Vancouver 2010

The One.

Proud Member
Yeah, I'm talking about the winter olympics :cheeky: 8 DAYS TO GO!

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Anyone watching? And what sports particularly?

I'm interested especially in ice hockey and ski jumping, but I'll probably follow others sports as well at least a little bit.

So go get your country's flag and join the discussion, goo Finland!!!
flag-smiley-7319.gif

I always watch the olympics:

Gonna watch the following:

* Speedskating (short and long track)
* Bobsledding
* Lugi
* Skeleton
* Downhill Skiiing (every event)
* Ski Jumping
* Figure Skating
* Hockey

I can't wait! I'm not a sports fan, until the Olympics come along. :lol:

I love Short Track Speedskating. It's insane the speed they go around the track. I especially cannot wait to see Apolo Anton Ohno do his thing. He's awesome!

I also love Snowboarding, Bobsledding and Figure Skating. But, Short Track Speedskating is what I'm looking forward to the most.

I mostly can't wait for hockey, I'd love to see the new Canadian team.

I even had my TV fixed for that. I lived without TV for two years, watching dvds only, but I had to get it fixed for the Olympics. I am a HUGE figure skating fan so I will watch that.

Ice Hockey...Hopefully Canada gets the gold!

I agree, they've got a great team. With young guns like Sidney Crosby, Drew Doughty, Jonathan Toews, Rick Nash and few others, there's no stoping Team Canada in hockey now.

I can't wait! I'm not a sports fan, until the Olympics come along.

I love Short Track Speedskating. It's insane the speed they go around the track. I especially cannot wait to see Apolo Anton Ohno do his thing. He's awesome!

I also love Snowboarding, Bobsledding and Figure Skating. But, Short Track Speedskating is what I'm looking forward to the most.

so true, i don't watch sports until the summer or winter Olympics start, shows how big the Olympics are for everyone. Even the super bowl doesn't interest me...well, unless the 'interesting' commercials come on or the musical act, or even the fun super bowl food.=/
Im looking forward to figure skating, but i enjoy the opening of the Olympics too and seeing what that country puts together.
Bringing different countries together around the world aside from only being about sports. The Olympics is the only major function that does it quite well i think.

I love sports and I used to listen more to sports in the radio than I listened to music.
In the olympics I love "the blue berries" but I´m not sure there are any nowadays.
The "eagle" became a famous skijumper, not because he won but he jumped 20 meters shorter than the others. or someone who lives close to the desert compete in skiing.

Winter Olympics!! Its in my city!!!! I got couple of tix for hockey games mostly.
Cool! I can't wait for the hockey games to start!!

Only 5 days to go! (too bad the opening ceremony comes in the middle of the night here so I won't be watching it :()

oooh..nice! i was gonna get tickets for the opening ceremonies...but figured it would be way too much organization on my part....same as you...try getting a hotel..i don't know anyone in Vancouver...

my ex bf lives in vancouver now i can crash at his place but mehhh ... hhahaha
i guess i'll just watch it on t.v jus like everybody else .. :(

Haha the roof totally almost blew off when Canada came in I swear! I love watching the Olympics :D So much festivities and L.O.V.E. and excitement :woohoo:

My country (US) the coats were kinda boring but the HATS were cute :p Yes I loved Ireland's outfit :clapping:

Haha the roof totally almost blew off when Canada came in I swear! I love watching the Olympics :D So much festivities and L.O.V.E. and excitement :woohoo:

My country (US) the coats were kinda boring but the HATS were cute :p Yes I loved Ireland's outfit :clapping:

YAY, so proud of my country walking out, weren't you of yours?

GO Bryan and Nelly!

I do love Bryan's voice but it disappoints me that they just mimed!

The stadium looks like a magical winter wonderland. :heart:

I do love Bryan's voice but it disappoints me that they just mimed!

The stadium looks like a magical winter wonderland. :heart:

I think that happens a LOT in live broadcasts though, like to be safe...

I know, I'm in Australia right now and miss the kind of winter scenes they are showing in that stadium right now. I LOVE snow :wub: Wow it's all so beautiful!

I think that happens a LOT in live broadcasts though, like to be safe...

I know, I'm in Australia right now and miss the kind of winter scenes they are showing in that stadium right now. I LOVE snow :wub: Wow it's all so beautiful!

I know. :wub: WOW! It's so gorgeous right now.

Oh btw I thought the USA's hats were really cute too!

It is amazing! The northern lights were represented! :woohoo: I saw those a few times when I lived in northern upper Michigan :woohoo: OMG the ice cracking (sending a message!) and then the whales.... just amazingly done :clapping:

It is just incredible isn't it! The lights! Gorgeous!
And Sarah McLachlan's magical voice!

Michael would love this. It's got the same sort of message as Earth Song. Take care of our planet!!!!

Back