What is the Last Music Bio Book You've Read?

Songs Of America (2019)

tumblr_pw6qguZf281rw606ko1_540.jpg

Re: what last music bio book have you read?...

Last semester I finally finished "Thriller" by Nelson George. Wasn't bad, but he talked about himself too much.

In The Midnight Hour: The Life & Soul Of Wilson Pickett {2017}

tumblr_pxl5dmdO701rw606ko1_r10_540.jpg

Soul Survivor: A Biography Of Al Green (2017)

71i3ylTFnkL.jpg

Michael Jackson was mentioned 3 or 4 times in this book, including a kind of funny story about Mike attending one of Al's church services.

LOL ! Michael Jackson, is the last and only music bio book i've ever read. It's called the magic and the madness. By umm something Torborelli??

The last I read was The Magic and the Madness by Taraborreli. But I heard so many people say its all lies, I don't know what to think.

Rocket Man (2019)

61N5uGCYqmL.jpg

This is mostly a photo book and talks about all of his albums to date. But it does have his basic life story like the Cliff Notes version.

4303.jpg
and this
5185STPXciL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

also , i am looking forward to skrillex year book - will post when i receive that

Whisperin' Bill Anderson: An Unprecedented Life In Country Music (2016)

412XHgx+ujL.jpg

'Blues All Around Me - the autobiography of B.B. King'
by B.B. King with David Ritz

Also dipping in and out of 'George Michael - Bare'
by George Michael and Tony Parsons

"Life Is Just What You Make It - The Autobiography"

by Donny Osmond with Patricia Romanowski and Jill Willis

'Blues All Around Me - the autobiography of B.B. King'
by B.B. King with David Ritz

Also dipping in and out of 'George Michael - Bare'
by George Michael and Tony Parsons
How is Bare?
Why Has Nobody told Me this Before?
by Dr Julie Smith
and confession time - so i am just taking up a decent membership deal on audible and got in a state when i found bloomin 'Be careful who you Love ' by her. i was reconsidering my membership if they are gonna promote that horror sh*t show, but instead i went for .... basically 'liking' the comments..:rolleyes: who are against this effing tripe , ( not hard to do cause the reviews are all against it) - and then to my horror i had accidentally thumbed up this review which said ... " its a good book This book would have been really good had the narrator hadn’t said literally every sentence ‘quote’ ….’end quote’. Really annoying."

so , i had to speak to speak to customer services desperately and quickly cause there was no way i could 'unlike' the bloody thing .....

was waiting for about dunno , around about thirty mins and could she could help me? .. nooo they couldnt ! once you "liked" a comment - thats it you like it. FOREVER.
Oh.... that was horrible to hear (and im so so sorry Michael -!!) but i did manage to some how rectify my huge mistake , "placed " it in my library -squirmimg as i did that,
...then pressed start
and quickly muted it - KEPT IT ON MUTE .
then had to wait a while till it was okay to review it , when they allowed it , i kept it short, and sweet but not typical - and boy , did i do that!
A rag is a diamonds best friend . isnt it dd?

How is Bare?
OK, 2 things
a) I'm not into Wham! or George Michael. Good pop stars / pop star but I never was fussed on George's voice.
b) Not really into biographies, memoirs, autobiographies.

For some reason I've been dipping into a few this summer. I keep thinking about fame, the consequences etc. It's probably a Michael thing.

Haven't read this one properly yet. My reading atm is all over the place. I'm like a mad flea. Jumping from one book to another. 'Bare' is quite good bc the way they do it is mostly a series of long quotes from George and various people in his life. Sometimes I read a quote bc I know who the person is - Shirlie Holliman, for example - and other times I go for someone I've never heard of - Rob Kahane, booking agent for America.

I just read a bit from Simon Napier - Bell:

"He had a terror of being photographed because he felt like a fake, he felt like a fraud. He could never relax and accept the fact that he had become an enormously attractive and good-looking person."

(P.154 - 'George Michael - Bare' by George Michael and Tony Parsons)

Prince And The Parade & Sign O' The Times Era Studio Sessions: 1985 And 1986 (2021)
a1d6f32d2d106f7db65d0c825d2d0d01e43a6174.pnj

Nöthin' But A Good Time: The Uncensored History Of The '80s Hard Rock Explosion {2021}
Long Train Runnin': Our Story Of The Doobie Brothers {2022}

5b7578deba1b9240e499717f30e57a0144f8577a.jpg
c3170432dc1cfd10e6578d5f15d221c51f38b572.jpg

Back