Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

I think the best one at that was always Cowgirl Sandy & all her various nics.
Truly legendary.

that names a blast from the past lol

Last edited:
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Looks like there will be a behind the scenes episode aired on OWN channel. Don't know how much Katherine and the kids will be shown

OWN website description

8:00PM (60 minutes)

Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes
Episode 6
Oprah and team are under pressure to pull off one of Season 25's biggest shows; Michael Jackson's mother Katherine and his three children break their silence.

http://www.oprah.com/own/tv-schedule/index.html?date=2011-01-28&stype=daily

TV Guide description

Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes Episode: "Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes"
Season 1, Episode 6

Episode Synopsis: Behind the scenes of the Nov. 8, 2010 show, when Michael Jackson's parents, Katherine and Joe, recalled their son's life and the day he died (June 25, 2009), joined by his children, Paris and Princes Michael I and II, and other Jackson family members. Original Air Date: Jan 28, 2011

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/Season-25-2011/episode-6-season-1/season-25-oprah/308904

Pfff. More ratings coming.... Smart, snakish move to not show all at once.............. That's double exposure for the children, who never really wanted to be a part of that interview in the first place.

I figured this was coming.

According to reports, Oprah's OWN is sinking like a rock. It had a decent launching period, but has gone down every since. (Gayle King's program has also flatlined.)

Oprah needs to bring something exciting to her network and what's better than MORE footage from the interview that featured Michael's 3 children.

I hope none of the fans tune in!

I'm sure those interested will be able to watch the footage on YouTube, 2-seconds after it airs anyway. LOL!

According to reports, Oprah's OWN is sinking like a rock. It had a decent launching period, but has gone down every since. (Gayle King's program has also flatlined.)

Oprah needs to bring something exciting to her network and what's better than MORE footage from the interview that featured Michael's 3 children.

I'm sure those interested will be able to watch the footage on YouTube, 2-seconds after it airs anyway. LOL!

I heard the same thing.. I heard OWN is sinking fast and I hope it continues to sink. I can't stand Oprah or Gail

what gets me about Oprah is that she kept HER own family secret for months...and only aired it so that people wouldn't find out about it and cut her up in public....I have NO IDEA WHY she keeps invading the life of Katherine Jackson and those the children....she makes me very angry. Does her show suck that bad that she needs to keep intruding.?? Enough is enough already...leave Michael the hell alone..leave his children alone.

Glad to hear it's failing, I'm just so tired of her and seems like most people feel that way ;)

Oprah Behind the scenes Season 25: PPB & Katherine interview

To be aired January 28, on Oprah's OWN network.

Behind the scenes footage of how the interview with Prince, Paris, Blanket and Katherine was prepared.

http://www.oprah.com/own/tv-schedule/index.html?date=2011-01-28&stype=daily

mimjis.jpg

Brace yourselves - Oprah being her regular self - mentioning sexual abuse charges during the shows preview video

Wait, wait, wait!:bugeyed

Did I hear right? did I hear the words 'she was hurt because they did'nt hear from you?????' who was hurt, Katherine? I swear to God! why would any of them care if they heard from her? you don't need hypocrits offering condolences!

And I knew this was coming, theres no way she was'nt gonna air the rest of that footage she has. That woman makes my blood boil!:evil:

yeah. it seems like the family wasn't/isn't aware of Michael's history with Oprah and how she treated him.

They are very aware of this, Randy made that point very clear. What I don't understand is, if they are so aware, how is it that Janet (numerous times), Jackie, Katherine, Tito, Joe seems to not have a problem appearing on her show? The woman has stopped short of completely saying she thinks MJ is guilty! How do they reconcile that?

Last edited:
Well... Oprah makes me sick but she is not the only one TO blame. Who gave her access to three minor kids? She did not kidnap them as far as I can tell ... But maybe she did. So it's not ALL lady Choprah exploiting minor kids.

Last edited:
yeah. it seems like the family wasn't/isn't aware of Michael's history with Oprah and how she treated him.

- I remember Oprah being asked why she didn't go to Michael's memorial and she had said something like "because we weren't friends". To me that was the most honest statement that came from Oprah.

- I remember Oprah being asked why she didn't go to Michael's memorial and she had said something like "because we weren't friends". To me that was the most honest statement that came from Oprah.

That's not true.. they know or at least Randy knows

That's not true.. they know or at least Randy knows

Randy wasn't aware of the interview per his own words. (Taj knew the interview but didn't know that the kids were paraded around)

so
- either the Jackson's (whomever they might be) that supported/authorized this interview was unaware or didn't care

or

- the communication amongst Jackson's are so bad that the ones aware doesn't tell it to the ones that weren't aware.

