What are the effects of propofol daily?

MJ was telling people he wanted to take the shows to India and Japan, does that seem like a forced guy? If he wanted to perform in India and Japan, why would not he perform extra concerts in London?

When did he say that? Was he heard saying that? Or it's other people saying that other people said that he said it... As usual with Jackson. Randy Philips himself says Jackson tells him he wants no more shows, (including to more than one person/family member that after London he wants to focus on movies), ppl now knowing very well he couldn't sleep, and we're still wondering if he was so eager to perform 50. ... ..... Fact is, the rehearsals weren't done, Kenny Ortega can attest to that, the time was limited, and One concert got postponed because of that. More would've followed. Don't need to review any contract, AEG's Thome Thome had way too much power to get Jackson sign whatever, he had POA, could've signed it himself, he was following him like a hawk when in London and at the Beverly Hills meetings, then gets fired and refuses to considers himself that...

.... Diverting way too much, sorry for that, but it's to show that Jackson wouldn't have resorted to the use of Propofol (that some people blame him for) in the first place, if everything were fine. He couldn't sleep, and more shows only added to this insomnia, esp. since the rehearsals weren't finished. Because AEG set the show dates in the first place, and they didn't care to set them at least somewhere in autumn so he gets more time to rehearse, esp for a perfectionist Jackson. He agreed to perform, and they took advantage of that and they didn't give him the right time, it's insane to think a month of preparing for such huge concerts would be enough.

But I'll stop, or else some may think again I'm taking murderer Murray's side, just because I'm adding others to the This Is It contexts. ...

When did he say that? Was he heard saying that? Or it's other people saying that other people said that he said it

Don't know where he said it, or even IF he said it. Is there a link that anyone's found, of MICHAEL saying that?

Is the (unsigned) contract online anywhere? A link? (I'd like to review it.)

(Off topic, but YES, there was a video of Michael telling fans he "went to bed thinking he was doing ten shows, and woke up to fifty!" He seemed very upset. Covered his face with his hands for a sec and appeared to be crying, and then put his hands together like he was praying. I remember the video very well. I saw it, and I know Mechi saw it, and some others from this board saw it. But, it was quickly removed.)

But, the topic of the thread is the effects of daily propofol. I don't think there is ANY data on that? Is there? Never heard of such a thing before! I did read about some people (usually medical professionals who would have access to the drug), injecting small amounts, and then waking up quickly. (WHY anyone would do that, I really have no idea.)

Come on elusive.. I am not the only fan that wanted MJ to make a comeback and you know it. Weren't you one of the first ones to get a ticket when the shows were announced in your home town?

theres a difference between wanting mj to make a comeback and have success and all the nasty snide comments you used to make about him and his children on kop board. dont play the innocent thing it doesnt wash.yes i got tickets for the shows and thankfully London isnt my home town either. but i and 99% of ppl didnt act like you and all the coments u used to make at mj. how many times did i tell u on kop when u were moaning that he wasnt doing anything that quote "hes living his life and raising his kids" that wasnt good enough for you. but now he cant even do that. so i hope your happy

.... Diverting way too much, sorry for that, but it's to show that Jackson wouldn't have resorted to the use of Propofol (that some people blame him for) in the first place, if everything were fine. He couldn't sleep, and more shows only added to this insomnia, esp. since the rehearsals weren't finished. Because AEG set the show dates in the first place, and they didn't care to set them at least somewhere in autumn so he gets more time to rehearse, esp for a perfectionist Jackson. He agreed to perform, and they took advantage of that and they didn't give him the right time, it's insane to think a month of preparing for such huge concerts would be enough.

why don't you also blame Bin Amar from the History tour, MJ had to take propofol back then also to perform.

He was also dehydrated during the Bad tour and Dangerous tour, should not we also blame the promoters and producers who pushed him back then to perform?

He had more than enough time to prepare during the History tour still he took propofol back then. He was searching for a doctor since March , four months before any concerts.

Stop with this conspiracy nonsense. When AEG felt there was something wrong they sent MJ to his home to rest but the doctor HE HIRED told them to mind their own business. If I invested 30 millions and the singer was taking the DOSES mURRAY was giving him, I would have complained and complained and complained.

