What do you think of Don't Be Messin' 'Round (DEMO)

What do you think of the DEMO - Don't Be Messin' 'Round??

• I LOVE IT!!!

Votes: 111 56.1%
  • I think it's an ok demo

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don't really like it

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • I HATE IT!!!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Love it, but not three exclamation points, just one :p There are better demos of course, but a demo is a demo and it's Michael! His adlibs make it great. :D

Love it! Love hearing Michael in his creative moments and directing the process. Not to mention that he can use his voice to emulate the various instruments. Michael truly was deeply and multi-talented.

Michael was truly a musical genius in more ways than one!

I like it and I want to hear the later versions too in the future.

Me too! I hope the estate will do that in the future. That would be such a treat!

I love it!

I'll just repost what I posted in another thread:

To me, hearing a demo is an honour from Michael....I think this because he was SUCH a perfectionist. I don't think he ever really liked being seen in the process, y'know? That's why we get SO excited when we see him in rehearsal, or studio, or in the middle of the creation of the magic....It's because it's so rare (although, not as rare since he's been gone)....He always wanted us to see the FINAL product....Like a magician doesn't want anyone to know HOW the trick is done...

So a demo to me is a beautiful thing....We get to see where his musical genius head was going with something, and it's a great thing to hear.....I will listen to a demo over a finished product ANY DAY....unless it's finished by Michael, of course ;)

I think it's a great song, lots of different sounds going on, but they all blend together well...Michael sounds happy and I love his ad libs and overall vocals...And Michael playing the piano is a real treat :wild:

So so true. Thanks for the post. I can just see him playing that piano smiling that great smile of his. He really sounds like he is soo happy and relaxed, it just warms my heart knowing that.

And of course I LOVE IT!!! I know it is a demo but I'll tell you personally it is better than a lot of those songs out today with that electronic, artificial sound. This is so pure and authentic and so much fun! The beat is stuck in my head and as another poster mentioned his/her kid loves that song and I can imagine why. Can't get enought of that rhythmn, only Michael could creat something so magical. And his adlibs are so precious, ahhh love it!!!

I love it and the fact that we fans can hear it in its' raw state. How awesome would the finished product have been. Truly the master is Michael.

It's different from anything on Bad. I couldn't see it fitting on that album, so I can see why it was left off. However, I do love the song a lot! For a demo, I think it's wonderful! Michael's demos alone beat any of that new garbage they call "music" nowadays that is out there. It's just simply amazing. He amazes me. He truly is a genius. This song is just another great masterpiece of his work to add to the vault.

I understand why a few doesn't really like it. - That's fair enough.

But 1 person HATE IT?? - That's weird to me...

What's to hate in the demo? A nice beat, MJ vocals - MJ piano - a nice groove. I don't see how you can HATE IT ??

I understand why a few doesn't really like it. - That's fair enough.

But 1 person HATE IT?? - That's weird to me...

What's to hate in the demo? A nice beat, MJ vocals - MJ piano - a nice groove. I don't see how you can HATE IT ??

I agree, though it's not hard to guess who that one person is.

Of course I love it because I love hearing how MJ building the song, the melody i.e the creative process.

I love Michael's demo's and this one I enjoy very much for the creativeness, the rhythm, the lightness, the adlibs, the warmth of his voice, the warmth of the latin-jazz-r&b and what not meltingpot :). It makes me smile, makes me dance, gives me joy.
(First demo I enjoyed so much was for "Workin' Day And Night" but this one is maybe even better for my taste :))

I like it a lot. Both simple and intricate. I think it matches well enough the 'bad' era, even if it might not have fitted on the album.

Does anyone know more about the way such demos were made ? Apparently MJ played the piano (sounds like there're 3 different piano layers there). I suppose he played on a basic rhythm track recorded before.
What I'm curious about is the point of recording such elaborate demos that are not meant to be the final product. A demo is generally produced by a single person to demonstrate a song to the rest of the band, or by an unknown band to try to get signed. Here we have a fully orchestrated demo.
Did MJ need to do record such elaborate demos so he could hear how they sounded before making choices for the album ?

from twitter...