Didn't Karen Faye post about some brothers asking Katherine not to

go on Oprah, but that she ignored it?

Ah, I said before that those who were unjust to Michael are beginning to face difficulties. The kids' footage will not last too long, so lets see how great OWN will be without Michael Jackson.

It look like story is coming full circle,
So Katherine was hurt she did not hear from oprah?
She tell oprah we talk about anything "even the charges agains poor micheal?
And we the fan blame it all on oprah?

Michael I am just glad you are not hear to see you beloved mother sell you out like this because it would sure kill you.
I am not going to turn on oprah network and watch this betrayal to Michael and I am asking my fellow fans for the love of Michael don't support this , those video will be on YouTube please hold out and don't watch it.
It's too late for some of us to tell him and show him how much we really love but we can show his 3 beloved children how much we really love and support there father because I don't think MJ really have anyone who did truly love him but us the fans.

It was a case of good news-bad news for Oprah Winfrey today when the ratings for the heavily hyped Monday edition of her syndicated show as well as last week's ratings for her cable network OWN came in. The Monday episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, in which Oprah revealed that she has a half-sister, drew a 9.7 household rating/22 share in the metered markets, the show's highest numbers in 6 years, since the after-Oscars broadcast on Feb. 28, 2005, which posted a 10.8/23.

Meanwhile, according to the basic cable ratings for last week released today, [highlight]OWN's ratings continued to slide in its third full week on the air. For the week of Jan. 17, OWN averaged 297,000 viewers in primetime, down 4% from the previous week.[/highlight] (The network launched on Jan. 1, with an average of 1.1 viewers in primetime for its debut weekend, then averaged 387,000 in its first full week.) OWN continues to trail all of its female-oriented cable competition, including Lifetime (817,000), Oxygen (547,000) and WE (322,000). The highest-rated OWN program was special Ask Oprah's All Stars (539,000). Meanwhile, the daily talk show of Oprah's best friend Gayle King, which airs daily in the morning, was once again at the bottom of the ratings, drawing between 105,000-148,000 from Monday-Friday, down from the week before. Despite the minuscule ratings, the show, a TV version of King's daily radio show, is not necessarily in danger. During her session at TCA, Oprah said that on some shows, [highlight]"even if (viewers) don’t respond, I will keep them. Because I can."[/highlight]

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/oprah-ratings-her-syndication-show-is-up-her-cable-network-is-down/

PS: I can not understand. Why do 'Americans' like that bitch? At least her channel is a failure.

144 said:
yep..oprah knows who buttered her international bread. and she continues to harpo on it..even if she is moving to cable.
she knows it damn well..
MJStorm;3215003 said:
It was a case of good news-bad news for Oprah Winfrey today when the ratings for the heavily hyped Monday edition of her syndicated show as well as last week's ratings for her cable network OWN came in. The Monday episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, in which Oprah revealed that she has a half-sister, drew a 9.7 household rating/22 share in the metered markets, the show's highest numbers in 6 years, since the after-Oscars broadcast on Feb. 28, 2005, which posted a 10.8/23.

Meanwhile, according to the basic cable ratings for last week released today, [highlight]OWN's ratings continued to slide in its third full week on the air. For the week of Jan. 17, OWN averaged 297,000 viewers in primetime, down 4% from the previous week.[/highlight] (The network launched on Jan. 1, with an average of 1.1 viewers in primetime for its debut weekend, then averaged 387,000 in its first full week.) OWN continues to trail all of its female-oriented cable competition, including Lifetime (817,000), Oxygen (547,000) and WE (322,000). The highest-rated OWN program was special Ask Oprah's All Stars (539,000). Meanwhile, the daily talk show of Oprah's best friend Gayle King, which airs daily in the morning, was once again at the bottom of the ratings, drawing between 105,000-148,000 from Monday-Friday, down from the week before. Despite the minuscule ratings, the show, a TV version of King's daily radio show, is not necessarily in danger. During her session at TCA, Oprah said that on some shows, [highlight]"even if (viewers) don’t respond, I will keep them. Because I can."[/highlight]

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/oprah-ratings-her-syndication-show-is-up-her-cable-network-is-down/

PS: I can not understand. Why do 'Americans' like that bitch? At least her channel is a failure.
serves her right, hope she fails from now on. I don't get all this Oprah hype either, never got it to begin with. thanks god I never fell for her

Back