He was an insomniac for most of his teen and adult life, nothing AEG could have done to change that. Even if someone else was the producer and promotor of the shows, MJ would still have suffered from insomnia . No one asked him to chose Murray, no one sure asked him to take propofol.
Nothing but what Murray gave MJ killed him, if he had hired someone else, he very likely would have been still alive.

was MJ also in debt in 1996? Did Bin Amar blackmail him? Did he use his assets to insure the tour? Was he in financial ruin back then? NOOOOOOO, AND HE STILL TOOK PROPOFOL.

Last edited:
why don't you also blame Bin Amar from the History tour, MJ had to take propofol back then also to perform.

He was also dehydrated during the Bad tour and Dangerous tour, should not we also blame the promoters and producers who pushed him back then to perform?

He had more than enough time to prepare during the History tour still he took propofol back then. He was searching for a doctor since March , four months before any concerts.

Stop with this conspiracy nonsense. When AEG felt there was something wrong they sent MJ to his home to rest but the doctor HE HIRED told them to mind their own business. If I invested 30 millions and the singer was taking the DOSES mURRAY was giving him, I would have complained and complained and complained.

He was an insomniac for most of his teen and adult life, nothing AEG could have done to change that. Even if someone else was the producer and promotor of the shows, MJ would still have suffered from insomnia . No one asked him to chose Murray, no one sure asked him to take propofol.
Nothing but what Murray gave MJ killed him, if he had hired someone else, he very likely would have been still alive.

was MJ also in debt in 1996? Did Bin Amar blackmail him? Did he use his assets to insure the tour? Was he in financial ruin back then? NOOOOOOO, AND HE STILL TOOK PROPOFOL.
I am sorry but..I will say it again..there is NO PROOF anywhere..other than "sources say"....that Michael EVER had a history of using propofol. We have discussed this in another thread..there are NO links to prove that anyone anywhere gave Michael propofol..during anytime in his life other than ..Murray giving it to him.....Michael NEVER told us he used it in the past..no doctor ever testified to it.

I am sorry but..I will say it again..there is NO PROOF anywhere..other than "sources say"....that Michael EVER had a history of using propofol. We have discussed this in another thread..there are NO links to prove that anyone anywhere gave Michael propofol..during anytime in his life other than ..Murray giving it to him.....Michael NEVER told us he used it in the past..no doctor ever testified to it.

I fear this thread, too, will go south. There is NO PROOF that Michael took propofol during the HIStory tour, and if there is proof, then the links should be provided from legitimate sources.

Who on earth is "Bin Amar?"

(edit) looked him up. The name is actually "Ben Ammar." Never heard of him, but apparently he was the manager of the HIStory tour? Why is he mentioned here, in a thread about the effects of daily propofol use????

Sophie did post an article from 2000, where MJ , Ratner and PROPOFOL were mentioned, you want us to believe he told fans he did not want to do more than 10 shows when he in fact had already signed a contract with minimum 18 shows , you post no evidence, you claim AEG pushed him ...etc and then when we provide articles statements you say that's not credible.

You have a section dedicated to conspiracy theories where no one asked anyone to prove anything he/she says, you can say whatever you want there, blame whoever you want to blame, claim MJ never heard of propofol and was killed by a hit-man, no one is bothering you , why are you trying to convince us MJ had no idea about propofol?

(edit) looked him up. The name is actually "Ben Ammar." Never heard of him, but apparently he was the manager of the HIStory tour? Why is he mentioned here, in a thread about the effects of daily propofol use????

maybe you should have asked the poster who listed you as source for the " only 10 shows" . Why would anyone bring in Tohme and AEG in the first place in a thread like this?

and why you have never ever provided any legitimate source for any of your stories?

A statement from Dr. Metzeger's attorney was not a legitimate source?
So Metzeger told him MJ never asked me about propofol and his attorney still told the media Metzeger visited MJ in April and MJ asked him to provide propofol all that was made up by his attorney?

And why MJ was visiting Dr.Adams in March? social event?

Lee was lying, Metzeger was lying, Adams was lying? everyone was lying ? your point exactly ? Was MJ aware he was given propofol or was not he?

please don't tell me " we don't know yet"

Last edited by a moderator:
to be fair the lawsuit article from 01 contained nothing much more than a vague statement by a witness. it then went further as the press picked it up and ran with it. then we had sources giving quotes to CNN etc. lets not develope it anymore than what it really is. he may have used it who knows but the sources and the lawsuit info is hardly concrete evidence and will be irrelvent in court unless ratner or others take the stand

Last edited:
Sophie did post an article from 2000, where MJ , Ratner and PROPOFOL were mentioned, you want us to believe he told fans he did not want to do more than 10 shows when he in fact had already signed a contract with minimum 18 shows , you post no evidence, you claim AEG pushed him ...etc and then when we provide articles statements you say that's not credible.

