Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got The Hots was never released in some countries. It wasn't released in the USA.
Who cares? CDs are not region-locked, you can buy any CD from around the world and have it delievered to your home.

By that logic, I shouldn't have most of the heavy metal CDs I buy regularly, as they're only released in Europe by niche labels.

Also, why would Mark Ronson's mix look the same, unless they're using a 2010 contemporary edit and not the original demo?

People are so creative with these fakes lol

It's the one file, not two, I assume it's Mark Ronson's remix.

I am quite sure they will NOT include a Demo Version of a main album song in this concept for CD2: such as Starlight being the Demo of Thriller.And actually I am happy about a CD full of alternate (partly unheared) tracks.

I just hope two things for the remaining 5 tracks:
- Hot Street
- NO inclusion of Can't Get Outta the Rain
I would guess Can’t get outta the rain will most likely be included. It was released as a B side on one of the singles back in the Thriller era.

It’s this song, so a ballad:
I’m beginning to think this isn’t “Lovely Way.” These vocals sound late 1990s at the absolute earliest, so unless MJ re-recorded it this is almost certainly something else.

Perhaps Korgnex could confirm?

I’m beginning to think this isn’t “Lovely Way.” These vocals sound late 1990s at the absolute earliest, so unless MJ re-recorded it this is almost certainly something else.

I agree, this does sound like 1990's vocals tbh

Got The Hots was never released in some countries. It wasn't released in the USA and I'm happy I will be able to get it on CD.

On top of that, Got The Hots doesn't fit with the digital exclusive tracks. The digital tracks are all remixes/special versions/demos of songs from the original Thriller album. Got The Hots doesn't fit in with those tracks.
Considering they added all the previous tracks from Thriller 25, + other "rare" mixes (Like Human Nature's 7") and stuff that was only available in singles (like the WBSS Tommy D's remix...), i feel that Can't Get Outta The Rain, Carousel, and of course, Got The Hots, all could have fit on CD3 without any issues.

Who cares? CDs are not region-locked, you can buy any CD from around the world and have it delievered to your home.

By that logic, I shouldn't have most of the heavy metal CDs I buy regularly, as they're only released in Europe by niche labels.
I care. Why pay extra for a CD from another country when I can buy one made for distribution in my own country that costs me less.

Considering they added all the previous tracks from Thriller 25, + other "rare" mixes (Like Human Nature's 7") and stuff that was only available in singles (like the WBSS Tommy D's remix...), i feel that Can't Get Outta The Rain, Carousel, and of course, Got The Hots, all could have fit on CD3 without any issues.
Human Nature 7" is a special version of a song from Thriller. Got The Hots is not. Every song on the digital exclusives is a version of some song on Thriller. Got The Hots is not. It fits better with the 2nd disc.

I agree, this does sound like 1990's vocals tbh
Disagreed, sounds very Thriller era ish to me, not the matured 90s voice at all. Listen to that then We Are The World demo vocals.

We are getting (What A) Lovely Way (To Go) original demo, while Korgy is releasing the 2010 mix (because we won't get the 2010 mix in the release)

Disagreed, sounds very Thriller era ish to me, not the matured 90s voice at all. Listen to that then We Are The World demo vocals.

We are getting (What A) Lovely Way (To Go) original demo, while Korgy is releasing the 2010 mix (because we won't get the 2010 mix in the release)
Has he really confirmed this? Or it's just a useless tease?

Michael hums this exact melody during the 93' deposition when asked about 'What A Lovely Way To Go', so I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's the same song.

You guys please stop guessing the tracklist, it's getting pointless now...
Also, in case you don't know, before the announcement of first track, several previously released Thriller era tracks posted on YouTube are labeled as "track 11", "track 13", "track 15" and "track 17" of a non-existent album, and these songs are Got The Hots (track 11), Carousel (track 13), Can't Get Outta The Rain (track 15) and Sunset Driver (track 17). Now that Got The Hots is confirmed as indeed the 11th track, so we can be sure of track 13, 15 and 17.
Damn. There might be some truth about this. The attached "Track 11" to GTH has just recently turned into "Got The Hots (Demo)".

Damn. There might be some truth about this. The attached "Track 11" to GTH has just recently turned into "Got The Hots (Demo)".
Yes, it seems likely at this point, unfortunately. I think they're going by the rule of having no demo versions of Thriller tracks. So no Starlight and Girl is Mine Solo, but most likely Hot Street/Slapstick and Niteline.

The oddest thing is why Girl is Mine Solo, Someone in the Dark etc. aren't on Disc 3 if they're not on Disc 2.

One thing I thought they might do is reissue The Girl is Mine as a digital single and new music video featuring recording studio footage, with the demo as a bonus track like they did in 2008. Just a thought, but this is the estate we're talking about so who knows why it isn't on there.

Yes, it seems likely at this point, unfortunately. I think they're going by the rule of having no demo versions of Thriller tracks. So no Starlight and Girl is Mine Solo, but most likely Hot Street/Slapstick and Niteline.

The oddest thing is why Girl is Mine Solo, Someone in the Dark etc. aren't on Disc 3 if they're not on Disc 2.

One thing I thought they might do is reissue The Girl is Mine as a digital single and new music video featuring recording studio footage, with the demo as a bonus track like they did in 2008. Just a thought, but this is the estate we're talking about so who knows why it isn't on there.
“Starlight” has gotten sweeping takedown notices across YouTube, so that one’s definitively on there.

Would be very odd if Starlight wasn't included. I guess you could argue that they could save it for 50 but really why bother.

“Starlight” has gotten sweeping takedown notices across YouTube, so that one’s definitively on there.
It looks like to me that Hot Street might be the one that didn't make disc 2. The Estate might think this song strong enough to make a new studio album and it will come out along with a contemporized version.
Or, in a better case, they saw what fans posted and decided to swap Can't Get Outta The Rain or/and Sunset Driver for something we really want.

221006_mj_thriller40.jpg

Just looked at this picture for once more and I've came up with something.
Clearly there are 2 songs missing to make a full zero, and the arc on the right is shorter than the left one, so given the possible candidate songs I've mentioned, I think it's Carousel on the right as it only has 8 letters, while those who have 9 letters (counting space bar) is the one on the left, i.e. Hot Street, Nite Line or Starlight.
For the 3 missing on four, the hypotenuse must be Can't Get Outta The Rain, because it has the longest title. The base is Sunset Driver and another 9 letter song.
But this theory could vary due to different fonts used.
Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back