Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago 1945: 6/10. Very interesting track, but takes a little too long to grab you. However it’s intriguing hearing Michael sing lyrics with sports references and his vocal technique/approach feels different. Either way it’s GREAT hearing new MJ songs regardless but I can see why it was shelved. It’s catchy but I feel it’s production is what holds it back. That having been said I’m conflicted because I do like it and I feel it could have been a hit. Makes me wish Michael would have released an album during the Thrad Era circa 1985 ish and this song SURELY would have had a place on that album!

Dream Away: 4/10. Gorgeous vocals, but it’s still clearly not fleshed out idea/production wise. People saying it’s giving Human Nature/Disney vibes hit the nail on the head. It’s a very pretty song but it just sort of sits there and doesn’t really go anywhere interesting, the melody isn’t super strong. AGAIN, I’m very grateful though to have heard it at all! I put this in the same category of a song like Be Not Always, it’s pretty and I’m glad to hear it but it doesn’t blow me away. I can ultimately see why this track as well was shelved and not really known about.
I like the hook of Chicago 1945 but that’s about it. The intro sounds like a satanic ritual chant lol and the instrumental is kinda goofy at moments. Little disappointed by it tbh. Sounds like a few other mj songs. Dream Away I actually really like but the autotune sounds weird on it as well as the ending which is just kinda abrupt. It also sounds very similar to for all time and human nature. Any idea what era that ones from? I want to say 2000s

Like Always Damien Shields complaining at everything

I like Damien and rate his opinion highly but I've got to say this morale stance is frustrating.

He can't complain about fans being excited, as when it suits him, he profits from that excitement with knowledge on unreleased songs that are unavailable to fans. He's made a decent place within the community doing it. Part of the reason fans are so excited about unreleased songs like Chicago 1945 are through his articles.

As for being Michael's worst enemy, I'd call his attention to Bryan Loren, who Michael fired from the Dangerous project for talking about the album before it's release.
Which, although not the same, is similar to what Damien has done in the past, notably with the Xscape album.

While those of us who like living Dangerously, and listen to leaks are partially to blame, it's also the fault of the Estate and Steve himself unfortunately.

I hate the term "Michael's worst enemy" also, I don't remember being his worst enemy when we were publicly defending him against the world, 10 years after his death. While some of us with bigger platforms went into a self-imposed exile 👀

I know Chicago 1945 and Smooth Criminal are unrelated but I'm wondering if Smooth Criminal takes some inspiration from it, like the heartbeat heard in the intro, the police sirens, the Chicago 1940's theme and all of that. They do have a considerable amount of similarities.
The sirens also reminded me a bit of me Heatwave's (Rod Temperton) 'Gangsters Of The Groove'

I like Damien and rate his opinion highly but I've got to say this morale stance is frustrating.

He can't complain about fans being excited, as when it suits him, he profits from that excitement with knowledge on unreleased songs that are unavailable to fans. He's made a decent place within the community doing it. Part of the reason fans are so excited about unreleased songs like Chicago 1945 are through his articles.

As for being Michael's worst enemy, I'd call his attention to Bryan Loren, who Michael fired from the Dangerous project for talking about the album before it's release.
Which, although not the same, is similar to what Damien has done in the past, notably with the Xscape album.

While those of us who like living Dangerously, and listen to leaks are partially to blame, it's also the fault of the Estate and Steve himself unfortunately.

I hate the term "Michael's worst enemy" also, I don't remember being his worst enemy when we were publicly defending him against the world, 10 years after his death. While some of us with bigger platforms went into a self-imposed exile 👀
Damien’s opinion doesn’t matter lol

the listeners of the leaks aren’t the problem. It’s the leakers themselves. It’s perfectly fine to listen to whatever you want. Just because you or your friends don’t hear it doesn’t help anything. Unless you want to wait to hear it in CDQ then that makes sense.

Please do not make person attack on other members.
the listeners of the leaks aren’t the problem. It’s the leakers themselves. It’s perfectly fine to listen to whatever you want. Just because you or your friends don’t hear it doesn’t help anything.
shut the f up CMS, you're trash and did nothing worthwhile for this community.

I at least did something, even if I'm in a boatload of trouble now...

The song was recorded in 1982 or 1983 and was considered for Victory and later Bad. The song was reworked during HIStory and Invincible.

Oh no, don't show me new MJ songs. It's not like as a fan I'd like to listen to them. I'd rather be morally ethic with some persons that I don't know.

Oh no, don't show me new MJ songs. It's not like as a fan I'd like to listen to them. I'd rather be morally ethic with some persons that I don't know.
Listened to Chicago 1945, thought "ok cool" and now i'm done with it, i don't get how this is supposed to give me hope as a fan, TYLA leak didn't give me hope for anything either, and it's been years :unsure:

I know Chicago 1945 and Smooth Criminal are unrelated but I'm wondering if Smooth Criminal takes some inspiration from it, like the heartbeat heard in the intro, the police sirens, the Chicago 1940's theme and all of that. They do have a considerable amount of similarities.
The bulk of Moonwalker is literally C45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back