You have a section dedicated to conspiracy theories where no one asked anyone to prove anything he/she says, you can say whatever you want there, blame whoever you want to blame, claim MJ never heard of propofol and was killed by a hit-man, no one is bothering you , why are you trying to convince us MJ had no idea about propofol?
First of all the article MENTIONS Michael and prop fol and Ratner....can you show me PROOF ..in writing on you tube..anywhere..that either Michael or Ratner said that Michael had propofol before?? I dont think so..but if you can I would be more than happy to watch it. And secondly....the video of Michael saying he only wanted to do 10 shows...I SEEN IT....it was conveniently taken off of youtube..very quickly....I am sorry if you were not quick enough to see it.

to be fair the lawsuit article from 01 contained nothing much more than a vague statement by a witness. it then went further as the press picked it up and ran with it. then we had sources giving quotes to CNN etc. lets not develope it anymore than what it really is. he may have used it who knows but the sources and the lawsuit info is hardly concrete evidence and will be irrelvent in court unless ratner or others take the stand

in 2000 they mentioned propofol specifically. that was a coincidence?

and elusive do you really believe propofol was Murray's idea ?

I don't know whether it will be brought up during the trial or not. I do believe the defence will try everything in their power to bring Ratner to testify , and I can't see how the judge would deny such request.

the video of Michael saying he only wanted to do 10 shows

then why did he sign a contract with 18 shows minimum and 38 shows maximum? you saw the video , I did not. And there is many many sites dedicated to prove the conspiracy theory, all of their members claim they saw that particular video but no one ever saved it? how odd!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting thread, I've been sitting here reading it for the past hour. :laugh:

the problem is that a nyp tabloid article published in 2000 mentioned that ratner gave propofol to mj.

check goolge archives: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/nypost/...***+DRUG+STUNNER+IN+'GYNO'+TRIAL&pqatl=google

full nyp article was posted on kop: http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/lofiversion/index.php/t43481.html (scroll to: Old article from the NY Post)

seems just a bit too much of a coincidence they would come up with the propofol story unless there's some truth to it. before mj's death the public hardly knew this substance exists.

theres a difference between wanting mj to make a comeback and have success and all the nasty snide comments you used to make about him and his children on kop board. dont play the innocent thing it doesnt wash.yes i got tickets for the shows and thankfully London isnt my home town either. but i and 99% of ppl didnt act like you and all the coments u used to make at mj. how many times did i tell u on kop when u were moaning that he wasnt doing anything that quote "hes living his life and raising his kids" that wasnt good enough for you. but now he cant even do that. so i hope your happy

Nope I ain't happy.. I wish he was living his life and spending time with his kids. I don't know what you're trying to imply but MJ being dead is not something I or any of us wanted. Believe me if I had've known that singing and dancing again would cause this much stress for him that he had to be knocked out unconscious everynight to sleep I would've definitely preferred MJ laying low in Bahrain or Ireland for eternity.

yeah i saw that in the sticky thread. does anyone have the other article where this was mentioned (the one im refering to). thought it was a NY post article aswell. in that all it gave was a quote from the witness about ratner telling some friends that he took mj down and brought him back.that what i was using as my source. hadnt seen the above one b4.

n 2000 they mentioned propofol specifically. that was a coincidence?

and elusive do you really believe propofol was Murray's idea ?

I don't know whether it will be brought up during the trial or not. I do believe the defence will try everything in their power to bring Ratner to testify , and I can't see how the judge would deny such request.
i was basing my comments off the other article that gave a quote about ratner saying he took mj down and brought him back. never seen the article sophie posted b4. no i dont believe it was murrays idea.going by that picture of the whiteboard no doubt the defence will go after him. the question is whether he talks and what he says.

the problem is that a nyp tabloid article published in 2000 mentioned that ratner gave propofol to mj.

check goolge archives: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/nypost/...***+DRUG+STUNNER+IN+'GYNO'+TRIAL&pqatl=google

full nyp article was posted on kop: http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/lofiversion/index.php/t43481.html (scroll to: Old article from the NY Post)

seems just a bit too much of a coincidence they would come up with the propofol story unless there's some truth to it. before mj's death the public hardly knew this substance exists.

yeah that article Midas57 always posts everytime anyone starts to throw conspiracy claims left and right.

