Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

May you rest in peace Dominic Lucero (he's on the far right in the pic). He died of lymphatic cancer in 1994, he was 26 years old. Might be the wrong thread for this but i had to say it sorry.

WithRandyAllaire.jpg

Re: BAD 25: The BAD Album Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I'm very happy to see this thread! :) This is something that has been on my mind for several years.

I know there are like 4 or 5 variants of the Bad album and its mixes in every format. Songs like Bad, TWYMMF and Smooth Criminal were completely reworked and remixed, while IJCSLY and Dirty Diana had some parts removed only. I have a CD and a Cassette with all the original mixes; an LP that has new versions for Bad, TWYMMF and Smooth Criminal (with Breath) but keeps the Dirty Diana long fade out and the spoken intro of IJCSLY; a cassette that includes all new mixes without the spoken intro but keeps the Dirty Diana long fade out and the breathe on Smooth Criminal; and a cassette and CD that includes all new mixes. I've always asked myself who ordered these mixes, maybe it wasn't Michael, it was Quincy or Sony people. Why they had to modify too many times the songs? Were the original presses withdrawn of the market and replaced by the new ones?...

Long time ago I read something about the Holophonic technics from Hugo Zuccarelli used in IJCSLY and Smooth Criminal to give a 3D atmosphere, and at some point Michael didn't like the sound or Sony lost the rights to use the system and that's the reason why they modified the tracks. It makes sense, but then why did they modify so many songs on the album?... does anybody know something about this?

I can say there are three versions of Smooth Criminal: Original Mix, New Mix with Breathing and New Mix without Breathing. The original mix of Smooth Criminal can be found on the short version of its video clip (the Number Ones one).

As far as I know, every first pressing CD I've seen in my life has the "Includes Bonus Track Leave me Alone" red sign on the upper left side, so that's a clue for everybody who is looking for this pressing :)

That 1993 copyright for Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu can't be possible, the song was released in 1987 in selected markets and makes no sense being released in 1993... (here in Chile it was released in 1987 as the first song on the A Side of the Bad Cassette)

I'll be watching the concert for the first time later today when my sister gets here! :wild:

Well you are the one who picks at most things on here so I wouldn't expect anything less..

wut? I wasn't even the one who brought it up in the first place...

I'll be watching the concert for the first time later today when my sister gets here! :wild:
Enjoy it! You and your sis will be amazed!

You're going to have so much fun! Enjoy!

The opening 30 seconds of The Way You Make Me Feel are incredible, MJ's dancing is just out of this world in that opening 30 seconds. Best opening to a song ever!

"You knock me off my feet now (daddy?), HOOOOOO!"
It's definitly not BAYBEH.
DANDY doesn't really make sense.
All I hear is DADDY! :D

Kinda like when he says "Now the way that it stands...she's outta my caaaan!"

Last edited:

I don't know if this has been disscused, or if this (error?) is only in my dvd. On MITM, just as he is about to say stand up for my brother, i hear an ''Aoow'' in the background.. And then some seconds after i hear an '' hoo''. Whats up with that

I don't know if this has been disscused, or if this (error?) is only in my dvd. On MITM, just as he is about to say stand up for my brother, i hear an ''Aoow'' in the background.. And then some seconds after i hear an '' hoo''. Whats up with that

maybe playback sounds? The playback even includes his own backup vocal, as well as the choir.
But more likely an oversight? on their part?
I'd say maybe it was Sheryl doing the AOWW (probably not), but definitely not her doing the WHOO

I always thought he was saying "dabby", which is Jacksonese for "baby".

Finally saw the concert - will have to give my thoughts later as I'm still in awe, can't function :p

The opening 30 seconds of The Way You Make Me Feel are incredible, MJ's dancing is just out of this world in that opening 30 seconds. Best opening to a song ever!

Exactly why I put this performance as the best and my favorite from the Wembley show. Also Love how the crowd sings 'The Way you Make Me Feel'. part

maybe playback sounds? The playback even includes his own backup vocal, as well as the choir.
I'd say maybe it was Sheryl doing the AOWW (probably not), but definitely not her doing the WHOO

the Aow and Hoo does not sound like playback and nor does that sound like sheryl. it prolly just a little error they made or something, not a big deal.

Btw the hoo sounds alot like one he did in the moonwalker MITM

[youtube]Z-iPyiNolcY[/youtube]
4:08

Re: BAD 25: The BAD Album Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I don't own any of the vinyl reissues of Bad but I was considering getting the Bad 25 picture vinyl as well as the Thriller 25 one as I don't have that either, Is it safe to assume the mixes on the Bad 25 Vinyl are the same as the CD?

also, I do have 2 original vinyl pressings of Bad and both contain original mixes but one has the album sleeve in a smooth, slightly glossy finish while the other has the same flat texture that most of the other vinyls I own have. Is one more common than the other?

I'm still really pissed about the glossy one because when I ordered it online a few years ago it was damaged by my mail carrier who shoved it in my mailbox due to laziness and because it was packaged inadequately. I was ultimately able to salvage it but from what I can detect of the damage, it would have been mint had it been properly packaged and delivered.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

4 songs actually: TWYMMF, BAD, MITM, SMOOTH CRIMINAL. All are about 80% dubbed.

Excuse me for bringing this up again, but I compared MITM with the album version, and it's about 10% slower than on the album. So they couldn't have just used album acapellas - they would have to either intentionally slow them down which is ridiculous, or re-record the whole thing with music (and what for?)

On TWYMMF there is a moment in the first chorus when Michael gives the microphone to the audience and not singing where he should. How does that correspond with the playback?

