Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

There was no reason to put it on blu ray. You can't make an old VHS tape into a pristine HD copy.
It's as useless as when people convert a Bad tour video to 720p and put it on YouTube.

The Way You Make Me Feel is my favorite performance from wembley.

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

So now that I've heard all the 6 demos for quite a few times I have to say I just thoroughly enjoyed all of them.
I'm so Blue - I'm in love with that song. Al Capone - brilliant - def. some elements of SC but still different and amazing. POF again some elements of BJ but amazing in its own right. Abortion Papers- love it more with every listen. Free- oh so breezy and the harmonizing in the chorus is so Michael- just love that one. DBMA I've always loved it even though more of an unfinished song,but the infectious beat is just awesome.

I know they are all demos, w/the exception of DBMA,I have to say they all seem pretty much finished to my amateur ears. Ithink any one of those would have fit perfectly in the BAD album. I wouldn't have minded if POF would have been there instead of JGF (not crazy about that one- I think it is SW vocals that are a little grating for me- ).

Michael's vocals are genius just out of this world- just his vocal performance makes these songs brilliant. The beat and catchiness of the fast songs are so classic Mj. He has such an amazing percussive mind and talent. And the ballads - wow all of them Free, ISB and FA are heavenly. All in all an A++ for this project. I am so enjoying this. Thank you Michael for your genius and thank you estate for such a great project. :clapping:

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

This may not be accurate, but Wikipedia says that the live version of Bad from Yokohama is a bonus track on the 2nd disc of Bad 25. If it is, then I WANT IT TOO!!!!!!!

It's in Japan.

I love all of them

Watched this DVD and i had a big smile on my face from the beginning of WBSS to the last notes of MITM. I've seen the Yokohama show many times and loved it, but this was even better! He seemd to be much more confident on stage than during the beginning of the tour. Our hero at his peak as consert artist. The Beat it jacket looked so cool! Much greater than i remember it. Smooth C with all its energy made me cry happy tears. The pic quality could have been better, but in terms of sound, it was perfect!

I know DBMA doesn't get a lot of love, but here is my love for this percussive gem! The beat got me the first time I heard it, just thinking that Michael was playing the piano makes my heart beat a little faster. It is so catchy and shows off Michael's percussive genius. Loooove this song, though clearly a demo, it is still a wonderful treasure!

Re: BAD 25: The Original BAD Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I didn't know where else to ask this but does anyone know how many color variations there are of the 2001 Bad SE? I'm talking about the disc label itself.

Mine is red but I've seen a black one at a garage sale although I didn't get it, I've also seen white ones on eBay before and I heard there is a blue one.

Re: BAD 25: The Original BAD Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I bought a cd with original mixes today. I can't wait to hear it and compare it to the remastered tracks.

The more I listen to Price Of Fame, the more I get attached to it. Which I didn't think was possible. I've been working on an instrumental cover of POF, so I've just been studying it for hours at a time.

This song fascinates me.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

I'm reading complaints (from non-fans) that Bad and MITM are lip synced on this concert. Is that so? It's always hard for me to tell...

The average person can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting tired and out of breath. I think two songs using playback is quite reasonable for 17 song set list of all-out singing and dancing.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Cute

15hig08.jpg

When at the end Michael introduced all his band members and then the children came in I started tearing up and then this pic that's when the tears started falling. :cry:

Did u guys see the way jennifer batten gently brushed her hands through michael's hair during dirty diana, how cute was that :wub:

But it wouldve been funny if mchael was like " get out of my hair woman!" lol :swordfight:

Yes that was so sweet and sexy. Wish I could have done that myself.

People should think about how difficult it must be to sing and dance at the same time and NOT to sound out of breath after dancing your ass off for 2 hours. You cannot compare this to artists who just stand there before a microphone. Yeah, MITM is not a dancy track, but it was at the end of the concert and Michael must have been very tired by then.

Also keep in mind that even though MITM is not a dancy track the energy he exudes just on that song is amazing, all those twirls and come down on his knees must be exhausting. Give Michael a break really.

I just finished watching the entire concert and he was SOO Happy and energetic. My, he was on fire that night!! hE WAS PURE SEX the entire time, especially during Dirty Diana, but Goodness he is so gorgeous and sexy!! What artist can have that type of energy- not one - only the one and only KING OF POP! when the break came I thought, oh good Michael can take a break, I hope he is getting a msssage and drinking some energy drink. I swear it felt like I was watching a live show. It brought me back to the wonderful 80's when Michael was at his peak and everybody seemed to love him. This experience was sublime for me. Very emotional. At one point, I don't know how, I thought oh Kate and William can watch him one day too, and then reality set in. All his performances were WOW WOW, and his adlibs at the end of I'll be there and also at the end of Rock with You when he holds a note for eternity it seems.