I do remember that asshole Lisa Bloom commenting on CNN's "scope" on Ratner.

She said what CNN's sources were claiming was very damaging to Murray, Ratner had at least another doctor with him, had a mini-clinic there and was an expert. Yes propofol was not prescribed to treat insomnia, but it was not illegal to obtain, MJ survived before because Ratner knew what he was doing and MJ died because Murray had no idea what he was doing.

She said the defence should be very worried about that info if true, Because everything Ratner did, Murray did not do and .

She said the defence can always argue " he asked for it, he would have hired another doctor eventually" and the prosecution would reply " yes he took it but he survived, and if he got another doctor, he would have survived"

Sophie did post an article from 2000, where MJ , Ratner and PROPOFOL were mentioned

In all fairness Ratner was asked during a trial about his treatment of Michael and anesthesia but he never answered any questions or confirmed anything.

Yes there are rumors about Ratner but there has never been any confirmation.

Will this settle this debate for good?

yeah below is the article from midas its mentions both. like ivy says all we have is sources. theres nothing direct from ratner which is really all that matters. time will tell what happens

ew York Post
February 9, 2000

***** DRUG STUNNER IN 'GYNO' TRIAL

A one-time dope-addict doctor was accused yesterday of pumping Michael
Jackson full of drugs while on tour with the bizarre megastar. The
bombshell accusation came in Manhattan federal court, where Dr. Neil
Ratner was testifying against another doctor in an insurance-fraud
case. Sources said Ratner told colleagues he once gave the Gloved One
so much of a relaxant that Jackson collapsed during a world tour.

Ratner is a key prosecution witness at the federal trial of Dr. Niels
Lauersen, a celebrity gynecologist dubbed the "Dyno Gyno," who's
charged with defrauding health-insurance companies for fertility
treatments. Ratner said that in the past few years he worked as a "tour
physician" for Jackson, but refused on the stand to answer questions
about Jackson and drugs. "Would you give Michael Jackson drugs?" asked
Lauersen's lawyer, Ted Wells, referring to the singer's 1996-97
tour. "I'm not going to discuss a patient's personal medical
condition," answered Ratner. Seconds later, in a heated sidebar
conversation with Judge William Pawley, Wells accused Ratner of being
Jackson's personal drug pusher. Wells told the judge Ratner gave
Jackson drugs while the King of Pop was touring in Europe. "I think
what he is doing is illegal," insisted Wells, who has spent days
grilling Ratner on the witness stand, trying to paint him as a liar and
a thief. The judge ruled that Ratner did not have to talk about his
treatment of Jackson. Asked again about his work on the tour, Ratner
answered: "I administered medical treatment occasionally." Sources said
Ratner once told people in Lauersen's office that Jackson collapsed
after a show because Ratner had given him too much of a general
anesthetic called propofol. Propofol is often used to relieve anxiety
or pain, but larger doses cause unconsciousness.
When told of the lurid
drug accusations that surfaced at the trial, Jackson lawyer Brian Wolf
said the Gloved One's medical history was confidential. Ratner has said
he was an out-of-control drug-using doctor in the late '80s before
getting sober. He has denied ever illegally prescribing drugs to
anyone, including Jackson, in the '90s. Quote:
had given him too much of a general
anesthetic called propofol. Propofol is often used to relieve anxiety
or pain, but larger doses cause unconsciousnes

gotta love the BS reporting on what diprivan is

OK, this is getting to be a little ridiculous. It really is ridiculous that the same issues have to be addressed again and again from the same people.

The last I checked the thread title, it was not about a video of whether there were 10 shows or not. It was not about how many shows he wanted to do at all. The question asked what was the effects of daily propofol use. That is all. if you do not have something to add to that question, then politely exit the thread. Simple.

This thread is not about an article written about whether MJ took propofol at a certain time, whether he should tour, etc. This thread has become nothing more than the regurgitation of pretty much every other thread in the case forum. And this is where it stops.

This is the line in the sand. We have tried to be understanding here at this difficult time to allow people to explore some possiblities so that we can come to a possibility of what really happened. But do not take this as leeway to drag down every dingle thread here.

Bannings are the next thing to take place. This is what will occur to those who continually post off topic in every thread to push their agenda. We have multiple threads in the case forum as it is and multiple threads in the conspiracy forum. So, I amm asking if you have nothing to contribute directly to the question of the OP, exit stage right.