[h=6]From the Estate: We've just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!! #BAD25[/h]

from twitter...

From the Estate: We've just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!! #BAD25

That's awesome! :wild:

Cant vote as im on my mobile and it doesnt show. dont hate it dont love it. listened to it once and thats it. its a very rough demo nothing more so not sure how ppl can go omg its the greatest when its a very basis demo. its hardly for all time or weve had enough or even fall again.and certainly isnt what alot were expecting due to swediens comments i guess ppl are deprived but the gushing over a very basic demo is abit ott imo

from twitter...

From the Estate: We've just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!! #BAD25

:wild: :wild: :wild:

I SOOO HOPE IT WILL BE #1 !!!

What a great start of the BAD25 campaign that would be!!

Another one Hates it...

Those who HATE the demo, will you please try to explain why you HATE it?? Would be nice to hear.

it is a nice song, but Michael wouldn't appreciate that Sony launched a demo...he always wanted quality!

but it is sweet to hear his voice again:)

it is a nice song, but Michael wouldn't appreciate that Sony launched a demo...he always wanted quality!

but it is sweet to hear his voice again:)

MJ himself released The Ultimate Collection - with many demoes.

So that is simply NOT true!!

MJ knew fans liked to hear demoes and to see/hear the work progress etc. So MJ himself approved demoes to be released while he was alive!!!

Well it's called a demo for a reason. Obviously it was unfinished, but still very decent. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Love it! Not like crazy, but I'm grateful that this saw the light of day :D

I love many of the demos that are officially released : Cheater, In The Back, Street Walker, Monkey Business, and a few more. DBMR gets pretty much the same love from me. Can't say it's better than any of them, tho.

I know I love all those demo versions cuz I don't think much about what the complete versions would sound like. Maybe I'll start thinking about that further down the road, but for now, I'm in the early phase of enjoying the newness. One thing for sure, tho, if the song wasn't good to my ear like it is, that phase wouldn't even exist or last this long.

Cant vote as im on my mobile and it doesnt show. dont hate it dont love it. listened to it once and thats it. its a very rough demo nothing more so not sure how ppl can go omg its the greatest when its a very basis demo. its hardly for all time or weve had enough or even fall again.and certainly isnt what alot were expecting due to swediens comments i guess ppl are deprived but the gushing over a very basic demo is abit ott imo

Well if you only listened to it once you probably missed a lot .. Even the musical genious Michael Jackson stated he has to listento a song 2 - 3 times before he could asses it and tell if his liked it or not - There are many layeres to a song and instumentation and lyrics and melody that you cant asses just by hearing it once. The song has a great latin melody and beat that is very infectuous and makes you want to dance. Its lyrics at very flirty and upbeat and the MJ ad libs are just great for fans to hear. It wasnt meant to be a chart stopper. It is what is .. a Demo . but in that form is was still great music from Michael Jackson - His creation .. Listen to it a few more times Elusive, Please so you can give a fair assessment and to see if it grows on you .. Its not suppose to be what you were expecting you cant judge it that way.

I think completed this would have been a hit . The music is very likable upbeat and makes you want to dance. ... as far as what Sweiden stated about the song . I believe he was speaking about the Thriller session or demo of the song and it may have been more of a ballad in it's ealier stages .. maybe will will also get to hear the other demos of DBMR .. possibly on a New Album release with MJ's unrelased songs and demos. coming in the future :) but on this Album they were right to release the 87 BAD session Demo .. For BAd 25

from twitter...

Is that true? I mean it's not available for online purchase, I don't think it gets a lot radio play either, so I'd be VERY suprrised if it charted high, let alone be Nr 1. Don't get me wrong I would be very happy about it, but it sounds irrealistic to me.

Back