Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the longer I sit on it, the more I feel that disc 2 is already worth the money, irrespective of the as-yet-unannounced songs. We’re getting the original demo for “Behind the Mask” that we’ve wanted for 12 years, a 1980s recording of “Best of Joy” (more or less), a completely unheard song, and an HQ version of “She’s Trouble.” Even if the remaining songs are all leaks and/or previously released demos, this is still the best and most comprehensive Thriller reissue ever. It’s far from perfect but I can’t think of any serious, make-or-break complaints in the same way I could for Michael or Bad 25.

T40 is already a great release IMO with the songs we get on disc 2. - no matter if all the rest is already leaked songs.

4K videos would be great.

The Jacksons have recently re-issued The Jacksons LIVE! LP - and also the have just released new Victory tour jackets.

Could there be a The Jacksons release of Victory tour in the progress? Maybe they plan on releasing it close to the release of T40 to use the momentum and interest for the period and tour? - I really hope so, but who knows.

Have anyone bought the re-issue of The Jacksons LIVE! ? - and is the sound any better?

I hope Can't Get Out Of The Rain or Sunset Driver aren't on there. I'm pleased with most of the tracklist that we know so far, but it's hard to get excited about songs that have already been released.
Not only are they already released. But those songs are already connected to the Off The Wall Era. MJ may have worked some more on Sunset Driver for Thriller, but it’s an OTW era song & was first released on the Ultimate Collection.
And „Can’t Get Outta The Rain/You Can’t Win“ even predate OTW with their roots in The Wiz movie.

Last edited:
I really do hope we get Starlight.

I am a little sad we won't get The Girl Is Mine demo - MJ solo. - Someone mentioned this could be released as a single with a new musicvideo with studio footage. - Imagine if that happened... Would be EPIC. - MJ and Sir Paul in the studio, would really be gold.

Fun fact I've discovered: Sunset Driver uses the same bridge as Any Love (Rufus 1979) and Turn on the Action (1981). Both Quincy Jones productions.
Now I'm wondering if the bridge on the '78 version differs from the released '82 version.🤔

I hope it’s not so everyone can stop worrying about can’t get outta the rain. That song has no business on thriller 40. Yes it was a b side but so was some of the Jackson’s live songs and they equally have no business on thriller 40
I try to upload that song on youtube and copyright say "track 13" this is really interesting

If the next couple announced songs are tracks that have already been leaked. Don't freak out. It's almost funny how many pages are complaints about leaked songs being on vs. the volume of comments when an unheard song is announced.

If the next couple announced songs are tracks that have already been leaked. Don't freak out. It's almost funny how many pages are complaints about leaked songs being on vs. the volume of comments when an unheard song is announced.

I don’t mind leaked songs
It’s not the estates fault that these songs got out

I think like two people have complained about there being leaked songs included. Majority of complaints were about them re-selling us songs that have already been released.

We can get one more unheard song (if we are lucky)

I only have TGIM demo on a single cd somewhere in the basement... I had ripped it to my itunes from the cd back in the days, but then my pc broke down and I lost the song in my library when I got a new PC and got iTunes installed again.

And TGIM demo can not be bougt on iTunes - is it available on Spotify? - or other streaming sites?

I hope TGIM demo will be released - maybe not on disc 2, but then on a single if a single is released. I miss TGIM solo version on my phone.

I would be very happy if Starlight and TGIM demo is announced.

I only have TGIM demo on a single cd somewhere in the basement... I had ripped it to my itunes from the cd back in the days, but then my pc broke down and I lost the song in my library when I got a new PC and got iTunes installed again.

And TGIM demo can not be bougt on iTunes - is it available on Spotify? - or other streaming sites?

I hope TGIM demo will be released - maybe not on disc 2, but then on a single if a single is released. I miss TGIM solo version on my phone.

I would be very happy if Starlight and TGIM demo is announced.
We hope they release rolling the dice or stand tall or spice of life or groove of midnight or buffalo bill or Chicago 1945 we don't need the girl is mine demo

We hope they release rolling the dice or stand tall or spice of life or groove of midnight or buffalo bill or Chicago 1945 we don't need the girl is mine demo
“Stand Tall” was never recorded. “Spice of Life” likely wasn’t either.

“Groove of Midnight” is from the BAD era, and according to Matt Forger wasn’t recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back