Thank you

Also, one final thing, each person has a screen name for this forum. DO NOT call a person anything other than what their screen name is unless you have asked them and you have their permission to do so.

ok back on topic..I did a little research about propfol and found out that ....tolerance to the sedative effects of propofol has been reported with infusions administered for longer than 7 days and has led to high infusion rates and an increased likelihood of hyperlipidemia.[66] Rarely, patients have developed pancreatitis with or without hyperlipidemia after receiving short-term or long-term infusions of propofol.[65,67] One manufacturer of propofol recently revised its package insert to indicate that once-daily sedation-awakening trials or abrupt discontinuation of propofol should be avoided because rapid awakening may cause anxiety, agitation, and resistance to mechanical ventilation.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/572673_2

Whatever, ppl just don't get it, hence the repeats, this is all going back to actually blaming MJ for his death, so I will Gladly exit this mess......... ........

Last edited:
ok back on topic..I did a little research about propfol and found out that ....tolerance to the sedative effects of propofol has been reported with infusions administered for longer than 7 days and has led to high infusion rates and an increased likelihood of hyperlipidemia.[66] Rarely, patients have developed pancreatitis with or without hyperlipidemia after receiving short-term or long-term infusions of propofol.[65,67] One manufacturer of propofol recently revised its package insert to indicate that once-daily sedation-awakening trials or abrupt discontinuation of propofol should be avoided because rapid awakening may cause anxiety, agitation, and resistance to mechanical ventilation.

Interesting.. I bet Murray was abruptly waking MJ up and that's probably why MJ was supposedly agitated and very anxious. Did Murray even read the insert or the precautions with propofol? He had to know giving this was not good didn't he?

Interesting find. The "anxiety" would then have to be treated with OTHER medications, and it was a downward spiral? OR, it's possible that Michael wasn't receiving nearly the amount of propofol (i.e. six days a week) that Murray said? He didn't have any symptoms of long-term use in the autopsy report, did he? (Did they check cholesterol? Maybe not, but they reported no heart-disease).

@font-face { font-family: "Courier New"; }@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Wingdings"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }ol { margin-bottom: 0in; }ul { margin-bottom: 0in; } http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4600

What is hyperlipidemia?
Hyperlipidemia is an elevation of lipids (fats) in the bloodstream. These lipids include cholesterol, cholesterol esters (compounds), phospholipids and triglycerides. They're transported in the blood as part of large molecules called lipoproteins.
These are the five major families of blood (plasma) lipoproteins:

• chylomicrons
  • very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL)
  • intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL)
  • low-density lipoproteins (LDL)
  • high-density lipoproteins (HDL)
What are the types of hyperlipidemia?
When hyperlipidemia is defined in terms of a class or classes of elevated lipoproteins in the blood, the term hyperlipoproteinemia is used. Hypercholesterolemia is the term for high cholesterol levels in the blood. Hypertriglyceridemia refers to high triglyceride levels in the blood.

Don't long term use of Propofol cause Liver damage?! MJ autopsy doesn't show liver damage! Infact people who already have liver damage shouldn't use Propofol! That's why it's hard to beleive Murray was given MJ Propofol for 6 weeks straight!

This doesn't specifically mention liver damage, but says that a person with liver disease should inform the doctor (no mention of abnormalities with Michael's liver in the autopsy report.)

Note that it says it can cause severe dizziness for several hours after having it. That could explain that day Michael reported being dizzy, to Kenny Ortega.

@font-face { font-family: "Courier New"; }@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Wingdings"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }ol { margin-bottom: 0in; }ul { margin-bottom: 0in; } http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-propofol/article_em.htm

What are the possible side effects of propofol (Diprivan)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

• pain, swelling, blisters, or skin changes where the medicine was injected;
  • seizure (convulsions);
  • weak or shallow breathing; or
  • fast or slow heart rate.
Less serious side effects may include:

• nausea;
  • cough;
  • slight burning or stinging around the IV needle;
  • mild itching or skin rash;
  • numbness or tingly feeling;
  • confusion, agitation, anxiety;
  • muscle pain; or
  • discolored urine.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.

