last edited:

I don't know if they broadcast Oprah over there, but surely just like the LMP interview, it will be on Youtube within a few hours after the airing of the show..

I hope it's uploaded to Youtube 'cos I have NO intention on giving HER the ratings!

and this is not directed at you, but i notice that if people have a real problem with what Oprah Winfrey does, others call it hating on Oprah. that's not true.

I've seen many hateful things posted about Oprah here. Making fat jokes and calling her a heffer and other names and even insulting Americans just for watching her show qualifies as hatred. Oh, I've read many hateful comments. I am not happy with Oprah's history as it pertains to Michael either but spewing all this hate for her (or anyone except maybe Murray) is not productive or helpful.

it really doesn't matter. when it comes to our kids..as parents, we wouldn't want our mother to override us on decisions concerning our kids. it's an unwritten rule. if Michael wanted to cover their faces, he was the parent. his decision was the right decision. and as we found out with Michael, more appearances didn't stop the frenzy directed at him. more appearances won't stop the frenzy toward his kids. not a good idea for the kids to be interviewed..especially, since child molestation shows will proceed that interview. Oprah doesn't have a sense of discipline. this is her last season and show. anything for money. there is no decorum, here.

and this is not directed at you, but i notice that if people have a real problem with what Oprah Winfrey does, others call it hating on Oprah. that's not true. if someone greatly disagrees..if a parent disciplines a child and a child hates it, and is prone to saying i hate my mother...that's overboard. if anything..discipline is anything but hate.. hating someone is just letting them run wild and undisciplined until they destroy themselves. Oprah comes off as a child without discipline. she doesn't care who she hurts, she doesn't think about the outcome..and i'm reminded of a producer who was talking about the last season of Smallville...he said..all rules go out the window. for Oprah, all rules are going out the window. and the only person she will hurt, in the end, is herself. she is clearly showing envy and hate for Michael, airing these molestation shows, and then interviewing Michael's kids. if anybody is doing the hating, it's Oprah Winfrey. it was she who said that a drug overdose was the TRUTH, in Michael Jackson's death. and she had NO proof. none. and that was BEFORE she asked Presley any questions. she has the acquittal of Michael by a U.S. court jury, after she, herself served jury duty, in another case; and with all that, she's airing this succesion of programs, knowing how subliminal media works. Mike's kids, most likely have no idea, what Winfrey will do, after the interview, as far as editing. NBC dateline is proof, as they made Katherine Jackson look like an ignorant buffoon, when all she was doing, was defending her son. and, after the Presley interview, the design scheme was clear. to portray Michael as a drug addict, in an interview where Winfrey was clearly asking leading questions to Presley. imagine what Winfrey can do, with the use of MJ's kids. and, perhaps, with the use of Katherine Jackson.

in fact, Winfrey's already used the kids, through the succession of the schedule of interviews. child molestation interviews, before Katherine interview and kids interview. by the schedule alone, Winfrey has used the art of subliminal media to portray Michael as a drug addict and child molester. we all know about subliminal media use. and Winfrey is queen of this. and also queen of denial. she has said these interviews are purely coincidental. this, from a powerful woman, who has her own production company and enterprise, and controls her own show?

Excellent post!! As usual you see the bigger picture.

Why do people automatically assume we are talking bad about the family when we disagree with a decision they make. I do not like when someone assumes that just because we do not agree with something the family does, it makes us less of fan of Michael. As of late, in this thread, I think fans have been very respectful in stating their opinions. And no one has been (or at least allowed to) call Katherine names or show hatred towards her. That is because many are aware of how much MJ loved her and so want to give her the benefit of the doubt. We may not be privy to MJ's intimate conversations with his family, but we can deduce based on how he conducted himself, how he treated his children, and what he said, how he would feel about his children being on the Oprah show. A deductioin is all we have and if some choose to tactfully speak their OPINION on the matter then there is nothing wrong with that. It is no wonder that many fans have a higher regard for her than the rest of the family. But it does not mean that they can have no opinion at all if it speaks against something they do, even Katherine. As long as they are respectful.

