What Are You Listening To?

Introducing The Hardline According To Terence Trent D'Arby

tumblr_okb84i8HxG1rw606ko1_r10_540.jpg

This song never gets old…

[video=youtube;7YvAYIJSSZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY&index=56&list=LLphsvbus2su8iy62B2cx5Yw[/video]

Re: What are you listening to?

I've been listening to this song a lot again lately because I really like it.

1.Prince Lets Go Crazy
2.The Script?Breakeven

I'm listening to some Tony!Toni!Tone'!
(Lay Your Head on My) Pillow, Whatever You Want, It Never Rains (In Southern California), Anniversary. :)

Whitney Houston- I Wanna Dance With Somebody
One Moment In Time, Saving All My Love For You, All The Man That I Need, I will Always Love You,
You Give Good Love, Your Love Is My Love.

May you rest in peace.

The incomparable Whitney Houston

Heartbreak Hotel ft. Kelly Price and Faith Evans
It's Not Right But It's Okay
I'm Your Baby Tonight
Million Dollar Bill
Tell Me No
Whatchulookinat

A lot of Boney M lately. One of my favourite disco groups

Boney M were known for their many disco smashes in the UK and Europe, but generally flopped in the USA.
Their heyday was 1976 to 1979, and after that went through many changes. This song from 1984 was their attempt to change
to a more 80s Dance pop sound and features the new vocalist they ahd called Reggie Tsiboe from Ghana. This is very much
the style of tropical latin pop popular in the early 1980s. The song was a moderate hit in Italy and Germany.

This song Malaika from their 1981 album Boonoonoos is an old Tanzanian love song. The word Malaika is Swahili for Angel and the song
is entirely in Swahili, the ligua franca of East Africa. It is about a poor man in love with a woman, but he can not marry her as he can not
afford the bride price, but will do anything to be with her. The song was covered by many artists including Miriam Makeba.

Although I can't understand any of it, you know it is a beautiful and sweet song.

In me dark corner of the woods there needs to be this almost absolute correlation between lyrics and reality, so at this moment in time I couldn't possibly play anything else than Sunday mornin' kinda tunes :p

sunday_morn_lionel.jpg

I betta go now and cry cause Lionel is leavin' me tomorrow, all the while re-thinkin' the literal interpreation I had given to the Maroon 5 song. According to the wise folks on YT, Adam was forshadowing his duet with Rhianna when he was singing "drivin' slow on Sunday morning". Back in 2005 I was dumb enough to think that line really was about cars; turns out it was the 'Shut up and drive' kinda stuff :lol: Thankfully, I did understand that 2000 Watts wasn't necessarily about science and orange juice :cheeky:

Back