What is the most important information I should know about propofol (Diprivan)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to propofol or to eggs, soy products, or soybeans.
Before you receive propofol, tell your doctor if you have epilepsy or other seizure disorder, high triglycerides (fats in the blood), liver disease, or kidney disease.
Your caregivers will monitor your heart function, blood pressure, and breathing while you are under the effects of propofol.
Tell your caregivers at once if you have a serious side effect such as seizure, weak or shallow breathing, fast or slow heart rate, or pain, swelling, blisters, or skin changes where the medicine was injected.
Before you receive propofol, tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially chloral hydrate (Somnote), droperidol (Inapsine), a sedative, or a narcotic pain medication such as fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic).

Propofol can cause severe drowsiness or dizziness, which may last for several hours. You will need someone to drive you home after your surgery or procedure. Do not drive yourself or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert for at least 24 hours after you have been treated with propofol.

What should I avoid after receiving propofol (Diprivan)?

Propofol can cause severe drowsiness or dizziness, which may last for several hours. You will need someone to drive you home after your surgery or procedure. Do not drive yourself or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert for at least 24 hours after you have been treated with propofol.

Don't long term use of Propofol cause Liver damage?! MJ autopsy doesn't show liver damage! Infact people who already have liver damage shouldn't use Propofol! That's why it's hard to beleive Murray was given MJ Propofol for 6 weeks straight!

really is that true? never heard of that especially since propofol leaves the body rather quickly

really is that true? never heard of that especially since propofol leaves the body rather quickly

Read up? (we posted simultaneously? :D) A warning is for people to tell their doctor if they have liver disease, so I'd expect there is the potential to cause damage? Or at least to those already having liver problems?

This doesn't specifically mention liver damage, but says that a person with liver disease should inform the doctor (no mention of abnormalities with Michael's liver in the autopsy report.)

Note that it says it can cause severe dizziness for several hours after having it. That could explain that day Michael reported being dizzy, to Kenny Ortega.

@font-face { font-family: "Courier New"; }@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Wingdings"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }ol { margin-bottom: 0in; }ul { margin-bottom: 0in; } http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-propofol/article_em.htm

What are the possible side effects of propofol (Diprivan)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

• pain, swelling, blisters, or skin changes where the medicine was injected;
  • seizure (convulsions);
  • weak or shallow breathing; or
  • fast or slow heart rate.
Less serious side effects may include:

• nausea;
  • cough;
  • slight burning or stinging around the IV needle;
  • mild itching or skin rash;
  • numbness or tingly feeling;
  • confusion, agitation, anxiety;
  • muscle pain; or
  • discolored urine.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.

What is the most important information I should know about propofol (Diprivan)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to propofol or to eggs, soy products, or soybeans.
Before you receive propofol, tell your doctor if you have epilepsy or other seizure disorder, high triglycerides (fats in the blood), liver disease, or kidney disease.
Your caregivers will monitor your heart function, blood pressure, and breathing while you are under the effects of propofol.
Tell your caregivers at once if you have a serious side effect such as seizure, weak or shallow breathing, fast or slow heart rate, or pain, swelling, blisters, or skin changes where the medicine was injected.
Before you receive propofol, tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially chloral hydrate (Somnote), droperidol (Inapsine),a sedative, or a narcotic pain medication such as fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic).

What should I avoid after receiving propofol (Diprivan)?

the bolded part...I know it small but.....it says tell your doctor if you are taking sedatives....stupid ass Murray was giving Michael lorazepam.....what an idiot

the bolded part...I know it small but.....it says tell your doctor if you are taking sedatives....stupid ass Murray was giving Michael lorazepam.....what an idiot

What other drugs will affect propofol?

Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:

• chloral hydrate (Somnote);
  • droperidol (Inapsine);
  • a barbiturate such as amobarbital (Amytal), butabarbital (Butisol), mephobarbital (Mebaral), secobarbital (Seconal), or phenobarbital (Solfoton);
  • diazepam (Valium) or similar medicines such as alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clorazepate (Tranxene), estazolam (ProSom), flurazepam (Dalmane), lorazepam (Ativan), midazolam (Versed), temazepam (Restoril), triazolam (Halcion), and others; or
  • a narcotic medication such as fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic), hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin), hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Palladone), morphine (Kadian, MS Contin, Oramorph, and others), oxycodone (OxyContin), oxymorphone (Numorphan, Opana), and others.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with propofol. Tell your doctor about all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/diprivan.html

"Stupid ass" is an understatement to describe what Murray did! :no:

It should be murder.. Did Murray not read the warning signs about propofol?

Back