When I lost it was at the end of BAD when he was introducing all the band member and he was soooo happy omg, if he could have stayed that happy forever, if I could just freeze that time for him Iwould. It started making me very emotional and then the kids came in and he hugged that little girl- I couldn't help myself I was tearing up and lost it. I miss him so much. The absolute greatest entertainer EVER!! i MISS YOU MICHAEL AND THANK YOU!!:boohoo

Tricia I totally agree with everything you said. When I was watching the dvd I was like telling my mom omg the things I am feeling right now she was like ew tmi. She loves Michael to death but it creeps her out hearing me talk like that bout anyone haha Anyways I said the same thing I was like wonder if Kate and Wills will get to see him perform live one day would be great if they met! then I was like oh shoot wait....was kinda sad reality check for me. I agree he was just so so happy in this dvd. I wanted to freeze that moment before all the crap came in. I'm just thankful after all that happened to him he atleast had his 3 children who obviously loved him dearly as he did them.

The more I listen to Price Of Fame, the more I get attached to it. Which I didn't think was possible. I've been working on an instrumental cover of POF, so I've just been studying it for hours at a time.

This song fascinates me.

This i would love to hear!

The average person can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting tired and out of breath. I think two songs using playback is quite reasonable for 17 song set list of all-out singing and dancing.

4 songs actually: TWYMMF, BAD, MITM, SMOOTH CRIMINAL. All are about 80% dubbed.

I loved how happy he looks. It's like he was doing what he really wanted to do and on his terms. It was his first solo tour and I think he really loved it. I wish he was here to celebrate this release and see and hear the love people have for him. I miss him too.

Yes that was so sweet and sexy. Wish I could have done that myself.

I think all us girl wish we could do that

If any of them even got the hat. For all we know, security took it away :D
Hopefully one of them got it.

So the fans never got to keep the hat?

Said that, i did not.
Probably. There just appeared to be a lot of security there to make sure a fight doesn't break out, and then it cuts back to the show.
Someone probably got it.

During the Bucharest show, by the time someone ended up with the hat, it looked half-way destroyed!

cmstrike;3713295 said:
Scorpio;3713220 said:
I could have done without having another media type song, but I digress.
This one isn't really about the media, though.

"He described the story as 'the girls who are over-obsessed with me, who follow me, who almost make me kill myself in my car, who just give their lives to do anything with me, to see me – they’ll do anything and it’s breaking my heart. It’s running me crazy. It’s breaking up my relationship with my girl, with my family. That’s the Price of Fame.'”

And to be fair, this was most likely one of the first songs that he wrote on a subject like this.

I think it's interesting to see how MJ's songs on these subjects -- fame, the media, tabloids, distrust, paranoia, etc. -- sort of developed over the years as he became older, more famous, and the nature of his fame changed. This was his reality and I think a lot of fans feel a strong connection to these songs because they deal with his (very personal) perception of the world around him. Price of Fame is my favorite Bad 25 track right now, but it also gives me the chills. Or maybe it is because it gives me the chills... The way he sings lines like "my father never lies" and "so don't be feelin' no pain boy!" as well as the verse near the end: "I feel their envious looks at me / Their mistaken jealousy / Then stand here in my shoes / And get a taste of my blues!" are absolutely amazing, fascinating, but at the same time sad and almost disturbing.

I think this stuff affected him throughout his entire career, from a very young age, and this was a form of therapy for him. And although we got hints of it in Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Leave Me Alone and Why You Wanna Trip on Me, it seems he chose not to share too much of these types of songs until HIStory, after things turned really dark for him. There's probably a lot more of them locked away in the vault that he decided against releasing in favor of "lighter" material that would be easier to relate to for the average listener.

Last edited:

4 songs actually: TWYMMF, BAD, MITM, SMOOTH CRIMINAL. All are about 80% dubbed.
Who even cares though? There is no one that dances like Michael. People would also complain if he just stood there and sang every song live, but didn't dance as much.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the band introductions. Him and Greg are so funny. (Greg's face during the bad jam cracks me up..such a character).

i thought it was more of an observation that a complaint...

I watch the perfromance of Billie Jean more than any other perfromance on the DVD

Back