No one is infallible. MJ included. And, many fans disagreed with some of the things he did. That doesn't mean they are fanatical or less of a fan for doing so. Fans disagreeing with something that Katherine does, does not make them (on a whole) a bunch of hysterical, over reacting, fanatics who are less of a fan for thinking the way they do.

Some of the very fans who have such a problem with a member discussing what they think is wrong with what a family member does has no problem casting that same hysterical disregard to their fellow fans. Regardless of whether their fans have a valid concern or not.

Can fans get out of control? Yes, of course. But does that mean a fan cannot have a dissenting opinion? No. I keep saying this, because it is true: There is no reason why adults cannot come to a place of varying opinions and give those opinions pro or con without feeling like less of a person and without being attacked for it.

You nor I do not know exactly how MJ would react in some situations. If a fan came to him with a genuine concern about what a family member was doing, I do not think he would curse them out. But that is just me. I don't know for sure. And contrary to what you think, if I saw a family member, I would very much speak to them about what I had on my mind. They may not listen, but it would make me feel better. But that is just me. I know it is a huge reponsibility to raise children. And I agreee with you, raising children as famous as MJ's will exponentially increase that load. But parents, even though their intentions are the best, will not always act in the best interests if their children. That is what is a fact. There are just some who think this may be one of those occasions.

But it is something that the future will reveal. We will all have to see how this unfolds.

^^^I was going to say most of what you said after I read the John Lucas post, but I see you beat me to it. We have to keep reminding people that disagreeing with the decisions/plans/behaviors etc. that a person makes, DOES NOT MEAN WE HATE THE PERSON OR ARE DISRESPECTING THEM. Can we stick this at the top of the thread?

Sorry for double posting!!!

Last edited:

I don't know if they broadcast Oprah over there, but surely just like the LMP interview, it will be on Youtube within a few hours after the airing of the show..

It'll have to be YouTube for us lot, Oprah airs on some rather obselete Sky channel.

Sigh

I just don't know what to feel anymore. I've tried to keep out of the family's decisions because as outsiders, we don't really know anything. But everything just feels so hopeless. I try and say a prayer for the children (and Katherine) every night, and I know other people do the same, but honestly, what is the point, when the family keeps on making these terrible decisions?

All I know is Michael didn't want this. That's for sure. He was at his lowest point and still, he did not use his children to improve his image. Sure, maybe the children WANT to speak out, but I just don't see how that means anything. How can an 8 year old be sure about this?

And why Oprah? Randy seems to know her decade-long stance on MJ, so why didnt he share that information with his mother? Doesn't she know how Oprah treated him? I'm sure she does, but that makes it worse. Does she not even care? But MJ loved his mother and trusted her to make the right choices. So what does that mean?

Why can't Michael be here to sort this out? Randy is right about one thing. Michael would not have wanted the kids near Oprah.

As someone else said, we're just useless fans. What right do we have to say or do anything? Although, I suspect we care more about the kids than the likes of Oprah. And there's nothing anyone can do is there? It really happened and we just have to deal with it.

It's incredible what just one picture can do. All the pain it can bring, the harsh words, the painful memories.
We love Michael and in doing so, we love and respect him and what he loved. He loved his children the most. And he loved his mother too. Sure he loved his family.
But let's agree it's difficult to remain calm when you see how some of the ones he loved the most are being used by the others.
I just hope this will come and go soon, same as the LMP issue.

The worst side of it, as it was already said, once you open the door to media, you are just fooling yourself if you think you can close it and keep them away from you again.

Don't go asking for privacy again, Jacksons... for it's YOU who are inviting the monsters to your own table. Michael tried his best to deal with this and see what they did. Do you think you can be better than Michael at this?

Some people never learn. Or some just don't want to learn :no:

Back