Vancouver 2010

Yeah I was thinking that during the ice part... he really would have loved it. Would have made him cry for sure :wub: Lots of great messages in it isn't there :clapping:

:huggy: I hope he is watching. We love you Michael xxxxxxxxxx :angel: :(

The maple leaves covering the floor are sooo beautiful. And Loreena McKennitt is there. Oh I just love this. It would so bring a tear to your eye.
Nice to share it with you Reghead! :huggy:

:huggy: I hope he is watching. We love you Michael xxxxxxxxxx :angel: :(

The maple leaves covering the floor are sooo beautiful. And Loreena McKennitt is there. Oh I just love this. It would so bring a tear to your eye.
Nice to share it with you Reghead! :huggy:

I hope he's watching it as well. If I close my eyes, I can picture him in the crowd, going NUTS with happiness and wonder and amazement... :wub: Love you MJ :wub: :heart:

Yeah it's just wonderful. I'm from the very very upper midwest, only a couple hundred miles from Canada, and I see all this....... and it reminds me of home :D

Hey, It's great sharing it with you too! :huggy:

I hope he's watching it as well. If I close my eyes, I can picture him in the crowd, going NUTS with happiness and wonder and amazement... :wub: Love you MJ :wub: :heart:

Yeah it's just wonderful. I'm from the very very upper midwest, only a couple hundred miles from Canada, and I see all this....... and it reminds me of home :D

Hey, It's great sharing it with you too! :huggy:

Aww you got me teary eyed. :cry: Prince's bday too. :(

Oh aww, you must be a little homesick so watching this? What state are you from, Minnesota? Michigan?

"I've looked at life from both sides now.." We love you, Michael xxxx :angel:

This is so amazing. It's making me wanna cry!

Aww you got me teary eyed. :cry: Prince's bday too. :(

Oh aww, you must be a little homesick so watching this? What state are you from, Minnesota? Michigan?

Ha sorry :huggy: I know, that little baby is a teenager now... how time flies.... :)

Wisconsin, though I lived a few years in Upper Michigan and in northern Minnesota too. So much in common with lower Canada :wub: Loved seeing the autumn scenes with the harvest moon...... gaaaaaaaaa reminds me so much of fall there.... Yeah I do get homesick watching it but excited too, as I go back in less than three months :wild:

I think sometimes, it takes leaving your country for a year, to understand just how much you love it and appreciate it :wub:

Loving the opening ceremonies! Bringing tears to my eyes! Very emotional!

^ :huggy:

Ha sorry :huggy: I know, that little baby is a teenager now... how time flies.... :)

Wisconsin, though I lived a few years in Upper Michigan and in northern Minnesota too. So much in common with lower Canada :wub: Loved seeing the autumn scenes with the harvest moon...... gaaaaaaaaa reminds me so much of fall there.... Yeah I do get homesick watching it but excited too, as I go back in less than three months :wild:

I think sometimes, it takes leaving your country for a year, to understand just how much you love it and appreciate it :wub:

So happy for you that you got to experience a little of home tonight :huggy:
I totally understand what you mean, absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.

OMG look at the special effects!!

"And yes, we say zed instead of zee" - HAHA, good man!

Loving the opening ceremonies! Bringing tears to my eyes! Very emotional!
It is hey! Just amazing, it really is :cry: :huggy:

^ :huggy:
So happy for you that you got to experience a little of home tonight :huggy:
I totally understand what you mean, absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.

Yeah it really is like watching home. It's fun, because my Aussie friends are watching, so I got to teach them a bit about the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) and the harvest moon and the music and the Rockies..... :wub:

OMG look at the special effects!!

"And yes, we say zed instead of zee" - HAHA, good man!

:lol: It's very true!

Go Canada, eh?
You must be feeling pretty proud right now. :)

yes, I am !! :punk:

It is hey! Just amazing, it really is :cry: :huggy:

Yeah it really is like watching home. It's fun, because my Aussie friends are watching, so I got to teach them a bit about the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) and the harvest moon and the music and the Rockies..... :wub:

I love watching the opening ceremonies....The Northern Lights...WOW! I had the privilege of seeing them with my entire family at our cottage a few years ago...It was incredible!

I can't believe what happened to that poor young Georgian athlete.

