We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

Re: We Are The World to be re-recorded for Haiti.

Quincy has said that Michael & Janet are singing Michael's part together..the video will be spilt screen with Michael's original footage.

So is there a release date yet please? I havent heard one yet. I shouldnt be too far away now.

I think it was said that the release date was February 12th.

Last edited:

^^Thank you for that. So a week to go!

I thought it would air this friday at the opening of the Olympics. Is this wrong?

(click to enlarge)
watw25-a.jpg

Marty In LA

http://www.world25.org/donate/

The world premiere of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics this Friday, February 12th. Immediately following the premiere, click the Buy The Song on iTunes here to purchase the 25th Anniversary version of the song or accompanying video ‘We Are The World 25 for Haiti’. It’s not a donation, but proceeds of each download go to the Foundation to help those in need. The artists have agreed to forego payment, so the Foundation can receive a greater share of the proceeds. iTunes has even waived its share of the proceeds for downloads for the first months of the Foundation’s campaign.

Michael is retaining his Part, Being Edited into the video next to Janet, don't think the kids are reading a poem they might well be, but one will be printed in the "book" or summat, at Katherines request. Great news. if only they would mention Michael more on the networks and stuff

Can not wait 2 see how it turned out...

It's a good thing they used Michael's voice, and it will be very emotional when we will hear him singing with Janet :'(

I thought it would air this friday at the opening of the Olympics. Is this wrong?

That's what I heard. I'm not sure what time tho. But the Olympics start 7:30 p.m. est U.S. I hope it's somewhere near the beginning. I'm not watching the whole Olympics for it.

New footage from the making of WATW25

[youtube]XH8JlBs9U9M[/youtube]

Last edited:

Wonder if Quincey will apologise to Michael's family for his comments now the autopsy proved that he had vitiligo?

That is so nice that Michael also is in the song!!!! I hope itrs true that Janet also will be part of it or... :S ! :D

Wonder if Quincey will apologise to Michael's family for his comments now the autopsy proved that he had vitiligo?

I don't think he will bother. Surely he has more important things to do.

I am not even sure they know Q said all these things about MJ.

Found another behind-the-scenes video. At the end you can listen to LL Cool J doing the rap.

[youtube]KtxM8bgwSy8[/youtube]

This is a disaster. The drum track is different and the song now contains a rap. And half of those people can't even sing. And once again not one word about Michael.

I think his big, fat ego will be in the way!!!

I hate to be picky buuuuut -

Lionel Richie has revealed that Michael Jackson is featured in the new video for the revamped version of We Are The World.

The late King of Pop can be seen singing with his sister Janet in the video, which will make his debut in the US during coverage of the Winter Olympics' opening ceremony.

Lionel, who wrote the original charity anthem, said: "We left the original footage of that part, but now he is singing with his sister."

Quincy Jones, who produced the original track and helped orchestrate the re-recording, added: "It's something we wanted to see, but his mother requested it too, for Janet to sing with Michael.

"It was perfect. It was meant to be."

We Are The World 25 features 80 artists, including Pink, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Kanye West and Jennifer Hudson.

Proceeds from sales of the song will benefit earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti.

The Press Association

Say what?? I have noticed this a lot in recent weeks. Much of the credit for the original song has been going to Quincy and Lionel.

Wonder if the MJ footage will be him from the rehearsals as I heard they did rehearsal WATW?

I think his big, fat ego will be in the way!!!
I hate to be picky buuuuut -
The Press Association
Say what?? I have noticed this a lot in recent weeks. Much of the credit for the original song has been going to Quincy and Lionel.

yes, I also saw some news didn't mention Michael as the song writer. Michael wrote 98% of the song, but the media act as Lionel (who just changed some lyrics) did 98%. I don't expect them to recognize most of this song were written by Michael cause the media never be fair to him. at least they should have report him as co-writer.

I don't think he will bother. Surely he has more important things to do.

I am not even sure they know Q said all these things about MJ.
Yes, it was a Quincy Jones impersonator saying all these things on video on several entertainment shows.

Back