Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which year was Chicago recorded? The vocals sounds more like the Bad era to me.
1984 during the Victory sessions, it could have been 82 or 83 but correct me if I’m wrong, it was considered for bad but didn’t make the cut, apparently it was also considered for HIStory

There was a much higher quality snippet of Chicago quite a few pages back. Does anyone know if the full song has been released in that quality?

Alert MJ Comunauty form Twitter want every leak of Chicago 1945 and Dream Away video form Youtube to be deleted

I'm really
In which year was Chicago recorded? The vocals sounds more like the Bad era to me.
It's more 1986-1988. At least post the original recording in '83. That's why I say it was never gonna be on Thriller, it would've never made sense.

Chicago 1945 lives up to the hype. The instrumentation is so bright and exuberant, and there's something different about Michael's vocal style. The song sounds unlike anything else in his discography. Way more interesting than Al Capone. I hope the Estate can negotiate a deal with Steve Porcaro to feature the track on a posthumous studio album. It’s too good to be tucked away on an anniversary release.

Last edited:
"Almost 15", I said.

Fly Away
Streetwalker
We Are Here to Change the World
Scared of the Moon
Cheater
Don't Be Messin' 'Round
I'm So Blue
Song Groove
Free
Price of Fame
Al Capone
Loving You
Do you know where your children are as well.

This thread is about Thriller40 CD2, though. Any mods to clean this forum up? Its getting messy :D

I haven’t heard anyone complain about all tracks on the first disc being released before.

This thread is about Thriller40 CD2, though. Any mods to clean this forum up? Its getting messy :D
I am here, but its very time consuming to cleanup this thread, it is all over the place over multiple pages. If it helps, I can close it because we know what's in Disc 2 now, but I also don't want anyone to feel they cannot carry on discussion here. If I get enough thumbs up for this, I can close as per majority wish.

Isnt it possilbe to simply change the thread names so people know where to comment?
- Thriller 40 - General Discussion (Music Vids, Doc, ...)
- Thriller 40 - Disc 2 Songs

And C45 and DA leaks do not belong to either of those 2 T40 threads imo. There are two unreleased songs threads already, they might be merged as well and then these new leak unrelated to T40 would fit there as well.

I can't wait to hear disc 2 this friday. Luckily I am going to work from home friday - so I can have disc 2 playing all day.

Isnt it possilbe to simply change the thread names so people know where to comment?
- Thriller 40 - General Discussion (Music Vids, Doc, ...)
- Thriller 40 - Disc 2 Songs

And C45 and DA leaks do not belong to either of those 2 T40 threads imo. There are two unreleased songs threads already, they might be merged as well and then these new leak unrelated to T40 would fit there as well.
i think this topic should be locked and the "Disc 2 Songs" conversation should continue there on the general discussion thread since all the bonus tracks announced already, so we don't need a "what songs do you think will be on thriller 40" conversation anymore.

15 outtakes from the Bad session's, what ones are these?

maybe this? 15 officially.

1987 - TODO MI AMOR ERES TU
1992 - COME TOGETHER [4:02 / 5:27]
2001 - STREETWALKER
2001 - FLY AWAY
2004 - SCARED OF THE MOON (DEMO)
2004 - WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD
2004 - CHEATER (DEMO) [4:01 / 5:09]
2012 - DON'T BE MESSIN' ROUND
2012 - I'M SO BLUE
2012 - SONG GROOVE (A/K/A ABORTION PAPERS)
2012 - FREE
2012 - PRICE OF FAME
2012 - AL CAPONE
2012 - JE NE VEUX PAS LE FIN DE NOUS
2014 - LOVING YOU

maybe this? 15 officially.

1987 - TODO MI AMOR ERES TU
1992 - COME TOGETHER [4:02 / 5:27]
2001 - STREETWALKER
2001 - FLY AWAY
2004 - SCARED OF THE MOON (DEMO)
2004 - WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD
2004 - CHEATER (DEMO) [4:01 / 5:09]
2012 - DON'T BE MESSIN' ROUND
2012 - I'M SO BLUE
2012 - SONG GROOVE (A/K/A ABORTION PAPERS)
2012 - FREE
2012 - PRICE OF FAME
2012 - AL CAPONE
2012 - JE NE VEUX PAS LE FIN DE NOUS
2014 - LOVING YOU
Yeah, forgot about Come Together.
However, I won't consider the Spanish and French versions of IJSCLY since they're the same song.

I'm really

It's more 1986-1988. At least post the original recording in '83. That's why I say it was never gonna be on Thriller, it would've never made sense.
It almost seems like the music is early eighties and the vocals Bad Era

The instrumental screams mid 80s, but the vocal style is for sure closer to Bad rather than Thriller, or even Victory
Yes exactly, I meant mid 80s intrumentation. The vocals remind me of a mix between Throwin' Your Life Away, Abortion Papers and Al Capone, Bad Era

I know Chicago 1945 and Smooth Criminal are unrelated but I'm wondering if Smooth Criminal takes some inspiration from it, like the heartbeat heard in the intro, the police sirens, the Chicago 1940's theme and all of that. They do have a considerable amount of similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back