So unbelievably sad. Praying for him and his family.

How horrific. :cry:

:lol: It's very true!
yes, I am !! :punk:
I love watching the opening ceremonies....The Northern Lights...WOW! I had the privilege of seeing them with my entire family at our cottage a few years ago...It was incredible!
Haha congrats on having the Ollies in your country! They sure are doing an amazing job with it. Really well done :clapping:
Aren't the Northern Lights amazing? I sat for hours outside in the cold watching them. There's no noise or anything and it's just mesmerizing... I'd love to see them again!

I can't believe what happened to that poor young Georgian athlete.
So unbelievably sad. Praying for him and his family.
How horrific. :cry:

Yeah I know. It was weird for me because I'm going to be going into Emergency Services, so in that respect seeing the medical response was interesting...... but on a personal human kind of level I felt terrible for the guy. He didn't have a chance.

watched it and damn im proud to be a canadian .. that was an amazing opening ..

Yea It was amazing. It sure was emotional, loved the ice cracking and the whales, then salmons. It was soo well done, fireworks etc later ... Wayne, the great one was amazing. I am soaked in rain right now but it feels sooo good, so many ppl on the streets, its so alive and festive.

Hey you coming to my city :punk:

Glad you enjoyed it, being there and all! Proud to be Canadian! :punk:

Glad you enjoyed it, being there and all! Proud to be Canadian! :punk:

lol yea very proud!! :) PLus the ceremony was phenomenal. It actually felt very different in downtown today. Olympics bringing the world together. We ended up talking to random ppl and there was all smiles everywhere. Vancouver usually isnt all that hyped up. On a regualr sat, everything is closed by 10pm and if u are not into clubbing then there is not much you can do. Right now it feels great to be there, the stores are open till midnight, and major routes closed, so everyone is walking and no cars..its great. It doesnt feel like its vancouver. There`s so much excitement.

lol yea very proud!! :) PLus the ceremony was phenomenal. It actually felt very different in downtown today. Olympics bringing the world together. We ended up talking to random ppl and there was all smiles everywhere. Vancouver usually isnt all that hyped up. On a regualr sat, everything is closed by 10pm and if u are not into clubbing then there is not much you can do. Right now it feels great to be there, the stores are open till midnight, and major routes closed, so everyone is walking and no cars..its great. It doesnt feel like its vancouver. There`s so much excitement.

That's awesome...I wish I would have been there...I bet you could feel the L.O.V.E...It brings everyone together...

Take a bow all canadians, our neighbors to the north.!!! Spectacular, imaginative opening ceremonies.!!! Love, Love the snow boarder racing down the mountains and entering the stadium during countdown of past olympics.

My apologies for not recalling his name, but the gentleman responsible for organising the games gave what has to be the best speech at any opening ceremonies.

Take a bow all canadians, our neighbors to the north.!!! Spectacular, imaginative opening ceremonies.!!! Love, Love the snow boarder racing down the mountains and entering the stadium during countdown of past olympics.

My apologies for not recalling his name, but the gentleman responsible for organising the games gave what has to be the best speech at any opening ceremonies.

YES! that part was amazing!

YES! that part was amazing![/QUOTE

The huge role the aboriginal groups played in the ceremony is beyond impressive and speak volumes about canadians. You should be celebrated the world over.

Last edited:
LOL did someone else thought as me that Brian Adams looked a bit shy almost scared when singing with a hot temper and sexy Nelly Furtado? *giggle* Geeez he performed completely in her 'shadow' somewhat to me!

But I loved the opening show... all that history I got the first time... and it was all so nice and interesting... not half a second of boredom to me. WOW! Thanks Canadians really. One of the most beautiful opening shows I've ever seen for sure!

Loved KD Lang... wow didn't hear her for a while... great live performance... impressive!

Last edited:
What a tragic start to the games.. may that Georgian athlete rest in peace :no:

The huge role the aboriginal groups played in the ceremony is beyond impressive and speak volumes about canadians. You should be celebrated the world over.
I thought that was very nice too!

I don't know why it was so emotional for me this time but I had to hold my tears sometimes.. The ceremony was very beautiful, well done Canada! I wish someday I could experience that athmosphere live and not only via tv :)

Back