In other words, I can't understand why people are so sure. The songs sound similar to album recordings, but Michael was known for his ability to do duplicate vocals sounding exactly the same.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Excuse me for bringing this up again, but I compared MITM with the album version, and it's about 10% slower than on the album. So they couldn't have just used album acapellas - they would have to either intentionally slow them down which is ridiculous, or re-record the whole thing with music (and what for?)

On TWYMMF there is a moment in the first chorus when Michael gives the microphone to the audience and not singing where he should. How does that correspond with the playback?

In other words, I can't understand why people are so sure. The songs sound similar to album recordings, but Michael was known for his ability to do duplicate vocals sounding exactly the same.

The Man si right. On TWYMMF before he says "everybody sing!" he makes a sign to the band to cut off the acapella. :)

As for Smooth Criminal, the chorus was live. And it was INCREDIBLE.

They would do that so that the playback wouldn't be that obvious. Listen Beat It and TWYMMF from 30th Anniversary concert for example. They are obviously lip-synced but they don't sound exactly like studio versions. In Bad Tour he starts really singing in MITM at around 3:18:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nh84lfvW0

Odd how they managed to do that, lol. At first I thought it was MJ doing it while singing/lip synching, something he does in Smooth Criminal (testing if the mic is live?):

2:30: "Ho!" [youtube]AZviuaaRnQY[/youtube]

Finally saw the concert - will have to give my thoughts later as I'm still in awe, can't function :p

Haha, from personal experience I'd say it'll prolly take a few days to recoup to a level where one can put coherent sentences together. Waiting to hear your thoughts once you've returned from cloud 9. :D

Im wondering if this concert was shot on film (which it most likely was) does that mean there would be different camera angles? or would it be the same?

Odd how they managed to do that, lol. At first I thought it was MJ doing it while singing/lip synching, something he does in Smooth Criminal (testing if the mic is live?):

2:30: "Ho!" [youtube]AZviuaaRnQY[/youtube]

The mic was on the whole chorus/es.

Im wondering if this concert was shot on film (which it most likely was) does that mean there would be different camera angles? or would it be the same?

There was most likely separate camera crew shooting with the film cameras so there would be different camera angles. Like in Another Part of Me music video and in this:

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

I am sooo in love with 'I'm So Blue'....His voice is so angelic....The chorus is completely infectious and I sigh every time I hear it, while singing along....And I just absolutely love when he sings, 'Set me freeeeee eeeeeee'....The way his voice goes up a little bit, so smooth, so sweet....Oh I just love this man with all my heart and soul....I miss him terribly :cry:

Thank you Michael for giving us such beautiful music to have forever :wub:

I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers and Price of Fame are my favorites!!

Price of Fame is geniues! - I really love that song!

Price of Fame is really something else....It sounds way beyond its time, IMO....There is so much drama and darkness to it...I absolutely love the beginning growl and the first few notes...SO cool....And the bridge is very cool and different sounding....There is something so captivating about it....I'm lost...

I would have to say I'm So Blue and Price of Fame are my favourites...then Al Capone, Abortion Papers, Free, and Don't Be Messin'....Such treasures from Michael....just wow...

I am sooo in love with 'I'm So Blue'....His voice is so angelic....The chorus is completely infectious and I sigh every time I hear it, while singing along....And I just absolutely love when he sings, 'Set me freeeeee eeeeeee'....The way his voice goes up a little bit, so smooth, so sweet....Oh I just love this man with all my heart and soul....I miss him terribly :cry:

Thank you Michael for giving us such beautiful music to have forever :wub:

The more I listen to POF the more I love it, it is incredible. His vocals are perfection. The way he sings "my father never lies" with such power, and how there are some harmonies in there in some lyrics. I think it is just brilliant.

Right now I would say POF and I'm so blue are tied for my favorites. And I totally agree with you Arklove -that's exactly why I love I'm so Blue! But guess what, then I listen to Al Capone and Abortion Papers and I love them too- haha, what a great dilemma to have , and Free is also a favorite and poor DBMA I love it too! I just love this disc 2 from BAD25 even the remixes are pretty good and I am not a fan of remixes but the Speed Demon one is REALLY good and for me to say that for a remix it must be good. The other two BAD ones are excellent too. This to me is so far the best music release since 09, and I did love MICHAEL, but this is outstanding !! :dancin:

The more I listen to POF the more I love it, it is incredible. His vocals are perfection. The way he sings "my father never lies" with such power, and how there are some harmonies in there in some lyrics. I think it is just brilliant.

Right now I would say POF and I'm so blue are tied for my favorites. And I totally agree with you Arklove -that's exactly why I love I'm so Blue! But guess what, then I listen to Al Capone and Abortion Papers and I love them too- haha, what a great dilemma to have , and Free is also a favorite and poor DBMA I love it too! I just love this disc 2 from BAD25 even the remixes are pretty good and I am not a fan of remixes but the Speed Demon one is REALLY good and for me to say that for a remix it must be good. The other two BAD ones are excellent too. This to me is so far the best music release since 09, and I did love MICHAEL, but this is outstanding !! :dancin:

Oh I pretty much agree with you on everything....POF and I'm So Blue, hands down my fave songs from the unreleased stuff....I find POF sucks you right in and keeps you there...Has a feel of WII and BJ, but stands on its own, for sure...

Speed Demon really kicks ass....It really has a good 'drive' sound, Nero really got it, I find....I do like the Afrojack mix, but not the one with Pitbull....This is a great, great batch of songs....

Re: BAD 25 CD 2 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion

And I agree with you both on everything!!!!! I feel exactly the same way about these songs! :D :D :D

I melt everytime I hear I'm so blue, it's so sad and at the same time so beautiful!

Back